Gloss Makeup and Hair Artistry Reviews

Gloss Makeup and Hair Artistry 4
  • Angeline

Angeline · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely Amazing

Jennifer and her team at Gloss Philly were absolutely amazing from start to finish. Starting with my hair and make-up trial I felt like I made a friend for life! Jennifer makes you so comfortable.
    We had 10 ladies getting make-up done and 12 ladies getting hair done and it was a seamless process. The ladies from Gloss Philly made each of us more beautiful then the next and every, single girl felt like a princess. We all felt like royalty with our hair and make-up done. Not a single hair out place, not a eyelash uncurled, or lip unlined.
    I would hire Gloss Philly again even for a night out on the town. They are very reasonable, responsive and respectful.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my wedding day one to remember.
    Jennifer- you truly are great at what you do.
    Thank you!!
    Mrs. Angeline Bassler (Masciantonio)

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Lily

Lily · Married on 10/13/2018

AMAZING! Makeup stayed on forever and all services were perfection!

Jenn did a fantastic job for my wedding.
    She did a total of 7 services alone and everyone who she did her work on looked absolutely stunning. Her knowledge in hair and make up is extensive, and she helped me cover my flaws/insecurities on my face and truly enhance my beauty. I woke up at 4am on my wedding night and realized my lashes were still on! I felt absolutely flawless and perfect. She works some odd hours for her "day" job but she always would respond same day if not within 48 hours.

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 10/13/2017

Felt beautiful on my wedding day !

Jennifer came to my hotel and did an amazing job on my wedding makeup and hair. She did an amazing job on my teenage daughter as well. Have hired her again for family portraits as well. Feel so lucky to have found her and had her there calming me the morning of my wedding. Great artist and person!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Johanna · Married on 04/14/2017

I was referred to Jenn by a friend for makeup and hair needs, for a last minute wedding I was attending. Jenn was prompt with contacting me back and penciled me in such short notice. She went above and beyond with both my services, took her time to make sure every little detail was perfect, (which it was) was also extremely professional and friendly, I will definitely be booking with her and her team for any other services that I will need!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Megan · Married on 09/26/2015

Jenn and Katey were AMAZING!!! They made my girls and I look absolutely amazing and I am so thankful for all that they did on our big day! Jenn is very easy to communicate with and was always responsive and helpful with any questions or concerns that I may have had. Katey took care of everyones hair and all of the girls raved about how much they loved their looks! The girls travelled to my wedding venue and were even early to get things started! They were fun and very relaxed allowing me to feel relaxed and at ease on my big day! Thankful to have found you ladies, highly recommend this company, you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 09/27/2015

Jennifer and her team were phenomenal. They got 10 people ready (hair and makeup) within 3 1/2 hours before my morning wedding. Jenn was extremely responsive in setting up trials, etc. They did airbrushing and fake eyelashes (which are included in the price). They arrived early and were fun to work with on the day of. Meghan did my hair and was absoultely amazing. Would HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 08/30/2015
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 07/11/2015

I utilized Gloss Philly's makeup services for my wedding on 7/11/15. Jen Pomante was our makeup artist and I can't give her a high enough rating. She did makeup for myself, my two bridesmaids, my Mom and my MIL. Across this wide range of ages and complexions, she did a phenomenal job! She thinks I'm the time to listen to what everyone wanted and executed it flawlessly. In addition, Jen is very down to earth and professional. You can tell that she really takes her time to make you look your best! I would highly recommend Jen Pomante for your wedding gbot any other special event you may have!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/24/2015

If I could, I'd give Jennifer ten thousand stars. She was amazing. One of the nicest people I've ever met, she was totally willing to do anything and go anywhere if it meant making my wedding perfect. She gave me several options for both hair and makeup during our trial, she was completely flexible about the schedule, and she even offered to help out with centerpieces! Best of all, she made me feel more beautiful than I ever thought I could feel. If you are getting married anywhere near Philadelphia, consider booking her services.

Sent on 06/06/2015

Krista · Married on 12/13/2014

I honestly LOVED Jen! She came with the hairstylist I booked and I couldn't have been happier! I don't usually wear makeup, and I told her that. She made me feel SO beautiful and I didn't even feel like I had make up on! After seeing her work, the bridesmaids who didn't want their makeup done, ended up changing their minds! Jen was able to accommodate and get the extra girls done on time! Everyone loved how they looked and so did I!!

Sent on 03/16/2015

Megan · event on 03/23/2014

Jenn is an INCREDIBLE makeup artist. She did my make up recently for a photoshoot and I have NEVER felt so beautiful in my life! If your lucky enough to have her work for you.. You will not regret it!!!

Sent on 03/28/2014

Jenny was my makeup artist for my wedding and wedding party! She did a absolutely amazing job. Her price was very reasonable and she was a absolute pleasure to work with! I will be using her again in the near future.

Sent on 05/02/2014
  • User3999878 · event on 06/06/2013

I used her to do my make up and it was awesome!! She was personable and made me look great!

Sent on 03/28/2014

Michelle · Married on 05/25/2013

Jennifer was amazing! She was professional, flexible, friendly, outgoing, punctual, you name it. She did my hair (bride) and my maid of honors hair along with my makeup and all my 6 girls and my mom. Everyone was extremely happy. She did everything how we wanted it to be. I honestly couldnt have asked for a better hair and makeup artist. I will definitely use her in the future for any other beauty needs and I highly recommend her.

Sent on 08/02/2013

Cait · Married on 05/10/2013

Jenn was so great! She had ideas for my make-up because I had none. She had a huge variety of make-up for all skin types. She was also fast without being sloppy! She didn't do my hair that day but I know she can rock that too!

