Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club Reviews

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club 6
Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club 7
  • Noelle

Noelle Cusimano · Married on 08/25/2019

All Inclusive and Stress Free!

Golden Ocala is the perfect place is you want an all inclusive wedding. They take care of the food, venue, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and don't over look any details. Any decorations you want on the reception tables or during cocktail hour you just tell them and they will set it up for you. That took off a lot of stress and it was amazing. The location is absolutely stunning and you have so many options to choose for you picture locations. Thank you so much Alisa and Niki for making our special day so stress free and amazing! Because of these two we could enjoy our wedding and being with family and friends!

Sent on 09/16/2019
    Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club 14
    Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club 15

Taylor Stano · Married on 07/20/2019

Not stressful

Alicia and Nikki kept us on schedule throughout our whole wedding planning process and the entire day of the wedding. The venue was absolutely stunning and everything ran smoothly. Food is amazing, servers were amazing, the ballrooms have the perfect amount of space. Highly recommend this place if you are looking for a venue that will do everything for you!!

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany Ramoutar · Married on 06/30/2019

Unforgettable beautiful experience

Golden Ocala was the perfect place to have a wedding. Everything was perfected. The employees were extremely helpful and made everything less stressful. The food was amazing and the place is just gorgeous itself.

Sent on 07/28/2019
    Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club 16

Traci · Married on 12/09/2017

i would like to thank all of the staff who helped us make our special day turn into a wonderful experience. They went above and beyond to make sure that the day was going to be perfect. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone.

Sent on 12/28/2017

Ashley · Married on 11/04/2017

The best day ever! Alisa and Niki were absolutely perfect the day of the wedding and before, as well. I have never been treated with such service before in my life! This staff definitely has the best venue and service in all of Centra florida!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club's reply:

Thank you Ashley!! The day was just beautiful!! It was truly our pleasure working with you and your families! We wish you all the best!

Warmest Regards,
    Alisa

emma · Married on 04/08/2017

I knew from the moment I stepped foot through the door of Golden Ocala that this was my venue.
    I'd spent a lot of time searching venues and going on tours and nothing was cutting it. I was really beginning to think my dream venue was going to be out of budget and I was going to have to settle. Then, I took a chance on a venue that was out of the way and boy was that the best decision I ever made. This place is seriously a hidden gem. From the grand entrance and beautiful tree-lined road to the club house, it definitely packs a punch. Don't even get me started on the chandeliers in the ballroom and the stunning staircase leading down from the balcony. It's classy, elegant and just jaw-dropping. It screams luxury wedding, but doesn't carry that price tag. My guests could NOT stop talking about how gorgeous this place was and how it was one of the most beautiful venues they'd seen!

In addition, to the visuals, the staff at Golden Ocala were amazing and super accommodating. About 6 months out, our point of contact there left and Robert stepped in to take over the arrangements. He helped us navigate planning a destination wedding and was very helpful with timing, addressing concerns etc. Our day-of coordinator Nikki was also incredible. She was so funny and exactly what I needed to keep calm and keep the day moving. She fixed my hair when my comb fell out and messed up my updo. She made sure I had drinks on hand throughout the day and took no sass from my mother and now mother in law when they were getting in the way. The food was delicious. They even made separate dishes for guests with dietary requirements and different dishes for my husband and I without any hesitation.

If I had to do my wedding all over again, I would choose Golden Ocala every time.

Sent on 04/27/2017
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 03/25/2017

I have nothing bad to say about Golden Ocala. We toured the venue about 1.5 years in advance. We were asked if I wanted to book the date and I couldn't commit yet. When we came back, we found out they reserved the date for us because they knew we would come back. I am so glad we did. When we first started, Julianne was our coordinator. I know there are mixed reviews about her but she was very pleasent with us. A few months before our wedding, Julianne stopped working here. I was very impressed at how everyone came together to answer my questions and take care of me. The new coordinator, Alisa, is amazing. She made sure everything went smoothly and was quick to answer all my questions. My day of coordinator, Nikki, is one of the best people I have ever met. She made sure we were happy and well taken care of from the rehearsal to the day after. She was so attentive and made sure everything was how we wanted it. The rehearsal dinner was at the spa and was perfect. The wedding itself was gorgeous. The garden was set up to perfection. Everyone raved about the food and how beautiful the venue was. I couldn't have been more happy with everything. They made sure it was the vision I had and were so accommodating. If I could do it all again, I would definitely stay at Golden Ocala.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Gabrielle · Married on 10/15/2016

