Georgia Trolley Services Reviews

25 | Lawrenceville, GA

25 Reviews for Georgia Trolley Services

Jackie · Married on 11/12/2016

We absolutely loved our experience with Georgia Trolley Services. They were timely, friendly, and professional. Our driver was wonderful and went with the flow of the day when it came to going to multiple locations for pictures. We had the "Mary Ann" and it was absolutely gorgeous and classic inside. It went perfectly with the theme of our Southern charm wedding. We recommend this company to any and all brides and grooms in the Atlanta area!

Madelaine · Married on 10/15/2016

We rented a trolley for 2 consecutive days: a welcome dinner and again for the wedding day. Mid-October in Atlanta means festivals and special events, extra traffic and street closures everywhere. I didn't think of this until right before the wedding but apparently the trolley people did because everything ran quite smoothly. We had a different driver each night and both were extremely capable and polite, even though there were about 15 rambunctious children scattered throughout the rides. Guests really appreciated having a fun ride and not worrying about directions or drinking and driving. My new husband and I also used the trolley to get back to the hotel and got to sit up front. Such a fun time and hope we find a reason to use their services again. Thank you, Jerry!

Monica · Married on 10/31/2015

Booking Georgia Trolley Services to help with our wedding day transportation was genuinely one of the best decisions we made. We thought it would be simply supplemental to the complimentary shuttles running from the hotels. However, on the day of the wedding, the DoubleTree hotel refused to send a previously promised hotel shuttle to pick up guests (grandparents!) from the ceremony. The driver (Herman) was fantastically on-the-ball and adaptable, making an extra round trip to make sure everyone was picked up. Herman was on time, friendly, and the trolley itself was such a fun and beautiful way to get guests to and from the ceremony and reception (plus, we were able to have a cooler on board with beer, which everyone enjoyed!). Jerry, the owner, was very responsive over email and flexible to our itinerary, which involved a lot of back-and-forth trips for a 12 hour charter. Everyone loved the trolley, and it relieved a lot of stress to have the transportation taken care of!

Mandy · Married on 10/11/2014

Amazing! I found out about a week before my wedding that there was a beer and bbq festival on the direct path that the trolleys were supposed to take from the venue, to the church and back. Of course this shocker resulted in a mini melt-down. I contacted Georgia Trolley Services and they had already worked out an alternate route and really settled my nerves. They were friendly, professional and very easy to work with. I was a very happy bride and my guests loved riding the trolleys.

Angela · Married on 06/20/2014

Georgia Trolley Services was great to work with. We got married at the Trolley Barn so this was a nice touch to transport our guests to and from the hotel. They were very responsive, flexible with the schedule and reasonably priced. The drivers were very attentive. I highly recommend them.

Bonnie · Married on 04/05/2014

We used Georgia Trolley Services to transport our guests all weekend. We used them Friday night for the rehearsal dinner and then again Saturday for the wedding and the reception. They were great! Our guests raved about how nice it was to not have to worry about transportation.

Driver was super friendly and ON TIME. Did a great job and the trolley was a major hit. Really added to the whole look of the wedding. It fit a ton of people so there were not too many shuttles required to get people to and from their hotel. We paid extra to have beer on with us and it was really convenient!!

Kristin · Married on 06/01/2013

Georgia Trolley Services is one of the best deals in town. I used them to shuttle me and my wedding party, as well as out of town guests, from the hotel to the venue and back again. They were on time (which is saying a lot due to the drastic amount of road construction going on in downtown Atlanta that day) and got everyone where they needed to be. Highly recommended!

• Lisa

Lisa · Married on 09/08/2012

Jerry made the logistics of coordinating a trolley for wedding party transport, as well as guest transport between the hotel and church, hotel and venue, and back a breeze. Our needs didn't meet any 1 specific package so he tailored it specifically to our event so that we got everything we wanted. Never having coordinated moving so many people at such precise times he was very quick to suggest alterations to my schedule to better buffer for Buckhead/Midtown Atlanta traffic. The trolley ran on schedule for the whole event and allowed all of our guest the opportunity to be transported safely to our destinations.

