Gidas Flowers Reviews

Gidas Flowers 3
Gidas Flowers 4
Gidas Flowers 5

Alexandra Fairbend · Married on 10/12/2019

Easy Planning and Incredible Results!

Gidas Flowers was an incredible vendor to work with for our October wedding. We initially booked Gidas without an in-person consultation as we live out of state – a simple phone call and browse through their wedding gallery and we knew they were the right vendor for us. At our consultations, it felt like Jason and Laurie read my mind when they created a sample bouquet and centerpiece that was exactly what I was hoping for. In addition to the beautiful bouquets, Gidas created simple, elegant centerpieces for our reception, and an incredible floral installation to decorate the arch used for our outdoor ceremony. We couldn’t recommend Gidas enough.

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Jarrod

Jarrod · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing Job

Gidas did a great job finding, and using our chosen flowers. They had great ideas we would have never thought of, and did a fantastic job on our dog's collar (she was our flower girl).

Gidas Flowers 6
    Gidas Flowers 7
    Gidas Flowers 8
    Gidas Flowers 9
    Gidas Flowers 10
    Sent on 09/26/2019

Ellen Dinsmoor · Married on 09/01/2019

Best vendor for our entire wedding!

Probably the best vendor we used for our wedding. Beautiful arrangements, but also very flexible with our price range, weekend of logistics, etc. Can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Heather · Married on 08/17/2019

Great team to work with and beautiful arrangements

Gidas was amazing to work with and my flowers were gorgeous!! I came to Jason and Laurie without a real vision of flowers in mind, but through simple conversation of options, Jason created a beautiful proposal of classic cream roses and more! The team was punctual, responsive, and involved. I loved our arrangements of flowers and received an array of compliments! Thank you Gidas for the most beautiful flowers I didn't even realize I was envisioning for my day!!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Giavonna M Marinelli · Married on 07/20/2019

Our experience was amazing

Our entire experience working with Gida's was a breeze! They helped bring my dreams to life. We loved working with them! I would recommend them to anyone in the Pittsburgh area!!!

Sent on 08/02/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 07/13/2019

A family business with lots of experience

Laurie was so wonderful to work with. I knew nothing about flowers when I walked into their shop, but I felt very confident in them when I left. I had met with other florists, and none of them made me feel as comfortable as this one. Laurie spent time meeting with us, pulling samples of flowers so we could visualize exactly what we were getting. This is a family business, and it shows. Laurie even went the extra mile to meet with me a 2nd time closer to the wedding, attach a charm (a gift with photos of my late grandparents) to my bouquet, and help us choose the little details, like the perfect ribbon for the corsages. They did not push any purchases on us that weren't necessary and helped us stay within a reasonable price.

Gidas Flowers 11
    Gidas Flowers 12
    Gidas Flowers 13
    Gidas Flowers 14
    Gidas Flowers 15
    Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Mary

Mary Hall · Married on 07/05/2019

Beautiful, affordable, flexible.. so great!

An awesome business that I coincidentally booked out of convenience turned out to be one of the best decisions! So grateful to Laurie for all her help in formulating and delivering the plan for our arrangements, she was so helpful for my indecisive mind! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Sara

Sara Elizabeth · Married on 06/01/2019

Beautiful and Elegant

Working with Gidas Flowers was amazing. Laurie knew so much about flowers, thank gosh because I didn't! She listened to exactly what I wanted and they were beyond what I was expecting. We definitely recommend this shop for your wedding flower needs!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Phebe Lockyer · Married on 06/01/2019

Loved working with Gidas

Gidas, and specifically, Laurie was absolutely wonderful to work with for my wedding. I didn't have a precise vision of what I wanted for my wedding flowers, but at our initial meeting, Laurie helped guide me based on pictures I found on Pinterest and photos of the venue. When it came time for the mock up, it wasn't quite what we had envisioned, and on the spot she fixed it and made it perfect! It just goes to show how much she understood my vision and her desire to get it right. Throughout the process they were very communicative with me and with my wedding planners. The flowers at my wedding were show stopping, and I am so, so glad I chose Gidas!

Gidas Flowers 16
    Sent on 07/01/2019
  • madisonelis

Madison · Married on 05/25/2019

amazing, would choose them again!

I am SO happy I went with Gidas Flowers. They were a great team to work with and were very affordable and really worked with me on keeping the costs to fit into my budget while also answering all my questions (which were a lot!!)… They gave me ideas on their own while totally doing what I asked. Between my mother and I we could be kinda bossy at times (I was a bride who knew what she wanted!) and they totally worked with us and were so nice and cooperative. Very responsive and I do not have one single complaint. They did a fabulous job. Thank you so much!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5vhOXpcq-I to check out our wedding video which shoes the reception beautifully. Modern simple babies breath and all white reception with pops of color during cocktail hour.

