Glass Slipper Gourmet Reviews

Glass Slipper Gourmet 6
Glass Slipper Gourmet 7
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 05/21/2011

Absolutely AMAZING! The cake was beautiful AND delicious. Even the tasting process was great (she comes right to your house and doesn't charge for it!).
    We could really tell that Kelly put a lot of time, thought and energy in to the design of our cake. She took the theme of our wedding and the detail on my dress as inspiration and it turned out beautiful.
    My new husband and I as well as our 75 guests were extremely happy with the design, detail and flavor (Jamaican Rum) of our cake.
    The prices are incredibly (and surprisingly) reasonable for everything we got. She definitely could charge a lot more for all that was done for us. You can tell that there is a lot of passion put in to the cakes that are produced and to me, it's the small details that make an incredible wedding. Kelly helped to make ours all the more special.

Sent on 06/05/2011

Adrienne · Married on 05/14/2011

Kelly was absolutely a dream to work with. From the very beginning working around our tough schedule (450 mile distance between us) to accommodating our wishes for custom cakes. We sampled 5 different places and all were good, Kelly was GREAT. Our scale was measured on moisture, flavor, presentation, & consistency - and again, Kelly's cakes hands down provided the best in those above categories. We loved her cakes, and enjoyed her company at our house, as she does tastings at your home. Thank you Glass Slipper for making our wedding so perfect!

Sent on 06/04/2011

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

thank you Adrienne and Chad! It was absolutely my pleasure and congratulations on your marriage! And, thank you for the beautiful pictures of your cake!!
    Sweet Wishes,
    ~K
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 05/14/2011

Kelly at Glass Slipper Gourmet is a real gem of a lady. She is energetic, creative, professional, and I could go on and on but mostly she is TALENTED! Her prices are reasonable and her work is impeccable. She REALLY LISTENS and keeps up with a bride's changing ideas. She can take your vision and really turn it into something that you absolutely love. I loved my wedding cake - both the design and the flavor (dark chocolate with both milk and dark chocolate mouse filling). If you have the opportunity I'd say HIRE KELLY!
    (Insider note: she has an awesome cake flavor that's perfect for wedding or baby showers: "Honey Bee Mine"! Check it out on her blog: http://glassslippergourmet.wordpress.com/cake-flavors/)

Sent on 06/06/2011

Saira · Married on 01/08/2011

LOVE LOVE LOVE Glass Slipper Gourmet! My cake was my favorite part of my entire wedding. Cake is very important to me so I take these things seriously, and Kelly certainly delivered! It looked and tasted just as I had hoped and imagined it would. Even my cousin, who admittedly does not like cake, said it was the best wedding cake she'd ever eaten!

Sent on 06/04/2011

Lisa · Married on 11/13/2010

Kelly was very accomodating to our needs. She came to our home with 17 samples of her delicious cakes and even combined two flavors to suit our needs. She delivered our wedding cake to our venue, assembled it and make sure all or our needs were met. Our guests commented that it was the mose delicious wedding cake that they ever had, and the design was perfect to our theme (Empire State Building). We could not have been more pleased.

Sent on 06/05/2011

Jeanine · Married on 10/10/2010

Love love love Kelly!! From the first tasting to the day of was such a fantastic collaboration. She is experienced and very professional but she is also so friendly. I wasn't 100% quite sure of the style of cake I had wanted but throughout planning Kelly was very accomodating and thorough in responding to my e-mails. The cake was one of our favorite things at our wedding. It was even more beautiful than I had imagined in my head. Not only that but they tasted amaaaazing, we had so many guests compliments. She has so many flavors to choose from that it was hard only picking one so we got two! My husband is dying for our one year to come so we can eat our top tier. We would definitely hire Kelly again for future birthdays, anniversaries, and any other occasion we can think of for an excuse eat more of her cakes :)

Sent on 06/27/2011

sonja · Married on 10/09/2010

Kelly is an amazing artist! She created my wedding cake this past October and she was such a joy to work with. Our cake turned out better than we even imagined. My fiance and I found a design that we wanted to personalize on our wedding cake and let Kelly roll with it. We were ecstatic at the results and the cake was gorgeous! She even created a surprise Groom's cake for my fiance of Star Wars and Darth Vader! He loved it :) She is truly a professional and I would highly recommend Kelly for any and all occasions.
    Thank you Kelly!

Sent on 11/29/2010

Vanessa · Married on 09/25/2010

Kelly did an amazing job on our wedding cake and I was very happy with the final product. We had gone back and forth on the final design before settling on one and she was very flexible and accommodating the all the chances. She was able to incorporate a design element from our invitations and meld it with a picture that I found online.

