Glass Slipper Gourmet Reviews

Glass Slipper Gourmet 5
Glass Slipper Gourmet 6
Glass Slipper Gourmet 7

Nishi · Married on 06/07/2008

We absolutely loved working with Glass Slipper Gourmet (Kelly)! She really lets you be a part of the process in choosing the right type of cake for you in terms of flavor and design. We thought that we were going to do cupcakes until we met with her. She is also highly flexible and extremely reasonable. She is one of the best choices that we made for the wedding and we highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a beautiful cake that is super delicious. I think that we had at least 20 people that told us it was the best wedding cake they have ever tasted.

Sent on 06/29/2008

Beverly · Married on 05/18/2008

We loved the cake Kelly made for our wedding. Not only did it look wonderful but it was absolutely delicious! From the moment we met her, she was very helpful, extremely friendly and created a design that captured both me and my husband's vision. She brought many different flavors for the cake testing so we got to really pick out what we liked best. Kelly delivered the cake on time and even helped set up/decorate our cake table. We couldn't have been happier as how the cake looked and tasted. We definitely recommend her service!

Sent on 06/27/2008

ana · Married on 05/10/2008

What can i say, i had the best wedding cake! The cake design was what i had envisioned, and Kelly made it come true! The cake flavors were amazing... we picked out two different cake flavors, irish cream for the tiered cake and cappucino for the flat sheath...we had lots of compliments and everybody could not get enough of it!!! Im glad we chose Glass Slipper Gourmet. Kelly is awesome! Now i have to come up with an excuse to have some of Kelly's amazing cake!

Sent on 05/16/2008

Chris · Married on 05/01/2008

Amazing cakes. Need to see to believe. Taste is wonderful.

Sent on 08/10/2008

Kristi · Married on 04/19/2008

Kelly was amazing! She actually came to my home for a tasting! Her cake samples were fresh and numerous and delicious! She came with magazines and books, most importantly she was easy to work with and was able to listen to what I had in mind and transform it into the perfect cake! She even sent me a digital image of what the cake would look like! When I saw the cake the day of the wedding it was everything I had hoped for and it tasted amazing! I would definetly recommend her to everytone!

Sent on 05/14/2008

Debbie · Married on 03/05/2008

This vendor was very professional and delivered everything she promised. We were very pleased with her services and would use her again.

Sent on 05/12/2008

Tamara · Married on 09/23/2007

Kelly at Glass Slipper Gourmet was amazing. She met with us and we knew instantly that this was the person to do our wedding cake. The cake not only met our expectations but far exceeded them. It was absolutely beautiful and many guests came up to me at the wedding and commented that it was the best wedding cake or any cake for that matter that they had ever tasted.

Sent on 11/13/2007

Austin · Married on 08/19/2007

Kelly from Glass Slipper Gourmet is special. Normally, I would not take the time to complete a review, but when she asked, it was a no-brainer. She provides the highest level of service, quality, taste, and fun for her clients. It's rare that a cake generates so much interest during a wedding, but her cakes are one-of-a-kind. Without sounding too cheesy, Kelly provides love to baking and she is a class act. I would recommend her services without hesitation.

Sent on 11/14/2007

Amber · Married on 08/18/2007

My sister actually found Glass Slipper Gourmet through a referral for her own wedding and she invited my fiance and me to participate in her cake tasting session. We had already tasted 2 other bakeries and were disappointed with them both, so we were thrilled to have found Glass Slipper Gourmet.
    Kelly was a pleasure to work with. Her cakes are delicious and she offers beautiful designs; both classic and modern. Our biggest problem was deciding which flavors we liked best (we loved so many). Kelly took my vision and color scheme and brought it to life on the day-of!
    I would highly recommend Glass Slipper Gourmet to my family and friends!

Sent on 11/13/2007
  • Riquelen

Riquelen · Married on 08/11/2007

kelly's work speaks for itself ... absolutely beautiful AND delicious. working with her was "icing on the cake" ... she was so nice, professional, flexible, attentive, and is a master at her craft. we were thrilled with the quality of her work considering our budget. her cakes really are works of art. all you have to do is meet with her for her cake tasting...you'll be hooked by the samples and her personality! you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 01/04/2008

Cindy · Married on 04/28/2007

Glass Slipper Gourmet and sweet Kelly O'Brien....WHAT would our reception have been without her? I was thrilled from the first moment I met Kelly! Both my husband and I are very creative and we felt that every time we met with a cake vendor, it was their vision that mattered and not ours. NOT WITH KELLY! She was so excited with our vision and immediately began to connect with that vision. She came to our home to provide the cake tasting opportunity, which made her feel like part of our family. Even more important....the cakes were delicious and our guests made comments even weeks after the reception. And an added bonus? We froze the top of our cake and each month on the 28th, we take out a piece of the cake to celebrate. The cake is JUST as delicious after six months in the freezer. I truly believe that Kelly is the right choice for any couple who wants an amazing cake (or cakes!), a peaceful experience, and satisfied guests! :)

Sent on 11/14/2007

Erin · Married on 03/17/2007

Glass Slipper was the BEST! She came to our house, brought a number of different samples (about 20 in all), and I wrote her a check right on the spot. Her prices were so affordable and her cakes yummy. We gave her a picture of what we wanted and she replicated it with ease. We met with 5 other cake designers and none could create the taste that Glass Slipper did. I knew immediately, that this was the cake (designer) for us! We love Glass Slipper Gourmet!

