Glass Slipper Gourmet Reviews

Glass Slipper Gourmet 6
Glass Slipper Gourmet 7

Jeannette Weaver · Married on 05/11/2019

My sister's wedding

450 guest and the cake was the focal point of the ball room for dinner. I'm planning my wedding now, and love these cakes.

Sent on 12/06/2018

PEG · Married on 10/28/2018

Outstanding

FABULOUS CAKE AND INCREDIBLE CUSTOMER FOCUS..

Sent on 07/03/2019

Ranjini · Married on 10/27/2018

Perfect creations for your big day!

GSG was perfect and open to the ideas we had on our wedding cake! The lavender flavor was a huge hit with our guests.

Sent on 01/24/2019
    Glass Slipper Gourmet 8

Carly · Married on 09/08/2018

Kelly was a dream!!

Kelly was an absolute pleasure to work with from the first email to my wedding day. Not only are her cupcakes and cake absolutely delicious but the work and craftsmanship that goes into them is absolutely beautiful. My husband and I wanted very intricate details and designs on both our cake and cupcakes and she delivered them both absolutely perfectly.

Sent on 12/08/2018

Kathi · Married on 08/25/2018

Perfect!!!

Kelly did a wonderful job. She listened to what my vision for my wedding was and made them a reality. Not only were my cupcakes beautiful they were delicious. She put everything together just as I wanted it. I had so many compliments on how good they were. Kelly was always prompt in replying to my questions. If I have any other big events Glass Slipper Gourmet will definitely be on my to due list!!!!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Linda · Married on 11/22/2017

We met Kelly only 3 months beforw our wedding. We originally wanted to go with a new backery that was recommended to us by closw friends of the backers. After months of planning our cake they canceled on us and we didn’t know what to do, I started reading reviews and found Kelly. We had some email back and forth and I was so happy that she had that one day still open. We went in for a cake tasting and it was incredible, all the cakes where so good. We decided to go with Kelly’s signature cake. What we really likes about Kelly was that she gave us recommendations on how to cut the costs reather selling us more and more. We were on a very tight budget from the start so we really appreciated that. She also took a lot of time to explain options and flavors and decor with us and we felt how passionate she is about her business. On the day of our wedding Kelly delivered the cake and it looked so beautiful and tasted even better. Everyone was raving about it and we were lucky to take the little that was leftover home and enjoy the next day! I highly recommend Kelly, finding someone who is so passionate about her art is rare! We look forward on hiring her back on for future parties.

Sent on 11/26/2017
  • Alexa

Alexa · Married on 10/21/2017

Kelly was fantastic - she made a beautiful tower of cupcakes that pushed our dessert bar over the top. I'd recommend Kelly 10/10!

Sent on 11/24/2017
    Glass Slipper Gourmet 9

Catherine · Married on 09/30/2017

We were three or four months away from our wedding and our original cake maker wasn't able to help us.
    From the moment I reached out to Kelly to help us with our wedding, she was immediately responsive, excited and ready to help us. My husband and I wanted something unique to us for our wedding cake and we asked her for a Napoleon cake. We sent concept ideas back and forth, she gave me ideas and explained the logistics for the day of. Oh and the the tasting was such a spectacular experience, and delicious.
    On the day of, the cake could not have been more perfect. It was beyond beautiful. All of our guest were in awe of how beautiful it was as well as the taste ;)
    Overall, Kelly provides the best quality, customer service and price. Highly recommend for any event!

Sent on 11/26/2017
    Glass Slipper Gourmet 10
    Glass Slipper Gourmet 11
    Glass Slipper Gourmet 12

Mariana · Married on 09/30/2017

Kelly was amazing!! Her cakes are so moist and delicious and the frosting is exceptional, which usually you don't see. Her designs are exquisite and she made my dream wedding cake come true!

Sent on 02/28/2018

Jenny · Married on 09/02/2017

Our beautiful cupcake tower wedding was absolutely perfect. The cake was absolutely delicious! We had Snickerdoodle, Mocha Cappuccino, and Pucker Up (Lemon) cupcakes. There was a variety of unique flavors that Kelly offered that we would have loved to include but we stuck to three! Kelly followed through with my vision completely. The cake was better than I could have possibly imagined. Kelly was very professional and paid attention to our wants and needs.

I would highly recommend Glass Slipper Gourmet for your wedding. Kelly was affordable and incredibly professional. I am so happy with our wedding cake. It was delicious and beautiful.

