Gold Ribbon Confections Reviews

Gold Ribbon Confections 7
  • Tom

Tom Chiarello · Getting married on 04/03/2020

Great Desserts with an Even Better Story

I met Maurice and Gold Ribbon Confections when they brought the best mini apple pie I've ever eaten to my offices. After tasting that sample, I knew I had to have Maurice bake up some desserts for our wedding, and good thing he did! We had mini apple pies, cake pops, lemon bars and, of course, an amazing wedding cake. The only thing better than his confections is the reason Maurice does what he does, in memory of his amazing son Micah. Thank you Maurice for everything!

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Getting married on 11/25/2019

Tasting experience

Tasting experience was awesome. We brought more than just 2 people and he was so accommodating! I couldn't choose just 1 option! They were all great!!!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Judith · Married on 07/21/2019

Maurice is great and the cake was beautiful

I will recommend him anytime . The cake was great and tasted great too

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Christina

Christina Haggerty Lane · Married on 07/13/2019

Great Vendor

My bride picked this bakery and as a planner they were awesome to work with! They arrived right on time as scheduled, answered every phone call and double checked with me, and did me a solid by adding the flowers from the florist on to the cake. They were quick and super professional! Would highly recommend and their price point is spot on. Bride had 4 different flavors that were all delicious!

Sent on 07/18/2019
    Gold Ribbon Confections 8
    Gold Ribbon Confections 9
  • Laura

Laura Hopkins · Married on 06/15/2019

Highly recommend Gold Ribbon Confections!

We had a small wedding with about 30 people, and Maurice treated us as if we had a huge order and 250 guests. When we sat down to discuss what we wanted and have a tasting he was super personable and helpful, and the tasting was awesome. We chose to do a small wedding cake on top of a cupcake tower with 6 dozen cupcakes because we couldn’t choose a flavor. He was extremely accommodating, flexible, and the whole thing was a great experience. And then... the dessert!! The Italian cream wedding cake was amazing, and the cupcakes were ridiculously moist and flavorful. My favorites were lemon, raspberry cream, and carrot, but everything was great. He delivered everything and set it up, and was just so easy to work with. I honestly can’t recommend Gold Ribbon Confections highly enough. Just outstanding owner and cakes!

Sent on 06/16/2019
    Gold Ribbon Confections 10
    Gold Ribbon Confections 11
    Gold Ribbon Confections 12
  • Cheyenne

Cheyenne Shreve · Married on 06/01/2019

Beautiful cake, beautiful day!

Maurice was so responsive to every text and question! He wanted to know what I wanted the cake to be and cared very much about getting it right. The cake was on the table and ready from the beginning of the reception and was literally the most beautiful cake I’ve ever seen! I asked for a lemon blackberry cheesecake, which is very hard to put into tiers, but Maurice rose to the task and it was absolutely perfect. Would recommend over and over again!

Sent on 06/15/2019
  • C Cullors

C Cullors · Married on 05/26/2019

Loved everything!!

The cake and cheesecake is amazing!! Made my wedding day so special!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Gold Ribbon Confections's reply:

Thanks Candace the kind words and for letting us be a part of your special day! It was truly a pleasure to serve you and your guests!

Edward Noriega Tirado · Married on 04/20/2019

Excellent and super fast job!

I ordered a wedding cake with almost no time of left for the wedding and they delivered a fast, affordable and beautiful cake!!

Sent on 04/21/2019

Gold Ribbon Confections's reply:

Thanks Edward for letting us serve you on your special day! It was a pleasure! Let us know if we can be of service for you again in the future.

Damilola Odusanya · Married on 04/20/2019

A must have for your event!

Maurice was awesome throughout our interaction. Our wedding cake was the highlight of the night for me ( I love cake). It was the perfect cake and I can’t wait to eat our top layer when the day comes. I highly recommend using Maurice and guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/08/2019

Gold Ribbon Confections's reply:

Thanks Dami for the the kind words and for letting us be a part of your special day! It was truly a pleasure to serve you and your guests!
  • Racheal

Racheal Filina · Married on 04/12/2019

Our wedding Cake

The cake was perfect!
    Just as good as the day we tasted it. The design was everything I wanted.
    He was early which was a blessing and always quick to respond with any questions I had. I would recommend him to any one.
    He went out of his way to make sure his side of our wedding with off with out a hitch
    Y’all rock!!!!

Sent on 04/15/2019
    Gold Ribbon Confections 13
    Gold Ribbon Confections 14

MAYRENA C · Married on 03/31/2019

Amazing! Highly Recommended!

After a long search we came across Gold Ribbon Confections and were fascinated by its design and art. Most important in our case was his flexibility and experience working with different dietary restrictions, providing options such as vegan, dairy free, gluten free cakes at no additional cost or fees. We were privileged to have work with Maurice for our wedding this past March 2019, the passion he has for what he does impressed me the most. We had the opportunity to meet him prior to the event for a tasting. He was very flexible with the meeting point since we were far from the Arlington area. We were obsessed with the white cake raspberry filled buttercream cake, and everybody loved it as well. On the day of the event, Maurice was perfectly on time to set up the cake and decorations, which looked amazing! I was mesmerized when I saw the cake. Gold Ribbon Confections is more than a business for Maurice, is truly his passion.