Where do I even begin. From the very first moment my husband and I had walked into Golden Ocala, we knew off the bat this is where we were getting married. Between the several beautiful places to have the ceremony and also the options to have the reception, we were head over heels. The grounds are beautiful and the workers are extremely helpful. The food was so on point that I received many compliments about it. Everything was absolutely perfect. Julianne, who is amazing, seriously helped me since the moment we met her to the very next morning after the wedding. She was so patient and understanding and worked with us the whole time. She made sure my day-of ran as smoothly as possible and it did!! I love Julianne and again want to thank her so much for helping my day come true!!!!! We highly recommend Golden Ocala with Julianne as your wedding planner!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Tiffany · Married on 07/16/2016

I can truthfully say that Julianne and her team made our wedding! I could not have done it without her help. She was there every step of the way and such a pleasure to work with! Her recommendations on vendors gave us the wedding day dream team. Words cannot thank her enough for everything. Golden Ocala is a 5 star venue for a wedding. We first had our hearts set on a wedding in the garden but changed day of to the portico because of weather and I am SO happy we did - it was even more gorgeous than I could have even imagined. If you are even remotely considering Golden Ocala, schedule a meeting with Julianne and I promise you, you will not be disappointed! Chef created the most wonderful cocktail hour and reception food. It truly was a dream!

Sent on 08/11/2016

Janice · Married on 06/04/2016

Everything about our wedding was absolutely perfect, because Julianne truly took such great care of us we did not have anything to stress about! The Venue was breathtaking and our wedding has been the talk of the town because of how nicely it we put together!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Nancy · Married on 04/23/2016

Making the decision of where to declare your never ending love is difficult but it doesn't have to be. If you choose to go with Golden Ocala and Julianne, you are almost done with this aspect of the planning. There is very little else to decide regarding venues. Julianne and her staff were professional, accommodating, knowledgeable, and friendly. The grounds are picturesque and the clubhouse is gorgeous from the portico to the ballroom to the veranda. I cannot say enough great things about Julianne and Golden Ocala. Brad and Courtney's special day was everything they wanted and more. Cheers!

Sent on 01/09/2017

I looked for months at different venues and never was satisfied with the options... until I came to Golden Ocala. I fell in love instantly and knew that no matter what, this is where I wanted to get married. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out how reasonably priced they are! I felt like I was given much more than what I paid for throughout the entire wedding planning experience. I had many meetings with the coordinator, Julianne, who was so willing to help us and accommodate to our needs. They provided an entire meal for the food tasting which was some of the best food that I have had. The venue itself is so gorgeous and well-kept that I found that I did not need as many additional decorations as I might need at other places. We had plenty of spaces and rooms available to us so that the bridal party was able to get ready in our own little areas of the building. On my wedding day, I had the coordinator, a personal attendant, and several other people by my side for the entire day. Everything went so smoothly and I was able to sit back and enjoy the events. Everyone was so professional and impressive throughout the night and completely wowed my guests. I wouldn't have chosen any other place to have my wedding. It was truly magical at Golden Ocala thanks to all the amazing staff!

