Good Shot Judy Reviews

19 | Richmond, VA

19 Reviews for Good Shot Judy

Joyce Richter · Getting married on 01/01/2022

They know how to work a crowd!

Good Shot Judy really knows how to work a crowd! They provided low key background music during dinner, and then ratcheted it up to give our guests a swinging time following our auction. Our guests loved them!

Sent on 02/05/2020

Good Shot Judy's reply:

Thanks so much, Joyce! We had blast entertaining the guests during dinner and for dancing after the auction. It was such a fun night!

Julie Smith · Getting married on 06/12/2021

Made the wedding

There is no other DJ or band that I would have rather had. The performance felt flawless and the energy was perfect for the room. I'm not kidding when I say that at any given moment half the room was on the dance floor. Thank you Good Shot Judy!

Sent on 01/07/2020

Good Shot Judy's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Julie! You guys have an amazing group of family and friends and were truly a pleasure to perform for!

Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce · Getting married on 12/02/2020

GCCC Annual Mardi Gras Dinner and Awards

Good Shot Judy played for the Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce starting more than 5 years ago, each year for our Annual Mardi Gras Dinner. They are not only talented, professional and a real joy to listen to they make the whole room energized! The Chamber and Attendees love to have them perform! We had a blast and would definitely have them back in the future. They always do an amazing job and we love them!!

Sent on 02/12/2020

Good Shot Judy's reply:

Thanks so much! The Gloucester Chamber of Commerce Mardi Gras Ball was one of our first public performances 5 years ago. We've had so much fun at all of these events but I think this most recent one may have been my favorite! We love performing for you guys!

Kelsey Abell · Married on 02/22/2020

Go hire GSJ now

So if you are on the fence about hiring GSJ, don't be. They were absolutely incredible and truly made it "the best party ever" according to one attendee. If you are looking for something to elevate your wedding to the next level, look no further because GSJ will make it amazing.

Sent on 04/04/2020

Good Shot Judy's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. Kelsey! We had such a great time entertaining your family and friends!

Sarah Perrett · Married on 01/04/2020

Good Shot Judy was at HIT!

Good Shot Judy was a complete HIT at our black-tie, speakeasy themed Gala. Our guests hit the dance floor and never looked back. They are still raving about their performance, even days later. Brett and his team were so easy to work with and on top of that, bursting with talent! We'd hire them again any day.

Sent on 04/18/2019
  • Jeana

Jeana Schiffres · Married on 07/10/2019

Good Shot Judy

Great to work with! We had a crazy jam packed event and they were willing to work with our insane timeline! Loved them so much!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Hannah Carter · Married on 05/25/2019

GSJ is the absolute best!

I can't say enough good things about Good Shot Judy! They packed the dance floor the entire night and made our reception so much fun! Our guests were coming up to us throughout the night telling us how much they loved the music. With their busy performance schedule, they somehow managed to make the time to learn our first dance song and send us a recording so that we could practice our dance. Brett and the band are so friendly and made the night even more special!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Tony Ennis · Married on 02/11/2019

Not just a band but a show

What a nice group. Flexible, responsive and great music .
    We have engaged them many times before and will no doubt continue to do so .

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Anthony

Anthony Ennis · Married on 02/11/2019

Not just a band but a show

The band is a really nice group of people who are responsive , flexible and engaging. Great music great party.
    Our Yacht Club has engaged them before and will no doubt again.

Sent on 11/08/2019

Jennifer Phillips · Married on 12/15/2018

Fantastic!

Hired them for a 25th Anniversary Party in December. My friends are still talking about the band. They made the party! It was a wonderful night and Good Shot Judy being there made it a perfect night.

