Gershon Bachus Vintners Reviews

12 Reviews for Gershon Bachus Vintners

• Brianna

Brianna L. · Married on 09/19/2020

The MOST beautiful wedding

To say that my wedding was perfect is a massive understatement! Christina (one of the owners of the venue) and Stephanie (who helps with wedding coordinating) were both so incredible to work with! Christina is very organized and knows her stuff! She is a problem solver and goes out of her way to create the wedding of your dreams! Throughout the whole process of planning a wedding, there are so many small questions that come up along the way- and one of the things I appreciated the most was Christina’s prompt communication and willingness to help find options even if they weren’t readily available. The venue was absolutely breathtaking and the staff did such a great job setting up the reception site to fit our request for a fancy evening. The catering was DELICIOUS- the cocktail hour appetizers and the main entree were all so good! What really stood out about GBV is that it is a smaller winery that you can go to frequently as you’re planning your wedding and enjoy wine/tour the grounds- we got to know all of the staff really well throughout the process so it was exciting to finally celebrate with them on wedding day. I was also grateful that they close off the tasting room to the public on wedding day so it really feels like a grand event. Overall, they put out a real quality product and I couldn’t imagine having my wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 09/30/2020
  • Christina

Christina D. · Married on 11/09/2019

Best wedding venue - it has it all!

When we visited the venue, the stunning views stole our hearts. But when we met with the owner Christina and coordinator Kai, we knew we would be in excellent hands if we had our wedding there, so we booked it the next day! Kai was tremendous - she handled all the details, checked in regularly, and was present throughout the entire process. If we needed her, she was there and quick to reply! The day of my wedding, as I was getting ready to walk down the aisle, I was extremely nervous and Christina was there to help calm me down. She was so kind and warm - such a remarkable and caring person! I am so happy we booked this venue - the wine, the scenery, the valet parking, the FOOD, the people, EVERYTHING is TOP NOTCH! If you looking for a venue in Temecula - look no further - book GBV now!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Diane · Married on 06/09/2018

My daughter had her wedding here 08-04-2018 and we can not say enough about this venue. It is just the best. Her twin sister got married 8 weeks ago at a winery in Escondido, and it was lovely, but this wedding venue was outstanding! Lets start at the beginning. The planning portion is so easy. GBV has a list of outstanding vendors with reasonable pricing. From Sweet Pea Flowers, Jeremy Hersch DJ, Hulse Photographer, and Ginger the dessert lady, every thing was top notch and all the vendors went out of their way to make the day as special and stress free as possible. Then there is Christina ( the owner of this amazing property) and Kai ( wedding Angel). They helped us every step of the way. Everyone kept asking me why I was so relaxed, and it was because I was in such good hands. On Friday night the fun begins. We were able to drop off all of the supplies. The wedding and bridesmaids dresses, beer, soda and signs we had bought. The room was already set up to perfection by the end of the rehearsal so you can relax knowing its going to be beautiful. Christina is so organized and ran the rehearsal like a military operation and got the group in shape ( You need this kind of guidance by Friday evening) Another thing not to worry about. Then Saturday arrives. We got to the Bride room at 11am where there is plenty of room for hair and makeup and a wonderful opportunity for me to spend time with my daughter and the bridal party. Hulse photography came to take pictures at 3pm and the whole experience could not have been better. Then its time The guests arrived to a welcome sangria , in the shade, overlooking the beautiful grapes on the vine. and the beautiful views of the De Portola Wine area. Then they were escorted to the ceremony area The wedding ceremony is in its own area with a beautiful gazebo, rock waterfall and pond. OMG! Such a great venue

Sent on 08/21/2018

Carol L. · Married on 04/29/2017

Our daughter's wedding at GBV was absolutely perfect on every level this past weekend. I cannot adequately express (in the limited space allowed here) how amazing everything was, thanks to Christina and her flawless execution of every detail. Her talent, expertise, and personal touch brought our vision for this special day to fruition in a way that far exceeded our expectations...from beginning to end. We highly recommend the venue, the food, and most certainly the wine! Take the time to view their online gallery of photos; and be assured that the pictures don't exaggerate - they truly do reflect this gorgeous winery's warmth, elegance, and spectacular view of Temecula's Wine Country.

