Gidas Flowers Reviews

Gidas Flowers 3
Gidas Flowers 4
Gidas Flowers 5

Jamie · Married on 09/01/2012

Laurie at Gidas Flowers is absolutely phenomenal. She was always patient with my indecisiveness and happy to switch things up, and the end result was absolutely stunning and exceeded my expectations 10 fold. And the prices were SO incredibly affordable--we were able to have our dream wedding flowers for a very modest budget.

Sent on 10/02/2012

Amanda · Married on 05/27/2012

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Gidas Flowers for our wedding. In our initial meeting, we brought in photos of different types of centerpieces, bouquets, and boutonnieres, and they provided us with several suggestions as to what would look good based on their experience, especially concerning my bouquet. Gidas coordinated with our venue, Phipps, on day-of delivery, so we hardly even had to think about our flowers after we made our final decisions (major stress reducer). Everything was delivered without issue and looked beautiful; we received so many compliments on the bouquets and centerpieces!

It was very humid with a chance of rain on our wedding day, so Gidas made an executive decision to put a plastic handle on all of the bouquets rather than use a fabric wrap, which I didn't mind in the least, but I could see how some brides might mind. We also had live orchids as our centerpieces, and my husband pointed out that they weren't in the pots that we picked during our meeting (I didn't even notice). Neither of us cared that the pots were different, since the ones that they used were still beautiful, but again I could see how some brides might mind. We were 100% pleased with our flowers and all of Gidas' services, so if their making executive decisions concerns you, I'm sure they would be responsive if you said you wanted to be involved in any decision. I would definitely recommend Gidas!

Sent on 08/04/2012

Jill · Married on 04/21/2012

We were beyond thrilled! My bouquet was gorgeous, and I loved the bridesmaids' bouquets too! The delivery of the bridal party's flowers to my home was perfectly on time. At the reception, the centerpieces were even more gorgeous than I envisioned (3 vases with orchids, tulips "floating" in water). I loved the flowers on our cake and the and the floating peonies and floating candles on the escort table...It was just gorgeous...and a nice surprise! Also wanted to thank Laurie for unexpectedly having to come back late that night to pick up the vases without complaint or charging us.

Carole and Laurie are awesome, and I so appreciated all the meetings and time they spent with me. Their communication was always great, and I couldn't be happier with how EVERYTHING turned out. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!

Sent on 06/24/2012
  • Teresa

Teresa · Married on 12/30/2011

We found Gidas on a preferred vendor list from our venue. We worked personally with Carole. She was great to work with. She took all our ideas and made them into reality. Things that we were not sure of, like how exactly we should show off our vases for our centerpieces, she had great ideas.. My bouquet of black magic roses was BEAUTIFUL! I loved all of my bridesmaids flowers. We got many, many compliments on our centerpieces. Communication via email was answered quickly, and any adjustments and/or changes made were done with no problem. I would definitely use them again!

Sent on 01/22/2012

katy · Married on 10/14/2011

Carol was very easy to work with and knew exactly what i wanted. Flowers were stunning and the service was great. such a beautiful flower shop and great people!

Sent on 11/01/2011
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/01/2011

This floral shop was great. Laurie negotiated with me on prices and we were able to select flowers to meet my wedding budget. The flowers were delivered on time and they took care of the setup. This small, family owned business was just great. Price and quality could not be beat. I highly recommend this business to anyone needing flowers for any type of event.

Sent on 10/17/2011

Katie · Married on 07/09/2011

We cannot say enough good things about Gidas flowers for what they did at our wedding. Carole, Laurie (and Jason) were so great to work with. Any questions or changes that I needed to make to anything was made without a problem. We always got quick responses and had no worries leading up to our day. They made it so easy to pick and envision what our centerpieces would look like. I had an idea of what I wanted my bouquet to look like and they exceeded my expectations. It was gorgeous! The day of, they delivered bouquets, boutonnieres to us at the hotel and were at the reception venue early to set up centerpieces. I had not a thing to worry about!! Overall, working with them was a great experience and i HIGHLY recommend them for flowers for your special event.

