Gerard Tuxedo Reviews

14 Reviews for Gerard Tuxedo

1 User photo

Gerard Tuxedo 1

Jessica · Married on 09/15/2018

Jen and her gang at Gerard tuxedo are great. They were very informative and accommodating to all of our guys. They were very easy to work with! When our suits arrived, some of them had sizes incorrect but they made all of the fixes fast with no issues. My dad, my groom and all of the groomsmen looked amazing!

Sent on 09/30/2018
    Gerard Tuxedo 2

Savannah · Married on 09/23/2017

I got married last September and Gerard was the perfect vendor. They have some of the best prices and their selection is outstanding! Their customer service is excellent and they made this part of the wedding planning process so easy and stress free. The owner, Jenn, is so passionate about her business and works really hard to ensure that Gerard Tuxedo is the best around. Highly recommend for anyone who needs a tuxedo or suit!!! 11/10 stars

Sent on 08/14/2018

Regina · Married on 04/25/2015

We actualy won the tuxes at a bridal show. The store was an hour away from our home but decided to go with them anyway. The owner and her staff were great. Always ready to answer our questions, very personable and we did not feel like we were just a number. When we picked up the tuxes, the owner was able to see that the cuffs were too long. Me, I thought they were fine. They made the fix in minutes. It was then that I was able to tell the difference. The guys look hot! and the colors matched the dresses perfectly.

Sent on 05/10/2015

Heather · Married on 09/07/2013

We ordered all 9 tuxes we needed for our wedding - including 6 for out-of-town groomsmen. The color and quality of the tuxes were amazing and matched perfectly. However, the service surpassed the tuxedo quality by far! The staff at Gerard is better than any tuxedo shop we've ever used. They were friendly, helpful, and really cared about the happiness of their customers - unlike big name tuxedo shops. Seriously though, call them and order a tux. You won't be disappointed.

Oh and most importantly, their prices are WAAAAYYY better than the big retail chains. Just saying!

Sent on 10/21/2013
  • Shana

Shana · Married on 10/14/2011

Always have great tux specials. Variety of colors. Great service. They go above and beyond. Jennifer is awesome! Shana & Sean Smith

Sent on 10/17/2011

Amanda · Married on 05/20/2011

Gerard Tuxedo is amazing! Very nice, responsive, and professional business! I would recommend them to anyone!!!!

Sent on 05/29/2011

Hannah · Married on 11/06/2010

My husband absoluely loved these guys! Fabulous service and very flexible. You rock!

Sent on 12/10/2010

Amber · Married on 08/21/2010

Jennifer and her staff at Gerard Tuxedo are great! We went here after having some issues with the tuxedo place in the mall. We rented 11 tuxes and everyone was right. I must have changed my mind a hundred times on everything from shoes, to shirts, to ties, to cufflinks and they never missed a beat. They're very professional with a quality product at a great price. What's not to love?

Sent on 09/11/2010

Kristen · Married on 09/05/2009

Guys looked great! Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/14/2009

Jo · Married on 07/17/2009

The guys LOVED their tuxes from Gerard Tuxedo. They were willing to work with our slightly off dress color (not quite Tiffany Blue) and make sure the guys coordinated without looking too matchy. Gerard had a great selection of tuxes, vests, ties and shoes for the guys to pick from. Melissa and Jen did a great job of making sure the guys were all fit properly and that everything arrived with more than enough time. As a bride, it was wonderful to have a vendor be so organized that I didn't have to give anything a second thought.

Sent on 12/10/2009

Megan · Married on 09/03/2010

Gerard Tuxedo was great to work with. We heard about them at a bridal show and put our name in a drawing and one two free tuxedos! Then for everyone groom you the you refer to them and they book their wedding with them, you get one free tuxedo! It worked out perfectly. They had a great selection to chose from and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I felt that had very reasonable pricing as well.

Sent on 09/25/2010
  • MELESSA

MELESSA · Married on 08/21/2009

3.8
      3.5

They had a good selection of tux's and a lot of colors. We use them again

Sent on 09/15/2009

Devan · Married on 07/22/2017

2.8
      2.0
      2.0
      3.0

A year before the big day, we stopped in to check out the shop and ended up being so impressed that we booked with Gerard. They had a special running on the type of tuxes that we wanted, and we really appreciated that the Groom's tux was free with all of the other rentals. They also have tons of color options for ties/vests/pocket squares! We had seen their many glowing reviews online, and had no reason to believe that the wedding week wouldn't go smoothly.
    However, that was unfortunately not the case.
    We were required to provide our measurements 5 months prior to wedding day, which we think may have been a factor that resulted in the pants being ill-fitting on almost everyone. Gerard communicated that any adjustments needed to be submitted 2 days before the wedding, which we complied with, and that everything would be ready by Noon on the day before the wedding. One groomsman's tux was not ready on Friday by Noon (it had to be picked up at 4pm), and the brother of the groom was initially given a jacket with a ripped pocket, missing button, and uneven arm lengths. The Groom's tux had loose strings hanging from the pant seams which we not taken care of, and the Bride's father was initially informed that his adjusted jacket wouldn't be ready until 90 minutes before the wedding ceremony was scheduled to begin, which is completely unacceptable. These issues created unnecessary stress on the bridal party in the days leading up to the wedding, and our perception was that the staff we worked with during those days were very inexperienced. The Groom received three varying opinions on whether his pants fit properly by the 3 associates in the shop at the time. We hope our experience was a fluke and possibly a result of staff turnover, because we had such high hopes in our initial interactions with Gerard and they really let us down in the end.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Gerard Tuxedo's reply:

We strive to give the best customer service to each & everyone single one of our customers whether it is a wedding party, prom or single order.
    I would like address each of your concerns, which I would have been more than happy to do the week or your scheduled pick up.
    First let me explain the fitting process. We require that July weddings have their measurements submitted by the end of March due to the fact that May & June are our busiest time of the year with prom & wedding season. Each customer is told to get remeasured closer to wedding if they feel like they are changing in size.
    Next we have a second fitting where the tuxedo is tried on in our store to ensure a proper fit. At this time we can make minor alterations such as coat sleeve & pant length while you wait. If there are any major replacements it will take 24 to 48 hours turn around depending on when the customers arrives in our store.
    The groomsmen you are speaking of came into our store on Thursday afternoon and needed a replacement pair of pants & coat. He went up one size in both, he was not measured in our store. His replacement arrived Friday afternoon. The father arrived in our store on Thursday evening around 7:30pm. We had a coat that was over night shipped to us & arrived in our store Friday afternoon.
    The staff that was working that day included 3 experienced staff members and the owner.
    I take my business very seriously and I care about each everyone of my customers.
    Jenn Gerard
    Gerard Tuxedo

Gary · Married on 09/30/2011

2.8
      1.0
      1.0

This review was very hard to leave. I have been coming here for years and have always been blown away by the service. They were always willing to go above and beyond and even bend the rules for me. In my understanding, they have gone through a change in wholesalers and staffing. The two GREAT, PROFESSIONAL, AND EDUCATED girls are no longer there. Quality of service and just personal touches have gone down the drain since. I no longer recommend this place. I'm sorry Gerard.

Sent on 08/09/2017

Gerard Tuxedo's reply:

Hi Gary,
    This is Jenn Gerard the owner. I would like to speak with directly about your experience. This is my business I take it very seriously and care about each and everyone of my customers. Here is my cell phone number 734.748.1301.
    If I do not answer please a message and I will call you back as soon as I can.