Sent on 08/02/2013

Jennifer · event on 04/21/2013

Beyond my expectations. Not only did I look and feel beautiful everyone else thought so too. I was worried about finding a happy medium between looking like myself and looking like wow that is gorgeous makeup. After having two trials one too natural to the point I felt I could do it myself to one being too dramatic and feeling like I was overdone I became nervous. Thankfully I knew from the moment I began to talk to Jennifer that she was perfect for my needs and my trial went fabulously. I could not be happier with the results I got, I was a flawless upgraded version of myself. I had Jennifer and Katey doing hair and makeup for my party and I. They arrived on time, finished on schedule and were overall fun to be around. Keeping music on and fun light conversations helped relax me. Could not be more thankful for the work they provided and looking forward to being a bridesmaid in my sisters wedding and working with them again!

Sent on 04/23/2013

Marie · Married on 12/15/2012

Jennifer is an invaluable asset to any event. She is extremely talented and really goes up and beyond to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your look. She is caring, friendly and professional with the knowledge and skill to make sure you look beautiful on your special day. I would highly recommend her for all your hair and make up needs!

Sent on 04/05/2013

Sonya · Married on 07/03/2018

Jennifer was absolutely amazing!

Sent on 08/28/2018
    Gloss Makeup and Hair Artistry 5
    Gloss Makeup and Hair Artistry 6
    Gloss Makeup and Hair Artistry 7
    Gloss Makeup and Hair Artistry 8

Jeni · Married on 09/08/2017

3.5

Jennifer and her team at Gloss Makeup and Hair Artistry are simply amazing! Jennifer is super talented in both makeup and hair. She made me feel and look like the most beautiful bride in the world and my guest kept complimenting me on my hair and makeup throughout the night. She was great at matching the light more natural style I was going for.

My 4 bridesmaids, mother of the bride, and mother of the groom were so happy with how they looked. Jennifer and her team were professional, on-time, friendly and extremely talented. They are so much fun and so easy to talk to and very polite despite us being late to get started. I would highly recommend Gloss Makeup and Hair Artistry!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Nicole · Married on 08/11/2017

Very professional, I got my make up done she did an excellent job I would definitely use her again.

Sent on 11/10/2017

Ellen · Married on 10/28/2017

Jennifer was hands down awesome! I am from out of town so all our communication was via email. She was very responsive and answered any questions that I had. Day of event I walked down the aisle feeling like a million bucks. She did a wonderful job on hair and makeup for both mothers, my maid of honor and myself. We all looked wonderful.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Bailey · Married on 03/30/2019

3.0

Great value for skilled hair and makeup artists

I’d definitely recommend Jennifer and the Gloss team! Jennifer was difficult to get in contact with/wasn’t super responsive at the beginning (I think there were some personal/family things going on at the time). However, I had read other reviews where this was the case and everyone still recommended them. They had the most competitive price I could find, and Jennifer offered a free hair trial due to the response issues, so I went ahead with them.

Jennifer and Shannon did such a fantastic job with hair and make-up. Jennifer also worked with me to avoid extra charges since I had only two people doing makeup (normally they have a minimum of 4). Everyone loved their hair and makeup so much, and I got so many compliments on mine. I was happy the makeup included airbrush (which she explained to me, since I don’t know too much about makeup) and fake lashes. She used special fake lashes on me because the normal ones were irritating my eyes. She did a great job working with me to get the perfect natural look.

Look no further if you want great results at an affordable price!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Stephanie · Married on 06/25/2017

4.2
      3.0
      3.5

Jennifer Haines and her colleagues did an absolutely outstanding job on hair and makeup for all the females in my bridal party. Everyone's hair and makeup held up beautifully during throughout a long, hot, outdoor wedding. They arrived on time and worked efficiently. One of my bridemaid's sisters is getting married soon and plans on contacting them to use them as well because she loved their work so much! It is also great that they include eyelashes and airbrushing in the price so that there are no added fees. My only major critique is that communication was difficult prior to my trial and wedding; sometimes I would go over a week without hearing back and my questions would still not be answered in full. However, I'd definitely use them again given the option, as even though it did cause a little anxiety it all worked out in the end!

Sent on 07/06/2017

4.2
      2.0

I had Shannon for hair and Jen for makeup. They are both very talented and my entire bridal party and I looked perfect all day. Even after the air conditioner broke at our venue in the middle of a 94 degree day, everyone's hair and makeup stayed perfect! The only reason they aren't a five star across the board is because of responsiveness and time management. One month before my wedding, one of my bridesmaids lost her job and was unable to pay for her service. We tried to get in contact with Jen but it took forever for her to respond. I decided to contact her myself and it still took her about a week to get back to me. Finally, 3 days before my wedding, she responded and told me that there were some issues with her people and she didn't respond because she didn't want to stress me out. It was far more stressful having radio silence that close to the wedding than it would have been if I had just been kept up to date with what was happening. As far as time management, they both showed up on time, 6am, and started on me and my girls. I was told the latest I would be done was 9:15 am and my bridal party would be done by 9:45 am. This was great because my venue was 20 minutes away and I needed to be there by 10:30am. They did not finish with my hair and makeup till 9:45 and, when I left for the venue after I finished getting ready and into my dress, they were still not done with all of my bridal party. I have no issues with their talents or abilities, they did an amazing job on the hair and makeup and I would probably book them again. I would just make sure to give some extra time just in case.

Sent on 08/03/2016