Her consultation was very informative and she really has the experience and knowledge that we wanted. She made us feel very comfortable and even customized our cake flavor based on our responses from the tasting.

One piece of advise when going through the consultation or finalizing the order is to discuss specifically what the cake stand will be so that the cake board works. I failed to mention that the cake stand we were using was round and had a round cake on a square board on top of a round cake stand. Little oops! but could have been easily resolved if I had thought to say something.

Sent on 10/11/2010

Leslie · Married on 09/25/2010

The Cake was beautiful! We told her what we wanted and she made it a reality! Not only did it look good but it tasted great! Hire Kelly and check the cake off your list!

Sent on 10/20/2010

jonna · Married on 09/11/2010

Kelly O'Brien is the BOMB! She makes housecalls for tastings! And I have to say we fell in love with her "Honey Bee Mine" creation! She was patient while my husband created our cake vision and made it come to life! It was the talk of our wedding!

Sent on 12/29/2011

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

Thank you Jonna! It was my pleasure to be a part of your celebration and i had a fun time creating your cake!! Cheers!

Sarah · Married on 07/11/2010

Kelly's cakes are wonderful! We had ~15 flavors to try out during our cake testing and each of the flavors were unique and delicious. We chose two flavors for our wedding: "Honey-Bee Mine" and Tiramisu (special request- she even made a sample for our cake testing!). All of our guests raved about both cakes (we ordered enough for everyone to have a slice of both).. The "Honey-Bee Mine" had amazing texture, color, and flavor- blueberry, cream cheese, lavender, honey.. The Tiramisu cake was perfect- the espresso soaked through the layer of lady fingers and the cheese layer was the perfect ratio to cake layers.

Overall, Glass Slipper Gourmet was a "dream vendor". Kelly was very responsive to my numerous emails, was willing to make special order flavors, and two weeks later- people are still raving about the cake and inquiring who baked it. Kelly's cakes are a steal- the value greatly exceeds the cost.

Thank you, Kelly!

Sent on 07/27/2010

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

HI sarah! Thanks SO much for the rave review!! It was such a pleasure to work with you and Benjamin and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness! Congratulations!
    Kelly

cassie · Married on 04/03/2010

Kelly is very professional and completely willing to work with you on cake design and cost. The cake was gorgeous - Kelly went off of the design of our wedding invitation. Most importantly, the cake was very moist, flavorful and delicious. We received so many compliments on our cake ( Honey Bee Mine cake flavor). Kelly has amazing talent!

Sent on 05/13/2010

Victoria · Married on 02/13/2010

If you are looking for your dream wedding cake, then Glass Slipper Gourmet is the place you will find it. My experience was nothing but the best from designing the wedding cake look to the flavors and taste (superb), you will not go wrong with choosing Glass Slipper Gourmet. All details were covered and it was one less item to worry about on the Big Day because Kelly with Glass Slipper Gourmet covered it all!!!

Sent on 04/19/2010

Rachel · Married on 10/31/2009

What a pleasure it was to work with Kelly. We had several tastings with other vendors, and she outshined them all not only in flavor but also in her creativeness with flavors. She made us the most delicious apple spice cake for our wedding. Not only that, but it was beautiful to boot! She made it exactly how we pictured it. I didn't want to cut into it, but when we did, we weren't disappointed and neither were our guests.

Sent on 11/18/2009

Michelle · Married on 10/10/2009

Kelly does AMAZING artwork with her cakes. And not only do they look like works of art, but they taste outstanding! It was important to us, our cake taste unique and delicious and it was just that. We provided a picture of what we wanted it to look like and described our style and Kelly helped it come to life. She was also very detailed and easy to work with. Tons of flavor options.

Sent on 11/22/2009

kate · Married on 09/06/2009

Planning our Clayton wedding was difficult; I was living in Honolulu and had to research all of my vendors on the internet. Needless to say this was difficult because of the time difference and the fact that some businesses didn't check their emails....then I found Kelly at the Glass Slipper Gourmet.
    She IMMEDIATLEY emailed me back with quotes, suggestions, and even various meeting times. I emailed her a couple of pics of cakes I liked, along with my wedding "flower" (dusty miller), and she combined them all. Very cool.
    When I met Kelly for a testing she brought like 20 different flavor combos. I was fat and happy by the time it was over - her cakes were top notch! She was also so fun and likeable; she didn't rush the meeting, offered suggestions, LISTENED, and even sketched out a rough draft. The price was only about $150 more than Safeway! For Fondant! Jeesh, why on earth would you go anywhere else??
    Kelly was my favorite vendor, and honestly, when I look back on my wedding planning, she is the first person I think of. BTW, of all the decorations and vendors at my wedding, the cake got the best reviews. Perfect :)

