Georgetown Ballroom Reviews

Georgetown Ballroom 5
Georgetown Ballroom 6
Georgetown Ballroom 7

Andrea · Married on 08/25/2018

We loved Georgetown Ballroom! They were responsive, detail-oriented, and helped make our day fabulous. Multiple people commented about how the salmon was the best they ever had. All food, drink, and tables are provided by the venue, which made it easier to deal with. The service the night of was fabulous and they made sure my husband and I were fed (even bringing the passed apps and desserts to us so we didn't have to go hunt it down). They were excellent with dietary restrictions and food options, and gave us advice that was clear they weren't trying to squeeze every dollar out of us.

The outdoor space at the venue was a huge requirement for us so we loved that, and the space required minimal of our own decor, which we also loved.

One heads up is that you get the venue for 8 hours (in our case, 3-11), and they wouldn't necessarily allow you to drop off decorations the night before. Depending on your timeline and schedule, this may mean some waiting outside a few minutes before 3 while some of the first photos are being taken. They do require a day of coordinator, which made everything easier.

• Taylor

Taylor Wang · Married on 08/12/2018

Such a beautiful venue

I really don't even know where to begin when reviewing Georgetown Ballroom. They were such a huge part of our day, and we agonized over choosing a venue for ages! We saw at least half a dozen, and the minute we stepped into the space at Georgetown we KNEW it was where we wanted to get married. I could go on for pages about how just stunningly gorgeous the space is: the exposed brick, all of the amazing historic signs collected from around Seattle and the unique, vintage feeling of the space.

But what really sealed the deal for us was the people: our day of coordinator Danielle was a lifesaver on so many levels, we could not have had the wedding we did without all of her endless help! I (the bride) sent her SO MANY emails and she was always responsive and kind. She helped us make all of the seemingly endless decisions involved in having a wedding, and the ability she and Georgetown had overall to work with our other vendors and make our wedding effortless day of cannot be understated. And the food! My husband and I are huge foodies and we knew having delicious food was really important to us at our wedding, and man did Georgetown deliver! We had guests telling us how amazing the food was for weeks.

I could go on and on, but I'm just going to finish by saying I could never forget how kind the staff were day of. The worked so hard to help us pull off our big day even better than I imagined. And when I was sick to my stomach during a period of the reception, I was constantly visited by staff to make sure I didn't need anything and to grab me some more tea to settle my stomach. They were so kind and made me feel really at home on our big day.

But don't listen to some raving stranger on the internet, do yourself a favor and book a showing! We would book them again in a heartbeat if we were doing things over again. They made our wedding day completely unforgettable.

Georgetown Ballroom 8
    Georgetown Ballroom 15
    Georgetown Ballroom 16
    Georgetown Ballroom 17

Brittany · Married on 07/07/2018

We loved working with GTB , with Susie and all of the staff! Our wedding was perfect from start of planning (2years !!!) To finish . They provide catering and bartending - which was amazing !!!!! And recommended vendors we needed - they also were amazing !!!Thanks again for everything , I can't say enough great things about GTB.

Alex · Married on 03/24/2018

We had the perfect wedding experience at Georgetown Ballroom. From first contact until the moment we left the venue, we felt so cared for by the staff at the Georgetown Ballroom. Susie Cuomo, in particular, was an excellent person to plan a wedding with. She was flexible, always professional, and seemed to know exactly what was going on at all times (very helpful when the wedding day anxiety made thinking difficult). The venue itself is gorgeous, and it provided our guests the kind of setting they could feel totally comfortable in. The food was far better than we expected; when my bride and I sat down to our plates, the food was so good we couldn't stop talking about it. The way the staff turned rooms over was impressive; they know exactly what they are doing. I would recommend this venue to anyone willing to spend the money. It's not the cheapest option in Seattle, but it's competitive with the other venues of its size and type, and I am so glad we chose it. Thank you Georgetown Ballroom!!

Georgetown Ballroom 18

Emma · Married on 11/11/2017

We were so lucky to have our reception at Georgetown Ballroom. Every detail was absolutely perfect. Susie was so great to work with and she saw every detail through from start to finish. The food was incredible and still, a month later, have guests commenting on how delicious it was. I will be referring any bride and groom I meet looking for a venue to Georgetown Ballroom!!

• Elisa

Elisa · Married on 06/24/2017

We couldn't be happier that we chose to have our wedding at Georgetown Ballroom! Our ultimate goal was to have a fun wedding and the Georgetown Ballroom venue delivered in spades on that goal. The event went so smoothly and we received tons of compliments from our guests on how much they loved the venue. It really is a great place with room to eat, dance, and take a breather outside.