Sent on 05/08/2017

Chelsey · Married on 10/15/2016

This venue is everything I ever dreamed of!! I cannot say enough about Christina and the staff at GBV. From the first time we walked into the venue, to the last day we walked out, Christina ALWAYS made sure we were treated just like family. Every time we met with Christina, or just showed up for the fun of it, Christina greeted us and treated us to their AMAZING wines. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, Christina was there any time I had questions (which was a lot!), and helped me to ensure we had everything in place for the big day. Not only that, but she truly listened to us and tried to understand everything that WE wanted for our big day. We just loved how we could customize our big day to us! On the day of our wedding, Christina was a godsend. She helped to rally all the vendors, point them in the correct direction and answer any questions they may have. Christina also helped me, the bride, throughout the day. I was absolutely thankful to have her there that day! Besides the amazing help of Christina and her staff, let’s talk about the venue. The estate and winery, are truly, everything I ever wanted in a wedding. The day could not have gone more perfectly … it was beyond beautiful. My husband and I are so thankful we were able to have our wedding at Gershon Bachus Vintners. It is a day that not only we will never forget, but our friends and family as well. Thank you Christina!!!!

Sent on 10/26/2016
  • Eric

Eric · Married on 05/28/2016

We fell in love with GBV the first time we visited the property. After we met with Christina, we were over the moon. We knew that the property would lend itself to a beautiful wedding and working with Christina would ensure that our wedding would be perfect. They have done so many weddings at the winery that they know exactly what they're doing and how best to arrange and execute a successful wedding. At times the wedding planning process can be overwhelming but working with Christina made many of those things so much easier.

The ceremony area is so beautiful overlooking the vineyard and the brides entrance from the bridal suite down the stairs to the aisle is nothing short of memorable. The cocktail hour on the patio is a great area to start the reception before you enter the wonderfully decorated and quaint reception area inside the wine tasting room. Pair all of this with the delicious food and outstanding wine and you're guaranteed to have a wedding that everyone will love.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Chris · Married on 04/09/2016

We absolutely had the perfect wedding day at GBV and it even rained!! I will tell you that working with Christina and Kenny made our planning actually enjoyable. If you choose GBV for your wedding (and it would be a great choice) then it will be a great experience from start to finish. We met Christina and just fell in love with her right away. We knew she would handle this for us and would remove a lot of the worry as we went through the process....plus she's fun :)

The attention to detail at GBV is fantastic. Also, due to the time of year we were choosing we knew that rain could be a possibility. Fortunately GBV has a contingency in place that doesn't cost any extra, which is great considering you would spend an additional $3-5k on tents at other places. As it turns out it did rain on our day but it was never an issue. The ceremony was still beautiful as was the reception. Speaking of beauty, you will be hard pressed to find a nicer location for a wedding rain or shine. And you will really have a hard time finding a better staff. Everyone at GBV treats you like family and it really does seem that each one is dedicated to making sure your day is the best day ever. I love these guys and though I will never need to be married again I can guaranty I will be back to visit.

Sent on 05/06/2016

Where to start… My husband and I were married at GBV in June. Our wedding day was perfect. Leading up to the wedding Christina (the owner) was helpful and informative. She was accommodating and reassuring (especially when I was stressed out). Our wedding day was perfect. I stressed about the timing, but Christina was calming and made me feel as though everything would work out. She coordinated and handled everything amazingly. Did I mention our wedding was perfect… I appreciate all the help from the GBV family and Christina. And unlike many weddings that I have been to, the food and wine were amazing!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Marlena · Married on 10/26/2013

My husband and I were married here in October 2013. Christina and Kenny, the owners of Gershon Bachus Vinters (GVB) earned every single one of the five stars that I have rated them.

Our wedding was absolutely perfect in every way, and much of that is due to the:

1) Gorgeous estate that Kenny and Christina own and

2) Their phenomenal service, and their dedication to making our wedding (and all their guest's weddings) exceptional.

On our wedding day, we were blessed with one of the most gorgeous sunsets I've ever seen, and we were able to thoroughly enjoy it due to the serenity of GBV and the 360 degree gorgeous view.

One small example of how Kenny and Christina will go above and beyond to make your day special is that I forgot my garter. The next thing I knew, Christina tapped me on the shoulder and handed me a makeshift garter she had put together made of elastic and an orange flower - which even matched my wedding flowers.

Christina and Kenny will be right there celebrating with you at your reception, which our guests totally loved.

