Golden Apple Caterers Reviews

Golden Apple Caterers 1
  • Amanda

Amanda Cavoto · Getting married on 07/24/2021

Teresa is amazing

Teresa is the best! She always responds to my calls within an hour and is so flexible and always willing to help. Her recommendations have been on the money and she’s helped ease a lot of my anxiety about planning my wedding. AMAZING.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Cassy Nuno · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing! Loved working with them.

Every step of working with Golden Apple Caterers through Middletown Memorial Hall was perfect. The food is excellent, they made sure my Groom and I were taken care of, and the entire night was flawless. I couldn’t have asked for anything more from them. It was nothing short of perfect.

Sent on 05/18/2019
    Golden Apple Caterers 2

Linda · Married on 11/18/2016

Not only were we very happy with Theresa and her staff, but the comments we received from our guests - well it was the icing on the cake - Linda & Daniel Sigmund

Sent on 11/23/2016
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/05/2016

Could not be more pleased with Theresa and her staff. They were simply amazing!! Theresa went above and beyond for us and I don't know how we can ever thank her enough.

Sent on 11/09/2016

Caitin · Married on 10/24/2015

Theresa was very helpful while I was planning my wedding! Any time I had a question I would email her and she would get right back to me. The food was amazing and the service was top notch!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Bonnie · Married on 09/06/2014

We hired Golden Apple Caterers to cater our wedding reception at the Blue Ball Barn in Wilmington, Delaware on 9/6/14. Theresa provided us with a fabulous barbecue buffet that our guests absolutely loved. She also provided us with so much more than catering services--she recommended other great vendors, coordinated all of our furniture rentals, developed a timeline for our event, and decorated our entire space the day of the event. On top of that, she was incredibly flexible in adapting our plans when our original venue informed us of a fire violation three weeks before our event, and we had to move our reception to a new space. I cannot recommend Golden Apple Caterers more highly--they were incredibly accommodating and professional. Hiring this company was by far the best decision we made throughout our wedding planning.

Sent on 09/25/2014

Stephanie · Married on 08/30/2014

We chose Golden Apple to Cater our offsite outdoor Wedding in a nearby town and we couldn't have been any happier with Theresa and the entire staffs services. Theresa was amazing, so responsive to every email I sent, and incredibly helpful with more than the services she was offering to us. And when times turned sour and my DJ did not show up, Theresa flipped a switch and got someone there to save the Day! The food was great, the servers were so polite and attentive to my guests and overall just Simply Amazing! I would recommend their services to anyone.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Lisa · Married on 04/26/2014

The food was delicious. Theresa and her staff were very friendly and attentive. The decor was beautiful!! They ensured our wedding was a memorable one.

Sent on 04/29/2014
  • Nneka

Nneka · Married on 07/20/2013

Theresa and her staff at Golden Apple Caterers were absolutely wonderful. Theresa is very knowledgeable and flexible with reception locations and budgets. The food was absolutely delicious, the food tasting was extensive and the overall experience was remarkable.

Sent on 09/27/2013

Golden Apple Caterers are the best! Everything was amazing for the food to the décor! Just as we pictured it! Theresa is amazing to work with, there with you every step of the way. Thank you so much for making our day that much better!

Sent on 01/15/2013

Kim · Married on 08/04/2012

My wedding reception was fantastic. Golden apple was very accommodating and explained everything. They were also very flexible, I was able to create my own personalized party!

Sent on 01/15/2013

Kama · Married on 09/24/2011

Golden Apple Caterers were very easy and awesome to work with. They have amazing food and made my wedding fabuolous. Centerpieces and cake included!

Sent on 10/17/2011
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 10/07/2017

Golden apply catered my wedding on Oct. 7 and were absolutely amazing to work with. Theresa knows her stuff and is super organized and accommodating. They made our wedding day really easy and low stress and our guests raved about the food! (I highly recommend the bacon wrapped scallops!) Our wedding was non-traditional cocktail style/small plates and I was worried about having enough food to fill everyone, but Golden Apple did not disappoint; everyone had their fill and more! I recommend Golden Apple highly!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Lindsay · Married on 10/29/2011

We were so pleased with our experience with Golden Apple Caterers. Theresa made herself always available for answering any questions I had, and always put my mind at ease. We spent a great deal of time deciding upon and creating reception decor - and Theresa took everything in stride and set up our reception to our exact request. It was such a relief knowing that nothing would be required of me the day before/of my wedding regarding reception set-up. I could not have been happier with how the room looked.
    The food was exceptional - and plentiful! We got a number of compliments on the quality of the food, and how no one went hungry.
    Theresa worked with our outside vendors (and there were several - including a 10 piece band and a centerpiece rental company) and acted as point of contact and coordinator for bringing all the many pieces of our reception together.
    I would not hesitate to recommend Golden Apple to any bride in the MD/DE area looking for a beautiful reception site with exemplary staff.

Sent on 12/20/2011
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 06/09/2018

We used Golden Apple Caterers for our June 9th wedding and were incredibly happy with their services. We admittedly had our fleeting moments of tension leading up to the day that I wish we could have gone without, but in the end, our wedding was beautiful, the food was wonderful (we received so many compliments), and the service was amazing. They were so accommodating on the day of—it was impossible to go hungry with how dedicated Theresa and her staff were to making sure we were taken care of. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Jessica · Married on 04/06/2013

Theresa & Frank Ventresca (owners) are wonderful at what they do as caterers. Theresa, who is the coordinator, makes sure you are comfortable and satisfied with the decisions you make about your catering. She is very helpful and makes sure she quickly responds to any email or phone call (ask her anything, she knows!). The food is excellent and the wait staff is courteous. Overall, the experience with Golden Apple Caterers was stress-relieving, tasteful, and full of experienced staff.

Sent on 05/01/2013
  • Barry

Barry · Married on 05/06/2017

2.0
      3.0
      1.0

If you are looking to book this vendor be aware a contract means nothing to them. I book this caterer May of 2015 for my wedding in May of 2017. Everything was going well, until November of 2016 came I mailed my next payment (a month early I may add). I received a voicemail from Theresa advising that they would no longer be our caterer for our wedding. We were 5 and half months out, as any one knows this is the first step in planning how big your guest list can be as well as what other items you can add to make it your special day. While they refunded all funds paid, this has caused an unexpected increase to our budget as we are now having to pay 2017 catering cost instead of being locked into 2015 and we have already finalized our guest list and sent save the dates. Beware that they could cancel on you not too far out from your wedding date.

Sent on 11/19/2016

Golden Apple Caterers's reply:

Unfortunately we no longer have/had a contract with Delaware State Park Facilities in order to cater your event at Bellevue. We made a business decision not to renew our preferred catering contract with that facility due to the high cost and time restrictions on set-up and clean-up. They would not allow us to cater the event without a catering contract with them. We refunded all monies paid to Golden Apple Caterers to you as soon as we found out that we weren't able to cater your event at Bellevue Mansion. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.