Geoff Hansen Photography Reviews

39 Reviews for Geoff Hansen Photography

1 User photo

Geoff Hansen Photography 1

Christine Hoyt · Married on 09/01/2018

He photographed my daughter’s wedding ceremony and reception in September 1, 2018.

It is hard to write a review which adequately describes our photography experience with Geoff Hansen without sounding cliché. It was a stress-free experience with amazing results. His relaxed yet professional approach was a good fit for my daughter and me as we planned my daughter’s wedding. His creative pictures captured the intimacy of relationships, the joy of the celebration, and the story of Logan and Nick’s journey. I cry every time I look at the photographs and I marvel at the way that Geoff photographed small details which had significance for our family. I am grateful that Geoff was a part of our celebration and I will definitely have him as our photographer for our next big family event.

Sent on 12/30/2018

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Chris. It was truly a treat to be the photographer at Logan and Nick's memorable wedding!

Maggie · Married on 09/02/2017

We would recommend Geoff Hansen to our friends and family with enthusiasm. Even though we have been familiar with his good work long before our vows ceremony, we still didn't fully appreciate how important the photos of the day would be to us until we got them back from Geoff. His photos did such a wonderful job reflecting a huge range of moments and emotions, from deeply loving to light and fun.

My favorite part about Geoff's photos is the way he finds true interactions that, on one hand, capture a sweet and fleeting moment, and on the other hand, timelessly speak to a long-term relationship and understanding. Somehow he does all of this without disturbing the scene as its unfolding; I guess that comes with the years, but it still is pretty incredible. If you're looking for someone to capture true-to-life photos that really tell the story of your day, that's Geoff.

Sent on 12/30/2017
    Geoff Hansen Photography 2

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thank you Maggie -- it was an honor to be a part of your celebration!

Christina · Married on 01/01/2017

We searched many wedding photographers online for the Upper Valley and found Geoff to be the only one we thought reasonably priced and realistic to work with for our needs. Everything turned out great on the wedding day and Geoff was right there capturing many of our special moments. We're very happy with the photographs of our special day!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Christina. Your wedding was a wonderful way to ring in the New Year!

Alison · Married on 09/10/2016

My husband and I are beyond thrilled with our decision to hire Geoff to photograph our wedding this past September. We chose Geoff because we had seen his beautiful work in the photographs he took of my husband's siblings' weddings in previous years and we knew that he would not take a bunch of phony, staged pictures but rather provide us with glimpses that would highlight both our's and our guest's personalities and convey the spirit of our wedding day. Geoff's documentary style absolutely delivered on letting the sincerety, joy, passion and excitement of our day shine through in the images he captured. He is so kind and unobtrusive - once the ceremony and reception got started we barely noticed him! But he somehow moved all around the grounds of the farm we were married at and captured not only the beauty of the grounds but hundreds of special moments between my husband and I as well as moments between us and our family and friends. We don't know how he did it but he got EVERYTHING. Inside jokes, happy tears, belly-clutching laughter, heartfelt embraces, silly moments, loving looks, dance attitudes - the images he captured for us are so full of genuine in-the-moment feeling. As for the time we spent with him during our "Getting Ready" and "Formal" photos, he was a delight to be around. He is easy-going, super accomodating, has a pleasant sense of humor - he's just a class-act, all around. As an added bonus, the formal couple and family portraits that we asked him to take turned out so beautiful and natural looking - no "staged" impressions whatsoever.

Every time we look through our photos we are transported back to the best day of our lives. We are so grateful for the way Geoff captured our wedding and made fleeting moments into tangible memories.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Alison, I'm blushing! There was so much joy, laughter, happiness (and music!) in front of me to photograph -- it was an honor for me to be part of your day.

