Godfather Films Reviews

28 | Riverside, CA

28 Reviews for Godfather Films

28 Godfather Films Reviews

Josh · Married on 05/06/2017

John and the team did a great job! From beginning to end, we appreciated his responsiveness and attentiveness to our desires. The final product came absolutely stunning. We LOVED it!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Godfather Films's reply:

Thank you Josh for this great review on your wedding video that we produced at La Quinta Resort. I know it was windy and we all had to help move your ceremony location twice but the final result was a fabulous celebration and we were honored to film our New York Couple in the California Desert. Here is a link to your Highlight Film https://vimeo.com/221955411

ainsley · Married on 12/31/2016

Godfather films did an AMAZING job capturing our wedding day! John and his team are so incredibly nice and truly care about making their clients happy with their productions! It was so great working with them! I would recommend Godfather Films to anyone!!! Thanks for everything!
    Your Louisiana NYE bride!

Sent on 03/17/2017

Godfather Films's reply:

Ainsley, thank you for your kind words. Yes, we really do care about our clients. We loved filming your fabulous wedding celebration on the bayou in Monroe, Louisiana at Bayou DeSiard Country Club. Here is the Highlight Film: https://vimeo.com/205265569

D&A · Married on 07/03/2016

Godfather films was the best investment we made for our wedding. John was a complete professional through the entire process. From the first day we met John really took his time to explain the Godfather Films process and services making us feel 100% comfortable and knowledgable about the service. We knew Godfather Films was going to do a great job filming our wedding but when we received the final cuts of our video we were absolutely floored by the masterpiece that Godfather Films put together. We could not have imagined how amazing our video could and John really exceeding our expectations. Now we have our love story to enjoy time and time again. We cannot thank you Godfather films enough for the exceptional work they did filming our wedding and making it a cherish able work of art. We love Godfather Films and recommend them to everyone seeking videography services. Thank you Godfather Films!

Christina · Married on 06/04/2016

John and his team are amazing! My husband and I planned our wedding from out-of-state, and so never actually met the Godfather Films team before the big day. But John was always just a call or email away during the planning process--always prompt and always professional. Not once did I find myself stressed or worried about our videography.
    Fredy was our lead videographer, and was an absolute pleasure to work with--very funny and very professional. He and his assistant captured all of the important moments and even our most memorable candid moments. Much of the time we didn't even realize they were filming! The turnaround was much faster than we expected, and the final product was truly perfect. The ceremony, reception, and highlight films are exactly what we wanted, and will be wonderful memories in the years to come.

Sent on 08/05/2016

Godfather Films's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We loved working for you and producing your Wedding Films. Here is the link to the Highlight Film https://vimeo.com/174745977

Alex · Married on 04/16/2016

John was an absolute pleasure to work with! I asked Godfather Films to do the videography, photobooth, and add a projection for my wedding and I could not be happier with the results. He is singularly talented at videography, the photobooth came with loads of fun props and everyone loved it, he created custom images for our pictures, and his assistants were extremely accommodating and courteous. I highly, highly recommend him!!!

Sent on 05/28/2016

Godfather Films's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review. It really does mean the world to us. Alex and Chris had a truly magical celebration and we were honored to be there. Here is a link to their Highlight Film: https://vimeo.com/167968516

Margie · Married on 09/05/2015

John is incredibly talented. He knows how to adapt to each person in order to obtain the best footage. He listens well and is attentive the entire day! He never lost sight of the bride and groom and was always there to catch every important event. John is very professional, friendly, flexible, and kind. He filmed my sister's, my cousin's and most recently my wedding and did a fantastic job. We will certainly hire him again for any future events we may need!

Sent on 03/09/2016

Godfather Films's reply:

We are so honored to be the official videographer for this wonderful family and are grateful for this wonderful review. Here is a link to the highlight film from Margie Kay's wedding. https://vimeo.com/152772553

John was great throughout the whole wedding planning process! He was quick to respond to emails, and always made time to discuss details about the big day. We are so happy with the way our video turned out-he did a wonderful job. He really balanced each part of the day throughout the video so that we could relive each aspect of the day. John's calm demeanor was an added bonus on the big day-which kept me calm! He seemed to stay 'behind the scenes' while still catching every moment on video.

Jen · Married on 05/30/2015

We are beyond grateful for Godfather Films amazing work to document our big day. To say it was a pleasure to work with John and his team would be an understatement! John's kindness, warmth and profesisonalism compliments his incredible videography skills for combination that made the entire experience wonderful - from initial phone conversation all the way to post-production communication.

John and his team masterfully captured our wedding day, moments big and small, In a non-intrusive and delicate fashion. We love our highlights video and full footage so much, and know we will treasure it always.

