Get Dolled Up Reviews

18 | Milwaukee, WI

18 Reviews for Get Dolled Up

18 Get Dolled Up Reviews

Tara · Married on 07/29/2017

I sort of dropped the ball on booking hair and makeup for my wedding party, but I was able to book Get Dolled Up less than a month before my wedding. They were also really accommodating in scheduling a hair and makeup trial, which I did a few days before the wedding (it was a bit of a destination wedding). The same person did my trial and my hair and makeup the day of, and she was fantastic. She rolled up with a whole team and they were able to do hair and makeup for me, 6 bridesmaids, my mom and my grandma in about 3.5 hours. Everyone looked beautiful, and my airbrush makeup lasted all night, which was a small miracle.

casey · Married on 10/01/2016

Melissa was fabulous, did everything I could ever want. She made me and my girls beautiful.

Elizabeth · Married on 08/06/2016

I received my bridal beauty services at Get Dolled Up this August. I found the entire staff to be well organized (they had me book my trial and my final cut and color so that I had everything scheduled well in advance). When I called with questions, my inquiries were answered promptly and thoroughly. Melissa, my hairstylist, is amazing! I showed her a few pictures of updos and she made my vision a reality. I wanted to dance the night away at our wedding and my hair was in place the entire evening. Melissa is exactly the person you want to hang out with the morning of your wedding. She'd calm, cool, collected and funny! I felt completely comfortable and in good hands. The salon gave me several recommendations for a make-up artist. I spoke with their referrals and was able to arrange to have them join us at the salon in the morning. I really appreciated being able to coordinate these services.

Lauren · Married on 05/28/2016

Get Dolled Up was so wonderful! My bridesmaids and me got our hair and make up done in the salon the morning of. Everyone was extremely accommodating! Geri-Beth was very well organized and made sure we would have plenty of time to get everyone done in time. Melissa did my hair and she is absolutely fantastic and talented. The salon is so fun inside, it was a great atmosphere to get ready and spend time with my bridesmaids. I would totally recommend Get Dolled Up to anyone looking for hair and make-up for a wedding!

Megan · Married on 10/24/2015

Beauty is not something I am very familiar with, I am not the most glamorous of women, so the idea of looking very feminine on my special day was stressful for me. I had been seeing Melissa M for some time before this and knew she was the ONLY option to turn me into the goddess I wanted to become on my wedding day. She is a creative, fun, reassuring and talented woman. She not only gave me one great style option for my hair at my trial, but in a panic a few days before my wedding she was able to fit me in again, with a smile on her face, to try something completely different. On the day of my wedding she was a lifesaver, she could tell how nervous I was for the day to begin so she told me jokes, found a stellar music station on her phone and helped remind me of the love I share with my husband. She was even able to, on the spot, fix my mother's hair that a different hair stylist cut poorly. Melissa doesn't just cut/style/dye hair, she makes each session personal with an artistic flair and puts her heart into what she does and I will never put my head in the hands of anyone else.

Very fast, professional, and provided all of the modern do's my girls were looking for!

Brenda · Married on 10/03/2015

Get Dolled Up provided hair services onsite for myself and my wedding party. I wouldn't have trusted anyone else with my wedding day look! We had a large group and they came to our hotel with appropriate staff, super flexible, prepared and ready to go to ensure we remained on time. They were fun, worked quickly yet got every strand of hair in just the right place and you could tell they had tons of wedding day experience (extra bobby pins, extra hairspray, prepping hair before styling for extra long wear, etc.). When the very young flower girl pulled her hair out, they even took the time to fix it up last minute for us. They went above and beyond and it definitely showed in our ultra glam looks that day! Thank you Get Dolled Up for making us all feel so beautiful and pampered!

Amber · Married on 04/25/2015

I had the pleasure of working with Melissa M for my bridal hair, and she made me feel like a movie star! My hair didn't grow as long as I wanted to for the style I wanted but Melissa made it work! I loved my hair and it came out better than I could have imagined. Melissa also styled my 4 bridesmaids hair, and they couldn't stop raving about how much they liked their hair, and how well it held all night long! Melissa was punctual, very professional, and so very excellent at what she dose. Planning a wedding can be very stressful, but if you book with Melissa or any one of the talented hairstylists at Get Dolled Up MKE and there will be no need to stress about your tresses!!

