Gold Ribbon Confections Reviews

88 Reviews for Gold Ribbon Confections

• Celina

Celina S. · Getting married on 06/11/2021

Quality & Delicious cakes/Desserts

Working with Maurice was easy, everything he showed us during the tasting meeting was exactly what they delivered on our wedding day. Everything was delicious. Since then I have ordered 2 more cakes that were equally amazing. I found our forever Bakery! Thank you Maurice for such a delightful experience. Happy New Years!

Gold Ribbon Confections's reply:

It has been our honor to work with you! We wish you all the best and look forward to continuing our relationship in the coming years.
  • Tom

Tom C. · Married on 04/03/2020

Great Desserts with an Even Better Story

I met Maurice and Gold Ribbon Confections when they brought the best mini apple pie I've ever eaten to my offices. After tasting that sample, I knew I had to have Maurice bake up some desserts for our wedding, and good thing he did! We had mini apple pies, cake pops, lemon bars and, of course, an amazing wedding cake. The only thing better than his confections is the reason Maurice does what he does, in memory of his amazing son Micah. Thank you Maurice for everything!

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Bailee

Bailee · Married on 12/28/2019

December 2019 Wedding

Maurice is the most down to earth man I have met. His passion for baking, specifically in inspiration for his son that passed away, Micah after a long battle against Neuroblastoma is very evident. When we went to the cake testing he made the experience very difficult, since all the flavors were so tasty. He made a bride and grooms cake in which both were so beautiful and very delicious. Although we had significantly more servings of the cake than we had guests we still ran out since everyone loved both cakes so much they went back for seconds. His kind heart, strive for perfection, and delicious baking skills are some of the many reasons why I recommend him so much!

Sent on 01/17/2020

Kelsey · Married on 12/14/2019

Incredible, amazing, perfection!

My husband and I love family business, kindness, and meaning! If you want a cake full of love from a business that stands for so much greatness along with desserts created and tailored perfectly for you! Please support them! Our little dessert bar was a HIT. They were gone SO FAST... and so was the cake! Just perfection.

Sent on 02/13/2020

Becca · Married on 12/07/2019

So amazing!

Maurice hooked us up with the coolest grooms cake & the taste of the cake is the main thing all of our guests talked about after the wedding! So grateful!

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 11/25/2019

Tasting experience

Tasting experience was awesome. We brought more than just 2 people and he was so accommodating! I couldn't choose just 1 option! They were all great!!!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Danielle D. · Married on 11/15/2019

Best experience!!

Maurice made our wedding cake experience so easy! He is extremely talented and made the most delicious mini cheesecakes and beautiful wedding cake! Everything was perfect and everyone loved the desserts! I would recommend Gold Ribbon Confections for any occasion!!

• F

Fernanda V. · Married on 11/09/2019

He is the best in all dfw

Maurice blew every bakery OUT OF THE WATER! Finding a truly delicious cake is not easy, we tasted several all around DFW! After meeting with him, my now husband and I were both so in love with all of his cake flavors that we picked them all! He was professional, kind, caring and responsive! Two months after our wedding, our friends and family are STILL raving About how delicious our wedding cake, cupcakes and cake pops were! To this day, my husband still craves them! I HIGHLY recommend Maurice and will happily use him again for all of future celebration!

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • Caroline

Caroline N. · Married on 11/09/2019

Can't recommend Gold Ribbon Confections enough!

We are so elated that we came across Gold Ribbon Confections in our hunt for a wedding cake. Maurice was so kind and helpful is creating and assisting us on a cake we wanted. We had requested a funfetti flavor which may not be the form for a wedding cake but he knocked it out of the park and was such a pleasure to work with. We cannot thank him enough and his story and message is so special. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 02/11/2020

Lisa · Married on 10/28/2019

Fantastic company to order from

Easy online ordering, email and call confirmation and delivered on time a beautiful and delicious cake!!!

• Rita

Rita F. · Married on 10/26/2019

Wedding for my daughter

I asked for a Harry Potter Themed cake and a enchanted forrest cake and Maurice out did himself. The cakes were a hit. Everyone complimented on how beautiful they were.

Timothy F. · Married on 10/26/2019

Excellent cake. Made the party

Great to work with. Cake was outstanding. Definitely use again. Cake was definitely the center piece. Nothing but complements.

Richard F. · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing cake

I would recommend them for any occasion.

• Candess

Candess · Married on 10/19/2019

We absolutely loved working with Maurice & loved our makes!