Gidas Flowers 17
    Gidas Flowers 25
    Gidas Flowers 26
    Sent on 06/25/2019

Kate · Married on 10/06/2018

Gidas made the most perfect bouquets and boutineers for our wedding! They were stunningly beautiful. Gidas were kind, patient, and helpful throughout the entire process. They delivered to the chapel right on time and were reasonably priced as well. I would definitely recommend their services!

Sent on 10/08/2018
  • Maddison

Maddison Miller · Married on 10/06/2018

They understood my vision immediately and made it happen easily!

I highly recommend Gidas! I told them what I was looking for and the product delivered was spot on! I received so many compliments on the flowers for my fall wedding! 100% satisfied with Gidas! You will not be disappointed!

Gidas Flowers 27
    Gidas Flowers 28
    Gidas Flowers 29
    Sent on 10/29/2018

Hannah · Married on 06/09/2018

We used Gidas for our June wedding and they were awesome! Our ceremony was at Heinz Chapel and since they are familiar with the venue, the flowers were ready to go for us when we arrived at the Chapel. During planning, we had an appointment to see the sample centerpiece for the reception and they had made a few changes to what we talked about during the consultation and I was so happy because they made additions that I was going to suggest myself. My fiancé was also particular about the boutonnieres and didn't want large flowers and they put together some eucalyptus and wax flowers and it made both of us happy. Would definitely recommend because the flowers were beautiful and the staff was so pleasant to work with.

Sent on 06/27/2018

Jamie · Married on 06/02/2018

Gidas Flowers put together the wedding floral arrangements of my dreams! Laurie, Carole and Jason were a pleasure to work with, and they made my vision come to life! While their range of offerings and work was incredibly broad (such a plus!), they were able to perfectly pinpoint and provide suggestions to match our aesthetic and give us the clean, classic and elegant look we were going for. Coming from someone like me who is obsessed with flowers, I can say these were the most gorgeous wedding arrangements I have ever seen! And an added bonus, almost two weeks after my wedding, I still have my bridesmaids rose bouquets in water and they are look just about as perfect as they did the day of. Would recommend over and over again!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Anne · Married on 03/03/2018

I was more than pleased with all the flowers at my daughter's recent wedding. The bouquets were even more beautiful than I imagined and the centerpieces were exactly what I pictured. The guests were extremely complimentary about the centerpieces! And Gidas was very reasonble as well!!!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Erica · Married on 10/20/2017

Absolutely stunning. The staff is incredible, prompt, and kind. Will recommend them to everyone! So thankful they were a part of our big day. The flowers were gorgeous. By far some of the nicest people we worked with.

Gidas Flowers 30
    Gidas Flowers 31
    Sent on 10/23/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 08/26/2017

My flower were more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. Our consultation was easy and I never felt overwhelmed or intimidated. The flowers arrived flawless and gorgeous. The best part was they didn't break the bank either. I felt I got everything I paid for and it was such incredible quality.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Sierra · Married on 07/29/2017

Gidas did an amazing job with all of our flowers. We used them for our wedding day and could not be happier. We initially had family health issues arise so we put wedding planning on hold (even though we only had a few months left) they stayed in contact and reached out to me as I had a lot going on. If it weren't for them staying in contact we wouldn't have had a florist and by some miracle they still had our wedding date available. I would not recommend waiting as they do a great job and book up fast. I changed my mind from the initial meeting months prior and did so right before the final payment. They were more than accommodating. My bouquet changed as well as the bridesmaids to entirely different flowers as well as centerpieces. On the wedding day I was so nervous since I had not seen a sample because I changed everything but I was amazed my bouquet was stunning and exactly what I wanted! The centerpieces were beautiful and really fit for our venue and reflected our style perfectly. They also did the floral arrangements for the aisle. The most amazing part besides them arriving on time and working with wedding coordinator to get everything where it needed to be was that the flowers were perfect (did not wilt out in the sun or brown and the next morning when we went to cleanup they were all still in perfect condition including centerpieces that were left in a barn overnight in middle of summer. That shows you the quality of flowers they use. I would recommend them to anyone that wants professional people that will make floral arrangements exactly like how they want and communicate with them throughout the process.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Tim · Married on 06/24/2017

The Gidases have been longtime friends of my parents, and when it came time to plan the arrangements for our wedding, there was no questions that we would go with them! Both of my sisters had their flowers done by Gidas, and they have always done such an amazing job.