Sent on 11/02/2007

Christina · Married on 11/04/2006

Kelly was fabulous. My husband wanted mini cakes after watching a wedding special on Oprah and Kelly came through. The cakes were not just beautiful..everyone raved about the flavor!! She definately went above and beyond.

Sent on 05/16/2008
  • Negar

Negar · Married on 08/06/2016

Kelly made a delicious and beautiful wedding cake for us! Most surprising and nice was when she came to our apartment for the tasting and brought my husband and I each a small piece of 19 different cake flavors that she offers- excellent service!! We were able to narrow down our choices with her help and finally decide on a flavor. Our cake was beautifully designed, moist, and delicious. The only thing I would have changed would be to have made our middle tier more gold color than it was. Her prices are also extremely reasonable. We would definitely use her again.

Sent on 12/20/2016

Charlotte · Married on 07/19/2014

Kelly is an awesome baker! We were extremely happy with our wedding cake and everyone loved the flavors. When I called for a tasting and consultation, Kelly was very accommodating and was able to come our house. She brought 13 different cake flavors and 2 icing flavors. She even brought a second set of tasting cakes so my soon-to-be-husband (at the time) could try the flavors when he came from work later that day. Everything was moist and delicious. We settled on three flavors: Pink Champagne, Oreo Cookie, and Mexican Hot Chocolate (our favorite!). When it came to the design of the cake, I showed her a picture of something we liked, and she was able to make it even better than the picture. It was beautiful! I would definitely recommend her to a friend or a stranger.

Sent on 07/30/2014

Leah · Married on 04/25/2014

Kelly is a master at what she does , our wedding cake was so good as we expected from the tasting. The decoration of our cake was awesome just as we wanted . Kelly is great to work with we would recommend to anyone

Sent on 05/05/2014

Amanda · Married on 05/26/2013

Cake tasted and looked fabulous. Was able to fit us in last minute and deliver exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 08/15/2013

Kat · Married on 03/17/2011

Kelly was a joy to work with. Friendly and reliable!

Sent on 06/06/2011

Natalie · Married on 07/11/2009

Glass Slipper Gourmet was great! The cake tasted amazing and looked beautiful. She was able to listen to what my husband and I wanted (and we wanted two completely different things) and design a cake that we both loved.

Sent on 08/10/2009

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

Hi Natalie!
    Thank you for the review and congratulations!! Your reception was SO POSH!! I loved the purple couch on the stage next to the cake.... very cool!
    Thanks again!
    ~kelly
  • Liz&Dave

Liz&Dave · Married on 08/07/2010

Our cake turned out to be everything I had asked for thanks to Kelly. She really knows how to bake an amazing cake and design it so it is also aesthetically gorgeous. She has SO many flavors and they are all her own creations. She was very professional, timely, and even offered to help with my candy bar cupcake display! She went above and beyond and the cake was delish!

Sent on 08/24/2010

Linda · Married on 04/10/2010

3.5

My cake was beautiful and even better than I imagined it looking. A bit pricey, but worth it!

Sent on 04/18/2010

sarah · Married on 12/29/2007

3.5

The cake was delicious i was able to cater the cake to the size of my wedding and they had so many flavors and designs to choose from. Fabulous customer service

Sent on 01/06/2008

Christine · Married on 07/28/2018

The process from tasting and ordering is well run! Great tasting cakes; we had "Honey Bee Mine" (which is lavender and honey cake with blueberry filling) and the cappuccino with chocolate ganache cake.

Sent on 08/04/2018

0.5
      1.0
      1.5
      0.5

The cake itself was delicious. The cake ribbon color however was blue. Navy blue!!! My colors were plum and chocolate. She, Kelly, said she couldn't find a Purple ribbon. How about calling? How about using a brown or burlap ribbon? But no when Kelly, the owner showed up she said she could not, in over four months, find a Purple ribbon. Unacceptable!!

The only reason I'm not totally ticked off is because my Photographer was able to turn the ribbon to purple I some photos!!

Unacceptable!!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

Hi Kassandra,
    So sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your cake :(. The description of your color and fabric swatch I was given to match was "David's Bridal Lapis", which is a dark blueish purple. It was difficult to match, but the ribbon i ultimately chose was quite close to it. I DO agree that the ribbon color on your cake was not a good match for your actual room decor which was definitely a plum (violet purple) and chocolate. Had i known, I would have most certainly chosen a more vibrant purple ribbon for your cake.
    I've emailed you directly with my apologies and followup. I'm so sorry your experience warranted such a low rating. It is ALWAYS my goal to provide excellent service and product, so your complaint is taken seriously.
    Best, Kelly