I can guarentee if you chose Godfather Films to video your big day you will be thrilled with both the experience and the result.

Thank you again Godfather films for everything!

blayne · Married on 10/19/2014

We have hired Godfather films many times over the last 25 years. It will be the best money you spend on your daughter's or son's wedding!! I do not say this lightly! The time goes by so quickly at the wedding and many times to a bride and groom it is all just a blur. This brings them back to all the moments, and many moments that they never got to see!! They do an excellent job of not being noticed as they are filming. John and his team are the consumate professionals. They do a superb job!!! They truly care about their clients, and they know how important these moments will be! The service they provide is truly remarkable, and I can't recommend them enough!!!!

Sent on 04/23/2015

Godfather Films's reply:

Thank you for your kind comments, It means the world to us to be your family's filmmaker and document your celebrations for the last 25 years. Here is a link to the Same Day Edit we produced for your family at the Mission Inn in Riverside, California. http://vimeo.com/122696942

Melissa · Married on 08/18/2013

This company is nothing short of amazing. We hired them the day of our wedding and they showed up without any problem to make our event memorable. Also they even made it possible to play a message on the projection screen.

Leila · Married on 07/27/2013

Words cannot express how absolutely AMAZING Godfather Films is. My husband and I have decided that this was the very best investment that we could have made. We had SEVERAL videos made with Godfather Films.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I watch our videos, I cry like a baby!! The videos allow us to relive how absolutely spectacular our wedding was. I am even taken aback by moments that I missed because I was too busy being a bride:) The wedding videos truly take us back in time to cherish the most amazing weekend of our lives.

I can't say enough about John and his son Chip. We decided last minute to have 2 videographers instead of 1, and that was one of the best decisions we ever made. Every single precious moment was captured. And by having the second person, we were able to show our guests some highlights edited live the day of the reception party.

John and Chip are two of the most caring people that we have ever met. Everyone at our wedding loved them and never felt uncomfortable about having the cameras around them. Their personalities are so sweet and caring that they became part of our family.

My husband and I have decided to hire them every year so that we can do a family video. We now fully realize how important it is to document the most memorable moments of your life.

Thanks John and Chip! Godfather Films ROCKS!!!

If you'd like to see the video, go to http://vimeo.com/71215471. The first 4 minutes is a skit we did in central park and the second 4 minutes is highlights from our 3 day weekend wedding in beautiful Puerto Rico.

P.S. If you are considering hiring Godfather Films, definitely opt for the lookback video!! I cried hysterically the first time that I watched it. I am not sure which video made me cry more; the lookback or the 20 minute video of all three days.

Thanks again Godfather Films!!!
    Leila and David

Jason · Married on 07/05/2013

Godfather Films is by far the best videographer around. They filmed our wedding on July 5, 2013 at Ponte Winery in Temecula and produced an absolutely beautiful short and long film. They went above and beyond their scope of work and stayed with us until 2am filming our after party. They arrive when you tell them to, and they leave when the party is over. We could not have asked for anything more from them and we highly recommend them to anyone who is taking part in an important event!!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Godfather Films's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review. Your Wedding Day Music Video is online at http://www.JasonLovesJanelle.com Enjoy!

Brittany · Married on 03/09/2013

Godfather Films was amazing and made my wedding so memorable.

Sent on 03/26/2013

Godfather Films's reply:

Thank you for kind review. This was one of our Same Day Edit Wedding Films. The Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort posted the film on their web site. You can watch the film at http://www.lagunacliffs.com/weddings/index.asp

LuAn · Married on 11/25/2012

John is amazing! I can't think of even one negative. I strongly recommend him for any wedding. He filmed our wedding in Anaheim. He was so great to work with that we hired him to come to Oregon for our hometown reception -- so glad we did.

Sent on 01/10/2013

Godfather Films's reply:

Absolutley fabulous wedding celebration at the Disneyland Hotel. Here is a link to the Wedding Film Opening http://vimeo.com/65106324

Great work! I was impressed with their professionalism.

Denise · Married on 10/13/2012

Godfather films provides excellent sevice and bends over backwards to make sure they deliver a quality product and service!
    For my sons wedding they were there ahead of time, caught all of the important events on tape and even stayed to video their sparkler lined escape. We also rented an outdoor photo booth that was a huge hit with all of our guests. The bride and groom's grandparents even participated in the fun using the props provided with the help of Chip, who managed the booth.
    I also use Godfather Films for many of the events I coordinate at the University of Redlands. They can also provide sound, lighting, and entertainment contacts.