Sent on 10/16/2017
    Glass Slipper Gourmet 13
    Glass Slipper Gourmet 14

Jazzspra · Married on 07/22/2017

Kelly was simply amazing to work with! She listened to exactly what I wanted and brought my vision to life. My cake was everything I had dreamed of and more. It was literally the icing to my wedding! Not only was my cake absolutely stunning, it tasted phenomenal!!! Moist, rich, and full of flavor. I received several calls from family and friends asking who did our cake. They could not believe it was actually a cake! Priceless to say the least...Thank you Kelly for helping us celebrate our special day!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Katy · Married on 11/12/2016

Kelly from Glass Slipper was great to work with & I highly recommend her. The cake was delicious, which is really the most important thing! She also took the vision from our invitations and transferred that same style onto our cake. It came out SO beautiful! I loved her options to have different size tiered cakes in combination with additional sheet cakes to fit our budget. With so many trendy dessert options out there, I wasn't sure about going with a traditional wedding cake, but I am SO glad we did. One of our best decisions!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Rebecca · Married on 11/04/2016

My cake was perfect!!! Kelly was so amazing to work with and she took a picture of a cake I liked and duplicated it perfectly: I live in Texas and never had the chance to do cake tasting so I was very worried. We had absolutely no reason to be!! The cookie cake and Jamaican rum flavors were so to die for! Thank you Kelly!!!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Sandy · Married on 10/15/2016

Booking Glass Slipper was one of the best things I did! Kelly is personable, organized and very helpful. And she bakes the most delicious cakes I have ever tasted! I had every confidence that the cake would be delivered as expected and be thoroughly enjoyed by my guests, and it was! My husband even tried a piece of the left over wedge we brought home from the wedding after our honeymoon. He sliced off the outer edge and the cake inside was moist and delicious! I don't think that would be possible with any other cake! Thank you Kelly!

Sent on 11/22/2016

andrea · Married on 08/26/2016

I am so very happy that I chose Glass Slipper Gourmet for my wedding cake! Kelly was really professional and worked with my budget to give me a beautiful, tasty and elegant cake. When we first met she was kind enough to come to my home and let me and my groom taste some of her many flavors, let me tell you they were all really good! We ended up picking the flavor of Honey Bee Mine which is her own signature, and the most unique and wonderful cake that I have ever tried. All of my guests loved it and I love it so much that I saved the top layer from her suggestion for our 1 year anniversary and I cannot wait to dig into that! Thank you so much Kelly, if I never need another cake for an occasion I know who to go to.

Sent on 09/07/2016
  • F

Fatemah · Married on 08/20/2016

Happy overall. Enjoyed several options during our cake tasting. Our cake was beautiful and yummy..

Sent on 11/15/2016

Hailey · Married on 07/23/2016

Kelly was amazing! When we had our tasting appt I was blown away with how many varieties she prepared and they were ALL delicious! My daughter chose the pink champagne cake. People at the wedding who don't typically like cake went back for more! Her design was beautiful and creative! She really caters the design to your wishes. Can't say enough about the care and attention to details. I will definitely need to plan a family celebration soon just so I can get more of this deliciousness.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Kim (and Hailey!) :)

matthew · Married on 07/23/2016

We have used Kelly for cakes many times in the past which is why we used her again for our sons wedding this weekend and as always the service and the cake was AWSOME!! HIGHLY recommend her service. You will not be disappointed Thank you again Kelly for a great cake.

Sent on 07/26/2016

Thank you Matthew and Brandi! Loved making Hayden and Adrianna's cake :) xoxo
    Kelly

Leigh · Married on 03/20/2016

We recently had Kelly from Glass Slipper Gourmet make our wedding cake and it was truly outstanding! We had tasted cakes from several other places before finding Kelly, and had been repeatedly disappointed - some places had cakes that didn't have the right amount of moisture or sweetness, and most places only offer a small selection of pretty standard flavors. As soon as I saw Kelly's menu I knew that that would not be the case with her, and once we met with her and tasted the cakes we knew it was a perfect match!

Many of her flavors are really delicious, and we ended up going with the more traditional Princess flavor for our tiered cake (white cake with vanilla custard, raspberry jam and almond buttercream filling), and getting an additional sheet cake for back-up servings that was the Mexican Hot Chocolate flavor (marble cake spiced with cayenne and cinnamon with chocolate custard, caramel and white chocolate truffle). The Mexican Hot Chocolate cake disappeared almost immediately at our wedding - it really was out of this world - and the Princess cake was also very delicious.

