Geraniums Red Delphiniums Blue Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Emily
    Emily Married on 06/20/2021

Beautiful Flowers at a Reasonable Price

Rue at Geraniums Red Delphiniums Blue is extremely talented and does amazing work. She created beautiful flowers for our wedding. Whereas many wedding florists require a base price that you must meet (which can be thousands of dollars), Rue worked with me to create bouquets, corsages and boutonnières that matched our vision and were within our price range. She was very helpful in answering all of my questions. She was also extremely understanding and flexible when we had to postpone our 2020 wedding celebration a year due to the pandemic and when I had to change my number of bouquets because one of my bridesmaids was no longer able to be in the wedding. I would highly recommend her services to anyone in the southern/midcoast Maine region looking for a florist.

Thanks Emily!
    Your bouquet was one of my favorites of 2021. I'm so glad you loved everything!
    All good wishes for the future.
  • Mackie
    Mackie E. Married on 07/20/2019

incredible florist

WOW! Rue designed our flower arrangements for our backyard wedding in July. Leading up to the wedding, she was responsive and helpful. We knew that native plants were very important to us. We asked for a color scheme of blues, purples, and yellows with thistles as accents. Rue worked with local farms to find plants that fit our vision. She came out a week before the wedding to assess the backyard and suggest some pots to accent the space. It was one of the hottest days Maine has seen in a decade so she put out flowers the night before and only used the ones that stood up to the heat for my bouquet and my flower comb. She and her team worked tirelessly to set up the day of. Everything was so beautiful and she made our vision come to life. Thank you so much!
    Rachel Married on 07/14/2019

LOVE my flowers!

We had a destination wedding in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. Rue made our flowers the most stress free part of the wedding! She emailed us pictures of bouquets she had done in the past to give us a idea. She even ordered me more flowers a week before the wedding day! If you want someone who goes above and beyond as a florist this is the place to go!
    Thank you for making my wedding day beautiful.
    Rachel Married on 10/14/2018

Wonderful florist

Rue at Geraniums Red Delphiniums Blue was wonderful to work with. The jewel-toned bouquets and boutonnieres were stunning. Rue created centerpieces using pottery my mom crafted for the event, which was magical. We had a last minute snafu with the original birch chuppah, and Rue took responsibility and arranged a lovely chuppah with beautiful flowers by the time of the ceremony.

We appreciate the care and effort Rue took with the flowers for our wedding and we recommend her highly!
  • Jackie
    Jackie Married on 10/06/2018

Beautiful Flowers

Rue did an exceptional job meeting our vision for flowers and recommending ways to get the look we wanted for our wedding using flowers that would be in season at the time.
    Corey Married on 09/08/2018
    I can not say enough about Rue and her work!! If you need a florist look no further! When starting the wedding process I was overwhelmed with the thought of flowers as I have no knowledge about them, except that they are stunning. From my first telephone conversation with Rue she put me right at ease and was so easy to work with. Rue worked with my budget and really listened to the vision I wanted. It was super helpful she also looked at my pinterest board as well! Rue was so easy to work with, she responded to all my emails in less than 24 hours and helped me shape the image of my wedding. Aside from being an absolute dream to work with the final products were breathtaking. The flower piece for the arbor way was stunning, my bouquet was more beautiful than I could have imagined, all the bridesmaids bouquets were perfect and the boutonnieres . Rue also helped me create stunning, simple and elegant centerpieces without driving up the costs. Working with Rue was one of my best decisions. If you want wonderful service and stunning flowers look no further!!!
    Thank you again Rue!
    Tisha Married on 08/11/2018
    Rue was so awesome to work with! She got back to me quickly after I messaged her on Wedding Wire, I showed her my Pinterest board, we had a call to discuss and then she sent me a quote just a few days later. I had a fairly small budget but that didn't deter Rue at all and she even offered ways for me to cut costs which I very much appreciated. I decided the week of my wedding to rent an arch from Rue and not only was she able to accommodate, she even set it up for us in the rain!! We also brought in our own flower petals which she helped set up. Rue is seriously the best!
    Sarah Married on 05/26/2018
    Right from the beginning, working with Rue was a breeze. She is prompt and got back to me right away. She worked with me to stay on a budget, and was patient with me while I changed my mind and my vision for the flowers three times. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wonderful florist!
    Abby Married on 04/14/2018
    Working with Tue was wonderful. She was easy to communicate with, listened to what I envisioned, and help me select flowers that would create that vision. On the day of, everything was perfect! Exactly what I pictured and what we had discussed. Our bouquets were beautiful and the flower arch really made the ceremony space. Rue helped us achieve our floral dreams for our wedding and she is so well priced! Definitely go with Rue if you are looking for reasonably priced floral decorations, that are just as beautiful as the other vendors who are charge double or triple. Rue is so nice and easy to work with as well!
    Nina Married on 03/24/2018
    Working with Rue was fantastic. I briefly told her what I was envisioning, and she put together a beautiful visual proposal that was spot on, and right in our budget. We never thought we would be able to afford the flowers that we wanted but Rue made it happen. She was so easy to work with and took care of so many small details for us. It snowed a few days before our wedding, and she preemptively emailed me to reassure me the flowers arrived in good condition-- something I had been worrying about but didn't want to bother her with! Our chuppah arrangements, bouquets, and centerpieces were stunning!

