GingerSnap PhotoCamper Reviews

GingerSnap PhotoCamper 6
GingerSnap PhotoCamper 7

Kahlin Postoak · Getting married on 03/01/2021

SO Adorable, So fun!

Our guest LOVED the photo camper, we couldn't keep them out of it! Gingersnap was so fun, and we were provided a lovely phonebook with all the fun photo strips taken throughout the night! we just loved the extra joy it gave our wedding! truly a unique element of fun!

Sent on 04/24/2019
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 07/20/2019

Must-Have Vendor

I wanted a photocamper for my reception no matter what. I came across two, one was elegant and another was a rustic. I’m glad I chose the elegant one because it matched my venue! I loved it and it worked out so well. The owners were very helpful and were able to create just a great experience for my guest! The camper was a hit!

Sent on 07/27/2019
    GingerSnap PhotoCamper 8
    GingerSnap PhotoCamper 9
    GingerSnap PhotoCamper 10
    GingerSnap PhotoCamper 11

Ryan · Married on 03/31/2017

Not all weddings need a photo booth. But all weddings that need a photo booth should have Gingersnap, the photocamper. We thought we were in the no-photo-booth camp until we ran into Jamie (the operator) and Ginger (the camper) outside a bridal boutique in Houston. We changed our minds shortly after hopping in and trying out the great props. These aren't the standard photobooth props. They're a collection of wedding- and romance-themed objects accompanied by versatile items like oversized sunglasses, empty picture frames, and mustaches on a stick. When we learned we could get a photo-guestbook out of the deal, we were sold.

The photocamper is a cute concept. Go to the website and look at the thing. It's a small vintage camper that's been restored and given a look that manages to be a little whimsical, a little country, and a lot romantic—all at once. What make Gingersnap special is how customizable the whole thing is. You can pick which props are available to guests, and which are not. You can pick the backdrop. You play a role in the design of the guestbook (if you purchase that option). On top of all that, we got a great value, though the prices we got are no longer available. Word gets around.

Our only regret is that we didn't do a great job of making sure that EVERYONE knew about the photocamper and felt an obligation to get pictures done. We filled up a guestbook, but there are several missing faces. And yet everyone that got out there and saw it and took pictures loved the thing! When you're actually the ones getting married, it's hard to personally make sure guests have a good time. Ginger is more than a nice touch; it's a feature attraction that gave our guests something fun to do while serving an important dual function. Our advice would be to communicate thoroughly and repeatedly that there is a photocamper on site and that you'd 'd love to remember your day with pictures of ALL the guests that were present.

Sent on 04/11/2017
  • Wendy

Wendy · Married on 06/01/2019

Adorable Addition that was a HIT!

Oh My Gosh. The photo camper turned out even better than I imagined. It was seriously the first thing I booked...before my venue deposit was even put down. They had a book for all the guests to put a copy of their photos in and sign/write a note, and I got a flash drive with all the pictures as well. They were very easy to work with. We did have a problem with it tripping a breaker, so they graciously extended their time on site. They were super friendly to our guests and to us when we made our way to use the booth a couple times. Jamie was a little hard to contact at times, but heck so am I, so I can't knock her on that. She is friendly and accommodating, and I would book them again if I had a do-over! The guests absolutely loved it. I've noticed that photobooths can be hit or miss...so I think having the camper helped. I was worried about guests not seeing it or not using it, but that fear was put to rest very quickly because we had a full book of photos! Even some of my aunts and uncles participated, whom I never would have thought would use a photobooth otherwise.

Sent on 06/18/2019
    GingerSnap PhotoCamper 12
    GingerSnap PhotoCamper 13
    GingerSnap PhotoCamper 14

Michelle · Married on 05/19/2018

3.6
      1.5
      1.5

I wanted to give a 3 star review because there were some good things and some not so good. The good first; Jamie, the owner, was great to work with. She was easy to get in touch with when needed. The little camper is absolutely adorable and it fit perfectly with our outdoor rustic theme. I wanted to bring in additional props (hats, masks, boa’s...ect) since we were have a lot of children in attendance and they allowed me to do so. They also try and do the picture strips to match your theme.

The cons: I bought the most expensive package they offer. Part of that package included a book that was supposed to have one strip from every session taped inside. However, my book contains about 15 photo strips of the many that were taken. I’m thinking the reason for this is that about half of the strips I’ve seen had our name spelled wrong. It’s a pretty simple name...just 4 letters. The few strips in the book were all spelled correctly. As for all the cute little props they typically provide...well I never saw them. It could have been a miscommunication since I brought in items, not sure. Lastly, the owner wasn’t the one doing the booth, which is totally fine, but maybe the girl running the booth needs a bit more training.

Overall, I am disappointed in my experience with this vendor. Again, the owner was professional and very pleasant to work with. We maybe just had some communication issues regarding the props and I definitively don’t know what happened with the incorrect spelling of our name.

Sent on 06/16/2018