My husband and I looked at many wedding venues, both in the South Bay area and many wineries in Temecula. Gershon Bachus was BY FAR was the best venue we could have chosen, and for an amazing value for all that you get. The food was DELICIOUS, the wine is some of the best in the Temecula Valley (if not THE best in the valley), the location cannot be beat, and the service is outstanding.

Kenny and Christina, Curtis and I can't wait to come visit you again soon! Thank you for all that you did. We are so happy that we chose to have our wedding with you.

Sent on 12/16/2013

Our August 2013 wedding was a destination wedding. I researched about 15 wineries in the Temecula valley as venues for our wedding but after Team Wedding Venue (some friends who lived in the area) visited them on our behalf, GBV stood out head and shoulders from the rest. I hired them sight unseen but I was extremely happy once I visited. The place is beautiful.
    I could write pages about them but here are some important things that mattered to me. Complete privacy -- they only have one wedding at their winery per weekend. Varied locations one site – we had the ceremony outside on the lawn, the cocktail hour on the covered patio facing the sunset and vines, and the reception inside. My guests never got bored. Tremendous support – Christina becomes your defacto wedding planner for free. You must decide on and hire the vendors yourself (although she’ll suggest great ones) but after that, she’ll make sure it all comes together. She loves the winery. Food package – they have several options depending on your budget/guests. Additionally, the food was delicious. And the chef is flexible (we changed one of the sauces). Valet – they have 100% valet for guests who drive. At the end of the night if a guest is drunk, they will not return the keys. The guests can leave their cars at the winery and pick them up the next day. Flexibility – Christina arranged our memorial table, unobtrusive slideshow on a laptop, sign-in/words of wisdom table and a cake table perfectly. Value/Cost – GBV offers a discount for paying in cash and Christina can suggest other ways to reduce the cost.
    In terms of nuts and bolts, Christina and Kenny are very easy to work with. Responsive on email. Very flexible. Amazingly friendly and welcoming. Christina and Kenny open their hearts to everyone. They don’t just put it on for a sale. To make a long story short – go with GBV. You will be VERY happy. We were, and as we look at our pictures, still are.

Sent on 09/03/2013

Dotan · Married on 07/21/2018

My wife Kelly and I just had our wedding at GBV and it was AWESOME. I have lots of things to rave about, but I'll start with a few things that were very important to us that we didn't realize on our first look at this venue. First, getting married here is affordable! We almost didn't come to GBV because we thought it would be out of our price range, but it turned out to be one of the best values in Temecula, especially given all that's included in the package (full-time onsite coordination, lots of decor items, plenty of wine included, option to bring your own beer, etc.). Second, because they only do one wedding per weekend and you work directly with the owner who lives on site, GBV manages to have the feel of an intimate, non-pretentious mom and pop winery while still having all the grandeur you see in the photos. As soon as we stepped on the grounds, we immediately felt the difference in personal character between GBV and every other winery we visited in Temecula. Finally, this was the only place we found in the area where the party could go all the way to 11pm!

Most importantly, everything was possible because the people you get to work with at this venue. The owner (Christina) and coordinator (Kai) were an amazing team who had a great vision for what would work at the venue and were extremely communicative and professional with us during the whole process. Kai, who was our point person for a lot of the day-to-day planning, was on top of every little detail while still being friendly and relaxed. She responded to every text within a couple minutes and went above and beyond to accommodate all our requests and come up with creative solutions to things. Paired with Christina's overall vision and experience, this allowed everything to turn out exactly how we wanted it with surprisingly little stress along the way. Overall, they gave us the sense that they were genuinely invested in our wedding being a successful event. Christina and Kai, THANK YOU!

Sent on 07/22/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/24/2011

Gershon Bachus was fabulous!! I wanted a winery wedding, but I didnt want it to feel commercial.. Gershon Bachus was exactly that. Day of.. its just you and your guests on the property NOONE else! They close down for your day so that you can have a private ceremony and reception! Which is something most others dont do! They have excellent wine.. which was a deal breaker with me! Awesome views from on top of a hill... the grounds are GORGEOUS! Christina was big help day of and all year long.. she returned emails promptly and worked with me to make sure it came out exactly the way I wanted. The food was FANTASTIC! Their chef Adrian is an incredible cook.. so the food was awesome! We got tons of compliments on the food and how great it was.. unlike most food served to a group that size, etc. His serve staff was awesome.. went out of their way to make sure I had time to eat! Overall, excellent experience! Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 01/25/2012