Susan · Married on 09/04/2016

Geoff Hansen photographed our daughter's wedding two month ago, giving us a treasury of beautiful photographs to enjoy the rest of our lives.
    The product was exceptionally fine while being affordable. We appreciated the superb quality of the formal family photos and the quiet, effective way he went about organizing everyone and arranging families for the most effective presentation. He made great choices of what to capture of the reception, catching moments that would otherwise have slipped by unnoticed while managing to be inobtrusive.
    Communication with Geoff was easy and clear, and he accommodated our wishes in every way. We were glad to entrust him with the photos for our daughter's wedding.

Sent on 11/27/2016

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thanks so much -- I enjoyed photographing your daughter's special day!

Christie · Married on 08/06/2016

We hired Geoff for our wedding and we were extremely happy with the experience. Geoff was very easy to get in contact with, always responding quickly to emails with any questions. This was especially nice closer to the wedding date when things got hectic, Geoff was quick to email us with any details. At the wedding he did a great job with the formal pictures but my favorites are the small moments that we didn't even notice at the time that he captured. I would definitely recommend him to others!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Christie! It was my pleasure to be part of such a wonderful wedding day.

Beth · Married on 07/23/2016

Geoff takes a beautiful photo! He photographed our wedding in July 23rd and we could not be more pleased with the photos. We had some reservations about how our group would photograph but we were thrilled.

Sent on 08/17/2016

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thank you Beth -- you and your family were very kind to me and it was reflected in the photos!

Jenn · Married on 06/04/2016

We booked Geoff for our small, intimate elopement and we couldn't be happier with our decision! Neither of us had ever hired a professional photographer before, so we had no idea what to expect. And being that our wedding wasn't exactly traditional, we were worried about not having enough special moments to capture. But Geoff put us at ease right way, from the moment we reached out to request pricing, to sharing amazing samples of his work, to meeting on our wedding day! We were so impressed with his flexibility and professionalism. Even though our event was small, he made us feel like we were top priority. And of course, the photos he took were amazing! We're both shy people and a bit awkward in front of the camera, but somehow he managed to capture some truly amazing moments. When we first saw a preview of our pictures, we were immediately transported back to our special day. You should definitely consider Geoff for yours too!

Sent on 06/18/2016

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thanks, Jenn! You picked a beautiful location, it was a lovely ceremony and the tenderness between you shined in the pictures.

Nicole · Married on 10/24/2015

Geoff delivered the photo style that attracted us to his work - he captured the special, funny and touching moments of our big day in a way the brings us back every time we look at the pictures. He was incredibly professional and accessible, and kept a low profile during the wedding. We love the photos and highly recommend him.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thank you Nicole! Your day was fun to photograph - how many weddings have had a Halloween parade passing by during the reception?

Kyle · Married on 10/17/2015

Geoff was fantastic to work with. He provided some amazing pictures that captured our special day. He was rarely seen, yet managed to document so many wonderful moments throughout our event. His pricing was more than fair and in fact, we felt that he was getting paid much less than his competitors. He went above and beyond, catering to our locations and even showing up early to our events. Overall, Geoff was wonderful, provided some amazing photos and really captured the joy, laughter, and love of our marriage.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Kyle - I enjoyed being at your wedding to photograph the happiness and the silliness!

Lucy · Married on 07/25/2015

Geoff was professional and so easy to work with. He has a wonderful eye, and the ability to be hidden, yet capture every part of the day perfectly. The finished product was beautiful (and organized!) and my family couldn’t have asked for a better person to capture our memories.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thank you, Lucy. It was a wonderful occasion to photograph - I enjoyed being there!

Pete · Married on 06/21/2015

Geoff is absolutely fantastic! A great guy and an excellent photographer! He captured so many special moments during our wedding. He completely understood the vibe we were going for and was very willing to take direction for special images we wanted to capture and of course the unplanned photos and candids were by far the best. Geoff has a way of being everywhere at the right time- and yet he is never in the way blocking the view like so many other photographers out there. He'll blend in and go unnoticed, yet provide you with he best photographs you could imagine!

Sent on 10/11/2015

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thanks, Pete. I enjoy being part of celebrations where I see connections from others I have photographed, including your sister's wedding about 10 years ago.

