Georgia Trolley Services Reviews

27 | Lawrenceville, GA

27 Reviews for Georgia Trolley Services

Jackie · Married on 11/12/2016

We absolutely loved our experience with Georgia Trolley Services. They were timely, friendly, and professional. Our driver was wonderful and went with the flow of the day when it came to going to multiple locations for pictures. We had the "Mary Ann" and it was absolutely gorgeous and classic inside. It went perfectly with the theme of our Southern charm wedding. We recommend this company to any and all brides and grooms in the Atlanta area!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Madelaine · Married on 10/15/2016

We rented a trolley for 2 consecutive days: a welcome dinner and again for the wedding day. Mid-October in Atlanta means festivals and special events, extra traffic and street closures everywhere. I didn't think of this until right before the wedding but apparently the trolley people did because everything ran quite smoothly. We had a different driver each night and both were extremely capable and polite, even though there were about 15 rambunctious children scattered throughout the rides. Guests really appreciated having a fun ride and not worrying about directions or drinking and driving. My new husband and I also used the trolley to get back to the hotel and got to sit up front. Such a fun time and hope we find a reason to use their services again. Thank you, Jerry!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Monica · Married on 10/31/2015

Booking Georgia Trolley Services to help with our wedding day transportation was genuinely one of the best decisions we made. We thought it would be simply supplemental to the complimentary shuttles running from the hotels. However, on the day of the wedding, the DoubleTree hotel refused to send a previously promised hotel shuttle to pick up guests (grandparents!) from the ceremony. The driver (Herman) was fantastically on-the-ball and adaptable, making an extra round trip to make sure everyone was picked up. Herman was on time, friendly, and the trolley itself was such a fun and beautiful way to get guests to and from the ceremony and reception (plus, we were able to have a cooler on board with beer, which everyone enjoyed!). Jerry, the owner, was very responsive over email and flexible to our itinerary, which involved a lot of back-and-forth trips for a 12 hour charter. Everyone loved the trolley, and it relieved a lot of stress to have the transportation taken care of!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Mandy · Married on 10/11/2014

Amazing! I found out about a week before my wedding that there was a beer and bbq festival on the direct path that the trolleys were supposed to take from the venue, to the church and back. Of course this shocker resulted in a mini melt-down. I contacted Georgia Trolley Services and they had already worked out an alternate route and really settled my nerves. They were friendly, professional and very easy to work with. I was a very happy bride and my guests loved riding the trolleys.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Angela · Married on 06/20/2014

Georgia Trolley Services was great to work with. We got married at the Trolley Barn so this was a nice touch to transport our guests to and from the hotel. They were very responsive, flexible with the schedule and reasonably priced. The drivers were very attentive. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/31/2014

Bonnie · Married on 04/05/2014

We used Georgia Trolley Services to transport our guests all weekend. We used them Friday night for the rehearsal dinner and then again Saturday for the wedding and the reception. They were great! Our guests raved about how nice it was to not have to worry about transportation.

Sent on 04/23/2014

Driver was super friendly and ON TIME. Did a great job and the trolley was a major hit. Really added to the whole look of the wedding. It fit a ton of people so there were not too many shuttles required to get people to and from their hotel. We paid extra to have beer on with us and it was really convenient!!

Sent on 08/06/2013

Kristin · Married on 06/01/2013

Georgia Trolley Services is one of the best deals in town. I used them to shuttle me and my wedding party, as well as out of town guests, from the hotel to the venue and back again. They were on time (which is saying a lot due to the drastic amount of road construction going on in downtown Atlanta that day) and got everyone where they needed to be. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/11/2013
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 09/08/2012

Jerry made the logistics of coordinating a trolley for wedding party transport, as well as guest transport between the hotel and church, hotel and venue, and back a breeze. Our needs didn't meet any 1 specific package so he tailored it specifically to our event so that we got everything we wanted. Never having coordinated moving so many people at such precise times he was very quick to suggest alterations to my schedule to better buffer for Buckhead/Midtown Atlanta traffic. The trolley ran on schedule for the whole event and allowed all of our guest the opportunity to be transported safely to our destinations.

Thanks so much Jerry for helping us with an amazing event, the Branson's.

Sent on 09/12/2012

Eboni · Married on 05/26/2012

What an easy and laid back experience.
    I went back and forth on what my transportation needs would be as my wedding was a destination wedding in Atlanta. Georgia Trolley Services was kind enough to accommodate all my changes and build a service plan unique to my needs. The staff was great and helpful on the day of not just to my wedding party and family but to my guest as we hired them for wedding party transportation and shuttle service for the guests post reception. They were very upfront about pricing with no hidden costs. Their pricing is competitive and I would highly recommend them for a bride who is looking for an alternative to a regular limo!