Sent on 08/16/2011
  • Gianna

Gianna · Married on 05/28/2011

Seriously, I don't think there are enough stars on here for Carole and Laurie from Gida's. They went above and beyond to create the most amazingly perfect arrangements and general service for my wedding that I have ever seen. When I first stepped into my reception venue I was literally blown away by how incredibly gorgeous the flowers and space were... I almost couldn't believe it was real. They did the flowers for my bridal shower and wedding and both times produced the most beautiful arrangements I have ever seen.

I seriously can't say enough about these ladies and Gida's in general. They made the entire process so easy and I knew my wedding was in great hands the minute I met them. Carole understood what I wanted perfectly - It was like she took the images right out of my head and made it a reality, actually exceeding what I imagined!! She stayed all evening and made sure everything was exactly like I wanted it. She went out of her way to order me tulle overlays for the tables (among other things) and seriously made my wedding the most beautiful I have ever seen! I really can't thank or praise these ladies and Gida's enough!! I 150% recommend Gida's to anyone looking for exceptional service, amazing quality, and a wonderful experience!

Sent on 06/23/2011

Evann · Married on 06/27/2010

Carole at Gida's was wonderful to work with. She was very nice, professional, and accomodating of our budget. Most of all, my flowers were AMAZING! I got so many complements and guests were claiming dibs on taking home the centerpieces from their tables!

Sent on 07/15/2010

Julia · Married on 05/23/2010

Gidas Flowers did a wonderful job with our wedding! The flowers were exactly as I had envisioned, and looked stunning. I cannot tell you how many compliments I received from people at my wedding asking where I had gotten my flowers. The staff at Gidas even went the extra mile delivering on Sunday (which was my wedding day) even though they are usually closed that day. They even went back to the reception site Sunday night to pickup their elevated centerpiece stands because my venue needed them out the same night.

Sent on 07/09/2010

Lauren · Married on 08/22/2009

I cannot say enough about the quality of service and product we received from Gidas Flowers. The floral expert, Carole, as well as the store owner, Laurie Gidas, was beyond helpful when it came to our flowers for the wedding.
    With a large bridal party, I had the daunting task of keeping all floral touches to a $1000 budget. When I told Carole this, she made it happen perfectly. When I received our bouquets the day of the wedding they almost brought me to tears. They were exactly as we had requested and more.
    Beyond this extraordinary attention to details, both Carole and Laurie were always kind, prompt and willing to listen. When I missed a meeting due a family emergency they were so understanding and concerned, I felt like they were members of our family.
    I cannot recommend Gidas flowers enough to Pittsburgh brides.

Sent on 09/08/2009

Carly · Married on 06/27/2009

I have nothing but glowing things to say about Gidas Flowers! We originally decided to have a consultation at Gidas because of its proximity to our ceremony venue. We went into the meeting with Carol knowing our wedding colors and a couple of flower types that we were interested in. Carol took our colors/flowers and showed us several pictures of bouquets she had done for previous clients. She was willing to answer all of our questions and was very easy to talk to. She came up with a estimate that was comparable (even a bit lower) than other places in the city we had considered (one sidenote: if you pay with credit card, you have to pay an additional fee).

On the day of my wedding, I remembered that I had forgotten to pickup a flower that I wanted to put in my hair. I ran into the shop, and not only did Carol give me the flower, but offered to run over to my hairdresser's to help her put the flower in (which she did). She also gave me a sneak peek at my bouquet. They were incredible, a really unique arrangement with bold colors. Carol did an excellent job. When we arrived at our ceremony venue later that evening, the flowers were waiting. Throughout the evening, I received many compliments on everything from my bouquet to the bouts.

The bottom line: Carol went above and beyond to make our day perfect. The flowers were even more beautiful than I had imagined. Highly recommended for Pittsburgh brides!