Sent on 05/26/2019
    Gold Ribbon Confections 15
    Gold Ribbon Confections 16
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 03/30/2019

Able to get both my vision and my husbands vision

Great experience, Maurice was great and being able to get both my husbands vision and style and mine to come to life
    Guest all commented on the cake the flavors and the options they had
    Beautiful cakes definitely will use for other events

Sent on 04/01/2019
    Gold Ribbon Confections 17

Kevin Chiarello · Married on 03/16/2019

Amazing Artist and Good Man

We had Maurice prepare his goodies for my son's wedding. They are in each instance exceptional. Equally, or perhaps more importantly, his willingness to give back to his community and bring it joy is to be admired.

Sent on 03/25/2019
  • Mcellist

Marita · Married on 03/10/2019

Great service & quality

Maurice was so kind and helpful. Everyone loved the cheesecakes! It was a great addition to our wedding dessert

Sent on 05/18/2019

Gold Ribbon Confections's reply:

Thanks Marita! It was a pleasure working with you and we are so grateful to be in tin your special day!

Becky Levy · Married on 03/09/2019

Cheesecake Wedding

Maurice is very personable and easy to work with. Got exactly what we asked for. Daughter wanted cheesecake instead of traditional brides cake and it was delicious. Grooms cake was exact picture we showed him. Foody family raved!!!

Sent on 03/10/2019
    Gold Ribbon Confections 18
    Gold Ribbon Confections 19
  • Sydni

Sydni · Married on 03/09/2019

Cheesecake was amazing

Maurice from the beginning was wonderful to work with. We met with him to explain what we wanted (cheesecake bites wedding cake & funfetti with sprinkles for grooms cake) -- WOW! He did an amazing job! The funfetti cake is just what we imagined and tasted so good. The cheesecake was delicious - there was nothing left by the end of the night. Thank you Maurice for being a part of our special day!

Sent on 03/11/2019

Trisha · Married on 01/20/2019

Amazing desserts! Everyone loved them!

Maurice is wonderful to work with, responds quickly, and he's willing to be flexible and work with you. Plus his desserts are amazing!! His cheesecake is to die for! I went to Urban Alchemy Coffee + Wine Bar in Arlington to try different flavors before the wedding to pick a flavor, but the day of I only got some because my brother let me have a bite! Everyone loved our desserts, we had a small 6" cake, two dozen cupcakes, three dozen cookies, and a cheesecake. We only took home the part of the cake they packaged for us and three cookies! We got to have a good mix of different desserts like I wanted because his prices are so reasonable. Since the weeding everyone's been telling me how delisicous the desserts were! Go with Maurice!! You absolutely won't regret it and your guests will love the desserts!

Sent on 01/25/2019

Trisha,

Thank you the kind words and for allowing me to be a part of your special day! It was truly an honor and pleasure working with you!
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Stringer · Married on 11/17/2018

The best cake- everyone will be talking about it!

The cakes were amazing, and both were delicious. We wish there was left over cake for us to still eat! Maurice was so fun to work with! My husband wanted a golf-themed Groom's Cake, and he knocked it out of the park with his creativity! We absolutely loved both of our cakes, and had many people ask where the cakes came from. My father-in-law has a gluten allergy, and Maurice was able to make a special batch of cupcakes just for him to enjoy at our wedding, he was so happy! My father-in-law now wants us to use Golden Ribbon for all of life's celebrations.

Sent on 12/03/2018

Rebecca Massey · Married on 10/13/2018

Gorgeous and Delicious cake!

We ordered a brides cake and grooms cupcakes from Maurice and he did an amazing job on both! He even delivered them to our venue 2 hours away! You won’t be disappointed with Gold Ribbon Confections.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Dawn · Married on 10/05/2018

Maurice did a FANTASTIC job! The wedding cake, grooms cake and Micah cookies were beautiful and tasty! The guests raved about it all! I would HIGHLY recommend Maurice and Gold Ribbon Confections to anyone in need of a wedding cake, or any pastry/dessert needs!

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/05/2018

Wonderful wedding cake!

We absolutely loved both of our cakes. Everything was so easy with Murice and he did exactly what we wanted in regards to both of our cake. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Sandra · Married on 09/22/2018

I LOVED the cake Maurice made for my wedding! The chocolate tier was sooo delicious, everyone kept asking who made it. That tier went so fast, I couldn’t even get another piece. Maurice was great to work with, he worked with me when I had to change my cake to a bigger size. I definitely recommend him to everyone and if I ever need a cake again, I know who to turn to.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Nikki · Married on 08/11/2018

Gold Ribbon Confections did an amazing job for the wedding I coordinated in August! They were very responsive via email as well which made everything even easier! Also we had a last minute date change and an added cake request and they were able to accommodate! You won't go wrong choosing them for an cake need!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Afsha · Married on 08/11/2018

Maurice is very well organized made everything smooth one less thing to worry about on your wedding date.

Sent on 08/13/2018