Thanks so much Jerry for helping us with an amazing event, the Branson's.

Eboni · Married on 05/26/2012

What an easy and laid back experience.
    I went back and forth on what my transportation needs would be as my wedding was a destination wedding in Atlanta. Georgia Trolley Services was kind enough to accommodate all my changes and build a service plan unique to my needs. The staff was great and helpful on the day of not just to my wedding party and family but to my guest as we hired them for wedding party transportation and shuttle service for the guests post reception. They were very upfront about pricing with no hidden costs. Their pricing is competitive and I would highly recommend them for a bride who is looking for an alternative to a regular limo!

Mallory · Married on 11/19/2011

Very pleased with our experience!! Would def recommend to others!

• User1361992 · 2+ years ago

We loved The Trolley Guy! Jerry was great to work with and we were glad to provide the wedding party with transportation.

• Katie

Katie · Married on 08/13/2011

We had a wonderful time on the trolley. Jerry was funny, helpful in getting people on and off the trolley, helpful in getting the wedding dress off the trolley and played good music too. He was on time and was great during the planning process as he was responsive and completely helpful.

Sydney · Married on 06/17/2011

The Trolley Guy was fantastic! Very responsive, helpful, flexible, and just fun! He was cracking jokes with the guests, helping everyone on and off, and making sure everyone was taken care of. Plus, the guests loved that we were traveling by trolley! We highly recommend him, especially with such a good rate!!!

mary · Married on 05/10/2014

Georgia Trolley Services' trolley was such a hit at my wedding. The driver was easy to work with and waited for us during our multiple stops. He even helped direct traffic when my bridal party was running behind and blocking traffic! The trolley was early and waiting for us to start the day, relieving many of my worries about getting around. I would recommend them to any other bride!

• Emily

Emily · Married on 10/13/2018

If you're looking for a gorgeous wedding trolley, go with Georgia Trolley Services!

We absolutely loved our trolley on our wedding day - it made traveling from each location with our wedding party and family such a fun experience. Jerry, our driver, was awesome - super down-to-earth and helped make our ride so much fun. The only reason for four stars instead of five is responsiveness could be improved a bit (for communications leading up to the wedding). However, once we got on the trolley, everything was perfect. Jerry waited on us at the church during our ceremony and was right on time picking us up at the end of our reception. We did our grand exit onto the back of the trolley, and it made for a truly picture-perfect scene.

We chartered the white trolley for our daughter's wedding to transport guests back and forth from Herty field to Taylor Grady house and then at the end of the evening, to take guests to their hotels in Athens. The trolley arrived right on time. The driver was professional yet fun and engaging with all the guests. The trolley looked great, pictures are awesome and all the guests young and old enjoyed the ride! We highly recommend Georgia trolley service.

Lina · Married on 08/05/2017

3.0

Trolley was a great addition to our wedding. Trolley was in great condition and the driver was professional and fun.

Jordan · Married on 06/02/2017

3.0

Trolleys we're super cute. Very flexible with timing, etc as well as some last minute changes.

• Sarah Kate

Sarah Kate · Married on 07/23/2016

3.5

We used Georgia Trolley Services for a pick-up/drop-off from our ceremony to reception (the hotel provided transportation the other ways). They were great. They were right on time, got everyone there safely and we had a good time on the way. Our driver played music, even took a picture of all of us before we pulled out of the parking lot! It was a little warm on the trolley, but it was also a 95 degree day in July. Overall, a really nice and easy experience with GTS which is exactly what I needed during the crazy weeks and day of the wedding!

Chelsea · Married on 11/05/2016

4.2
      3.5

There were several things throughout the wedding planning process that I felt completely clueless about, and wedding party transportation was one of them! I searched around the internet for a good transportation company in Atlanta and found Georgia Trolley Services.