Ashley · Married on 06/20/2015

Geoff was great! Geoff was professional and did exactly what we wanted. Geoff met with me prior to the wedding to look over my ideas and things I wanted. Geoff also gave suggestions when needed. Geoff is a great candid photographer! We got so many beautiful pictures of special moments! Thank you so much Geoff!!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thank you, Ashley. Your family is such a big part of our town and I was honored to be your photographer!

I found Geoff on a wedding website under a search for VT photographers. He was easy to contract with, provided access to prior wedding shoots, and he was flexible about the times of his services. I very much appreciated that he is the FARTHEST thing from pushy. We booked his "full services" for 5 hours on the wedding day (and paid for him to provide prints and digital copies of all photos) and with this he threw in an "engagement session" for free. The price was the best I found from anyone else.

On the day of the wedding he arrived right on time, introduced himself (we hadn't met in person) and started his photos without any guidance. Once he arrived, I really forgot he was around, as he took photos of the preparations and gathering guests without being obtrusive or invasive at all. Same with the trek out to the ceremony area and during the ceremony. In fact, he was so unobtrusive, I don't remember his presence at the ceremony or later reception AT ALL (though he captured some amazing photos, so I know he was there...).

The taking formal photos were probably the biggest drag of the whole day, but mostly because I find all formals so staged (in other words, this has NOTHING to do with any failure on his part). He did a good job about selection of the backdrop and taking a bunch of photos of each formal group so there were several that captured good shots of all members. He is very quiet and not pushy, so for efficiency's sake it might be good to designate a photo wrangler if your family members are hard to corral. I was pleasantly surprised to see many of my favorite photos did turn up from these formal photos.

The final photos were AMAZING. He captured all the important moments, people, etc and more. One of my favorite photos he captured as I escaped to guide our dogs in to the lodge to get a drink of water. He was everywhere and nowhere at once. We still consider him to be one of the best vendors we selected for the wedding.

Sent on 01/03/2016

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

With two crazy hounds in our household, I'm a sucker for weddings that include dogs. It was so much fun to photograph your celebration!

Jeanette · Married on 05/03/2015

Geoff photographed our wedding in Quechee, VT this Spring & did a fabulous job. Although my wife & I live out of state, Geoff was very responsive to all of the questions we had via email & made us comfortable throughout the vetting process. On the wedding day, Geoff showed up extra early to meet with us & finalize some last minute details.

The pictures that Geoff took that day were wonderful. We have received a lot of compliments on them already. In short, we would definitely recommend Geoff for any special occasions where a photographer is needed. He is very nice, super responsive & the ultimate professional.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thanks, Jeanette. My heart lifts when I photograph celebrations with so much joy and happiness!

Erin · Married on 12/20/2014

My husband and I had a small, private ceremony at a Vermont country inn with just our four year-old daughter and a justice of the peace, so we were a little nervous that it would be awkward adding a photographer into the mix. Geoff, however, was unobtrusive, professional, kind and a pleasure to work with. Were were completely satisfied with the pictures and the experience.

Sent on 11/16/2015

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

It was my pleasure to document your wedding's joy!

Christina · Married on 10/04/2014

Geoff was great to work with. It was pouring on our Wedding day but we still wanted to get married outside. The venue wanted us to move the wedding into the tent but with Geoffs help we were able to keep it outside. He was a trooper in the rain. The pictures came out fantastic with the umbrellas. The rain made our day that much more special.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Christina, it was wonderful to be part of your memorable day! Changing weather is part of the charm of New England weddings.

Geoff's photos were beautiful, intimate, fun, and everything else you could ever want out of wedding photos. We have treasured them over our first year of marriage and will for the rest of our lives. Also, Geoff was easy to work with, kind, unobtrusive, and overall a standup guy. I never noticed him during our ceremony, and yet, he has shots from every angle and every perspective. It would be easy to assume we had 2 photographers, because of the diversity and sheer number of shots he took of us. I am so grateful that Geoff was recommended to us and would highly recommend him for New England weddings!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thanks so much -- I'm blushing!

