Glam Nola Reviews

19 Reviews for Glam Nola

• Chanley

Chanley · Married on 11/18/2018

Wonderful job!

These ladies did a wonderful job on both hair and makeup!! The makeup added the “glam” that I wanted without being too dark or caked on, and it stayed on all day despite my very oily skin. The hair was exactly what I wanted and it held in place all day. They were responsive, prompt, flexible, and worked very efficiently on the day of the wedding. Highly recommend!!

Rian · Married on 01/13/2018

They were wonderful! They made us all feel so beautiful. The make up was great quality stayed and on the whole night even through happy tears. They were willing to work with us even with last minute changes.

Heather · Married on 10/28/2017

Talk about a dream team! Erica and Tasha were amazing. They encouraged me during my trial and on my wedding day, to be very vocal about what I wanted. They reassured me repeatedly that they just wanted me to be happy and they wouldn't be offended if I wanted something changed or done differently. Some of you may be thinking- well no duh- but for me it was important to hear that because I'm generally a very quiet person. They made me feel comfortable, and I think that's really important. They followed that up with doing MAGIC to my hair and face, and made changes quickly and easily if I asked for them. They arrived on time on the day of the wedding and got 5 people’s hair and makeup done well ahead of schedule. Everyone looked stunning, and the prices are hard to beat. Oh and when I forgot to ask ahead of time for a tube of the lipstick they'd used at my trial, it turned out they were sold out of it, so they offered to bring me a little sample jar of the color so that I could have it on my wedding day- talk about going above and beyond! They were super fun and really helped make my wedding day stress free and amazing.

Laura · Married on 06/16/2017

Glam Nola was extremely organized, helpful, and reasonably priced compared to the other vendors I called for on-site hair. They were also friendly, whereas other places I called were downright rude. The hairstylist I worked with was Voola, and she is amazing! She did such a great job on everyone's hair and was really fun to have around on my wedding day! She was able to accommodate a bunch of different hair types (thin/fine, really thick, gray...) and styles (side bun, braided updo, styled down...). My mom is really sensitive about her hair (she cried and took the style out after getting it done at my sister's wedding) and was so nervous, but Voola worked wonders to make her feel comfortable and look great. Also, I have very fine hair that NEVER holds a curl, and Voola did a romantic-style side bun updo (that looked better than the picture I showed her) and left a few curled tendrils out in front that lasted ALL NIGHT. It was really hot and humid out and I was giving sweaty hugs all night and the curl looked just as good at 2am as it did at 2pm the day before. I highly recommend working with her and Glam Nola.

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2017

Glam NOLA was very timely in all email correspondence, and very flexible when I changed the location/number of services after the initial contract was written. They were on time the day of my wedding, and in fact finished their services ahead of schedule. They took the time to make sure each person loved their hair and makeup. Everyone's hair/makeup continued looking great all night, despite the New Orleans heat and all of the dancing. I can't recommend this vendor enough!

Brittany · Married on 05/20/2017

We hired Glam Nola to do hair and makeup for 6. They arrived right on time (even a little early), set up quickly and had everyone ready to go before the scheduled time. It was a super relaxing and fun wedding prep experience. Everyone looked fantastic!

Katie · Married on 03/18/2017

Glam Nola did my makeup for my wedding day as well as 11 others, and I must say, they did an AWESOME job! Everyone was so impressed and we all felt so beautiful for my special day. I can't say thank you enough to Ashley and Lindsay for working so hard under a time crunch and getting everything done so perfectly. Ya'll are true artists. Thank you so much!!

stephanie · Married on 03/04/2017

I went in not knowing what i wanted to do with my hair and make up, but i can't even put into words how much of an awesome job these ladies did! Myself and my bridesmaids all loved our hair and make up, and had a blast getting ready for the big day.

Kristin · Married on 02/10/2017

Glam Nola did my hair and makeup and that of my bridesmaids for my wedding in February. I was so happy with the service. I had done trails with two other vendors before selecting Glam and I am so happy i made that decision. Candice is so patient and easy to work with. I was comfortable telling her what changes I wanted so that everything started off perfectly.