Danielle was immensely helpful throughout the planning process and helped me think through all the details that I would have never thought of on my own. She was also super responsive throughout the process with every question I had. The staff was friendly and helpful the evening of and our event went off without a hitch - Chris and I couldn't be more grateful!

Sarah · Married on 06/17/2017

We couldn't have picked a better place to have our wedding. The GTB staff was unbelievably accommodating from the very beginning. They are with you every step of the way. I felt confident enough in their abilities to not hire a day-of coordinator, and I don't regret that choice! They are invested in making your wedding the best it can be. On top of that, the venue is so fun, beautiful and unique. It went so well with our 20s themed wedding. We also got many compliments on how great their food was. I'm really hoping to be invited to an event hosted here in the future because I would love to enjoy time in this amazing venue again!

Dianna · Married on 05/28/2017

Georgetown Ballroom is a fun and unique place that is one of Seattle's hidden gems. My husband and I toured several potential wedding venues, but GB was the clear winner. Here are some of the reasons why we chose it:
    1. Location: GB is located in South Seattle, just off I-5. My husband and I live and work in Seattle, so we wanted to stay in the city.
    2. Parking: We wanted to make sure that our guests had a place to park. GB has private parking lots that they let you use for free.
    3. Indoor/Outdoor space: GB has two large rooms inside (Ballroom and Mission Theater) plus a private, nicely landscaped courtyard. We did our ceremony in the Ballroom because they have a cool stage, but there was enough space for us to do it outside too. We did our dinner reception in the Mission Theater, which can hold up to 300 people.
    4. Décor: GB has a vintage American/Asian vibe and it is nicely decorated (old suitcases, paper lanterns, etc). We only brought in some personal items for the guest book table and a couple of tall hurricane candle holders.
    5. Bride/Groom suites: GB has two private suites for the bride and groom. They are fully furnished and very comfortable! The suites are located on mezzanines, so you can still see and hear what is going on downstairs.
    6. Food/Drink: You have to use GB's in-house catering team (except for dessert), but they are amazing! They are good at all types of cuisine (American, Asian, Mexican, etc), plus you get to do a tasting, so you can customize the menu. You also have to use GB for your drinks, but this was convenient. They have different package options and they just billed us for the actual number of drinks consumed.
    7. Staff: Jerry, the owner, is a really nice guy and does a great job of maintaining the quality of GB. We enjoyed working with his entire staff (Susie, Danielle, Nancy, Angie). They were all friendly, organized, and very responsive, which we greatly appreciated. I also thought the food servers provided excellent service.

Ellen · Married on 10/15/2016

We had a tall order when researching venues to have our wedding out and Georgetown Ballroom checked off all the must-have boxes for us. I had to really convince my fiance (now husband) to tour this place with me initially as he wasn't sure about it when looking at the venue, but upon visiting it we both knew this was the perfect spot for our 130 guest wedding. This old school brick building is bursting with character from the colorful lanterns to the collection of props sprinkled around the space, to the signature Jolly Roger sign, to the gorgeous courtyard you can't go wrong. Jerry, the owner, really takes a lot of pride in this gem of a building. Some of the other things we really liked is that both the ceremony/dance and reception dinner spaces were plenty big enough for our guests. They also have an amazing executive chef in charge of their catering group! We've received so many compliments about just how good the food. We actually even had a hard time choosing what we wanted as everything at our tasting was delicious!! Our venue coordinator, Susie, was such a pleasure to work with. She was able to accommodate many of our last minute requests and guest count changes and when it came to the day-of the whole team did fantastic. We were worried about the "storm of the century" but she assured us everything would be ok and they had a back-up generator ready to go, if necessary. We have received numerous compliments from our guests on how cool of a venue this was and how much they loved the food. Thanks to everyone at GTB!!!

A. · Married on 07/23/2016

We are so happy we chose to have our wedding at Georgetown Ballroom last summer. The staff could not have been more wonderful and the food was fantastic. The venue was so colorful and gorgeous, we hardly spent anything on decorations. Our guest count of around 80 fit great in the outdoor courtyard for the ceremony and in the dining room for dinner. We also managed to squeeze in a photo booth on the dancehall side of the building. The only downside to the ballroom was that it got a bit warm (the wedding was in July and they had no air conditioning). But that didn’t stop this bride and groom from dancing the night away there! Plus the courtyard stayed cool, so folks could always step out back for a breather (which we encouraged by having games and a taco cart out there). We (and our guests) absolutely loved this place.