Geraniums Red Delphiniums Blue's reply:

I'm so happy you loved everything! And your mom is a doll too. What beautiful pictures!
  • Nat
    Carol Married on 03/10/2018
    I loved Geraniums Red! She was one of the only florists I contacted that was so willing to work with my budget. I told her how much I wanted to spend, and sent over a couple of inspiration photos and my color theme, and what she pulled together was perfect. She was also super flexible and responsive, especially when I wanted to add in specific flowers, or change the number of arrangements. She also gave me a range of blush flowers to pick from so I could pick the exact color I wanted! And she made the most beautiful hoops for the flower girls! The moment I saw the bouquet she handed me in our getting-ready room was when I could see everything I had spent so long planning come to life and it was amazing, because she managed to exactly replicate what I was going for despite me not providing much detail.

Geraniums Red Delphiniums Blue's reply:

Thank you, Carol! I loved your paper flowers too! Can't wait to see the pictures.
    Best wishes!
    Erica Married on 10/22/2017
    Rue was wonderful to work with and did an amazing job on our wedding last October. She was clear and responsive in her communication and the price was great. I really appreciated her extensive knowledge of which flowers and greenery would be in season and would work with the aesthetic we were seeking. It was also so helpful to see her photo book, color cards, etc. I had no idea there could be so much choice involved and felt well taken care of by her. I would highly recommend working with Rue!
    Ayesha Married on 09/24/2017
    Rue Brown’s prices cannot be beat! Very affordable and very elegant. She listened to me and did everything the way that I had imagined. Absolutely beautiful!

Geraniums Red Delphiniums Blue's reply:

Thank you Ayesha! I'm so glad everything was what you wanted. It was a really fun challenge! I can't wait to see the pictures!
    Jenny Married on 07/29/2017
    Rue was absolutely great to work with! She met with us prior to the wedding to determine our preferences. We were looking for a variety of purple wildflowers, and she put together beautiful arrangements and centerpieces. The flowers smelled excellent and stayed fresh for a while after the wedding. We loved working with Rue and are so pleased with how the floral arrangements turned out!
    Colleen Married on 06/11/2017
    The wedding flowers and service provided by Rue are exceptional!
    Jenn Married on 10/01/2016
    Rue totally brought our vision of the wedding to life! She was so receptive to our vision, and even though we did not give her exact flowers we wanted - she somehow made it a reality. The bouquets were BEAUTIFUL. We wanted an organic look, and Rue created this look seamlessly. The colors of the flowers were so vibrant and in the pictures they popped. All of our guests are still talking about how striking the florals were.
    Rue was able to do all of this within our budget, and never pressured us in this respect. I loved her so much, my sister chose her for her wedding later this year.
    You will not regret choosing Rue!!!
    Eve Married on 09/04/2016
    Geraniums Red, Delphiniums Blue and owner, Rue Brown is incredible! Going with Rue was one of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning process. Rue came to our apartment to meet with us and show us pictures of her past weddings before our event. She took notes as we talked, answered all of our questions, and made us feel at ease and comfortable. She was way more affordable than any other florist we looked at and she was super easy to communicate with and totally got the look we wanted. My bouquet was my dream bouquet - bright colorful wildflowers. She put flowers on our chuppah, met me at the hotel for flowers in my hair to drop off groomsmen flowers. You can not go wrong going with Geraniums Red, Delphiniums Blue and Rue Brown! I'd give six stars if I could.

Geraniums Red Delphiniums Blue's reply:

You guys are super sweet! I'm so glad I could help to make your wedding day perfect.
    Jordan Married on 07/30/2016
    Rue was lovely to work with, she was incredibly responsive and understood what I was looking for better than I did! Flowers were beautiful, as well as the mint julep vases she was able to find for me! Her prices were great as well. She even made a boutonniere for my dog's collar!
    Molly Married on 06/18/2016
    Rue did an absolutely amazing job with our wedding flowers! My fiance and I were trying to stick to a budget while planning our wedding, and while we had a general "look" in mind for our flowers, we had no clue which flowers would help create that look without going over budget. When I met with Rue, she was so friendly and, by looking at some pictures, understood the feel we were going for, and most importantly, said she could do it within our budget. Since we didn't request specific flowers, we weren't totally sure what to expect the day of our wedding, and we were thrilled with the results! My bouquet was vibrant and fresh and had the wildflower/rustic feel we were going for. The same thing with my bridesmaid's bouquets. On half of our tables we had three small bottles with one or two stems per bottle. We were initially worried that they would seem too sparse on the tables, but Rue picked out wonderful stems that were bright and added just the pop of color we wanted. I was so sad that we were leaving for our honeymoon the Monday after so we didn't get to enjoy the flowers for longer. However, my in-laws said that they lasted almost two weeks! Throughout the whole process, Rue was very responsive and reassuring, answering what seemed like my endless questions, some of which she probably had already told me. On the day of the wedding, she dropped the flowers off in time for my first look, and then stayed to make sure that the rest of the flowers were set up on the tables just as we had discussed. If you are looking for a creative and kind florist who won't break the bank, Rue is it!