Jessica · Married on 01/14/2017

Amazing hair and makeup!!! I can't recommend them more highly! Absolutely incredible job!

Hope · Married on 08/08/2016

Glam NOLA was amazing! I used them for my wedding and they did a great job. Definitely made my wedding day less stressful after I saw how great she did on my bridesmaids and then myself! Would recommend them for great hair and makeup :)

Elise · Married on 05/28/2016

The make-up artist and hair stylist listened to the girls and did a beautiful job with their up-dos and make-up! They were on time, friendly, and creative and finished the work on time.

Tasia did Hair for my bridesmaids and myself. She was wonderful. A couple of the girls wanted some revisions to their hairstyles, and Tasia was fantastic at accommodating them. She was also fast! She did 8 Bridesmaids, 2 Flower Girls and my hair all on her own with time to spare.

My wedding hair up-do was done by Tasia from Glam NOLA and it was just perfect. My sister had a beautiful up-do also. Both my mother and mother-in-law have shorter hair and had their hair done down with lots of volume and were both super happy with the end result. We all felt beautiful and Tasia was so fun to work with. Thank you Glam NOLA for the great service!! I would recommend Glam NOLA to everyone in the New Orleans area.

Julee · Married on 08/29/2015

THE BEST!!!! so so so glad I chose to go with Glam Nola for my hair and makeup needs for my wedding day. I booked a trial with them and was absolutely amazed by the way they made me look. I definitely suggest booking the trial. On my wedding day, I was able to tell them exactly what to tweak to make everything exactly how I wanted it. I felt so beautiful and it was all thanks to Candice and Ashley. Before the wedding day, many of my bridesmaids had told me they didn't want hair or they didn't want makeup, but once they saw the results of other girls on the morning of the wedding, EVERY girl in my wedding party decided to get BOTH hair AND makeup done by Glam Nola. We had not planned for time for this amount of girls to get their hair and makeup done, but somehow, Ashley & Candice made it work and we were all ready on time. The only bad thing I can say is that because of this massive amount of changes, my mom did not get a chance to get the airbrush makeup because of timing issues. I wanted her to feel like a queen on my day as well and just wish they could have sprayed her real quick too... So, if all of your bridesmaids change their mind like mine did, just make sure to put your mom at the top of the list! All in all, Glam Nola is AMAZING and I will definitely be using them for any future hair or makeup needs if I'm in the New Orleans area.

Bailey · Married on 08/22/2015

Candice did my makeup and lashes as well as my mom's and my 5 bridesmaids' for my August 22, 2015 wedding. I met with Candice in June for my makeup trial which went very well. We were able to schedule my trial for the morning of my engagement pictures so I was able to see how my makeup would photograph before the wedding. The day of the wedding we made a couple of tweaks and I couldn't have been happier with my makeup. Candice is very talented and easy to work with. I will definitely call her again for my next big event. I highly recommend Candice and Glam Nola, you won't regret it!

Dominique · Married on 05/30/2015

Wow!! These girls are truly amazing!! My entire bridal party, myself included, fell in love with their hair and makeup on the day of my wedding! Ashley did the makeup and Tasia did the hair. They worked in such a timely manner and had time left at the end for touch ups and if anyone wanted to change anything (of course no wanted wanted to touch anything; it was perfect!) They were very professional and easy to talk to as well! I remember Tasia recreating this amazing hairstyle that one of my bridesmaids' picked out and it came out perfect after just glancing at the picture for a second. And Ashley totally knows what she's doing. Omg. She's amazing. She gave everyone this beautiful and timeless look (I requested this look)..I swear my entire bridal party looked like they came straight out of a magazine. PERFECTION. My wedding day was so fabulous and everyone looked and felt amazing thanks to Glam Nola! I would recommend them over and over again and will certainly use them for any future events I have!

Kelsey · Married on 05/11/2018

3.4
      2.5
      3.0
      3.0

Competent but I was not happy when they switched personnel on me at the last minute. Make-up artists were able to replicate looks for my girls that knew what they wanted. Not as talented with my bridal party members that didn’t give explicit direction.