Golden Hour Studios Reviews

Golden Hour Studios 5
  • Jared

Jared · Married on 04/28/2019

Amazing, Personal Photographs

We are absolutely over the moon about Jesse! He was recommended by friends who used him for their wedding and he may have been the best decision we made throughout the entire wedding planning process!

From the moment we first met Jesse he made us feel comfortable and at ease, and it shows in his pictures. They are absolutely gorgeous, and what we really love is how candid and real they feel. We weren't interested in overly staged photos and neither is Jesse, he works really hard to capture the little moments that tell the story of the big day. Our engagement pictures turned out absolutely gorgeous and the previews we've seen of our wedding day look just as good; we can't wait for the full set!

Jesse is worth every penny. His pictures are gorgeous, they don't feel cookie cutter or staged, and most importantly they capture the spirit of us. He is great at giving you little pointers to help the day/shoot go more smoothly, and his calm demeanor and easygoing attitude is great for defusing any stress you might feel.

We cannot recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 05/08/2019
    Golden Hour Studios 6
    Golden Hour Studios 7
    Golden Hour Studios 8
  • Anabel

Anabel · Married on 10/18/2018

Incredible.

Don't think about it twice, because Jesse is excellent! He is professional, patient, diligent, fun, makes every effort to understand your specifications and really gets to know you.

From our engagement session to our wedding, Jesse eased our nerves and made us feel comfortable. Jesse felt like family when we worked together. Your memories will be in good hands!

Thank YOU Jesse!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2017

Not totally sure where to begin, but let’s just say Jesse is a master of his craft, and is simply an amazing photographer.

I found out about Jesse after one of my friends posted her engagement photos - they were breathtaking. Then I also noticed his photos were on a comedian’s Instagram whom I follow - John Mulaney. I knew he was our guy before even meeting him. I reached out to him to strictly do our engagement shoot first, and it was perfect. We wanted a winter, snowy shoot and he worked us on the timing and location. He made it so easy! Jesse’s style is effortless and he makes you feel extremely comfortable in front of the camera.

We had an amazing session and after getting our photos back (he doesn’t hold any photo back, FYI - they are all yours) we told him we wanted to book him for our wedding and as soon as we had the date, we secured him. For nearly a year and a half, we had him booked because we didn’t want to lose him!

Over that time, we communicated on timelines of the day, recommendations on various things, and technical details. He didn’t leave any thought unsaid and it made for a day that flowed and provided us everything we would ever want!

On our wedding day, Jesse was as professional as they come. You barely knew he was there when we were getting ready, and worked well with all the different personality types in our bridal party. We adventured through town and found some incredible places to shoot! And through our ceremony and reception, he was there for all the right moments, showed discretion where necessary, and blended right in to the fold.

Without a doubt, Jesse was by far our golden snitch of vendors, and we are so fortunate to have had the chance to work with him and recommend him to all!

Sent on 11/05/2017
    Golden Hour Studios 9
    Golden Hour Studios 10

Stephanie · Married on 10/22/2016

We got married this past August 13th, engagement photos were last fall. Jesse is beyond talented and we are so happy we chose him for our engagement and wedding photography. He's not about using props or cheesy poses, which we loved, because neither are we! He gets into the moment and gets some amazing shots that really illustrate and recreate the day. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture our wedding day!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Kari · Married on 10/15/2016

Jessie is a real pro, and everything you want in a wedding photographer. On the day we felt extremely comfortable working with him, and he added a great vibe to the whole process. Our family and friends loved him, he stayed invisible during the ceremony yet captured every moment perfectly, and during our portraits he offered direction when needed but otherwise kept the mood very relaxed. His photos speak for themselves. Hire him and don’t look back.

Sent on 01/07/2017

Meg · Married on 09/18/2016

Jesse shot our wedding solo, and somehow managed to be everywhere at once the entire day! He was warm and friendly to all of our family and friends; his great personality and sense of humor had everyone at ease from getting ready, to the first look, to family photos, to the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, all night long. Our family couldn't stop telling us throughout the day what a great guy Jesse is, and how comfortable he made them feel.

It rained the morning of our wedding day, and I'll be forever thankful to Jesse for convincing us to take the tent down when the sun started peeking out right before our ceremony. (Aside from my own husband, I've never trusted a guy more!)