Ashley · Married on 08/09/2014

Geoff photographed our wedding in August 2014 at Bishop Farm in the White Mountains. We are SO thrilled with his work. From the very first contact we had with him via email all the way through the process of ordering prints over a year later, Geoff has been super easy to work with. The photos represent the day perfectly and we couldn't have asked for anyone better to capture the moments. Thanks, Geoff!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

It was a picture-perfect day, with a joyful celebration that is reflected in the photos. Thanks so much, Ashley!

Sarah · Married on 06/14/2014

Geoff captured so many beautiful moments at our wedding in June 2014! We were married at a church in Hanover and our reception was at Loch Lyme Lodges in Lyme, NH. The candid moments he photographed of us and our family and friends were amazing!!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Geoff Hansen Photography's reply:

Thanks, Sarah. I'll never forget hearing about your tears of happiness when you saw a candid photo I did of you with one of your flower girls.

Shannon · Married on 09/21/2013

Geoff photographed our wedding in September 2013, and we couldn't be happier with his work. His photos are so beautiful and captured all of the greatest moments from our wedding day, including ones we forgot about or didn't even realize had happened. We can clearly see Geoff's careful eye and attention to detail in the photos. All of our photos tell the story of our wedding; it is truly excellent work.

Geoff was so easy to work with. He was very flexible with us and our last minute changes to the flow of our wedding. Even after it started raining, Geoff maintained a calm demeanor and was able to capture beautiful photos, and get us to the party on time! And we were excited to receive our photos just a week after the wedding.

We highly recommend Geoff Hansen.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Emily · Married on 08/31/2013

Geoff is the best! He is non-invasive but somehow gets the most intimate and beautiful shots. In addition to his amazing photography, Geoff has such a professional demeanor. He photographed my wedding in Underhill Vermont this past spring. I would recommend him to anyone who wants classic beautiful wedding photos and at a reasonable cost.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Alice · Married on 08/17/2013

Geoff photographed our wedding in Plainfield this summer. He was extremely easy to work with and the photos he took turned out so beautifully! The pictures are all gorgeous--artistic without looking at all staged (because they weren't). He unobtrusively captured so many happy moments, and also gave a really authentic feel of the event.

I would highly recommend him to anyone, but especially to anyone who wants their photos done in color. I think it can be harder to make a perfect shot in full color than in black and white, and Geoff has the talent for it.

I actually gave a number of his photos in large frames as gifts to various relatives the year after the wedding because they were so beautiful!

Sent on 10/12/2015

kate · Married on 07/27/2013

Geoff photographed our wedding in the White Mountains this past summer. We are so thrilled with how everything turned out and can't recommend Geoff highly enough! He did an excellent job capturing the scenery, our guests, and the feel of the event, and we couldn't be happier with the final photos. He photographed everything about the day that we hoped he would and much more. From the photos, it seems he was everywhere at once! We absolutely love our wedding photographs and know that we will always treasure them. Every time we look at them, we are able to re-experience the joy that we felt that day and the beauty that surrounded us. In addition to producing beautiful artwork, Geoff is wonderful to work with, and many of our guests commented that they appreciated his calm, pleasant, and unobtrusive style. In short, we HIGHLY recommend Geoff and couldn't be more thankful for his excellent work at our wedding!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Micaela · Married on 05/26/2012

For anyone getting married in or around Vermont this year, I highly recommend Geoff Hansen. Geoff is a photojournalist so the quality and style of his photos are emotional and documentary rather than the stiff wedding photography everyone dreads (but pays through the nose for anyway). We wanted to capture all the important people, but also the joy and unique unpredictable moments of our day. Geoff did that perfectly (and he made us look good on top of it all). Look at Geoff's facebook and website, but also request a CD of his work--that's what really convinced us he was the right man for the job...and he's a dear, dear person on top of it.
    I loved working with Geoff so much that I asked him to do a maternity portrait the following year.

Sent on 10/30/2015