Genica Lee Reviews

104 | Tijeras, NM

104 Reviews for Genica Lee

• Margaret

Margaret Hilton · Getting married on 10/16/2021

Amazing Trial Session - Can't wait for the Real Thing!

Genica did an amazing job with my makeup trial session. I showed her a few pictures of make up that I liked, and she was able to meld them all to make me feel glamorous! I am so excited to have her do my wedding hair and makeup. I know it will be stunning.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Tamarra Kemsley · Married on 08/12/2020

Would have paid her just for her emails

Genica was, besides my mother, perhaps the most excited person about my wedding. Her big sister energy was sooo appreciated during the crazy process of planning a wedding from out-of-state.

Sent on 07/15/2020
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn Reisinger · Married on 03/14/2020

Best makeup and hair artist in ABQ - BOOK HER NOW!!!

If you want to feel (and look) like a princess on your wedding day, hire Genica. She is truly in love with love and will make you feel beautiful, pampered, and gorgeous.

I had 4 total in my wedding party (myself, mother of the bride, and 2 bridesmaids). Both of my girls looked gorgeous and could not stop looking at themselves after Genica was done. My mama looked beautiful and, most of all, I wanted to cry at how lovely my makeup came out.

I worked in makeup for some time and am usually picky about how my makeup looked but Genica is true artist and made sure I looked how I wanted to. I cannot recommend Genica enough. Do yourself a huge favor and hire her now! She is worth every penny and more!!

Sent on 03/30/2020
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 02/17/2020

Incredibly talented

Genica is so talented! She made our daughter and I feel absolutely beautiful. She was so sweet & patient, even while our daughter was coughing through her hair!!

Sent on 03/18/2020
  • Emily

Emily Killilea · Married on 12/30/2019

Hair Goddess

Genica did my hair for my elopement and I can't believe how amazing it came out. I travelled from across the country, so didn't have a trial. I showed her a few photos of hairstyles that I liked and she immediately knew what to do. I still cant believe how beautifully it came out! We hiked to our wedding location and throughout the day my hair remained perfect! Not to mention, Genica is so, so sweet & fun. Simply the best!

Sent on 07/08/2020
  • Kayla

Kayla Powell · Married on 10/05/2019

Warm, Talented HMUA

Genica was amazing to work with. We needed hair and makeup for 4 ladies. That being said, none of us are make up people. But Genica and her assistant were great to work with and made the experience very comfortable. She listened to everything I asked for and gave it to me exactly. I’ve never felt so beautiful. And! She was an excellent conversationalist.

Sent on 10/10/2019

Danielle Skuse · Married on 09/06/2019

Genica is the very best!!

Genica is so kind, talented and wonderful to work with! She did my hair/makeup trial the week of the wedding and I felt so comfortable having her with us on the wedding day! Her assistant Caitlyn was also so sweet and talented! Everyone’s hair and make up looked just as beautiful at the end of the night as it did in the morning! (Even after an outdoor ceremony, mariachi parade and cocktail hour in the Santa Fe wind!) She was able to give everyone the exact look they wanted & we all felt so beautiful! Genica really listens to what you want but still offers her opinion because she does have so much experience and such a great eye. 10/10 she is the best!!!!!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah Brown · Married on 08/23/2019

Sweetness encarnate!

Genica is an absolute doll! She made me and my whole family feel comfortable and well loved during the prepping with her engaging conversation and beautiful nature. I absolutely adored working with her as she's a fascinating woman witha heart the size of Texas. When I asked for more natural, subdued makeup, she happily obliged. Even though I was concerned it was still too much (since I don't usually wear any makeup) when I saw it outside it was absolutely perfect. My hair was gorgeous and even held up to a whole night of fast swing dancing! I can't recommend this beautiful soul enough.

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan Sherman · Married on 07/20/2019

Genica is the best!!!!

