23 Reviews for Georgia Trolley Services

Round Trip (4)
Multi-Locations (3)
One-Way Trip (1)
23 Georgia Trolley Services Reviews

Trolley was a great addition to our wedding. Trolley was in great condition and the driver was professional and fun.

Profile Picture Lina, 8/5/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Trolley, Round Trip

Trolleys we're super cute. Very flexible with timing, etc as well as some last minute changes.

Profile Picture Jordan, 6/2/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Multi-Locations, Round Trip, Trolley

We absolutely loved our experience with Georgia Trolley Services. They were timely, friendly, and professional. Our driver was wonderful and went with the flow of the day when it came to going to multiple locations for pictures. We had the "Mary Ann" and it was absolutely gorgeous and classic inside. It went perfectly with the theme of our Southern charm wedding. We recommend this company to any and all brides and grooms in the Atlanta area!

Profile Picture Jackie, 11/12/16, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Trolley, Multi-Locations
4.3

There were several things throughout the wedding planning process that I felt completely clueless about, and wedding party transportation was one of them! I searched around the internet for a good transportation company in Atlanta and found Georgia Trolley Services.

They have a good selection of trolleys for pretty reasonable prices. They have a couple of rental options - hourly or pick up and drop. For the hourly rental there is a minimum requirement, which was more than what we needed, since we just wanted a ride for the bridal party from the ceremony venue to the reception venue. We opted for the pick up and drop, which just requires that the trolley leaves within 15 minutes of arrival, your drop off location is no more than an hour from your pick up location, and you don't have additional stops on the way. Jerry wasn't always the most responsive, but we ended up getting everything squared away.

The trolley was running a little late on our wedding day (maybe 5-10 minutes), but we had enough cushion room that it didn't really matter. The driver was very friendly and helped get everyone on the trolley and situated. We did bring our own music so we could celebrate on our ride, and there was plenty of room for our whole party as well as our photographer and videographer. The trolley was in excellent condition when it arrived.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 11/5/16, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Multi-Locations, One-Way Trip, Round Trip, Trolley

We rented a trolley for 2 consecutive days: a welcome dinner and again for the wedding day. Mid-October in Atlanta means festivals and special events, extra traffic and street closures everywhere. I didn't think of this until right before the wedding but apparently the trolley people did because everything ran quite smoothly. We had a different driver each night and both were extremely capable and polite, even though there were about 15 rambunctious children scattered throughout the rides. Guests really appreciated having a fun ride and not worrying about directions or drinking and driving. My new husband and I also used the trolley to get back to the hotel and got to sit up front. Such a fun time and hope we find a reason to use their services again. Thank you, Jerry!

Profile Picture Madelaine, 10/15/16, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Round Trip, Trolley
1.6

It's unfortunate that there aren't more options for trolley rentals in Atlanta because my experience with Georgia Trolley Services, also known as "The Trolley Guy" was pretty miserable. First of all, when booking, you have to practically BEG the owner Jerry to get back to you and/or take your money. There is very little confirmation if the contract was received, if the deposit was received, I had to reach out to him (eventually via phone) 3 separate time the week of my wedding to make sure we were still on/get the driver's day-of contact info. Thank god he showed up, but I had THREE separate guests tell me that the driver YELLED at them. (?!)
One instance was because there were two coolers of beer in some of the seats on the trolley (not ours, we didn't pay the extra alcohol fee to have alcohol on there-- but how were my guests supposed to know that?) So, because the cooler was unlocked and in plain sight, a guest opened one of the coolers and began to grab a beer. The driver proceeded to SCREAM at him: "THAT'S NOT YOURS, THAT'S FOR ANOTHER WEDDING!!!!!!" OK-- fine dude, if you have another wedding to go to after this thats all good but put the coolers out of sight or certainly out of the seats that we PAID FOR. It was also my understanding that this Trolley had come from a previous wedding before mine, so some guests said they thought the driver was just trying to squander the beer for himself?
Anyway, a strange and uncomfortable situation. I wouldn't trust these drivers to be kind to your guests.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/24/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Trolley

We used Georgia Trolley Services for a pick-up/drop-off from our ceremony to reception (the hotel provided transportation the other ways). They were great. They were right on time, got everyone there safely and we had a good time on the way. Our driver played music, even took a picture of all of us before we pulled out of the parking lot! It was a little warm on the trolley, but it was also a 95 degree day in July. Overall, a really nice and easy experience with GTS which is exactly what I needed during the crazy weeks and day of the wedding!