Sent on 06/10/2012

Mallory · Married on 11/19/2011

Very pleased with our experience!! Would def recommend to others!

Sent on 12/07/2011
  • User1361992 · 2+ years ago

We loved The Trolley Guy! Jerry was great to work with and we were glad to provide the wedding party with transportation.

Sent on 08/29/2011
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 08/13/2011

We had a wonderful time on the trolley. Jerry was funny, helpful in getting people on and off the trolley, helpful in getting the wedding dress off the trolley and played good music too. He was on time and was great during the planning process as he was responsive and completely helpful.

Sent on 08/22/2011

Sydney · Married on 06/17/2011

The Trolley Guy was fantastic! Very responsive, helpful, flexible, and just fun! He was cracking jokes with the guests, helping everyone on and off, and making sure everyone was taken care of. Plus, the guests loved that we were traveling by trolley! We highly recommend him, especially with such a good rate!!!

Sent on 07/06/2011

mary · Married on 05/10/2014

Georgia Trolley Services' trolley was such a hit at my wedding. The driver was easy to work with and waited for us during our multiple stops. He even helped direct traffic when my bridal party was running behind and blocking traffic! The trolley was early and waiting for us to start the day, relieving many of my worries about getting around. I would recommend them to any other bride!

Sent on 05/22/2014
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 09/28/2019

Great value

Trolley and driver were wonderful. Very courteous and the ride was smooth. They take a bit to get back to you but it was worth every penny!

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/13/2018

If you're looking for a gorgeous wedding trolley, go with Georgia Trolley Services!

We absolutely loved our trolley on our wedding day - it made traveling from each location with our wedding party and family such a fun experience. Jerry, our driver, was awesome - super down-to-earth and helped make our ride so much fun. The only reason for four stars instead of five is responsiveness could be improved a bit (for communications leading up to the wedding). However, once we got on the trolley, everything was perfect. Jerry waited on us at the church during our ceremony and was right on time picking us up at the end of our reception. We did our grand exit onto the back of the trolley, and it made for a truly picture-perfect scene.

Sent on 11/13/2018

We chartered the white trolley for our daughter's wedding to transport guests back and forth from Herty field to Taylor Grady house and then at the end of the evening, to take guests to their hotels in Athens. The trolley arrived right on time. The driver was professional yet fun and engaging with all the guests. The trolley looked great, pictures are awesome and all the guests young and old enjoyed the ride! We highly recommend Georgia trolley service.

Sent on 09/29/2013

Lina · Married on 08/05/2017

3.0

Trolley was a great addition to our wedding. Trolley was in great condition and the driver was professional and fun.

Sent on 08/19/2017

Jordan · Married on 06/02/2017

3.0

Trolleys we're super cute. Very flexible with timing, etc as well as some last minute changes.

Sent on 06/23/2017
  • Sarah Kate

Sarah Kate · Married on 07/23/2016

3.5

We used Georgia Trolley Services for a pick-up/drop-off from our ceremony to reception (the hotel provided transportation the other ways). They were great. They were right on time, got everyone there safely and we had a good time on the way. Our driver played music, even took a picture of all of us before we pulled out of the parking lot! It was a little warm on the trolley, but it was also a 95 degree day in July. Overall, a really nice and easy experience with GTS which is exactly what I needed during the crazy weeks and day of the wedding!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Chelsea · Married on 11/05/2016

4.2
      3.5

There were several things throughout the wedding planning process that I felt completely clueless about, and wedding party transportation was one of them! I searched around the internet for a good transportation company in Atlanta and found Georgia Trolley Services.

They have a good selection of trolleys for pretty reasonable prices. They have a couple of rental options - hourly or pick up and drop. For the hourly rental there is a minimum requirement, which was more than what we needed, since we just wanted a ride for the bridal party from the ceremony venue to the reception venue. We opted for the pick up and drop, which just requires that the trolley leaves within 15 minutes of arrival, your drop off location is no more than an hour from your pick up location, and you don't have additional stops on the way. Jerry wasn't always the most responsive, but we ended up getting everything squared away.

The trolley was running a little late on our wedding day (maybe 5-10 minutes), but we had enough cushion room that it didn't really matter. The driver was very friendly and helped get everyone on the trolley and situated. We did bring our own music so we could celebrate on our ride, and there was plenty of room for our whole party as well as our photographer and videographer. The trolley was in excellent condition when it arrived.