They have a good selection of trolleys for pretty reasonable prices. They have a couple of rental options - hourly or pick up and drop. For the hourly rental there is a minimum requirement, which was more than what we needed, since we just wanted a ride for the bridal party from the ceremony venue to the reception venue. We opted for the pick up and drop, which just requires that the trolley leaves within 15 minutes of arrival, your drop off location is no more than an hour from your pick up location, and you don't have additional stops on the way. Jerry wasn't always the most responsive, but we ended up getting everything squared away.

The trolley was running a little late on our wedding day (maybe 5-10 minutes), but we had enough cushion room that it didn't really matter. The driver was very friendly and helped get everyone on the trolley and situated. We did bring our own music so we could celebrate on our ride, and there was plenty of room for our whole party as well as our photographer and videographer. The trolley was in excellent condition when it arrived.

Ashley · Married on 07/28/2012

4.2
      3.5

I wanted to provide a way of transportation for my wedding party, family, and guests staying at the hotel so no one would have to worry about driving in downtown Atlanta. He was a little late arriving at the hotel to pick up the bridal party and got lost on the way to the church and it seemed like the same thing happened going from the church to my reception. I just figured the route would have been driven a few times to make sure they knew exactly the way to go to the different places. The dirver was really nice and accomodating through some of the tight squeezes he had to get through in order to drop people off and it was definitely fun to ride the trolley with our family and friends. Another thing, the trolley had air conditioning, but it didnt really do a whole lot.

Sent on 08/07/2012

Georgia Trolley Services's reply:

Ashley Thank you for your review. I'm not sure we were exactly late. There was a bit of confusion on where to pick up at the Westin. This particular hotel does not have driveway access for our trolley to enter so we are required to wait on the street. Even then we sometimes have to go around the block to keep from blocking the entrance to the motor lobby. After the service we dropped guests off on Peachtree Street in front of the 191 building. Normally we do not do this and I discussed this with your wedding co-ordinator. The driver said he received a call instructing him to bring the wedding party to the back of the building while in route with you. That may have been a bit confusing to re route on such short notice. The A/C in the Kylee Anne was working, but this particular trolley came from up North, so it does not blow as strong as our others. You have to remember it was 100 degrees outside, so all of our vehicles were a bit warm that day even witt A/C Thank you for your business. Best Wishes.

Lori · Married on 05/12/2018

1.8
      2.5
      2.5
      1.5

This was actually the second time renting from this company and would not have booked it again but my daughter had already put down a deposit and didn't know my prior experience with her brother's wedding. The responsiveness and communication of the owner is extremely poor. My daughter and wedding coordinator took over the task of confirming everything the last month and again it was a difficult process. We had reserved 2 trolleys for the day but were informed several hours before departure that the trolley taking the wedding party over airconditioning had broke and we were to have some sort of bus instead. As you can imagine this was not want my daughter wanted as we had hired the photographer and videographer there to capture this moment and it was to be part of their first look moment. We were left scrambling to find another trolley service (historic marietta trolleys) and pay them a big fee for last minute booking. We understand that things happen but when we asked for a adjustment,the refund in price was not refective of what we should have been given. And his attitude on the trolley was rude and unprofessional. I would think very hard before booking this company. There are other trolley services in Atlanta and I won't be using him again. For our next wedding we will be using Marrietta Historic Trolleys as they were great.

