112 Reviews for George Peabody Library

Clean Up (5)
Set Up (4)
Event Planning (2)
112 George Peabody Library Reviews

Our guests loved this venue, we received so many compliments on the space. The Peabody staff was communicative and very helpful.

Profile Picture Sarah, 12/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding at the Peabody Library in mid-September 2017. This was felt like a wedding out of our dreams. This is an amazing venue and you have to see it to truly feel how magical it is. The cocktail hour room is the perfect size and beautifully lit. It is a great transition to the magic you will feel walking into the reception hall which is the actual library. The venue has a preferred vendor list of caterers and this made things very easy for us. We chose Occasions and they made everything leading up to our wedding day a breeze. An added bonus to this venue is the private tour of the private selection of books.

Profile Picture Sam, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We cannot say enough amazing things about the Peabody! Firstly, the venue itself is something out of a fairy tale. Everyone at our wedding was positively raving about the beauty of the space and haven't stopped complimenting the venue since our wedding. We're so pleased to have chosen the space - it made our day absolutely perfect!

The Peabody accommodated our request to have the Oriole Bird attend cocktail hour and he was positively the hit of the event! It was great to bring a part of Baltimore sports into the historic space!

Profile Picture Megan, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Bridal Suite, Wheelchair Access

The George Peabody Library is an absolutely stunning venue. Even when we were there the night before for the rehearsal, and nothing was set up, the space was magical. We were so happy with the process, each person we worked with, and all of their vendor suggestions. They answered all of our questions and worked together with our coordinator to make the whole event as smooth as possible. Yes, it's a bit expensive, but the Library is worth every penny. I could not be more thrilled with how our wedding went. And now we get to remember its beauty in all of our pictures!

Such a pleasure to work with them.

Profile Picture Samantha, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The Peabody was our dream wedding location. Everything was wonderful, from the room itself to the helpful and friendly staff. We added some lighting to the room for the event and it really made it feel extra magical. The Peabody is more expensive than some other venues in the area, but it was well worth it for us in the end. Our guests and vendors all told us that it was the coolest wedding venue they'd ever been to. As a side note, we added the tour of the rare books room at the library for our wedding party on the rehearsal day and it was amazing. Paul gave a really interesting tour that everyone really loved. We would 100% recommend the Peabody to any bride and groom who are bibliophiles and want an awe-inspiring event.

Profile Picture Crystal, 11/5/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Indoor, Wheelchair Access

Working with the George Peabody Library Events staff for our wedding was a dream! Everyone in the Events Office; particular Judy Moskowitz, was highly responsive and very informative. The staff went the extra mile to make our Big Day run smoothly, such as sending me photos of library catalog measurements for my escort cards and taking the time to discuss a detailed floor plan with us during our final walk-through. The space is magnificent, but the staff will make you feel like royalty.

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Laura and Judy at the Peabody were amazing to work with - always prompt with responses and answered questions thoroughly. We couldn't have been happier with how our wedding went! They worked so well with all the other vendors - we didn't have to worry about a thing! They even helped me use Peabody postcards as our save the dates! This is not just a breathtaking venue!!

Profile Picture Julie, 8/27/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I ADORE this venue! We had our wedding at the Peabody in July 2016 and the library was transformed into the most magical place. From the ceremony where light streamed into the main library through the skylight, to the intimate cocktail hour in the Exhibition Room (where our guests were excited to view the exhibit), to the unbelievable reception catered by Occasions. The staff at Peabody were incredibly prepared, responsive, and easy to work with. All of our needs were met above and beyond our expectations. One of our wedding guests loved the Peabody so much that she's decided to have her wedding there in March! Highly recommend this venue.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/23/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I never really had any doubt we would be married here. We knew we wanted a library, we knew we wanted to get married somewhere that was already dressed up enough and had an elegance of its own. When we saw the George Peabody Library's website we had to get married here. From the day I emailed Judy at the Private Events office, to the night of the wedding after we walked down the steps as husband and wife, we were thrilled with the experience. Professional, courteous, knowledgeable, patient, kind and caring, the Private Events staff was marvelous. It made it so easy that there were only a few caterers to choose from, and even better that there was a preferred vendors list for us to choose from to naturally narrow decisions down. My husband and I have no connection to Baltimore, and so when guests asked why we chose that to be the location of our wedding, we would say "wait until you walk in the room". Several guests came up to me that evening and the day after the wedding and said "we get it". The evening couldn't have been more magical, thank you!

Profile Picture sarah, 7/16/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Clean Up

What can I say? The most beautiful venue in Baltimore. The books, the atrium ceiling, the lovely architecture -- all made this the most striking location for my daughter's reception.