Geraniums Red Delphiniums Blue's reply:

Oh Molly, how sweet! It was a joy to work with you (the other vendors all said so too!). I loved your colorful flowers and vintage bottles. Can't wait to see the pictures!
  • User2491712 2+ years ago
    I cannot stress enough how pleased I was with Geraniums Red, Delphiniums Blue!!!!! Rue (the florist) made my wedding floral planning one of the best experiences during the entire planning process. She was super attentive and always saw my vision (at least...she made me feel that way!). When I needed visuals, she had plenty of images and flowers to show me. The interactions were always professional but informal and personal enough at the same time.

The week leading up to the wedding, Rue contacted me a few times to fill me in on what flowers she had purchased, the shades she had chosen within my color scheme, etc. I was more than confident at this point that my flowers were going to be great. Great is an understatement. I could not have imagined flowers more perfect for my wedding day. When my bouquet was presented to me, I fell into tears. They were GORGEOUS! My bridesmaids and maid of honor bouquets complemented mine perfectly. After receiving my flowers, the florist then went to the church and set the flowers up there. She then went to the venue and did the same. All of this was coordinated without me. With all of the planning that is required for a wedding, it was details like this that relieved me off certain stresses. I would recommend Geraniums Red, Delphiniums Blue to any and every bride!
  • User2398354 2+ years ago
    Rue did an AMAZING job with our wedding flowers. I came to here with a color scheme and a small budget - I had a "must have" list (bouquets) and a "hope for" list (centerpieces) based on my budget, and her prices are so reasonable that I was able to get both lists! She was so friendly, warm, and accommodating and I was able to tell that she really understood my vision for flowers, even on a small budget. She took a look at my wedding pinterest page for more ideas. When I had changes in the amounts of centerpieces and boutonnieres, she was very flexible.

When she showed up for the wedding set-up, I was a hot mess - running around trying to set things up at the venue - but she was calm and collected and just did her thing. The flowers looked wonderful and were even better than I imagined. I was so happy with how they looked, and they really brightened up my venue. The bouquets were gorgeous, and a great value for all of the types of flowers she used in them.

Almost a week after my wedding, I am still waking up to all of the gorgeous flowers still fresh in their jars! I am SO happy with Rue and her company - she truly loves what she does and likes to make people happy with her work, and it really shows. I would recommend Rue to ANY bride, whether they are on a budget or not.
  • User2339186 2+ years ago
    Rue was absolutely amazing. Kind, warm, thoughtful, and was so conscious of our budget and suggesting ways that we could achieve our vision without spending too much. It really felt like she was a friend lending us her expert hand. So easy to work with and 0 hassle. Also extremely reasonable pricing for flowers in the Boston area!
    Jen Married on 08/29/2015
    I had given Rue a photo of my wedding dress, and let her do whatever she wanted in the flower choice and design. I had seen her work in the past and felt totally confident that I would absolutely love anything she created for me. Oh, was I right!

I was teary over the beauty of the bouquet, centerpiece and boutonierre she designed for our rustic woodland wedding. I couldn't imagine anything more perfect than what she delivered to us, they made the best day of my life even more magical. Carrying my bouquet down the aisle kept my nerves calm looking down at the stunning arrangement she so thoughtfully put together. Days later, still waking up to see them looking fresh and still so vibrant.

Very, very happy bride and groom...so many compliments from our guests. Thank you Rue!

Geraniums Red Delphiniums Blue's reply:

Oh gosh, Jen... I'm just so happy for you, and that I could be a part of your magical day.
    Lindsey Married on 08/29/2015
    Rue did an absolutely incredible job with our wedding flowers. We had a casual, outdoorsy wedding and we were a very clueless, budget-minded couple with very few ideas about what we actually wanted. I met with Rue with a dollar amount and an unrealistic-feeling list of vague requirements, and she immediately made me feel comfortable and confident in her ability to pull off something great without pressuring me to expand our list or budget. She was extremely responsive and kept me posted on all of her ideas and shopping, and she came to set up and break down around our weird schedule. Most importantly, she was flexible and accommodating about several super last-minute additions (thanks, moms). The flowers turned out beautiful, and she made a very bare-bones space look absolutely gorgeous without taking away from the natural beauty of the area without even seeing it firsthand ahead of time. We got a TON of compliments about the colors she used and how she was able to blend the flowers into the landscape. We had an extremely positive experience working with Rue and are so grateful she made our silly camp look so beautiful!

Geraniums Red Delphiniums Blue's reply:

Lindsey, it was such a lovely, fun, wedding. A great idea for a stay-destination wedding. I was happy to meet your sweet husband and your kind family. I'm so glad it was what you wanted!
    Amy Married on 08/03/2015
    Rue did a great job with our flowers and even drove out of the area to meet. She gave great suggestions and our flowers were perfect!