Profile Picture Sarah Kate, 7/23/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Trolley

Booking Georgia Trolley Services to help with our wedding day transportation was genuinely one of the best decisions we made. We thought it would be simply supplemental to the complimentary shuttles running from the hotels. However, on the day of the wedding, the DoubleTree hotel refused to send a previously promised hotel shuttle to pick up guests (grandparents!) from the ceremony. The driver (Herman) was fantastically on-the-ball and adaptable, making an extra round trip to make sure everyone was picked up. Herman was on time, friendly, and the trolley itself was such a fun and beautiful way to get guests to and from the ceremony and reception (plus, we were able to have a cooler on board with beer, which everyone enjoyed!). Jerry, the owner, was very responsive over email and flexible to our itinerary, which involved a lot of back-and-forth trips for a 12 hour charter. Everyone loved the trolley, and it relieved a lot of stress to have the transportation taken care of!

Profile Picture Monica, 10/31/15, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Trolley

Amazing! I found out about a week before my wedding that there was a beer and bbq festival on the direct path that the trolleys were supposed to take from the venue, to the church and back. Of course this shocker resulted in a mini melt-down. I contacted Georgia Trolley Services and they had already worked out an alternate route and really settled my nerves. They were friendly, professional and very easy to work with. I was a very happy bride and my guests loved riding the trolleys.

Profile Picture Mandy, 10/11/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Transportation

Georgia Trolley Services was great to work with. We got married at the Trolley Barn so this was a nice touch to transport our guests to and from the hotel. They were very responsive, flexible with the schedule and reasonably priced. The drivers were very attentive. I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Angela, 6/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Transportation

Georgia Trolley Services' trolley was such a hit at my wedding. The driver was easy to work with and waited for us during our multiple stops. He even helped direct traffic when my bridal party was running behind and blocking traffic! The trolley was early and waiting for us to start the day, relieving many of my worries about getting around. I would recommend them to any other bride!

Profile Picture mary, 5/10/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Transportation

We used Georgia Trolley Services to transport our guests all weekend. We used them Friday night for the rehearsal dinner and then again Saturday for the wedding and the reception. They were great! Our guests raved about how nice it was to not have to worry about transportation.

Profile Picture Bonnie, 4/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Transportation

We chartered the white trolley for our daughter's wedding to transport guests back and forth from Herty field to Taylor Grady house and then at the end of the evening, to take guests to their hotels in Athens. The trolley arrived right on time. The driver was professional yet fun and engaging with all the guests. The trolley looked great, pictures are awesome and all the guests young and old enjoyed the ride! We highly recommend Georgia trolley service.

Profile Picture User3568941, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Transportation

Driver was super friendly and ON TIME. Did a great job and the trolley was a major hit. Really added to the whole look of the wedding. It fit a ton of people so there were not too many shuttles required to get people to and from their hotel. We paid extra to have beer on with us and it was really convenient!!

Profile Picture User3446938, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Transportation

Georgia Trolley Services is one of the best deals in town. I used them to shuttle me and my wedding party, as well as out of town guests, from the hotel to the venue and back again. They were on time (which is saying a lot due to the drastic amount of road construction going on in downtown Atlanta that day) and got everyone where they needed to be. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Kristin, 6/1/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Transportation

Jerry made the logistics of coordinating a trolley for wedding party transport, as well as guest transport between the hotel and church, hotel and venue, and back a breeze. Our needs didn't meet any 1 specific package so he tailored it specifically to our event so that we got everything we wanted. Never having coordinated moving so many people at such precise times he was very quick to suggest alterations to my schedule to better buffer for Buckhead/Midtown Atlanta traffic. The trolley ran on schedule for the whole event and allowed all of our guest the opportunity to be transported safely to our destinations.

Thanks so much Jerry for helping us with an amazing event, the Branson's.

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/8/12, 6 Reviews
4.2

I wanted to provide a way of transportation for my wedding party, family, and guests staying at the hotel so no one would have to worry about driving in downtown Atlanta. He was a little late arriving at the hotel to pick up the bridal party and got lost on the way to the church and it seemed like the same thing happened going from the church to my reception. I just figured the route would have been driven a few times to make sure they knew exactly the way to go to the different places. The dirver was really nice and accomodating through some of the tight squeezes he had to get through in order to drop people off and it was definitely fun to ride the trolley with our family and friends. Another thing, the trolley had air conditioning, but it didnt really do a whole lot.

