Golden Glow Ballroom Reviews

81 | Saginaw, MI

81 Reviews for Golden Glow Ballroom

Kayla · Married on 07/18/2020

Fabulous A+++

Golden glow was so great, they did what we asked and went above and beyond to help in more ways than ever imagined at our outside wedding. From serving and pouring champagne and bar tending to picking all the garbage and trash up. Everyone one was so helpful and very kind. There service grade A.

Sent on 07/30/2020

Savannah · Married on 05/16/2020

Absolutely amazing!!!

The Golden Glow not only was so accommodating, with the pandemic going on, they were so easy to work with with switching everything over, and everyone was so nice!!! I hope everyone chooses this place to have the best day of their life! Thank you GG for making the best day of my life happy!!!

Sent on 06/27/2020
  • Tobe

Tobe · Married on 03/08/2020

Great service

I completely recommend Golden Glow Ballroom for any occasion. They are very professional and have a ton of amazing food selections to choose from. Jessica our wedding coordinator was the BEST and made sure that every detail of our wedding day was perfect. If you're looking for a venue that is cost effective then Golden Glow Ballroom is the way to go.

Sent on 05/14/2020
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 10/18/2019

Beautiful venue

I could not say enough good things about Golden Glow! Jessica, the coordinator, was amazing from start to finish. She was available at any time for questions and last minute changes. Golden Glow is beautiful, the food is amazing, and the cake was amazing! Jessica made everything stress free and made my experience amazing.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Ashley Blodgett · Married on 10/12/2019

Above and beyo d

I had an issue with my photographer and the staff and the Golden Glow went above and beyond to help me in my time of need. That coupled with their exceptional customer service makes them a slam dunk for any event I might hold In the future. The food was amazing also!

Sent on 02/08/2020

Melanie derosa · Married on 09/22/2019

Exceeded Expectations

Jessica and everyone at the Golden Glow truly exceeded all of our expectations, they made everything so easy and stress free. The venue was beautiful, the food was amazing, and the staff took such great care of everyone. I could not have asked for a more perfect day.

Sent on 01/31/2020

Golden Glow Ballroom's reply:

Thank you so much, Melanie for your kind words! We wish you and Curt all the best! It was a true pleasure to be a part of your special day!

Patty · Married on 09/14/2019

The service on every angle was awesome. I have only good things to say about everyone employed and for the services offered. Jessica and Maria were very helpful and professional. Food was awesome. Decorations were on point. Everything that I have ever wanted in my wedding.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Tanesha Young · Married on 09/14/2019

Wonderful.

Everything was perfect. Services, food venue. Everyone was super nice & helpful. Made wedding planning so easy for us.

Sent on 09/20/2019

Joy · Married on 09/14/2019

Everything you need for the perfect day

The staff at golden glow was fantastic, everyone was helpful and answered any questions I had. Even the staff at the reception was exceptional! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a "one stop shop," as they took care of everything for us; dj, cake, photographer, and the majority of decorations.

Sent on 10/10/2019

Tiffany Beckmann · Married on 08/24/2019

Perfect!!!

The Glow was absolutely amazing!! Chef Maria and Jessica were very friendly and easy to work with. They answered all of my questions very timely. Chef was able to create a delicious gluten free dinner roll and crisp for us. The service staff were very polite. The food was absolutely delicious and was EXACTLY what we ordered. My wife wanted salmon and Chef prepared a single piece of salmon with a delicious pear apple cherry compote on top. We had a full service buffet setup under a tent in a backyard, and The Glow team knocked it out of the park. I ABSOLUTELY recommend them for any and all services needed for a wedding or any type of event.

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Tashia

Tashia Evans · Married on 08/24/2019

Offsite catering

Planning was perfect, Food was delicious and the staff was professional.

Sent on 09/07/2019

Renee Gagnon · Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing experience

The golden glow was better than I ever expected a venue to be! Jessica is an absolute amazing person and is always there when you need her. They make you feel so special and cater to any of your needs. Absolutely gorgeous venue and even better people!

Sent on 08/30/2019

Emily · Married on 08/09/2019

Golden Glow is Amazing!!

Golden glow and all staff went above and beyond for us and our guests!! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Chala

Chala · Married on 07/21/2019

The best day ever!!!!

The stuff were great and so accommodating with any and everything we needed

Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Treib · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing venue and customer service!!

I had nothing but a positive experience with Golden Glow. First off Jessica and Mia were the nicest and most helpful ladies I have ever met. Jessica is well organized and ALWAYS made time for questions no matter the time of day. You can tell she loves her job and connecting with each bride who comes in. The day of the wedding I was understandably nervous but she was with me all day and night and reassured me that everything would be great. My wedding was everything I wanted it to be and more. To say the venue and service was perfect would be an understatement. We had our ceremony out in the beautiful garden and reception in Ballroom A. The bridesmaids and myself were able to get ready the morning of in the foreman room, which made it easy for me to direction set up while I was getting hair and make up. I could go on and on about my terrific experience but you just have to take my word that this is the place you need to have your wedding! You cannot beat the price for everything that is included with the venue. It really is a one stop shop. I plan on having my baby shower here as well and want Mia to make my cake. She is very talented and can do any dessert you want and any cake design as well. Just bring in a picture! Thank you Golden Glow for making our wedding one to remember! My guests raved about the food and said it was the best wedding they had been to in a long time. Could not have done it without Jessica. Please give her a raise.

Sent on 07/10/2019

Nicole · Married on 04/13/2019

Would 110% recommend to anyone! Budget wedding!