Sent on 10/02/2015

Gregory & Jeanine · Married on 04/10/2016

As a minister for over 30 years, I have conducted and attended numerous weddings. Yet, I can truly say that nothing has come close to the superlative experience we enjoyed at Golden Ocala for the marriage of our son and his bride. We were captivated immediately by the exquisite natural beauty of the grounds and surroundings, matched with grand facilities to create a one-of-a-kind venue. Julianne Cuomo’s grace, warmth and thorough professionalism was a joy. She and her staff handled the myriad details with patience, flexibility, and expertise, and the responsiveness to our needs was so reassuring. We chose the option of selecting Julianne as our personal wedding coordinator. Her creative suggestions and guidance helped us immensely. A wide range of fabulous gourmet food was available for creating our reception menu, which we sampled at our private food-tasting. A delightful pool-side brunch with family preceded our rehearsal, where Julianne’s experienced leadership helped all participants be at ease with their parts of the service. The ceremony itself was held in the immaculate garden, with our bride descending the stairs like royalty. A cocktail reception on the broad veranda (with signature drinks and appetizers) was followed by a glittering reception under the lights of the gorgeous ballroom chandeliers, featuring sumptuous food served with impeccable attention to detail. A sparkler send-off for the happy couple through the porte-cochere brought a glowing finale to our evening (this area also serves as an ideal rain-out option). We have received countless rave reviews from family and guests. In short, we could not be more pleased with the Golden Ocala experience, exceeding our fondest expectations. Special thanks to Julianne, Greg, Erin, and staff–you created truly “golden” memories we will treasure for a lifetime. I cannot encourage readers enough to contact Golden Ocala–they offer the “total package” of quality and value that can't be matched.

Sent on 04/14/2016

From the moment we stepped on the property to well after our event we experienced an unparalleled level of friendliness and professionalism from all of Golden's staff. This was a time period of about 14 months. There are no words that can do justice to our happiness with my daughters wedding. We were welcomed for our bridal shoot, countless planning visits, the rehearsal dinner, the wedding itself and post wedding pick ups of personal items. They were very flexible and accommodating with every request. Julianne's knowledge and experience brought the peace of mind you need with an event that requires so much detail. As mother of the bride I literally didn't worry about anything on our day. The food was delicious! Many guests commented on the freshness and quality of the food. Thank you Julianne and all of Golden Ocala for everything!

Sent on 04/08/2016

Angela · Married on 04/01/2016

I just wanted to take a moment and leave some feedback regarding our wedding that was held at the Golden O'Cala on 4/1/2016, it was simply beautiful. The grounds were gorgeous, the food was cooked to perfection, and Julianne Cuomo was simply amazing to work with. I highly recommend this location for a wedding and I highly recommend Julianne and her 'A' team as she calls it. She has a list of vendors who know the area and have worked there multiple times. Very professional.

Sent on 04/03/2016

My husband and I married here on March 4, 2016!
    After comparing prices, it truly was the best option - minimal decorating needed due to how beautiful it already in , included all food and drink costs, plus cocktail hour, appetizers, linens, silverware/ dining necessities... I can't even count how many times people have stressed that this was the best food they've ever had at any wedding! All the staff went above and beyond for any/everything. The option to have a wedding coordinator, Julianne Cuomo, was absolutely great and she was absolutely amazing! I highly recommend this option for a huge amount of stress to be lifted off your shoulders on your day. Not a single guest went without commenting on how beautiful it was there and stressing what a wonderful time they had.

Sent on 03/08/2016

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club's reply:

Thank you Katie! I had the time of my life at your wedding, watching you, Keith and your amazing children unite as a family! It was a sincere pleasure working with you in the creation of your dream wedding day. It is people like you that make me so passionate about what I do... You are so fun and easy-going, making my job so very enjoyable! Have fun settling in for a long and happy life with your new, amazing "family"!!! Love you guys ~ Julianne
  • O

Oscar · Married on 01/17/2016

Dear Julianne Cuomo,

Thank you so much for organizing such successful catering and planning arrangements for my daughter's wedding. The day went very smoothly and everything was organized down to the minutest detail. It was done very thoroughly and expertly. Your meticulous planning paid off and ensured the event progressed seamlessly. Thank you for the excellent meal; it was thoroughly enjoyed by our guest. Your staff members were attentive and efficient, the service was discreet and professional and the quality of food excellent. When Duane and Jennibelle left the venues, they were surprised with items from the wedding. What a wonderful gesture from your staff.

