64 Reviews for Gianna's Bridal & Boutique

Jewelry (1)
Sample Gowns (1)
Undergarments (1)
63 Gianna's Bridal & Boutique Reviews

My daughter and I went to Gianna’s in search of a MOB dress for her wedding this coming September. I had called in search of a particular Cameron Blake dress. Though no shop had the dress, Nancy assured me that I would find a dress there as they have a large selection of Cameron Blake. This was my 3rd bridal shop I had been to, including the large well known shop where my daughter bought her wedding gown. I am so happy I drove to Stoneham on Sunday to look. How happy their small shop made me. The service was incredible. I could not have been treated better anywhere. They have their seamstress that can make sleeves for a dress because they will just order more material along with the dress order. UNBELIEVABLE! No other bridal shop even indicated that sleeves could ever be an option on a sleeveless dress. I Said Yes To My MOB Dress! This is the only shop you need to visit.

Profile Picture Cindy, 9/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I loved working with all the staff at Gianna’s Bridal! Everyone was so kind and accommodating. I went in on my own to look for dresses on a whim back in October. They brought me dresses until I had a few that I liked and made note of them so that I could come back in with my bridesmaids for their advice. They let me take pictures and even held up my phone so that I could video chat with my mom who wouldn’t be able to see the dress in person. I absolutely loved my dress and the alterations process was simple. I ended up purchasing my bridesmaids’ dresses from Gianna’s as well. There was a tiny issue with one of the bridesmaids’ dresses that we didn’t realize until a week before the wedding, but they were able to fix it in time! Everyone looked beautiful on the wedding day! I’d highly recommend this shop to anyone looking for a wedding dress.

Profile Picture Kristal, 7/15/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Formal Gowns, Veils, Bride, Bridesmaids

Gianna and her team made my wedding dress dreams a reality! After buying the wrong dress (more than once...) another chain bridal stores, I found Gianna's Bridal to restart my search a few months before my wedding. Gianna helped me choose a dress (Mikaella 1851), and I was able to buy it at a discount off the rack (bonus: no need to wait for it to come in!). The dress, although perfect, however, was 3 sizes too big, and Gianna and her seamstress were able to mold the dress to my body for a perfect fit! I was so happy with the results, and I couldn't imagine wearing any other dress on my big day! Other great things: Gianna honored her quotes for alterations, even when we had to do extra rounds, and she even stayed open late to accommodate my schedule; her staff is so nice; the place is never too busy or crowded.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/21/16, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Bride

I LOVED Gianna and all of her wonderful staff! If you are looking for a shop that is going to take care of you, listen to your concerns, do FANTASTIC alterations all while not breaking a considerable amount of bank, than this is your place. I found Gianna through the Private Label/ Kenneth Winston dress site. She was the only game around to have my dream dress available to try on. I drove the quick ride to Stoneham one Saturday afternoon, all by myself. I had tried on about 10 gowns in very fancy shops, but I knew I had to try this one dress on before I made a decision. As soon as I walked in the door, I knew I was going to find my dress in Gianna's. I was so glad to see that it was a normal, regular store owned by a local woman who employs local ladies. Not one of those commercial shops or some fancy farce you see on tv...No, these are real women whose job is to help you choose the best dress for you--not the best dress for their bottom line. Some people might find the size of the shop unappealing, but I found it comforting to know that Gianna is only stocking the best of the most reasonably-priced wedding dresses. Don't be fooled...you do NOT need to spend $10k on a wedding gown in order look like and feel like the most beautiful girl in the room. Let these women help you find the dress that will do that for you. You won't be pressured or led astray! Eventually I brought my mother to the shop with me so she could see the dress, and she too was so impressed at the level of service we received by Gianna and her staff. I purchased the dress that day and never looked back! Gianna made the whole process of ordering, altering and picking up my dress very relaxed. I'm truly a little sad that I don't have any reason to go back and see the girls!