Sent on 05/23/2018

Georgia Trolley Services's reply:

It is true that we had a problem with the AC in one of our trolleys. We contacted the planner by e-mail on Friday night and she contacted us by phone three hours prior to the pick up. We had scheduled another vehicle (not a trolley) as per our charter order agreement. It is our priority to make sure the customer gets to their destination. Upon speaking to the wedding planner she said "MOM" (the writer of this review) didn't want a bus and that she (wedding planner) would find another trolley. We were actually on another job when the planner called. The wedding planner found a trolley with HMT and booked it. We had our second trolley onsite on time to provide the second trolley for the evening. We made all trips requested, even thou their charter went over by about an hour. We actually charged them a bit less for two trolleys, than what they paid for the one trolley. Upon review of the charter agreement and e-mail exchanges we actually didn't charge them for the first pick up. That was a mistake we made since this addition was made two weeks prior to the wedding. We refunded them a fair amount for the trolley that broke down and they cashed the check. I'm not sure what they mean by rude other than the fact WE were cussed at during a phone call to discuss the refund. Under normal circumstances we would feel like if one accepted a refund, then all disputes were settled. We're not proud that we weren't able to provide both trolleys, but we had a back up plan in place that would have cost them nothing.

Chelsea · Married on 09/24/2016

1.6
      2.0

It's unfortunate that there aren't more options for trolley rentals in Atlanta because my experience with Georgia Trolley Services, also known as "The Trolley Guy" was pretty miserable. First of all, when booking, you have to practically BEG the owner Jerry to get back to you and/or take your money. There is very little confirmation if the contract was received, if the deposit was received, I had to reach out to him (eventually via phone) 3 separate time the week of my wedding to make sure we were still on/get the driver's day-of contact info. Thank god he showed up, but I had THREE separate guests tell me that the driver YELLED at them. (?!)
    One instance was because there were two coolers of beer in some of the seats on the trolley (not ours, we didn't pay the extra alcohol fee to have alcohol on there-- but how were my guests supposed to know that?) So, because the cooler was unlocked and in plain sight, a guest opened one of the coolers and began to grab a beer. The driver proceeded to SCREAM at him: "THAT'S NOT YOURS, THAT'S FOR ANOTHER WEDDING!!!!!!" OK-- fine dude, if you have another wedding to go to after this thats all good but put the coolers out of sight or certainly out of the seats that we PAID FOR. It was also my understanding that this Trolley had come from a previous wedding before mine, so some guests said they thought the driver was just trying to squander the beer for himself?
    Anyway, a strange and uncomfortable situation. I wouldn't trust these drivers to be kind to your guests.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Georgia Trolley Services's reply:

In regards to your review. We first had contact with you in May of this year. We responded each and every time to your e-mails within 2 days. You booked the one trolley we had remaining on the 12th of June. You sent a follow up e-mail to confirm if we had received everything to which we responded the same day. When you use the paypal option to make the deposit you are automatically sent a confirmation e-mail when the payment is complete. WE didn't have communication with you again until September 19th to which we replied within a day or two. You asked for driver contact info to which we responded we do not assign drivers until the week of the charter. You also CC'd your planner on this e-mail. The week of the wedding we would assume your planner would take on contact with us for that information. We generally prefer e-mail communication since it gives us a record of our discussions. In regards to the trolley with the two coolers on it. We were able to send you a white trolley (your choice over the one originally booked) once we had our schedule completed. The driver told guests that the coolers were for another wedding. One of your guests took a beer from the cooler anyway and went onto the back deck with it. Because of the number of people on the trolley the driver went around to the back of the trolley and asked for the beer back. We made two trips as you requested so we don't know of what other problems you may have had. We do some 200 weddings each year and I'm always amazed at the guests who want to complain to the bride and groom about the free stuff you provided them at the wedding. Sorry your day didn't go the way you expected, but I think we did what we were paid for. We thank you for your business and wish you well in life.