Oh man, I can't recommend Genica enough!!!! Let me start by saying that I am not one to let people touch my hair or make up- I have truly hated every prom, homecoming, or special event hair/make up I've had done, so I was worried about hiring a HMUA for the wedding. If this is you, please know that Genica is a totally different story- she made me feel so comfortable, confident, and beautiful, and is SO skilled at what she does. She is truly a joy to be around. She makes you feel like a literal celebrity, and truly cares about getting to know her clients. Her work is incredible! She perfectly highlights features without looking cakey, clumpy, or overdone. My mom and I both felt so beautiful on my wedding day, and the ease of not having to worry about doing your own hair and make up is priceless. For my hair, she did beautiful braids, and she artfully arranged flower pins and a crystal accessory. Seriously, stunning. She listens to what you want and then executes it in a way that's better than you could imagine! If you are a nervous bride like I was, just work with Genica- you will look and feel like an absolute princess

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Gonnabeaburch

Alba · Married on 07/10/2019

Such a sweet woman!

This woman is so sweet and thoughtful! She was completely understanding of my concerns and made adjustments to accommodate my needs. I am so excited to work with her!

Sent on 01/30/2019
  • Jackie

Jackie Meyners · Married on 06/22/2019

So fun to work with! Beautiful job!

Genica was so much fun to work with, and does incredible work. She's a very relaxed woman, which was a welcome presence on my wedding day. She was able to hang out with all of my crazy bridesmaids, my mother and mother-in-law, and all of us at once! She did hair for the moms and bridesmaids, which all turned out beautifully, and finished with my hair and make-up. She gave me a lot of reassuring words and some final moments of peace and relaxation before everything got crazy, which I was so incredibly thankful for. And she did a phenomenal job! Thank you so much for being a part of our day, Genica!

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Josie

Josie Pratt · Married on 06/15/2019

Great experience even as someone not used to getting H&M done!

Genica did my hair and makeup for my wedding a couple of months ago and she was great! I usually wear minimal makeup and don’t do much with my hair. She was super friendly and great at making me feel at ease while going through a process that I wasn’t accustomed to. After we did the trial session, I had some thoughts about how I wanted my look to be different on the day of, and she was great at receiving feedback. We talked through what I was going for again, and she changed her approach to reflect what I was looking for. Throughout our planning process, she was very accessible by email and always replied quickly and was also easy to reach by phone. On the day of our wedding, she was super prompt and got everything done quickly and did a great job! Although I cried a lot during our ceremony and danced like a crazy person, makeup and hair all stayed intact from when she left at 11am through the afterparty at 2am. Strongly recommend Genica!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 05/26/2019

Incredible stylist!

Genica captured the exact look that I wanted for my wedding day--she totally NAILED it! I wanted an updo, and she made it look exactly like the photo I showed her (even though my hair was thinner than that in the photo). She is incredibly kind and a joy to work with. I loved having her as part of my wedding day! When I looked back at wedding photos, I thought wow what if I hadn't found Genica to do my hair and makeup because it seriously looks amazing and held up so well in the 30 mph winds we encountered on our day. At the end of my wedding, we did sunset photos and my hair and makeup still looked perfect 10 hours later! Genica made all my wedding beauty dreams come true while keeping my look authentically me, and I highly recommend her for hair and makeup services!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Jamie · Married on 05/18/2019

Excellent service

Genica is very sweet and personable! I enjoyed hanging out with her on my wedding day. Loved my hair and makeup!!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Patrick Barnett · Married on 03/02/2019

She did an excellent job on hair and makeup

Genica did an excellent job. She immediately understood the look I was going for, and I really liked how it turned out.

Sent on 03/24/2019
  • Teresa

Teresa Davies · Married on 09/29/2018

Highly recommend!!

Genica is AMAZING!!! My hair and make-up couldn’t have possibly been any better – I was so impressed! Genica did HMU for me, my bridesmaids, & my flower girl and we all loved it. She is so sweet and pleasant to work with, she was very helpful and responsive answering my (million) questions leading up to the big day. My make-up looked amazing and felt natural. I wish she could do my HMU every day – I HIGHLY recommend Genica!!!

Sent on 12/29/2018

Sydney · Married on 09/21/2018

A true artist

Genica is the most delightful person, she genuinely made me feel beautiful on my most special day. She took my dream look and made it a reality along with using my naturally curly hair to create the loose updo I wanted. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Genica!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Emily · Married on 09/20/2018

Magic. Beautiful Magic.