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/28/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Transportation

What an easy and laid back experience.
I went back and forth on what my transportation needs would be as my wedding was a destination wedding in Atlanta. Georgia Trolley Services was kind enough to accommodate all my changes and build a service plan unique to my needs. The staff was great and helpful on the day of not just to my wedding party and family but to my guest as we hired them for wedding party transportation and shuttle service for the guests post reception. They were very upfront about pricing with no hidden costs. Their pricing is competitive and I would highly recommend them for a bride who is looking for an alternative to a regular limo!

Profile Picture Eboni, 5/26/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Transportation

Very pleased with our experience!! Would def recommend to others!

Profile Picture Mallory, 11/19/11, 7 Reviews
0.8

Ten months before our wedding, I hired 2 trolleys from this vendor instead of Marietta Trolley Co. to save money. At the time I booked, Jerry (the owner - who HATES the phone... directs you to "send an email") said he was open on my date & to choose from his selection of trolleys. On the day of the wedding, 1 trolley broke down & Jerry replaced it with a mini-bus that was late getting guests to the ceremony. My coordinator (Confetti Events) was never contacted with this info so we were left in the dark. Jerry told me when I complained about this after that he didn't have her phone # and that is why he couldn't call her. Really?? I only emailed it to him 2x AND it was hand written on our contract. This vendor has more than 2 trolleys to choose from so I'm not sure, despite the fact that I booked my package first for Oct. 1, why I was the one who ended up with the mini-bus.

It gets worse. After the ceremony, the bus & trolley drove guests to the reception (4 blocks down the street) & didn't return back to the church for the bridal party and MOG for another 45 MINUTES. Oct. 1 was quite chilly and windy, so they were waiting outside the entire time and missed 3/4 of the cocktail hour/photography session.

Lastly,when our guests came out of the reception at the end of the evening, only one bus was there (although I paid for two trolleys to be there at 10:30 pm sharp when the reception ended). We all had to squish into one trolley. We were supposed to have a white trolley with a "balcony" for the bride/groom to get on to wave as we said goodbye but, instead, no white trolley came and we all had to pile into a green one & literally have guests (including the tipsy ones) stand in the aisle of the trolley holding onto to the ceiling, poles, etc. as we drove from Midtown to Buckhead.

Throughout the day, we were given 4 forms of transportation - a red trolley, green trolley, white mini-bus and a white trolley that eventually did show at the reception only to take a handful of people back to the hotel because the first trolley was so packed & had left. Why didn't they at least tell us another would be coming along shortly so we could have divided the group so everyone could be more comfortable?

When my wedding coordinator called Jerry throughout the day about these issues, we couldn't reach him. One of his drivers were able to, though, & when we complained about the poor service, Jerry threatened to take away all transportation (LEAVING OUR GUESTS WITH NOTHING ON THE DAY OF THE WEDDING) if we kept calling.

I spoke with Jerry after the wedding and he denied almost all of this. I argued & threatened small claims court; in the end he offered me a $200 refund on a $1600 total fee paid. I wanted to sue him but my husband felt it was better to not taint the memory of our special day any further and move on. So, I accepted his ridiculous "settlement"'. Jerry sent us an empty envelope a few days later and I called him to ask WTF? He said there was a check in it (there wasn't). I told him to check his damn bank statement. He cancelled the 'phantom check' and sent me another check for $175. Would you believe he had the NERVE to deduct from my $200 settlement the stop payment fee on the "phantom check"??

Colin (Marietta Trolley) will not work with this company due to safety concerns/complaints. I tried to save money by using GA Trolley Services but it was one of the biggest mistakes I could've made. Don't make the same mistake I did. Renee L.

Profile Picture Renee, 10/1/11, 1 Review
Category: Transportation

We loved The Trolley Guy! Jerry was great to work with and we were glad to provide the wedding party with transportation.

Profile Picture User1361992, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Transportation

We had a wonderful time on the trolley. Jerry was funny, helpful in getting people on and off the trolley, helpful in getting the wedding dress off the trolley and played good music too. He was on time and was great during the planning process as he was responsive and completely helpful.

Profile Picture Katie, 8/13/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Transportation

The Trolley Guy was fantastic! Very responsive, helpful, flexible, and just fun! He was cracking jokes with the guests, helping everyone on and off, and making sure everyone was taken care of. Plus, the guests loved that we were traveling by trolley! We highly recommend him, especially with such a good rate!!!

Profile Picture Sydney, 6/17/11, 8 Reviews