Profile Picture Samantha, 2/20/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Sample Gowns, Undergarments, Veils
1.2

SHOP AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! One of the worst experiences I have had in a long time. First off, the bridesmaid's dress took 5 months to come in when I was told it would take no more than 12 weeks. I was told by the assistant that I needed to order a dress two sizes larger than my pant size and I had to order a longer length because of my height. The longer length was also an additional cost. The dress finally came in two weeks before the wedding and I ended up needing to have 9 inches removed from the length, 4.5 inches taken off of the straps, the back taken in, the chest taken in, and the waist taken in. By then the dress was the same size as my pant size and was the normal length (which was what I had wanted to order from the beginning but I was told that would not work). I had to spend a few hundred dollars in alterations which cost me more than the dress itself. When I called and asked for a refund or discount of some kind the owner was extremely rude, kept making excuses instead of apologizing for the poor service, was very condescending and even had the gall to tell me I don't know my own pant size, and kept interrupting me everytime I tried to speak. I will not be bringing my business back and strongly encourage others to reconsider bringing business here, as well. What a horrible experience.

Profile Picture User5358293, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Gianna's was a fabulous experience! I got my dream dress for less and the ladies were very accommodating and helpful!

Profile Picture User3319237, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
2.6

I gave this rating a good score on flexibility only because when I called they let me come right in to try on gowns. When I walked in with my mom and sister we waited for about ten minutes to be helped. The bridal gowns are all in the back room of the store CRAMMED and stuffed in, you can barely see what they look like and we had barely any help the entire time there. Myself, and my mom and sister pulled the dresses (which were very heavy) and my mom got me into a few. The little room was so warm and we were working up a sweat trying to pull some gowns in order to could see them. As we were there, the phone was ringing off the hook and the woman answering the calls kept saying "we'll call you back" to everyone. I feel the service would not be good and I wouldn't trust them with my dress so I went elsewhere.

Profile Picture User3649617, 2+ years ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I can not say enough great things about Gianna's! I had the best experience shopping there, it literally was a hidden gem. I tried on a lot of dresses before trying Gianna's, I went to the store unaware that I would find my dream gown. When arrived i was helped by a nice girl, she was very honest and gave her opinion when it was needed. I informed her that I was self-concious about my mid section and was looking for an A-line gown. She told me to step out of the box and try things I wouldn't imagine.. so I did & it was amazing. I ended up with a gorgeous form fitting gown from San Patrick. Gianna the owner is so sweet and helpful she helped me with a few of my fittings. I was also able to get my alterations done by the seamstress there she is awesome, and did a great job. The store is very very small, but it is packed with a ton of options, I would advise you to make an appointment before shopping there so you have the place to yourself. Gianna also has a line of her own gowns that she designed and they are amazing, my final choice was between her gown & the one I ended up with! Thanks for everything Gianna, you and your team are fabulous!

Profile Picture Leanne, 5/23/15, 5 Reviews
1.8

I am the mother of the bride that was in tears because of Gianna's. We ordered her wedding gown in Oct for a May destination wedding and paid in FULL. Well the dress came in and it was the wrong color, won't admit to who's error but that doesn't matter. WE were never told of this until I started calling her one month before my daughter was leaving for her destination wedding. We kept being told that the dress was going to be shipped out this weekend. It was two weeks before and still nothing. I am calling on a daily basis because my daughter could not talk to her without breaking down in tears. I finally suggested that she start calling around the Boston area to see if anyone had the gown instock in the white on white. DUH - I was also calling all of the bridal shops in and around Albany NY hoping to find something. She, Gianna promises that alterations for both my daughter the bride and other daughter the Matron of honor will have free alterations, she told me this. dress comes in 8 days before she leaves . She, Gianna, did take care of her alterations and droped everything. A minor alteration still had to be done but it was done while we waited. Went to pay and Gianna lied. She charged my other daughter, the matron of honor, for her alternations and denied what she told me before. Since we had so many problems, all my daughter wanted to do was to get out of that shop and never go back. I would not trust Gianna. She does not tell you the truth until she is backed into a corner and then she never keeps her word. My daughter did not have a good experience with her and unfortunately it was not an exciting time because 'HER" dress was not as promised.

Profile Picture User5102754, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

My dress was everything I could have imagined and after alterations it fit perfectly! The staff was wonderful. And their dress selection was a plenty. I also purchased my bridesmaids dresses and MOB/ MOG dresses here, my bridal party was stunning!