Magic. Genica is pure, unadulterated magic. I cannot sing from the rooftops enough about how much I adore Genica and her amazing talent. Our entire wedding party (my mom included) spoke for weeks about how beautiful we felt after Genica did our hair and makeup. And while I believe Genica is beyond talented, her energy and spirit send the experience over the top.

Sent on 11/01/2018

Kayla · Married on 08/28/2018

Genica was perfect! From the makeup, the hair, and the whole experience of having her around to get excited with, laugh, and share a meaningful day. My husband and I eloped and Genica went above and beyond to make our experience the sweetest and most fun. Having her there was the best decision we made, other than choosing each other to marry!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Casey · Married on 08/25/2018

It's hard to express how wonderful Genica is! On your wedding day she will take all the beauty inside of you and put it on the outside. She's so amazing at what she does, she takes care to understand what you want, but she also has such a good vision for what works with your skin/hair/eyes etc! Her photos speak for themselves, but I have never felt so pretty and yet so me! Not to mention that she's such a wonderful human and a pleasure to be around on your special day! I cried my way through my wedding, paraded around outside in a thunderstorm and a rainy cocktail hour and my makeup and hair held through it all! Don't even hesitate to book Genica!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Tracey · Married on 08/19/2018

Genica was an amazing person to work with. She listened to what I wanted and did an amazing job!
    Thank you Genica!

Sent on 08/24/2018
  • Kelcie

Kelcie · Married on 06/08/2018

Do yourself a favor and book this beautiful soul to do your hair and makeup for your big day. Genica is skilled, patient, and knowledgeable in her art and I assure you that you can trust her to make sure every hair is in place for the entire day. I seriously cried at least 3 times and my eye and face makeup didn't budge. She makes you feel comfortable right away and will make your dream look become reality. I waited until the last possible moment to wash off my makeup that night because it STILL looked so good even 12 hours later!! Don't be dumb and not hire Genica. She. Is. The. Best.

Sent on 06/29/2018

Genica Lee's reply:

Oh My gosh, Kelcie!! This made me smile so much, and I appreciate you promoting me!! I was so honored and happy to work with your beautiful self, and I am lucky to have met you. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!! Again, this review is the sweetest!! xoxoxo

Katie · Married on 04/28/2018

Genica was perfect! She did hair and makeup for myself, my best friend and my sister for my wedding in Santa Fe. She is a joy to be around and made me feel so comfortable even though I've never had hair and makeup done before. Her prices are very reasonable, and the end result is fabulous! I've never felt more beautiful in my life! HIGHLY recommend her as your next HMUA!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Genica Lee's reply:

Katie!!!! Thank you so much for sharing some photos (I love this new feature so much), and thank you for trusting me with your beautiful face and hair). I loved everything about you and your family, and I am so grateful I met you. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! xoxo

Nancy · Married on 03/10/2018

Genica should be one of the first vendors you book! Everyone looked absolutely beautiful on the day of my daughter's wedding. She and her assistant arrived on time and set up in the suite. She added to the calm nature of the day. She listened to what my daughter wanted for herself and for her bridesmaids. EVERYONE commented on how beautiful the wedding party looked. I would highly recommend, Genica!!

Sent on 04/15/2018

Genica Lee's reply:

Nancy, thank you so very much for your extra kind review and words. It was such a pleasure working with your family, and I can't take much credit for the stunning canvases I had to work with :). These photos are beautiful, and I thank you for sharing them! So much love to you all!

Allison · Married on 12/30/2017

Words truly cannot express how much I, my family, and bridal party appreciated Genica!!! She is so talented, the absolute sweetest, and an all around amazing person. The decision to use Genica was one of the best we made regarding the entire wedding! She took the time to ask and really listen to what I had envisioned for my hair and makeup and was an absolute artist in bringing my words to life. She took any feedback I had during our trial and made the adjustments without hesitation. She helped us all look so beautiful, and everything lasted throughout the night! I just wish I could use her for every event in the future!! She had great communication throughout the planning process and really went above and beyond to make sure the day was so special. It is clear that Genica really loves love, and you will love her too!

Sent on 02/01/2018