When I first found this venue after attending a bridal show they were out of my price range using the online calculator. I was contacted by a coordinator telling me that they could work with my budget, even though it was about half of the estimated cost online. I thought, okay I'll go see what they can offer for a $3,000 TOTAL wedding budget. To my surprise, they customized an entire food menu, drink menu and gave me the best time of year to have a low cost wedding. They helped me pick a Friday in April, with doing so, my wedding looked elegant and people can't believe the entire thing (minus attire, DJ, Photographer, make-up, cake) cost about $3,500! Fortunately as the year went by we were able to expand our budget some and added on a few things. I literally did no work at all! They set everything up and took care of everything after! They followed every request I had.. I wanted to do the first dance before dinner, so they moved the buffet line from their typical space to make it happen, they hauled my cake to the dance floor for cutting, they let us come late the day before to do rehearsal after everyone got out of work and provided an amazing rehearsal dinner (pizza buffet-super affordable and it was a huge hit, plus the convenience of having it all right there was AMAZING; they also recommended that to me!), I had requests so little that could've easily got forgotten.. like folding the napkins a completely different way, certain table cloth colors, different spots for typical things.. they remembered EVERYTHING! If something went wrong on my wedding day, I literally have no idea! They handled every single thing and I just showed up. No family was stuck setting up or cleaning up which was super important to me as my mom would've never relaxed. Everyone loved the food and the mixed drink, sweettart, we opted for with beer and wine rather than an open bar, was a huge hit with everyone (I was 6 weeks pregnant so I wasn't able to try it).

I would 110% recommend Golden Glow to anyone! The comfort I felt walking in to my wedding day knowing everything was taken care of was such a relief that was indescribable. I wish I had any other reason to use their venue for hosting (I already had a baby shower a few years ago, or it would definitely be there too!)! Oh, and Jessica literally became like a bff for me! She answered me anytime of day or night and reassured me anytime I had concerns. She is literally a huge asset to the Golden Glow!!

Picture Credit: Jenni Hecht with The Focused Soul photography from Sturgis Michigan

Sent on 05/01/2019

Jamie · Married on 03/01/2019

Hall Wedding

I don’t think we could have picked a better place to have our wedding. First of all Jessica is amazing! From the moment I met her, I knew that was where I wanted to have my wedding. She ensured that I had no worries with me wedding from start to finish, she is absolutely the sweetest woman with the kindest heart. Maria made the best tasting food possible, everyone complimented the food and we have some people in our families that REALLY love their food! The bartenders and the staff cleaning up.... everyone was great and friendly and it was all around a great experience. Courtney ran through our rehearsal with us a number of times to make sure we had it had it perfect since we had a friend marrying us. I highly recommend anyone to use the Golden Glow, they will treat you like family. They are truly a class act venue.

Sent on 03/06/2019

Jennifer Doepker · Married on 01/10/2019

Wedding reception

The staff is lovely to work with, the food is amazing and chef Maria is more then accommodating.

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 11/03/2018

Elegant and Full-Service Ballroom

The Golden Glow and their entire staff made my night perfect. All of my guests were wonderfully fed, the bar service was quick, and the decor was on point! They have many different tiers of food and beverage packages to choose from, so they are literally the venue for any budget! The vendors they work with give you SO many options for linens and decor. The baker and chef, Mia, is so skilled! Our multiple cakes were amazing, both visually and taste-wise! All of the food she prepared was amazing, my husband even asked if we could have Golden Glow remake the food for our first anniversary next year! This venue will be as involved as you want them. If you want them to plan your day, they are knowledgeable enough to do it and do it perfectly. They are also capable of taking your vision and making every little detail come to life! I am so happy this venue also offers itself for every other party you ever want to host in the future!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2018

Words can not express how much we loved having or wedding at Golden Glow! They are all simply amazing!! From paying attention to every detail to making sure everyone was taken care of. From the first time we meet everyone there we knew we just had to have our wedding there and fell in love with the venue and everyone who worked there. Seriously can not thank you enough for all that you did to make sure our day was simply amazing. You not only took care of the bride and groom but also every guest that was there and everyone can not stop raving about you all. You will be my first venue I recommend to everyone!! Thank you again

Sent on 10/08/2018

Jacquelyn · Married on 09/29/2018

They made our dreams come true

I absolutely loved working with Jessica and the rest of the Golden Glow staff. They were so helpful and always so positive. No matter what kind of question we had, they had a quick answer and were willing to work with us on everything. They made process leading up to the wedding incredibly easy and the ceremony and reception were perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

Sent on 10/18/2018

China · Married on 09/28/2018

My experience was amazing. Jessica along with the Golden Glow staff go above and beyond for clientele.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Stephanie · Married on 09/22/2018

Jessica and the entire staff was amazing!! Jessica was super amazing! She answered all my stupid questions without making me feel like they were stupid! She was a great support!!

Would recommend a blind(or something) for the window in ballroom B. I am not complaining about the sun though!

Everything was perfect and I would recommend Jessica and Golden Glow to anyone and everyone!

Thank you!!!!!

Sent on 09/24/2018
  • Katy

Katy · Married on 09/21/2018

The whole team was AMAZING! I had nothing to worry about and I could focus on enjoying my day! I couldn't ask for a better team from planning, to food, to sweets, etc. you name it they did it!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Amber · Married on 09/16/2018

Hands down the best people and place to do business with! I recommend to everyone who I see is newly engaged!

Sent on 10/06/2018