• Liz

Liz · Married on 09/21/2015

Stop looking and BOOK THIS VENUE! You will not find any place as unique as this. We looked at countless venues and found ourselves comparing every space we looked at to GTB. Nothing compared to the "wow" factor that it offered. There is plenty of reserved parking. The venue is large but still feels cozy enough to be close to your guests. It offers completely separate rooms for the ceremony and the reception. The ballroom will leave you speechless. There is a giant "Jolly Roger" marquee that hangs above a built-in stage. With the colorful hanging lanterns and exposed brick, it is the perfect backdrop for a non-traditional wedding. There is a spacious outdoor courtyard with trees, string lights, tables and large benches for seating. It has been decorated with unique decor - including an old phone booth that our guests loved! The venue offers in-house catering and beverage service. The food was incredible! Best wedding menu you will ever have - hands down! You can even choose to have a hot dog cart set up as a late night snack too. A must-have for a Seattle wedding! GTB is all-inclusive. They take care of the tables, chairs, linens, china, flatware, glassware, etc. If there is something you want, they'll find it! For an extra fee, they offer flower arrangements, a coordinator for the Big Day, props and decorations (i.e. jukebox, projector, outdoor speakers, heat lamps, uplighting). They have two large suites which you can choose to have champagne and snacks delivered to for your wedding party. GTB is attentive and quick to respond to your needs. The owner, Jerry, is probably the coolest human being you will ever meet and has the most incredible collection of vintage props and large decor. Conni and Lauren were always going above and beyond to insure our happiness. We received phenomonal customer service throughout every stage of the process. I truly believe our wedding would not have been a success without the services of Georgetown Ballroom. I give them 10+ stars!

Carrie · Married on 09/14/2014

Our wedding was flawless, hugely in part to the efforts and service provided by the Georgetown Ballroom staff. They accommodated our EVERY need, communicated clearly and promptly through every step of the process, and were simply amazing in all ways.

• Gina

Gina · Married on 06/04/2012

We had our wedding reception at the GTB and were so happy! Justice & Denise make everything SO easy. We had tons of compliments on the venue - it was nice out that day so we even hired an ice cream truck to park out in the back courtyard. They have a stage if you want to hire a band, which we did (check out Island Bound, they have a facebook page).

Tressa · Married on 10/29/2011

What a cool funky place to have a wedding! And so versatile!

• Jill

Jill · Married on 10/23/2011

The Georgetown Ballroom is an amazing venue to have a wedding at. The staff is so friendly and helpful. They really made our wedding experience great!

Andria · Married on 07/16/2011

The Georgetown Ballroom is amazing. The venue is funky, eclectic, full of Seattle memorabla! You don't need alot of decorations I only added linens a some lanterns on the tables. The wedding facililtors they provide you with are very helpful the day of the wedding. All of our guests were just blown away by the venue, with its exposed brick to the amazing courtyard area....this venue MADE our wedding amazing!

Laura · Married on 04/17/2010

We could not have had a better wedding experience here!

The staff was amazing and gracious, the venue is beautiful, and the atmosphere was perfect.

They were also really nice and let us drop off some of the food the day before. Absolutely the best possible venue in Seattle!

Nicole · Married on 01/21/2018

Georgetown Ballroom venue was as unique as we could of asked of a place, we had looked at many places and this one just ended up being the best fit. We had a Moulin Rouge themed wedding and because of its look we didn't need to over decorate.

The Price: was reasonable it included location, food, bar/drinks and basic service ware, and searing and coordination staff.

The Staff: Are top notch, very attentive to details, and we felt they actually enjoyed our event with us. They also worked very well with all our vendors and our Coordinator. Pretty much didn't have to think of any details day of.

The Food: Delicious, we did apps Buffalo Chicken and Cauliflower bites during cocktail hour, then buffet style for the guest, Tri-Tip steak, Chicken Puttanesca, and veggie napoleon. (Mind you their menu changes depending on the season since they do locally sourced food) They also made a lovely vegan dish for one of our wedding party members. The bartender made wonderful drinks, and the three cake buffet we did was a hit.

Other things they did to make our lives easier is allow us to rent the venue for a few hours the day before where we did our formal photo-shoot with wedding party and family and did rehearsal.

Georgetown Ballroom 19
    Georgetown Ballroom 20
    Georgetown Ballroom 21

Such an amazing place for a wedding! We had a 9 month planning period and found GTB the first couple weeks of looking. They are an all inclusive venue with an amazing chef that does the catering (one less vendor for you to find) and a huge array of recommendations to make your dream day a reality. They were patient whenever we wanted to stop by on a whim to see the space and to get ideas. They helped with surprise guest appearances and made sure the day went off without a hitch! It was a pleasure to work with every single employee but Lauren went above and beyond to help us from the very beginning all the way until the day finally arrived. The best part was being in seattle and having a wedding in April this venue allows for both ceremony and reception to be inside but we got lucky and had a beautiful 75 degree day so they were able to dress up the private courtyard and put a bar outside to let all of my vitamin D depleted guests enjoy the beautiful weather!