Renee · Married on 10/01/2011

0.8
      0.5
      0.5

Ten months before our wedding, I hired 2 trolleys from this vendor instead of Marietta Trolley Co. to save money. At the time I booked, Jerry (the owner - who HATES the phone... directs you to "send an email") said he was open on my date & to choose from his selection of trolleys. On the day of the wedding, 1 trolley broke down & Jerry replaced it with a mini-bus that was late getting guests to the ceremony. My coordinator (Confetti Events) was never contacted with this info so we were left in the dark. Jerry told me when I complained about this after that he didn't have her phone # and that is why he couldn't call her. Really?? I only emailed it to him 2x AND it was hand written on our contract. This vendor has more than 2 trolleys to choose from so I'm not sure, despite the fact that I booked my package first for Oct. 1, why I was the one who ended up with the mini-bus.

Throughout the day, we were given 4 forms of transportation - a red trolley, green trolley, white mini-bus and a white trolley that eventually did show at the reception only to take a handful of people back to the hotel because the first trolley was so packed & had left. Why didn't they at least tell us another would be coming along shortly so we could have divided the group so everyone could be more comfortable?

I spoke with Jerry after the wedding and he denied almost all of this. I argued & threatened small claims court; in the end he offered me a $200 refund on a $1600 total fee paid. I wanted to sue him but my husband felt it was better to not taint the memory of our special day any further and move on. So, I accepted his ridiculous "settlement"'. Jerry sent us an empty envelope a few days later and I called him to ask WTF? He said there was a check in it (there wasn't). I told him to check his damn bank statement. He cancelled the 'phantom check' and sent me another check for $175. Would you believe he had the NERVE to deduct from my $200 settlement the stop payment fee on the "phantom check"??

Colin (Marietta Trolley) will not work with this company due to safety concerns/complaints. I tried to save money by using GA Trolley Services but it was one of the biggest mistakes I could've made. Don't make the same mistake I did. Renee L.

Sent on 03/03/2012

Georgia Trolley Services's reply:

Ten months before our wedding, I hired 2 trolleys from this vendor instead of Marietta Trolley Co. to save money. ** At the time Marietta Trolley only had one trolley and was already booked for this date. We had 3, one of which was booked already. At the time I booked, Jerry (the owner - who HATES the phone... directs you to "send an email") said he was open on my date & to choose from his selection of trolleys. ** WE ask you to send an e-mail since it gives both the customer and us a written concept of what they are looking for. WE still have ALL of hers. On the day of the wedding, 1 trolley broke down & Jerry replaced it with a mini-bus that was late getting guests to the ceremony. ** No one was late to the ceremony, however the bride did delay the start of the wedding on the mistaken belief that some of her guests had not arrived. My coordinator (Confetti Events) was never contacted with this info so we were left in the dark. Jerry told me when I complained about this after that he didn't have her phone # and that is why he couldn't call her. Really?? I only emailed it to him 2x AND it was hand written on our contract. ** It is true that we did not contact Renee’s wedding coordinator. Most wedding coordinators send out a day of schedule e-mail to all the vendors a few days prior to the wedding. In this case it didn’t happen. This vendor has more than 2 trolleys to choose from so I'm not sure, despite the fact that I booked my package first for Oct. 1, why I was the one who ended up with the mini-bus. ** Our other two trolleys were booked during Renee’s time period and if she had read her contract it clearly states we can substitute vehicles when necessary and we only do that in cases such as what happened. WE felt it best to provide her with 2 vehicles instead of one since she had two hotels that guests were staying at. We didn't even buy one of the trolleys until June of that year. Well after Renee had booked. It gets worse. After the ceremony, the bus & trolley drove guests to the reception (4 blocks down the street) & didn't return back to the church for the bridal party and MOG for another 45 MINUTES. Oct. 1 was quite chilly and windy, so they were waiting outside the entire time and missed 3/4 of the cocktail hour/photography session. ** WE have no idea what Renee is talking about here. We have talked with the lady in charge of weddings at this church and she states that everybody was out of the church by about 5:30 PM. The cocktail hour was scheduled to go until 6:30 PM. We'v'e looked at this brides wedding web site (Goggle Ross and Renee wedding) and the pictures from their wedding show a nice sunny October afternoon. The pictures also show the wedding party taking pictures together with the B & G outside the reception. How did this happen if they were still at the church? Lastly,when our guests came out of the reception at the end of the evening, only one bus was there (although I paid for two trolleys to be there at 10:30 pm sharp when the reception ended). We all had to squish into one trolley. We were supposed to have a white trolley with a "balcony" for the bride/groom to get on to wave as we said goodbye but, instead, no white trolley came and we all had to pile into a green one & literally have guests (including the tipsy ones) stand in the aisle of the trolley holding onto to the ceiling, poles, etc. as we drove from Midtown to Buckhead. ** To compensate for the difference in not having two trolleys we sent another trolley that had completed it’s job to her wedding so she actually had three vehicles during part of the night. Renee had requested continuos service throughout the night and that’s what we gave her with these three vehicles. While she didn’t actually leave until 10:45 PM the white trolley had taken guest back to the hotel about 30 minutes earlier. Most wedding coordinators will give us a heads up as to when the party is about to head to the trolley. That way if there is a problem they (wedding coordinator) can stall until as in this case the other trolley gets back. Throughout the day, we were given 4 forms of transportation - a red trolley, green trolley, white mini-bus and a white trolley that eventually did show at the reception only to take a handful of people back to the hotel because the first trolley was so packed & had left. ** Again I’m not sure what Renee is talking about here since our only other red trolley was in Athens for the UGA football game (GO DAWGS). The red and white trolley she was to use had broken down. Why didn't they at least tell us another would be coming along shortly so we could have divided the group so everyone could be more comfortable? When my wedding coordinator called Jerry throughout the day about these issues, we couldn't reach him. One of his drivers were able to, though, & when we complained about the poor service, Jerry threatened to take away all transportation (LEAVING OUR GUESTS WITH NOTHING ON THE DAY OF THE WEDDING) if we kept calling. **WE did speak with Renee’s husband and he threatened to sue the company for the entire amount of the service because we were trying to rip them off. I asked him if he wanted to continue to use the service or not to which he replied YES. Listen to Clark Howard. If your not happy with the service don’t use it, but if you use it you have to pay for it. I spoke with Jerry after the wedding and he denied almost all of this. ** Yes Renee did speak with us 3 months later. Generally we do not have a problem refunding monies when the customer feels the service was not adequate. Sometimes we hear about it on the Monday after, or a week or so after when the couple comes back from the honeymoon, but when you wait 3 months it’s hard to remember all the facts. I argued & threatened small claims court; ** Renee is a non active member of the Georgia Bar. However we still like attorneys. in the end he offered me a $200 refund on a $1600 total fee paid. I wanted to sue him but my husband felt it was better to not taint the memory of our special day any further and move on. So, I accepted his ridiculous "settlement"'. Jerry sent us an empty envelope a few days later and I called him to ask WTF? ** Actually we sent her the letter and the check together. We have carbon copies of all checks we write. The letter was written to her and we never spoke to her as to what we offered until she called us after receiving the letter. He said there was a check in it (there wasn't). I told him to check his damn bank statement. He cancelled the 'phantom check' and sent me another check for $175. Would you believe he had the NERVE to deduct from my $200 settlement the stop payment fee on the "phantom check"?? Colin (Marietta Trolley) will not work with this company due to safety concerns/complaints. ** At best this is not true, since we have two jobs in the near future to do with the Historic Marietta Trolley. WE send business their way when we can’t do a job and they do the same. WE consider the HMT to be a quality company as much as ours is. I tried to save money by using GA Trolley Services but it was one of the biggest mistakes I could've made. Don't make the same mistake I did. ** WE do some two hundred weddings ( with 4 trolleys) a year. While we try to do our best on each and every one of them, sometimes we just can’t make a customer completely happy. WE also can’t understand why someone would cash a settlement offer and then go and write a review such as this? This reviewer has posted only one review on this site while our other reviewers have posted several.