We cannot thank you enough for all your help and thoughtfulness during this stressful time and the organization on the day was superbly carried out. We have had nothing but compliments on the food, service and arrangements from all our friends. In light of this, please accept our sincere thanks and gratitude for such a professionally arranged day! We would have no hesitation in using your services again should the opportunity arise.

Yours Sincerely,

Oscar & Annabelle Gonzalez

Sent on 01/20/2016

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club's reply:

Thank you so very much Oscar! You were more than a pleasure to work with… your attention to detail and most sincere concern for the perfect outcome of your daughter’s wedding touched my heart, and honestly pushed me to work harder, striving for absolute perfection! Because people like you, and especially Jennibelle, deserve nothing less! I will remember you and your beautiful family always…and will secretly hope that all of my future brides and their families are as wonderful as you are!

Warmest regards,

~ Julianne

Kim · Married on 01/02/2016

Julianne Cuomo is one of the single most professional, accommodating, and genuine people I've had the pleasure to work with in my career. Planning a wedding is without question, stressful. Julianne's calm demeanor, coupled with the expertise with which she guided us through the entire planning process and the day of helped make this day so special for my daughter and new son- in-law. She managed to do all of this in the face of our florist and decorator, showing up 2 hours late for setup; thereby, creating a fire drill for everyone. In addition, we planned an outdoor ceremony and the weather was questionable but ultimately came through for a beautiful ceremony. In the meantime, Julianne expertly dealt with reluctant guests and guided everyone to their seats. She calmly directed everything and never lost her cool.

I recommend her highly to anyone who is looking for a beautiful venue and the ultimate professional planner for your wedding!

Sent on 01/09/2016

Kathi · Married on 11/14/2015

Golden Ocala was the perfect place to host our daughter's wedding! With magnificent views and a beautiful ballroom, our daughter's vision of her wedding day could be fulfilled. The breathtaking view from the garden (where the wedding was to take place), of the staircase where her Dad would one day walk her down the aisle, made it an easy decision to make this our venue! Not to mention the price was within the budget, as Golden Ocala offered much more in their price than most venues we had previously visited.
    Most of all, her wedding day could not have been so wonderful without the expertise of event coordinator, Julianne Cuomo and her staff. From the initial consultation to the wedding day, Julianne was attentive to our every need. Her knowledge and quick response to our phone calls and emails made this portion of the planning very easy, as we had chose a venue that was almost 2 hours away. She was there for us every step of the way!
    The chef at Golden Ocala is brilliant as he prepared a spectacular dinner for both the wedding and rehearsal. We chose prime rib and chicken marsala for our entrees and it was simply delicious. Not to mention the fantastic veal chop we had the night before for the rehearsal. The entire weekend the food was something to remember.
    Choosing Golden Ocala Golf and Equestrian Center for our daughter's big day was perfect! We cannot be more thankful to Julianne and her wonderful staff for making our daughter's wedding day a dream come true.

Sent on 11/29/2015

Absolutely Perfect! Choosing this venue was a no-brainier. We were offered $100 per person and that included the ceremony and reception area, chairs, tables, tablecloths, dinnerware, and food. The venue was ours the whole day if we wanted it. I got there at 10am and could have stayed until 11pm if we wanted. Anywhere else in the central FL area could only offer us 4hrs for twice the price and no food included. This is truly a hidden gem. Our guests traveled as much as 2hrs to get there and they all said it was worth it!

The venue is breathtaking and the staff is just incredible. Julianne especially helped me all the way, from the initial walk through to the day of coordinating. She is prompt in responding to emails and calls and was always willing to answer any questions I had no matter how small or crazy. She has the patience of an angel. I definitely recommend using her as the coordinator for your wedding day, there can't possibly be anyone better.

To me the most important part of a wedding is the food because food brings family and friends together. There was not a single person who did not enjoy every item on the menu. We had crab cakes and chicken wellingtons as appetizers, prime rib and salmon in a lobster sauce as the entree with garlic mashed potatoes and a vegetable rice as well as asparagus and carrots in a spice sweet sauce. Spectacular! You cannot go wrong with any of their choices, and that was proven to us since the food tasting.