Sent on 10/25/2009

Lindsay · Married on 07/17/2009

The Glass Clipper was fabulous. I ordered a wedding and groom's cake and cookies for the favors. Everything was wonderful. Everyone loved the cakes. The groom's cake was in a shape of a fireman's hat and the cookies were also a fireman's hat. Everything tasted fresh and Kelly was wonderful to work with. I would highly recommend the Glass Slipper to everyone!!!!

Sent on 08/19/2009

Bonnie · Married on 06/14/2009

Kelly at Glass Slipper Gourmet designed the cake of our Bride's dreams. It was so very special. And the night of the tastings, we couldn't believe how many to choose from, and what a hard decision it was. Then, later on we threw in another small Groom's cake and she accommodated us without a complaint. The cake was exactly as designed, and tasted like heaven! It was delivered with time to spare, and she set it all up. The cost was great compared to other bakers we had looked at too! What more could you ask for? Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/21/2009

Anne · Married on 05/02/2009

Our experience was fabulous from start to finish � the personalized service was unmatched and we had beautiful and yummy cake!

We had both our wedding cake and our rehearsal dinner cake made (and delivered). The rehearsal dinner cake was a surprise for my husband and had a sculpture of the LOVE statue in Philadelphia (our new home)�everyone was in awe.

I wish we could ship a cake to Pennsylvania�actually maybe I should ask!

Sent on 08/11/2009

Hi Anne!!
    Thank you for the wonderful comments! How is PA? Hope you and Sunil are very happy there! (no... sorry, not delivering inter-state (yet!) lol! )

Alissa · Married on 03/18/2009

Our cake looked great and tasted even better! The price seemed high at first, but after checking with other businesses, it was fairly competitive. My husband and I were very pleased with the result, and recommend Glass Slipper Gourmet to everyone!

Sent on 06/07/2010

Maria · Married on 03/14/2009

Wonderful and Beautiful. We had two cakes and both were Delicious!

Sent on 08/26/2009

Margaret · Married on 08/30/2008

When my husband and I met Kelly (of Glass Slipper Gourmet), we found her to be very professional, very flexible, and very enthusiastic about her craft. She worked with us to incorporate our cake design, and the tasting was fabulous! So when the wedding day arrived, we thought, "oh it's not a big deal, we know what the cake will look like." However, we were speechless when we saw our cake, it was gorgeous and more than we could've dreamed of! So much so, that it was almost a shame to have to cut the cake and serve it...

But boy, if the aesthetics of the cake was breathtaking, the cake it self was unbelievably delicious! It's very hard to think of food when you are the bride, but I actually made sure I had a piece of each of the flavors our cake had!

Kelly is an amazing artist and an amazing chef! She is creative and very pleasant to work with; I highly recommend Glass Slipper Gourmet!

Sent on 09/12/2008

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

Thanks so much Margaret!! I am thrilled you were so pleased with your experience and it was my pleasure to work with you!! Congrats!
    ~k

Jen · Married on 08/17/2008

***** Kelly O'Brian is a dream weaver! Fantastic cake and flawless design.*****

Glass Slipper Gourmet is a 5 star vendor on all fronts. Warm hearted, Professional and affordable! and did we mention the cake tasted terrific and the design made our jaws drop!! We would recommend Kelly to anyone in need of a top notch cake designer & baker!
    Thanks Kelly!

-Jen & Kevin

Sent on 09/05/2008

Sandra · Married on 08/02/2008

I love their cake.. simply love it love it love it.. they matched the color of my dress with the cake color... and the cake was simply delicious!!! Yum!

Sent on 10/08/2008

Cathy · Married on 06/07/2008

In meeting with Kelly, she was very prepared and came with lots of pictures of her cakes to get some ideas, and several cakes to taste, all which were very fresh and great, making it very hard to chose from. I showed Kelly my wedding colors and a description of what I wanted. Kelly was able to creat a virtual mockup of what the cake would look like.
    On the day of the wedding, the cake arrived just like the virtual one that she created. It was absolutely beautiful, and tasted great. I received many compliments from the guests.
    Kelly is very professional, friendly, helpful, and makes great cakes. I highly recommend Glass Slipper Gourmet.

Sent on 06/27/2008