Cassie · Married on 12/12/2014

I cannot say enough good things. I had a destination wedding and a reception back at home. Geri Beth styled my hair for both and it was perfect both times. I dealt with all the elements (rain, wind, humidity) and my hair stayed perfect the entire day, was great for pictures and was comfortable. I recommend Get Dolled Up to everyone.

Daniela · Married on 10/18/2014

I can't help but echo the words of another review of Melissa M.'s services. I am also far from glamorous or knowing anything about beauty and style. Melissa has been doing my hair for years and of course, there was no one else I would have turned to on my wedding day. Not only did she style my hair, she did several of my bridesmaids and even worked ahead by purchasing some beautiful hair accessories she thought would be perfect - of course they were. She dealt with a bridesmaid who wanted hair exactly like mine and gently convinced her to match the other maids and she looked exceptional (and they maid thought so too). I was nervous as hell on my wedding day to be in front of all those people and felt like getting sick every other minute. Melissa had an incredible way of calming me down, making jokes, getting my mind off of things, and making me feel like I was the most gorgeous person in the room. When it came time for the reception, she helped me throughout the night by touching up, fixing up, and even adding some new touches so I could look just a little different for the night. I wouldn't hesitate for one single second to recommend her services to every bride as I know how important it is to look incredible on this very important day!!!

Courtney · Married on 07/26/2014

Geri-Beth is wonderful - she has been doing my hair since 2009! She was the only one I would consider for my big day and she made me feel BEAUTIFUL! Her space was perfect for photographing the morning, and all were relaxed and having a wonderful time. Her team did such a phenomenal job helping all the ladies choose a style that fit them and worked with their hair. Seriously can't say enough about all of the amazing individuals at get dolled up!

Mandi · Married on 08/10/2013

Geri Beth made me feel like a princess on my wedding day! I decided to go for a non-traditional style: long, loose waves with a ton of volume on an August day! Instead of trying to talk me into something else, she told me how much she loved my vision and helped me achieve it. Over the months before my wedding we discussed color, length, and decided to add some clip in extensions which she matched brilliantly to my color and were seamless. In the weeks before the wedding I came in for a "practice" appointment, where we talked over what we would do the day of the wedding and I walked out feeling amazing, knowing that my hair was the last thing I would have to worry about on my wedding day. On the actual day she took the time to make me feel special and attended to my every need. I shared a vision with her of how I wanted to look on my wedding day and she did exactly that. My hair held up all day and all night, and whenever people see my wedding album, the first thing they usually say is "I LOVE YOUR HAIR!" She's got a client for life in me!

Kate · Married on 02/12/2011

The Get Dolled Up team was amazing! Would definitely recommend them for wedding hair and makeup.

Lauren · Married on 06/17/2017

Friendly and professional. Pricey if off-site services are needed.

Amanda · Married on 10/28/2016

Gei Beth and her team came to our hotel to do the hair for myself and my bridal party. It was an overall great experience! It was a fun start to my day. My hair turned out exactly how I wanted and it stayed in place all night long!

Justina · Married on 08/13/2017

We had a Sunday wedding and Get Dolled Up arranged for 2 stylists to came onsite. Melissa was fun to work with and flexible.

Lillian · Married on 06/24/2017

3.5

Get Dolled Up was very easy to work with and helpful. Kayla did my hair and makeup trial and for the wedding day. It took a couple trials till I found the hairdo that worked best for me and Kayla was patient and receptive to comments and ideas the whole time, which I really appreciated! I was not feeling the air brush makeup after my trial so they let me use my own products that I am comfortable with day to day! One thing that made me extremely uncomfortable and questioning their sanity was that on the day of the wedding, Kayla glued the first false eyelash on me and noticed they were too long so she trimmed it WHILE IT WAS STILL ON MY EYE O_O now I am no professional makeup guru or anything, but no artist I have seen has recommended doing that, especially on the girl's wedding day! Maybe it is normal to other people, but I definitely was not expecting it. What if my eye got poked right before the ceremony? So I am conflicted about that part, but at the end of the day I was happy with my hair and makeup. Only recommendation I have for Get Dolled Up is to plan ahead and don't take short cuts for the sake of your brides