Shannon · Married on 09/30/2012

There is no other videographer in the word that is as skilled and competent as John with Godfather Films. His work literally took my breath away. My sister’s wedding was even more beautiful captured on film than it was in person.

My only regret was that I did not know about Godfather Films when I got married. Working with Godfather Films has truly been a pleasure, with sincere gratitude I write this review.

Sent on 02/01/2013

Godfather Films's reply:

Shannon, Thank you for your kind review. We really enjoyed doing a Same Day Edit and Distribution at Villa Siena in Arizona. Here is a link to the Wedding Highlight Film http://vimeo.com/16705485

Jamie · Married on 06/29/2012

Godfather films is the most unique wedding video company out there! Their work speaks for itself but the minute we met the owner, John Goolsby, we signed the contract! John has a very special energy about him and he REALLY loves his profession. Godfather films captures special moments in a non-invasive, fun-loving way. Our guests really enjoyed talking with John on and off camera. He made everyone feel comfortable and allowed for genuine fun moments to happen without any "cheesy" typical wedding video interviews.

As the bride, I felt extremely relaxed leaving my big day in the hands of Godfather Films. Many times during the day, John would say something that just reminded me to take it all in and absorb what was happening around me, he is not only a talented, professional...he is a sweet, big hearted person.

If you want a special unique experience...hire Godfather Films. We are so happy that we did!

Sent on 07/18/2012

Godfather Films's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. They mean everything to me. Here is the link to your beautiful Destination Wedding in Puerto Rico. http://vimeo.com/52656756

Kyle · Married on 06/08/2012

Booking John with Godfather Films to shoot our wedding was the best planing decision we made. We did a destination wedding in Grand Cayman and our video included 3 days of footage along with scenic island shots. As a wedding planner myself I have extremely high standards when in comes to vendors, and John was everything I could have hoped for and then some. All of my guests commented on how great he was and how non intrusive he was with the cameras. I couldn't have asked for a better video when all was said and done! We have watched our video over and over with family and wedding guests as well as friends and family who couldn't make it to the wedding and everybody has agreed it is one of the best wedding videos they have seen! I would highly reccomend Godfather Films to any couple looking to work with the best in the business!! THANK YOU JOHN!!

Sent on 01/22/2013

Godfather Films's reply:

I loved filming your beach front wedding in Paradise. You and your family were so nice and I truly appreciate your kind words. It would be great to work together again some day. Here is a link to Highlight Film http://vimeo.com/51091583
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 05/12/2012

God Father Films did a great job for our wedding. We decided 1 month before the wedding that we would like to have videographer. We were lucky they were available for our wedding date. My mom was diagnosed with ALS and was not going to be able to make it to the wedding. GFF went over and above the expectations and delivered rough cut video for my mom to review immediately following the wedding, and the final product a few weeks later was also very lovely to send to our family and friends.

Catherine · Married on 04/21/2012

Godfather Films just did an outstanding job on my DVD of our wedding!

Rosalinda · Married on 10/15/2011

I would highly recommend Godfather Films. He did a wonderful job and was very professional. The video was exceptional and I will use him again in the future when my boys get married. Do not hesitate to hire them.

Candy · Married on 07/30/2011

Godfather Films is a phenomenal company to work with. John GOolsby himself did the videography for my client's wedding, and everyone couldn't be happier. John is unobtrusive, flexible and amazingly talented. His work is absolutely the best of the best. I recommend him to anyone that needs videography!

Shawna · Married on 01/15/2011

I loved working with Godfather Films and would highly recommend them for anyone looking for a wedding videographer. John is very professional and always positive. I had complete confidence in Godfather Films from start to finish. I loved the video that they made for us, of our wedding day. In many ways I love it more than wedding photos - because it captures the sounds and movements of the day and really bring it all back to life again. I have gotten to know John better since our wedding and he is always upbeat and I always enjoy seeing him.

Kelly · Married on 11/06/2010

Godfather Films exceeded my hopes and provided the highest quality of service I could imagine. The entire team was extremely professional and a pleasure to work with. I recieved so many compliments on the same day edit that was showed at the wedding. The end product was also amazing and my husband and I were trilled with our video. Words cannot express how happy I was with Godfather Films. They truly are the best at what they do!!!

Sent on 02/17/2013

Godfather Films's reply:

Kelly, you and your family are so important to me. Choosing Godfather Films to produce your Same Day Edit at Villa Siena in Chandler, Arizona was a wonderful experience. I still remember the surprise reaction from the DJ and your Dad when it received a standing ovation. The guests were so surprised as you personally handed each of them a DVD of the Wedding Video as they left the reception. Your Wedding celebration was fabulous and I am so honored to have filmed it. Here is the link to the Same Day Edit. http://vimeo.com/16705485