Profile Picture Alison , 5/21/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

The Peabody was an absolutely breathtaking and beautiful venue to get married in. The staff of the Peabody did an excellent job and were very responsive as soon as we signed the contract through our wedding day. I would highly recommend this venue to any bride looking for a venue that will blow the guests away and make your wedding day super special.

Profile Picture nikki, 4/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We were thrilled to have our wedding at the Peabody! The staff was very helpful along the way, the venue was beautiful, and we had a wonderful time. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

This is the most beautiful venue!!

Profile Picture Mary, 1/9/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up

Everyone we worked with at the Peabody was so professional and polite. Photos are not allowed in the bridal suite, which some brides may not like, but it was fine by me because I did not care to have those anyway. It was kind of a hassle having to find the right people on the day of to let us back into the bridal suite (you need a key to get up to it in the elevator) and our things had to be out of the room by a certain time so it was a little hectic running around. It is a little pricey for a venue - but for the "wow factor" and the convenience of having the ceremony, rehearsal, cocktail hour, and reception in one spectacular location it was worth it in our eyes and overshadows the little bit of stress of the bridal suite situation. They made the selection of our other vendors very easy by providing a "recommendation" list which we used to decide on the other services we needed. It made planning our wedding so straightforward! If we had to chose all over again, I will always choose the Peabody.

Profile Picture Alysa, 11/29/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Indoor

Getting married in this spectacular historic setting was a dream come true! The library provided a breathtaking, romantic, and memorable backdrop for our ceremony and reception. Our guests were blown away by the library and we continue to get compliments on our venue choice. Judy and her team were incredibly responsive and organized throughout the planning process. They worked seamlessly with our wedding planner and the other vendors we hired, including Bonny from Chef's Expressions, who provided a wonderful three-course meal for our guests.

As others have noted, there is an additional fee to take photos on the spiral and grand staircases at the Peabody. I recommend that Hopkins absorb or add this fee into the total rental cost for the library so that everything is paid for up front. One other thing to keep in mind: if you have close to the maximum number of guests for dinner and dancing, the dance floor will be fairly small, especially if you hire a large band.

Profile Picture User6129472, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up

Our Peabody wedding was amazing. The venue is stunning and the staff is helpful, kind, and accommodating.

Profile Picture User6040870, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved this venue. It was perfect for our Welcome/rehearsal dinner and it is beautiful. The staff was very helpful and easy to work with. The only complaint I have is that they charge you to use the circular stairs for photos!! To me that's nickel and diming people. AND you can only use them for a 2 hour period instead of all thru your party time. Other than that, everything was great!!

Profile Picture Eileen, 10/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I had my rehearsal dinner here and loved it. My guests all said that it was jaw-droppingly beautiful. It is really a special venue and I'd love to host another event here.

Profile Picture Julie, 10/16/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I am thoroughly convinced that there is no venue more beautiful. Judy at the Peabody is wonderful and was super responsive and ensured everything went smoothly during planning. Beware of some hidden costs (use of staircase for photos, use of piano). Also, there is no parking in the area, so you will need to arrange to have shuttle (I highly recommend) or a valet service for guests, though then you have to worry about people drinking and driving.

Profile Picture User4578526, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Indoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Wheelchair Access

This place was unbelievable! ! Organized, great time management, breathtaking venue ! What more could a girl as for. I will always have great memories, video and photography because of this amazing venue. If you want a wedding of a lifetime choose Peabody library!

Profile Picture shamane, 7/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

My wedding here on 7-11-15 was absolutely perfect in every aspect. The library is just GORGEOUS!! There is no place in Baltimore that compares to it. The staff at the library (minus the security guard) were a pleasure to work with (Judy, Laura, and Michelle) and they were responsive to my MANY needs, questions, and requests.
The day of the wedding, Michelle was beyond wonderful, so helpful, accommodating, and sweet! Everything ran so smoothly.
I have always wanted to get married at the library and it turned out just as beautifully as I had imagined. I hope I am fortunate enough to attend a wedding there as a guest so I can be there again :)

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/11/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Couldn't have imagined a more perfect wedding!

Profile Picture User5078368, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a beautiful wedding here on March 27, 2015! The staff was super helpful and accommodating, even though we arrived on-site much earlier than previously arranged. Michelle was in charge that day, and she was very professional. I basically didn't have to think about anything, other than getting married!

Profile Picture User4947454, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Believe it or not, I found this venue on Pinterest. All this time living in Baltimore, and I had not attended even one event here, or had even heard of it. Once I saw it, I knew I had to have my wedding here. It is stunning! Cozy, with the smell of books, literature, and flowers in the air - the perfect backdrop for the perfect wedding. All of my guests were in awe. The staff made it very easy to plan my wedding including a list of vendors who are very reliable and familiar with the space. This historic venue will not disappoint.

Profile Picture Shannon, 1/11/15, 2 Reviews