• Christine

Christine · Married on 07/14/2018

We discovered this venue during an open house about a year before our engagement. I remember at the time nudging my not yet fiancee and telling him we should keep it in mind if we ever had a ::ahem:: large event.

Fast forward to a year later and we are newly engaged. This space immediately came back to me. We toured several other places before revising Georgetown Ballroom, but I was in love with this space.

The Service: Danielle was a joy to work with. She and her staff let me tour the venue multiple times with my family whenever they visited from out of town. Not only that, but she was always quick to respond to emails and phone calls. I cannot even tell you how many emails we exchanged before the wedding. Yet she was always super patient with all my questions and requests to change details around.

The Space: Everyone loved the venue and commented on how unique and personal it was. They also recognized as I had, how you don't really need to decorate since the place has such a great personality already. On top of that, GTB had lots of props that they let me use free of charge to decorate the buffet and dessert table as well as the guestbook table.
    The wedding was indoors, but I loved having the option of an outdoor space. My guests loved having cocktail hour outside and then being able to roam under the lights at night.

The Food: The food was incredible! Every single thing we ordered was delicious with the spanakopitas and potato croquettes being the big crowd pleasers.

The Staff: The catering and wait staff were professional and responsive. The took care of me and my husband all night, plating our food ahead of time so we had time to eat and continually checking in on us to see if we needed anything else to eat or drink.

I cannot recommend Georgetown Ballroom enough. I fell in love at first sight and it ended up being the perfect place to host our wedding. They made our special day so beautiful and easy!

Georgetown Ballroom 22
    Georgetown Ballroom 23

This venue is amazing, from the second we first stepped in to tour the place it was basically the one. Almost cancelled the second venue appointment we had scheduled that same day! The vibe and decor really sold us - nontraditional but still very classy, one of a kind place. The food is top notch and the team is super professional. Since catering is included the planning and day of ran so much easier (didn't have to worry about renting linens, setting up tables, or coordinating food and servers and bartenders). Total price isn't cheap but you get so much included I'm pretty sure it all nets out in your favor.
    Book this place! You won't regret it.

Lindsay · Married on 04/14/2012

3.6
      3.5

We LOVED the Georgetown instantly for it's quirky decor and laid back style. The venue is AMAZING. The staff's demeanor was just OK, it was hard to make appts to do walk-thru's even after we signed a contract and when we did get to go, I felt like I was interrupting them and rushed.

The night of the wedding, the GTB employee who was working the venue that night didn't introduce herself to us so I was left a couple times wondering who the mystery woman at our wedding was. Then after I found out who she was, as I was about to use our photo booth for the first time I had to wait because she was in it getting her photos taken! Seemed odd but I didn't make a fuss...

Sarah · Married on 03/17/2012

3.6
      3.0
      2.0

The Georgetown Ballroom was definitely at the high end of our price range, but because the venue is so absolutely stunning we decided to make it work.

The rental rate was $4,300 but that doesn't include much. Read your contract carefully and make sure you understand what you will have to pay extra for. For example, our contract included use of the convection oven, but that line item only included their OLD convection oven, and we needed to pay several hundred dollars extra to use the NEW convection oven. We were also told verbally that use of the projector and screen would be included, but since it wasn't in the contract we had to pay extra. We ended up paying an additional $1,800 for table & chair rentals, an hour of extra time, etc. and we saved a few hundred dollars because our caterers took care of the garbage and recycling for us.

We also were unclear on the venue capacity. We were originally told that it holds up to 400 people, but after we had invited more than 250 guests we found out that the side of the venue we planned on serving dinner in can only seat 200. Our other guests would need to sit in a different room! We were not happy about this, but luckily we ended up with a final count of 210 which we were able to fit in the room. It was actually a bit crowded, so in hindsight I understand why they have the capacity limits.

Even though we butted heads a bit on the details, in the end we were really happy with the Georgetown Ballroom. During our rehearsal, we found out that the rental company supplying our linens and other items had canceled without reason or notice. Justice allowed us to stay past our allotted time to deal with the issue, and she was really helpful offering suggestions of local vendors.

Our wedding day went super smoothly and the Event Facilitators provided by the Georgetown Ballroom were great. The look and feel of the space was amazing and with a few of our own editions it worked great for the style of our wedding.