On top of that, the decorations were exactly what we wanted, and so beautiful! We knew we wanted a simple but elegant design, and Kelly helped us think through what different textures and colors would look like, and how it would fit into the feel of our venue. In the end, she helped us pick out the specific color of piping we wanted, and based her piping design on the lace from my gown, working off a picture that I sent her. In the end, we were incredibly happy with Kelly's work - both the taste and the look were absolutely divine. Thanks Kelly!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

THANK YOU Leigh! It was my pleasure to be a part of your special day! Thanks so much for taking to time to write this review... means the world to me! :)
    Kelly

Amanda · Married on 10/03/2015

I was referred to Kelly by a friend who has used Kelly for her wedding (she said their frozen top tasted exactly the same a year later as it had the day of!) and then for many other cake-worthy events in life (aren't those all of them, though???). We had a few back-and-forth emails before my guy and I made a trip to the Bay Area (we planned our wedding from out of state), but then suddenly I didn't hear from her again for a possible tasting (my emails were bouncing back to me). I was pretty bummed, but moved on with my life. When I got back, she sent me an email - my email ended up in her spam! She felt bad that we hadn't met up for the tasting, and since we weren't planning on going back to the Bay Area before the wedding, Kelly did something amazing: she arranged to overnight us samples of cakes in a cooled box for us to taste. WHAT!!?!? It was amazingly generous of her to do so, and we did select the Snickerdoodle cake flavor for our wedding cake.
    I was hesitant to spend so much money on a cake to feed our guests plus have a layer to take home to freeze for our anniversary, so I ended up supplementing our "show off" cake with some sheet cakes from elsewhere for cost reasons. I also had Kelly add a "faux" layer to the cake to make it look like there was enough there for everyone and no one seemed to notice at all! The cake was beautiful AND delicious and I can't wait to eat it all again!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

Hi Amanda! I'm so happy this worked out for us! My email issues were such a pain... thank you for sticking with me!! (p.s. hosting company has now been changed, so this is *fingers crossed* resolved! :)) Enjoy your Snickerdoodle leftovers!
    kelly

Priya · Married on 09/27/2015

We hired Kelly for our wedding desert table 2 weeks ago. The cake was amazing, as well as the cupcakes, cookies, lemon bars and fruit tarts!
    There was a lot of variety, different flavors like Lavender and blueberry which was a huge hit!
    I had a very specific look and feel for the desert table that Kelly helped execute perfectly. She is great about helping you come up with the right sort of menu for your event while keeping in mind the season, occasion and budget.
    I would highly highly highly recommend her services.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

Thank you Priya! It was such a pleasure working with you and Dave! So happy you loved your dessert ensemble! :)
    kelly

Great cakes! She worked with our budget and still provided great cake. The tasting was wonderful, we felt incredibly comfortable and happy with our decision to work with Kelly. Definitely recommend!!

Sent on 12/07/2014

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

thank you so much for the kind words! kelly

Stacey · Married on 06/07/2015

The entire experience with Glass Slipper Gourmet from start to finish was nothing short of spectacular. I can say with all honesty that working with Kelly was one of the best aspects of my entire wedding planning process. Her professionalism and easy going attitude made it a really fun and easy experience. She worked with us on our ideas and magically made our vision a beautiful, stunning and delicious reality. I will go to her for ANY future bakery needs when I really want that show stopping quality and unforgettable taste!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

THANK YOU Stacey!! It was absolutely my pleasure to be a part of your special day, and I also completely enjoyed working with you on this wonderful event! :)
  • Marcus & Geneva Ashley

Geneva · event on 05/31/2015

Kelly is a JEWEL!

My husband and I met Kelly O'Brian back in 2009 and hired her to design our wedding cake for our 2010 wedding, which we ended up forfeiting to elope! So when we made the decision to RENEW OUR VOWS (WEDDING STYLE) for our 5 year anniversary, it was NO DOUBT Kelly was our choice!

She allowed us to DESIGN OUR OWN cake and she brought it into fruition absolutely EFFORTLESSLY! Her custom flavors were a HIT at our event and our guests are still craving more of it post wedding! Lol.

Thank you SO MUCH Kelly for being such a "ROCKSTAR" -- We will definitely choose you over and over again for every major event we host!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Glass Slipper Gourmet's reply:

THANK YOU THANK YOU Geneva and Marcus for having me as a part of your milestone celebration! It was truly a pleasure!! :)