Profile Picture Stefania, 10/18/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I visited many bridal boutiques in and around Boston before finding my dream dress, and the amazing customer service at Gianna's that I experienced from Day 1 undoubtedly helped my decision.
Not all bridal salons allow you to take pictures. I get the reasoning why; they don't want you to shop around. However, when you're trying to remember dress details, this makes decisions infinitely more difficult. Because Gianna's allowed pictures, I found myself coming back to my pictures of (my future) dress again and again. There was also never a hard sell, which I appreciated. At some of the more glitz & glam salons, I was put into dresses (on purpose) that were 5x my budget, which made me resentful when I obviously fell in love. The sales staff at Gianna's are approachable, friendly and helpful. Gianna and her team would schedule last minute appointments for me at a moment's notice. They made the entire process easy, fun and exciting. I felt like I was working with family, that's how warm and inviting everyone was.
That said, their building is definitely very overstocked with product on the floor. The good news is that they are moving to a new location, so I am imagining great things.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/5/14, 5 Reviews
4.7

It was a pleasant experience overall. My sister purchased 3 dresses and I purchased one. They came in on time, although we are in the midst of alterations, no complaints. Both Gianna and Angela are efficient, Gianna is very observant and knows what looks good with what, a very keen eye for fashion. But most important of all, there is no deceipt I found the whole staff to be cordial and above all honest.

Profile Picture Aznive, 10/4/14, 1 Review
4.1

I got a great deal on my dress at Gianna's during a sale and the alterations were very reasonable. We went several times to Gianna's for fittings, and frequently we had to wait despite having an appointment. The seamstress was willing to work with me, and in the end the dress was a perfect fit. At times it felt as though they were rushing, but overall I was happy with the dress and received many compliments.

Profile Picture Stacey, 8/9/14, 3 Reviews
1.6

I got bridesmaid dresses here. They took much longer than they should have and there was little communication or care in regards to our concern. When we called, we were spoken to rudely. They even tried to have my bridesmaid's pay a second time after they were already paid in full.
Be careful..

Profile Picture User4253310, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I felt very comfortable with Joanie. She was helpful and positive without being overbearing. She was creative and very respectful of our budget. She even dimmed the light so we could see how my dress would look in low light.

I can't wait for my dress to come in to see what if anything we can do to enhance it.

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/1/14, 6 Reviews
0.0

BRIDES BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This place is horrific! What a dump, the owner is rude and the prices are outrageous. I went there for a bridesmaids dress. We ordered them by August 1st for a wedding in the first week of December per the shop to have them arrive in time. The owner called the bride in October and asked her to pay $20 per dress (there were 8 dresses ordered to rush the order or they wouldn't come in time!!!) They didn't even come in until November! Once they came in I went to have the dress altered, the owner Gianna pinned the dress after I waited there for 20 minutes while she finished a personal phone call. The alteration was all wrong and I had to wait an hour while the seamstress fixed it. What a disaster. I would NEVER EVER recommend this place to anyone! I have had better luck at David’s Bridal in Danvers and for a much better price!!!!

Profile Picture User3717478, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a great experience at Gianna's. Everyone there was very nice and helpful. They made it a bit like I was getting my dress from family. The dress took quite a bit longer to come in than they said it would, however, which was a little stressful. Luckily, I found the dress I wanted way before my wedding day.

Profile Picture Juliane, 11/10/13, 7 Reviews
3.4

So I have a 50/50 experience, I LOVE my dress I purchased from Gianna's and my mom loves her dress, HOWEVER our experience dealing with Gianna's shipping has been ridiculous and that is putting it nicely.

My dress was purchased and ordered in November of 2012, my wedding is November 2, 2013, and I was told my dress would be arriving in May of 2013.......that's fine, 7 months is expected with wedding dresses, well May, June, and July all came and went without Gianna's making any phone calls to me I had to call them repeatedly over and over, and while they were responsive when I made the calls they were not forth coming with details. My mom ordered her dress in late July from Gianna's and was told "We should have this before the end of September for you especially since the wedding is in November, well it is October 2nd and we were just told "well the dress won't probably be here until October 10th or 11th", this is really absurd. If you don't mind waiting for your dress get it from here because the dresses are really stunning and beautiful and amazing quality, but we are not getting our alterations done here and hopefully my poor mother won't have to walk down the isle in sweat pants because they don't have her dress in yet.

Profile Picture Kristin, 11/2/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I bought my dress here and it was the only place that carried it! Staff is knowledgable and helpful!

Profile Picture Cheryl, 10/20/13, 5 Reviews
4.3

I can't say enough about Gianna's tailoring of my dress!! I didn't buy it there, but she was willing to do the alterations for me because I bought it out of town. It looks gorgeous and fits like a glove. And she is very reasonably priced (it was $375 to shorten my dress, take it in throughout, and bustle).