Jesse got the photos to us amazingly fast, and we decided to have a little "viewing party" with our immediate family. Even though we knew he'd be fantastic, his work just BLEW US AWAY. The photos took us on an emotional journey, telling the story of our wedding in the most beautiful way. As we were going through the photos, there was laughter, there were tears, there were exclamations of "how did he get that shot?" and "wow, I didn't even know he was there!" -- and there were sequences where we just sat there in complete silence, in utter awe at what we were viewing on the screen.

These photos are truly works of art, treasures of captured memories to cherish forever. There are no words to describe how grateful we are to Golden Hour Studios for making our wedding day nothing less than absolutely perfect.

Sent on 11/06/2016

maria · Married on 01/24/2015

Our wedding was January 24, 2015 and we had the pleasure of having Jesse as our photographer. When we first got engaged and started to look for our wedding photographer, my husband and I really didn't want anything to do with those typical cheesy poses that so many people have for their wedding photos. We wanted someone who would make us feel comfortable just being us and someone who would capture every amazing moment that happened on the day of... and Jesse was beyond that!
    He and his assistant got to our houses an hour and a half before we left for the church. Within that time, I was the most calm, excited and so ready to walk down that aisle, and that was partially due to how awesome Jesse was!
    We had a wedding of 300 guests which included 13 bridesmaids 13 groomsman 7 kids (just in the bridal party!) and of course our parents.. so at times things got a bit hectic! But throughout the whole day/night, Jesse and his assistant kept everyone's attention and was able to get every different set of photos we wanted (plus more) done before cocktail hour! Also- My husband and I really wanted some photos of us outside... It was raining, snowing and freezing that night but we really didn't care.. neither did these guys! They even brought an umbrella for us to use! After every photo they encouraged us even more... which not only made us feel more comfortable but also made us totally forget that we were in the middle of a snowy golf course in the rain at night!
    They were so professional yet we felt like they were some of our closest friends! I cannot recommend Golden Hour Studios enough! We don't even have our photos yet but i have no doubt that they are going to be perfect. Jesse also did our engagement session back in May and the photos don't even look real! They are the most beautiful images I have ever seen.. it's like art! If you want a photographer who will literally go above and beyond to capture the most perfect moments of your special day.. here he is! xox

Sent on 02/18/2015
  • Barbara

Barbara · Married on 09/13/2014

Do yourself a favor and hire Golden Hour Studios!

First, the boring stuff: From beginning to end, working with Jesse was an entirely stress-free experience. He is a real-deal professional—always gets back to emails right away, was never late for appointments, and had our photos back to us when he said he would. This all probably sounds like common sense, but once you get a little further into wedding planning, you will come to realize that any vendor that doesn’t cause you angina at least once during the process is a real rarity. I am so grateful to Jesse for giving me complete confidence that our memories would be safely captured and preserved.

Now, the exciting stuff: Jesse takes remarkably beautiful and special pictures. You’ve probably seen his webpage, and already know this. But maybe you’re wondering if all of the photos he is going to give you are of similar quality, and I can tell you “Yes!” For our smallish wedding, Jesse gave us a ton of pictures, all as beautiful as what you see on his webpage, and nothing redundant—I never get bored looking at my wedding pictures. On top of that, Jesse knows his way around a wedding—you won’t have to provide him with a crazy long list of shots. We gave him a short list of “must-have” pictures, but otherwise his judgement about pictures we’d like to have was spot-on. The locations he suggested for our photos were also great, and he did such an amazing job of capturing not just us, but the nature around us.

Finally, the the icing on top: Jesse is super nice and easy going—I think it is safe to say that most people aren’t used to having a professional photographer follow them around for hours, but he made it so easy and awkward-free. He won’t ask you to pose most of the time, but when he does, he’ll give clear instructions and he doesn’t get frustrated or impatient.

I genuinely feel lucky to have had Golden Hour Studios shoot my wedding, and I'd pick them again a million times over!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Jacqueline · Married on 08/30/2014

We are so thrilled to have found Jesse from Golden Hour Studios. He made the day totally fun and comfortable, and rolled with whatever we asked him to do. We never got engagement photos done and neither of us have ever been part of a photo shoot of any kind, so we had no idea what to expect, but he made us enjoy every second and provided gentle guidance when needed. He was flexible and creative with the portraits, and he and his second shooter were very patient with dealing with our rowdy wedding party. Later in the night when everyone was dancing, we never even noticed the photographers were there until we would hear a click here and there. He then saw I had changed my photos on Facebook 1 day later to a picture taken by a friend, and graciously sent 2 of the edited pro shots so I could use then. All in all, GHS is a gem and I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 09/05/2014