Sent on 12/02/2016

Ashley · Married on 07/28/2012

4.2
      3.5

I wanted to provide a way of transportation for my wedding party, family, and guests staying at the hotel so no one would have to worry about driving in downtown Atlanta. He was a little late arriving at the hotel to pick up the bridal party and got lost on the way to the church and it seemed like the same thing happened going from the church to my reception. I just figured the route would have been driven a few times to make sure they knew exactly the way to go to the different places. The dirver was really nice and accomodating through some of the tight squeezes he had to get through in order to drop people off and it was definitely fun to ride the trolley with our family and friends. Another thing, the trolley had air conditioning, but it didnt really do a whole lot.

Sent on 08/07/2012

Georgia Trolley Services's reply:

Ashley
    Thank you for your review. I'm not sure we were exactly late. There was a bit of confusion on where to pick up at the Westin. This particular hotel does not have driveway access for our trolley to enter so we are required to wait on the street. Even then we sometimes have to go around the block to keep from blocking the entrance to the motor lobby.
    After the service we dropped guests off on Peachtree Street in front of the 191 building. Normally we do not do this and I discussed this with your wedding co-ordinator. The driver said he received a call instructing him to bring the wedding party to the back of the building while in route with you. That may have been a bit confusing to re route on such short notice.
    The A/C in the Kylee Anne was working, but this particular trolley came from up North, so it does not blow as strong as our others. You have to remember it was 100 degrees outside, so all of our vehicles were a bit warm that day even witt A/C
    Thank you for your business. Best Wishes.
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 09/07/2019

Beautiful Trolley but lacked AC

We booked the red trolley for our wedding party to take photos. The trolley looks cute, exactly what we were hoping for. The price was actually lower than others. They came on time and took us everywhere we asked. Relatively responsive. The biggest problem is the air conditioning. Technically it has one. It doesn't work. It just leaked water over everything. I get it was a hot september day. But it's georgia. Cars need AC 8 months out of the year. Being in a suit, our wedding party was hurting pretty bad. It was 90+ degrees outside and ultimately decided just to open all the windows. Somehow that was cooler. Every groomsman's shirt was drenched by the end. Honestly we would have paid a considerably higher price to support a working AC unit. The driver was nice and recognized how hot it was. Even drove around in circles to keep the air flowing when some people stayed on the bus. It was just hard going outside for pictures in a suit on a hot day, only to come back on to an even hotter bus. Would recommend these guys IF it's cold out or they get a new AC unit.

Sent on 09/14/2019

Lori · Married on 05/12/2018

1.8
      1.0
      2.5
      2.5
      1.5

This was actually the second time renting from this company and would not have booked it again but my daughter had already put down a deposit and didn't know my prior experience with her brother's wedding. The responsiveness and communication of the owner is extremely poor. My daughter and wedding coordinator took over the task of confirming everything the last month and again it was a difficult process. We had reserved 2 trolleys for the day but were informed several hours before departure that the trolley taking the wedding party over airconditioning had broke and we were to have some sort of bus instead. As you can imagine this was not want my daughter wanted as we had hired the photographer and videographer there to capture this moment and it was to be part of their first look moment. We were left scrambling to find another trolley service (historic marietta trolleys) and pay them a big fee for last minute booking. We understand that things happen but when we asked for a adjustment,the refund in price was not refective of what we should have been given. And his attitude on the trolley was rude and unprofessional. I would think very hard before booking this company. There are other trolley services in Atlanta and I won't be using him again. For our next wedding we will be using Marrietta Historic Trolleys as they were great.

Sent on 05/23/2018

Georgia Trolley Services's reply:

It is true that we had a problem with the AC in one of our trolleys. We contacted the planner by e-mail on Friday night and she contacted us by phone three hours prior to the pick up.
    We had scheduled another vehicle (not a trolley) as per our charter order agreement. It is our priority to make sure the customer gets to their destination. Upon speaking to the wedding planner she said "MOM" (the writer of this review) didn't want a bus and that she (wedding planner) would find another trolley. We were actually on another job when the planner called. The wedding planner found a trolley with HMT and booked it.

We had our second trolley onsite on time to provide the second trolley for the evening. We made all trips requested, even thou their charter went over by about an hour. We actually charged them a bit less for two trolleys, than what they paid for the one trolley. Upon review of the charter agreement and e-mail exchanges we actually didn't charge them for the first pick up. That was a mistake we made since this addition was made two weeks prior to the wedding. We refunded them a fair amount for the trolley that broke down and they cashed the check. I'm not sure what they mean by rude other than the fact WE were cussed at during a phone call to discuss the refund. Under normal circumstances we would feel like if one accepted a refund, then all disputes were settled.
    We're not proud that we weren't able to provide both trolleys, but we had a back up plan in place that would have cost them nothing.