They were a little slow to respond when I had questions, but it was worth it to have impeccable tailoring. Thanks Gianna!

Profile Picture User3606598, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
2.6

I'm really surprised at the good reviews this place has- maybe I went in with really high expectations because of the reviews. I will say that I did not purchase a gown here, but I did come here to try on wedding dresses.
As soon as I walked in the door, an older woman took me to the back, didn't even introduce herself and proceeded to tell me all the dresses were hung according to designer. She asked me what styles I liked and I told her, explained which fabrics I liked, etc. She pulled out dresses that were the exact opposite of what I told her. Okay- that's fine, my mom was helping me look anyways. They do have a lot of gowns here but it's impossible to get a good look at any of them because they're so crammed in.
The woman told me to take what I wanted off the rack and go put it on myself. Hmm.. my mom ended up helping me into 6 or so dresses. As I walked around the tiny room in the dresses, I got beads and pins stuck in my toes and feet... that's when the woman said "oh yeah, you better put your shoes back on". I thought maybe the place could use a good vacuuming. And I know this might not matter much to some, but since most people wear shoes there to try on the dresses, all of the samples have serious damage to them- I'm not just talking about missing beads- I'm talking ripped zippers, ripped trains, and just ripped in general-- I think that's really sad- some brides find their gown as samples in some stores!!
After visiting other bridal shops, I think the professionalism here is certainly lacking. I said I liked a dress and asked for the information on it just to appease the woman, but in all honesty I'm never going back.

Profile Picture Nancy, 9/1/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Gianna and her staff helped me find the most amazing wedding dress! The staff is professional, knowledgable and extremely helpful. A little gem, but they carry a wide selection of beautiful gowns and very reasonably priced. Thank you again for making me feel like a princess on my big day!

Profile Picture Karla, 6/22/13, 3 Reviews
1.7

Gianna's is very crowded so you can't slide the dresses along the racks to look at them. This wasn't too much of a problem because the girl who was assigned to me did a great job of picking dresses based on what I said I liked and what worked on me. I tried on a bunch of lacy ones, which i thought worked best, but the girl helping us picked out a wildcard dress that she thought might work on my body type, and boom, that was the one. My mom and pregnant sister were there with me, and we had a lot of fun: there was crying, laughing, singing, it was great.

That's where the greatness ends, though. I ordered my dress in July. They told me it would be ready in 5-6 months. I called again in January and they told me it was due to be shipped on March 1. My wedding is June 1. I then asked about my bridesmaids dress, which were conveniently also due to ship March 1. I then asked about my headpiece, which conveniently had "just arrived today". Note that they did not offer any of the information on the other orders at the same time and obviously didn't call when the headpiece came in like they said they would. It seems like they tell the manufacturer to ship the dress three months before the wedding. I don't know if this is standard, but it would be nice if they told the customers. That way I would have said my wedding was April 1.

The bridesmaids dresses arrived at some point, but they failed to call me about those too, of course. Even when I called to ask if my dress was ready, they didnt offer the information that the bridesmaids were in; I had to ask. It's all in the same manilla folder. My dress has still not arrived. The customer service is awful. The only information I can get from them is "it should be here next week". (Said each week about the next.) It seems reasonable for them to get precise shipping information for a $1200 product that is late.

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/1/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

When I went into Gianna's I had gone through several fittings in other stores and always left in tears (not good ones). I walked into Gianna's and instantly were transported into my grandmothers dress shop. Gianna and her staff were AMAZING. I was on a tight schedule and everyone at Gianna's was wonderful about communicating with me where we were in the process. When my dress came in I had lost a significant amount of weight. After taking in 5 inches on the dress they worked wonders and made the dress look like it was made for me! Thank you again Gianna and your team!
XOXO-
Kendra

Profile Picture Kendra, 5/11/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I got the dress of my dreams through Gianna's Bridal. The sales consultant asked me what I was looking for, and imediately picked out the dress that I ended up chosing. I asked about adding on silk covered buttons to the back and adjusting the fit; both additions came out beautifully. Gianna is an amazing seamstress and the dress still looks gorgeous after a few trips through the snow and a long long night of dancing.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 1/6/13, 5 Reviews