We were absolutely blown away by Maurice and Gold Ribbon Confections. From our first meeting/consultation he went above and beyond for our experience. We loved hearing his story and how he got into baking. It was professional and personal! We knew immediately we wanted to use him. His tasting presentation was the BEST in comparison to others! And the cakes tasted wonderful!!! I have a gluten allergy and he worked well to accommodate it! Highly recommend using him. The cakes were amazing! We should have ordered more grooms cake, it was such a hit!

Taylor S. · Married on 10/19/2019

Wedding Cakes

Absolutely would recommend Gold Ribbon Confections. Very professional and AMAZING cakes! We had so much fun at our cake tasting and everyone at the wedding raved about how delicious the cakes were.

Karoline · Married on 10/19/2019

Great Experience

Maurice did a great job with our cakes. We had a three-tiered cake with forestation on it to represent our love of hiking and it looked a little complicated, but when we saw the cake it was EXACTLY like the photo. We also asked him to create a suitcase groom's cake, which he also nailed (weird request I know). The cake pops were so good that our guests ate them before we cut the cake; same with the cookies. He did a really good job of contacting me in advance of the day to review details and he was probably one of two vendors that I felt zero stress about. Would hire again.

Sent on 01/17/2020
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 08/31/2019

Would definitely buy another cake!

I have already referred a friend to him, and she’s booked him as well!!! But absolutely amazing tasting cake!!! ❤️❤️❤️ I loved ours!!

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 08/31/2019

Helped save the big day!

They saved they day!! After my original wedding cake was canceled last minute, Gold Ribbon Confections was able to make the most beautiful and delicious cake, with less then a weeks notice, saving our big day!! THANK YOU!!

Sent on 02/05/2021

Gold Ribbon Confections's reply:

Taylor,

Thank you for your kind words and for entrusting us on such an important day in your life! We were honored to be available and apart of your wedding day. Thank you for choosing Gold Ribbon Confections!

Best wishes,

Maurice Ahern
    Gold Ribbon Confections
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing!!!

Above and beyond every expectation! Couldn't have picked anyone better! Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 07/27/2019

Perfect Cake!

We had a need for a special cake for our groom's cake. The baseball cake really made an impression and made the groom feel really special! The best part was the inside of the cake itself. Highly recommend the chocolate cake. Maurice is fabulous!

Sent on 07/28/2019

Judith · Married on 07/21/2019

Maurice is great and the cake was beautiful

I will recommend him anytime . The cake was great and tasted great too

Sent on 07/22/2019

Kathy · Married on 07/21/2019

Absolutely delicious!

My husband and I got married last summer, and Maurice did our cake, cupcakes, and gluten-free pie. Everything was delicious. I wish I ordered extras, so I would have had some leftovers! Maurice even customized our fourth cupcake flavor! My husband and I both really like the combination of chocolate and cinnamon, and the chocolate cinnamon cupcake we had at our wedding was the best cake I ever ate. SO GOOD! I definitely recommend. The desserts are delicious, and he supports local charities, too!

Sent on 05/31/2020
  • Mallory

Mallory L. · Married on 07/14/2019

Gold Ribbon = Gold Medal

Gold Ribbon Confections will 100% be where I recommend anyone getting married or just needing delicious desserts to use. Maurice is absolutely incredible and the mission behind his business touches my heart. Not to mention, his cakes are to die for!! We had a bride's cake, groom's cake, and even cupcakes and every single one of them were absolutely delicious.

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Christina

Christina H. · Married on 07/13/2019

Great Vendor

My bride picked this bakery and as a planner they were awesome to work with! They arrived right on time as scheduled, answered every phone call and double checked with me, and did me a solid by adding the flowers from the florist on to the cake. They were quick and super professional! Would highly recommend and their price point is spot on. Bride had 4 different flavors that were all delicious!

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Laura

Laura H. · Married on 06/15/2019

Highly recommend Gold Ribbon Confections!

We had a small wedding with about 30 people, and Maurice treated us as if we had a huge order and 250 guests. When we sat down to discuss what we wanted and have a tasting he was super personable and helpful, and the tasting was awesome. We chose to do a small wedding cake on top of a cupcake tower with 6 dozen cupcakes because we couldn’t choose a flavor. He was extremely accommodating, flexible, and the whole thing was a great experience. And then... the dessert!! The Italian cream wedding cake was amazing, and the cupcakes were ridiculously moist and flavorful. My favorites were lemon, raspberry cream, and carrot, but everything was great. He delivered everything and set it up, and was just so easy to work with. I honestly can’t recommend Gold Ribbon Confections highly enough. Just outstanding owner and cakes!

Sent on 06/16/2019