Sent on 01/18/2019
  • Lauriehardaway

Lauriehardaway · Married on 12/08/2018

Good Shot Judy for our wedding band

Good Shot Judy is the best band around and did a wonderful job at my daughter's wedding. They are tremendously talented and personable and always know how to get a crowd on their feet! Brett the singer did two songs for the ceremony which were perfect, and he, Chelsea, and the whole band were a huge crowd favorite. You will not regret hiring them :)

Sent on 01/17/2019

Phil · Married on 10/27/2018

Wedding Reception Entertainment

Good Shot Judy was amazing entertainment for my wedding in every way. From the planning period, to special requests, day of set-up (which took place at a price residence), and the actual performance, they went above and beyond. They could not have been nicer or easier to work with and every single one of the guests spoke about how amazing they were following the event.

Sent on 11/24/2018

L. F. · Married on 10/11/2018

A+ in every way

This band - in particular Brett (the band leader) - is professional, easy-to-work-with, and appealing to a broad range of ages. Their staging and playing are such fun to watch as well as dance to.

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • Ann

Ann Bellecci · Married on 10/06/2018

Everyone Loved GSJ!

GSJ is an amazing band -- everyone was dancing at the reception and people said it was the best wedding they had been to including their own! Brett is extremely helpful and easy to work with. They played all the songs we requested for our special dances. I can't recommend GSJ enough!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Dacotah · Married on 09/14/2018

Good Shot Judy has been our favorite band since one of our first dates, and of course we had to hire them to play at our wedding two and a half years later. Not only do they sound fantastic, but Brett and the rest of the band are some of the lovelies people I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with; and as we all know planning a wedding is sometimes not the most pleasant, but there was never an issue with GSJ. We happened to plan our wedding over a hurricane, so my mom and I were frantically tying to call everyone to see if we could change our date to one day earlier (before the weather got bad), and GSJ cancelled one of their gigs just to accommodate my needs ❤️ not to mention, my guests are still talking about how amazing the music was at our reception. These guys are THE BEST. Hire them.

Sent on 09/18/2018

N · Married on 08/04/2018

When friends comment on our daughter's wedding, one of the first things they mention is the band. Good Shot Judy was fabulous and set the tone for a wonderful evening. My daughter's 20-something group of friends were skeptical at first when she told them we booked a swing band. They ended up dancing the night away and said it was the best wedding band they'd heard. And our friends, the 50 and 60-something crowd, had a blast dancing instead of having their ears blasted for a change! I wholeheartedly recommend Good Shot Judy for any occasion! Brett, the band's leader, responded quickly to questions and was professional, accommodating and friendly. I know we made the right choice and plan to invite Good Shot Judy to our next daughter's wedding!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Mary Beth · Married on 03/18/2018

Best thing we did was hire gsj!

FREAKING AMAZING. The #1 comment we got from our wedding reception was that the band was AWESOME... and it's true! They're truly incredible. Tons of energy, amazing talent, style to boot. They were so easy to work with, and even learned the songs for our wedding dances (and were cool when we did a last minute switch). I can't say enough good things. I wish I was a guest at our own reception because then we would have been able to really enjoy them even more. Want to do yourself a favor? HIRE GOOD SHOT JUDY!!!!!!!! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!! WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Dana · Married on 03/29/2014

A fantastic swing band!

Good Shot Judy performed at our summer concert series in Reston, VA and were such a hit! Their repertoire includes the classics and contemporary swing, guaranteed to keep the crowd lindy-hopping all night. Musically, they are top notch, and singer Brett Cahoon's velvety vocals are the icing on the cake. And they're such nice, accommodating people; they'll help you customize your event so it's perfect. I highly recommend them.
    Dana Talesnik,
    producer, Reston Concerts on the Town series

Sent on 08/20/2019

Good Shot Judy's reply:

Thanks so much, Dana! We always have such a good time in Reston with you. Every year the guys and I end up talking about your series for weeks after!

Nicki Dydak

Turns a party into an Event Everyone will Remember

I could not be happier with Good Shot Judy. They worked with me planning my music and my day on top of putting on the best live show in Virginia AT LEAST!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Good Shot Judy's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words, Nicki! We had such a blast! The guys and I are still talking about your wedding. One of our favorites to date!