Honestly I can write all day about how wonderful this venue and the workers are but I doubt anyone has the time to read it. Do yourself a favor and at least meet with Julianne and take a tour of the venue because it is truly a dream come true.

Sent on 11/07/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 10/11/2015

Julianne and her staff were absolutely amazing! We had our ceremony and reception there and we are still receiving compliments about our choice in venue. We used the whole day to get ready and it was a great experience being able to see the ballroom transform for our event. The ease of a "one price for everything" made it very easy to budget our expenses. Julianne worked amazingly well with all my other vendors and she was quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had, no matter how trivial it might have been. I was able to experience and appreciate our wedding day and I am truly thankful for a stress free experience.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Liz! I am pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations in the creation and execution of your Dream Wedding! It was a true pleasure being a part of your special day! I wish you both a very happy and healthy life together! ~ Julianne

Ginny · Married on 08/08/2015

My daughter got married this past August and it was wonderful. Julianne and Erin made the day effortless and stress free for me and my daughter. We felt like royalty and we received so many compliments on the whole event. I cannot think of one thing that we would of changed or were disappointed. Julianne thought of every detail down to covering a road sign to make sure it did not show up in the photos. I would highly recommen this venue to anyone. The whole experience was outstanding the food was delicious love the private taste testing. One happy bride and Momma. Plus the staff was so courteous and very professional. TOP NOTCH.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Mollie · Married on 04/10/2015

My husband and I cannot even put into words how wonderful our wedding was at Golden Ocala Golf and Equestrian Club. Not only was the ceremony location breathtaking, making our photos stunning, but the staff was more than accommodating. Julianne was our hero time and time again, making what could have been stressful wedding planning into something fun. She always seemed to be a step ahead of us, making our jobs easy! The fact that everything was included in one price made budgeting a breeze. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue and planner to any couple that wants to have the wedding of their dreams. I know that for us, our dreams came true!

Sent on 09/17/2015

James · Married on 03/15/2015

We are both busy professionals and we had guests coming in from all over the globe. Julianne and her team made planning the wedding almost effortless. She helped guide us through the process incorporating every element of the bride's vision. From the location of the ceremony to the food tasting, the journey was fun and stress free.

The venue itself is absolutely breathtaking and a perfect backdrop for such a joyous day. Julianne coordinated both the rehearsal and the wedding, ensuring that we all hit our marks. The food and celebrations were also amazing, topping off an incredible day.

I cannot recommend Julianne and her team highly enough for any celebration worthy of such a beautiful setting. 100% satisfaction from these newlyweds!

Sent on 03/19/2015

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club's reply:

Awe James... Thank you so much! I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed working with the two of you. You made my job very easy, and I had so much fun at our planning meetings. I wish you and Rebecca a lifetime of happiness together - you are such a beautiful couple! Please stay in touch! ~ Julianne

Jeremy · Married on 02/21/2015

My wife and I began looking at venues last October in the Ocala and Gainesville area. After viewing the Golden Ocala Facility and all they had to offer I thought it was going to be very hard to beat but we looked at a number of other venues before making our decision. Turns out I was right. The Golden Ocala facility is beautiful and top notch. We had guests from Maine, Ohio, Georgia, and Indiana and several guests commented that this was the nicest reception location they had ever been to. Thanks to Julianne, our wedding coordinator, the event was excellent! Everything ran smoothly and Julianne provided top notch recommendations and feedback throughout the course of both the planning stage and the wedding itself. This was a great experience from the beginning to the end and neither my wife nor I could be happier on how this event turned out.

If you are looking for a place to have your wedding I wouldn't consider anything else in the area because you have already found the best location.

Sent on 03/05/2015

Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club's reply:

Jeremy... I am so happy that we were successful at creating your dream wedding. It was a sincere pleasure working with you and Jackie. You are a beautiful couple, and so wonderful to work with! I wish you a lifetime of health and happiness! ~ Julianne