Our initial meeting was with Jason. We came with pictures of types of flowers that we liked (including succulents) and ideas of color schemes. Jason was able to find flowers that complimented those that we liked, and really arranged some beautiful pieces. A few weeks before the wedding, we met back up with Jason to go over an actual piece, and it looked even better than we imagined. The team at Gidas did a wonderful job getting all of the pieces just right. They worked with our venue to set up delivery and everything was managed very well. The whole team was professional and amazing. We would definitely recommend them to anyone planning a wedding in the Pittsburgh area.

Sent on 08/13/2017

Becca · Married on 04/08/2017

Carole and her staff did such a great job with our wedding at Wildwood Golf Club. She knew exactly what I was talking about when I described different spaces, and helped work with my now-husband and I to create the space we wanted. On our wedding day, everything showed up looking fresh and beautiful, and now five days later I am still looking at a gorgeous bouquet on my desk. I look forward to using Gida's again for any and all of our flower needs in the future.

Sent on 04/13/2017

Katie · Married on 10/15/2016

Gidas Flowers was the perfect choice for our wedding at Soldiers and Sailors. They had worked the venue before so they could really give us an idea of what would look good in such a large (high ceiling) venue. They were especially helpful as the initial planning occurred over the phone (I live out-of-state) while scrolling through a gallery of their previous work. The in-person mock-up session of our table flower arrangements blew me away. They even accommodated us to allow for a Saturday morning visit! The flowers looked fantastic on our wedding day. I especially loved my bouquet. It was exactly what I was imagining and it held up really well from the first-look through the end of the reception.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Christina · Married on 10/01/2016

Gida's made ordering our flowers effortless! After our first meeting I had nothing to worry about up to the day. We only used flowers for bouquets and boutonnieres (we chose various candles for our centerpieces) but they didn't make me feel any less important of a client or that my order was not a priority just because it wasn't large. They knew exactly which flowers to use to get the looks and colors I wanted (helpful because I know very little about types of flowers) and helped to stay within my budget while keeping the vision I wanted. Everything was delivered right on time the morning of and stayed beautiful and fresh the entire day.

Sent on 02/28/2017

Courtney · Married on 10/31/2015

Gidas provided us with our flowers. They came out beautiful. We set up a meeting about 6 months before our wedding and discussed what our color scheme was. Gidas was able to put together a sample of what they thought would look good for our colors and it turned out amazing. We loved working with them. They were so helpful and provided very beautiful arrangements and center pieces.

Sent on 12/22/2015
  • firefly314

Chelsea · Married on 10/24/2015

Gidas Flowers wowed me from the first consultation I had with them. Laurie and Carole were fantastic to work with and put me at ease. The perk of having the consultation in the shop is that Carole was able to run in the back and grab a flower she wanted to show me. She even spray painted some seeded eucalyptus as an example for me and showed me pictures of how they would incorporate it into the bouquets and centerpieces. Flowers are a lot of money but they were the only decor we were having. Gidas worked with us to give us everything we wanted and made great suggestions on how we could save a little bit of money as well. We purchased bouquets, centerpieces, boutonnieres, flower girl petals, toss bouquet, aisle runner, glass votives and ceremony decor from Gidas for the wedding. On the day of the wedding, I was floored with how amazing the flowers were. They were even able to incorporate part of my mothers dress into my bouquet which was perfect. From start to finish, Gidas was phenomenal and were consummate professionals.

Sent on 11/08/2015
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I used Gidas Flowers for our floral wedding decorations just a few weeks ago. We were impressed from the very beginning. They worked hard to stay within our budget, and were patient with us as we knew nothing about flowers at all. We had a few minor changes throughout the process, and they were great communicators the whole time. They created beautiful arrangements for the day of, including my bouquet, my bridesmaids’ bouquets, a small throw-away bouquet, boutonnières for our groomsmen and dads, corsages for our moms, and two large basket arrangements for in front of our church’s altar. (We planned on reusing everything for the reception.) All I knew going into our first appointment was that I wanted Fall-themed flowers, and they did a great job. Since our wedding was on a Saturday at 11am and they wouldn’t be able to deliver in time that morning, we had to pick up our flowers Friday afternoon. Everything worked out great and they were very accommodating. My then-fiancé picked up the flowers as arranged, and they were prepared and helped him load them into the car. They told me in advance everything that I would need to preserve the flowers overnight, and they were in beautiful shape for the wedding the next morning. They did a great job and we heartily recommend them!

Sent on 10/30/2015