Mandi · Married on 06/14/2014

I honestly didn't even know where to begin.... Jesse is the best! If you're looking for the best, put your faith is Jesse, I promise he won't disappoint! My wife and I used him for both our engagement photos and our wedding. He is extremely professional and talented. We are so grateful we found him to capture our special day!!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Jesse is such a fantastic photographer, it is an HONOR he does weddings!!!! Him and his team capture every single moment, moments that you would miss if he wasn't watching....Most importantly, he has FUN with it. They also never make your guests uncomfortable. The accommodate every single request you have--like mine--I didn't want to miss my cocktail hour, GUESS WHAT? I didn't! I was there enjoying every moment yet I was confident all my photos were taken care of.

You can tell this is his true passion and his teams true passion. They want to be there, making your wedding vision become a reality. Thank you GOLDEN HOUR!!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Erin · Married on 01/04/2014

We just received our pictures and there are no words. Having met us only once before, and reassured us via email throughout the planning process, Jesse managed to truly capture our values and priorities of our day. Jesse (and Brian) captured moments we could never recapture and moments people, otherwise, would never have known they even shared. They captured euphoric joy and love- likely easily forgotten amongst the chaos of the day and most definitely easy to forget as life returns to "normalcy" and routine. It's amazing.

What's more amazing is that, in our search for a "unconventional photographer", we think we found two more phenomenal people we consider "friends"- ironically enough, our "theme" for the day and hopefully our life together :)
    We are grateful for the chance to be a part of Jesse's artistry and passion and warmly welcome the chance to, when struggling in marital strife, be reminded of the beautiful, rare, sacred and inspiration moments and reminders of love and happiness Jesse (& Brian) collected... reminding us why we did it all in the first place.

In all of his work, ours included, Jesse reminds people of what is good and joyous and true, and worth searching for- and fighting for. He reminds people of beauty and, amazingly, of self worth. He reminds people of friendship at its core. He adds beauty and takes beauty from the day in ways you'll never expect. And you'll be lucky to have had the pleasure.

Sent on 03/04/2014

Jesse's craft with a camera speaks for itself, and his talent is equally matched by his ability to balance professionalism and personal consideration for every couple. The task of finding a talented, thoughtful, unique wedding photographer is abysmal; for us, it was so bad it lead to a bleak Google Image search: "rustic wedding photography"; but the infinite results were worth the dredging -- we found Jesse. The photos couldn't be more sweet and sentimental - as evidence by each album on his site - and we were delighted to share the day with him.

Sent on 12/04/2013

Emily · Married on 06/29/2013

We were so lucky to find Jesse at Golden Hour Studios. He was INCREDIBLE. The photos are just beautiful and and the entire experience was amazing. Jesse was so accommodating and he really knows how to capture the spirit of the event. My husband and I had a wonderful time at our wedding, but we both agreed that our favorite part was taking photos all around the little town we were married in before the ceremony. It was so fun and Jesse made the entire experience perfect. I felt like a rock star. Jesse is a stand up guy and one hell of a photographer.

Sent on 08/28/2014

Malena · Married on 05/04/2013

My fiancé and I knew we wanted a simple, intimate wedding. Despite its simplicity, we also knew we wanted to invest in a good photographer who could capture our love for each other, as well as our love for the outdoors. The trick would be finding someone whose work was amazing, but would also be game to spend a few hours traipsing through the woods with us. I spent days scouring (no, really... I'm picky) the Internet for the perfect person until I found Jesse Pafundi of Golden Hour Studios. I knew right away that he was our guy, and was ecstatic when he agreed to be a part of our day. He was as excited as we were to explore the trails, looking for amazing shots. Jesse's top priority is creating art and I couldn't be happier with our photographs. Every single person that has seen our pictures says, "I can't pick my favorite! They're just all so beautiful." What more could you ask for? I hope to use Jesse to capture any and all important moments in our new life together.

Sent on 09/01/2013

If I could give him a 10 I would! He was great in every aspect, answered every single one of my inquiries and was so easy to work with. My husband hired him to capture our proposal, and we then booked him for engagement and wedding shots. All of our emotions were captured in every picture we received from him. He went above and beyond on our wedding day and our pictures came out amazing.

Sent on 10/28/2013