Sent on 07/14/2009

Jessica · Married on 04/04/2009

Gidas Flowers made our wedding perfect! The staff was extremely helpful in helping us pick our flower arrangements as I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to that. Carol was the main staff member we dealt with and she made picking out flowers a stress free and fun part of our wedding "chores". They were very willing to work with us and meet our needs for whatever it was we wanted to do for our perfect day. The girls bouquets were amazing and when I walked into the reception and saw the center pieces I couldn't have been happier. They did a beautiful job setting up the flowers in the hall and on our cake. I actually had multiple guests tell me weeks later how shocked they were at how long the arrangements lasted. I would highly suggest Gidas Flowers for any event!!!

Sent on 08/02/2010

Angela · Married on 05/14/2008

Owner who met with me was very nice and accommodating to my needs and price range.

Sent on 09/03/2008

Jackie · Married on 06/13/2015

We worked with Carole for our wedding and she did an AMAZING job with our flowers. After our first consult I felt completely confident that Gidas was perfect for us! It was evident that Carole had a vision and she took all my thoughts and combined them into a perfect representation of everything I wanted. I would gladly recommend the team at Gidas to anyone!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Gidas did a fabulous job with our wedding flowers. The flower arrangements, bouquets, and boutonnieres were all beautiful and held up great throughout the day of festivities. Laurie was a pleasure to work with and we really appreciated her professionalism and expertise. Thank you Gidas for helping to make our wedding the best day ever!

Sent on 08/16/2014

Caitlyn · Married on 08/09/2014

My wedding flowers turned out fabulous! Having been deployed up until 3 weeks before my wedding and talking with Laurie over Facetime, I really didn't know what to expect. What a wonderful surprise to see how she perfectly captured the vintage feel I was going for! I showed her pictures of my dress and she was already very familiar with my venue (the PAA) and played up the old world elaborate feel perfectly on a budget. Thank you, Gidas Flowers, for designing beautiful flowers for my wedding day!!

Sent on 08/14/2014

Monica · Married on 05/10/2014

Laurie and Carol were fabulous! Laurie is very receptive and helpful via email as I was not in the area- even sending pictures/ideas back and forth to see what may work and what wouldn't. They were both very helpful in finding the most affordable way to get the look I wanted. During our meetings they were able to show me samples and play around with the flowers to show me what things would look like which made me feel very comfortable knowing we were on the same page. They have done weddings at many of the local churches and venues which was convenient as they were familiar with what was best in those venues and the other vendors worked well together.

My flowers were a little more expensive than planned but that was due to the increased costs over Mother's Day weekend. They made sure to inform me of this in advance and work with me to keep within a budget I was comfortable with.

Sent on 06/09/2014

3.5

Gida's was great. My flowers for my wedding reception turned out wonderful. The only thing I would have changed was that my bride bouquet there were a couple of ivory roses turning brown, they should have made sure these flowers were perfect! Aside from that, all was good.

Sent on 08/17/2012

Miriam Grundman · Married on 05/25/2019

3.0

I was an atypical bride. Gidas helped a lot.

Gidas was the first vendor I hired, they were recommended by our venue.

When we had our first conversation to plan, I felt sorry for the consultant. I was pressed into getting flowers by my family. I have never been interested in cut flowers or a bouquet, but my mother got really sad when I said I didn't want flowers so... the venue suggested Gidas.

At our first meeting, the consultant was energetic and happy, she didn't know that I didn't have any particular feelings about flowers. I was honest and told her. She was surprised, but very professional about it. She asked me many questions to elicit what types of flowers I would like. She guided me towards understanding my options for decor. She knew my venue well and guided me to minimalist centerpieces (apparently there is an actual name for the type of decorations I like?) that would appease my family, and not intimidate me.

This conversation with a Gidas consultant helped me realize that I needed a more solid plan for wedding planning. Her questions helped me ask questions of other vendors and organize the wedding party.

As I continued wedding planning, I gradually learned more about decorations and developed a more clear idea of the flowers I would like. I contacted Gidas and they incorporated my ideas.

Sent on 08/05/2019