Genesis Farm and Gardens Reviews

Genesis Farm and Gardens 7
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 08/18/2018

Fantastic!

Everything about this venue is to DIE for! I wanted a country chic wedding and this is it!! That big field, the gardens, the barn and just the atmosphere was amazing!! I could not have asked for a better day!

Sent on 12/12/2018
    Genesis Farm and Gardens 20
    Genesis Farm and Gardens 21
    Genesis Farm and Gardens 22

E · Married on 06/02/2018

I am so excited to write a rave review for Genesis Farm and Gardens. My daughter's wedding was 6-2-18 and it was drop dead gorgeous! The new owners of this venue (I think it's their second year) are just amazing. Vauneè Birchler, has many years of experience as a wedding planner and was just invaluable in our planning. She was available for us every time we had a question and, without being overbearing, gave us so many good ideas as to how the evening would run as smoothly as possible. We had a wood fired pizza truck for our caterer (who were also awesome!) and we used the bar tending service suggested by Vauneè.

In addition to the beautiful garden for the ceremony, the barn and tent/patio area are beautifully maintained and decorated in elegant style.
    For the wedding party there are two amazing "cabins" to prepare for the ceremony. It was so much fun watching my daughter and her bride's maids get ready together in this beautiful place.

The best way to sum it up is "Absolutely Magical".

I'm so grateful for Vauneè and all her help. Wedding planning is not something many of us do more than once or twice and she made it so much easier! Thank you, thank you Vauneè!

Sent on 06/08/2018

amy · Married on 06/18/2015

I am amazed at the beauty of this venue! Judy takes such pride at having the grounds just right, lush green grass, flowers and greenery everywhere! you can literally get away with not using a florist! It is rustic, but very versatile at the same time! I was so impressed with how much Judy helped us along the way. She stayed in touch as to what we needed and kept me on track. Shes open to however you would like your wedding to run, and in a way plays a wedding planner role. She offers to run the ceremony however you would like. She also has staff to move all of the tables and chairs very quickly and discreetly between ceremony and reception, as well as staff to direct parking, and watch over the parking lot during the wedding. I LOVE all of her animals and the baby deer she has every year. Our guests thought it was awesome they could feed them apples and interact with them! The doves being let our at the first kiss is such an amazing touch! overall it was just a great,low stress experience. The love that Judy has for her job is amazing! She puts so much time and effort into it, it was worth every penny, I definable recommend this venue!! Thank you Judy!! :)

Sent on 09/02/2015

Jason · Married on 05/29/2015

My wife and I got married here last Thursday (May 28th 2015) and it was nothing short of perfect. The owner Judy couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. She was with us every step of the way. The venue was amazing with all the flowers and the pond everything in the landscape was beautiful. For the price and the comfort and the friendly staff this place is by far the best around hands down!!!

Jayne · Married on 05/28/2015

It was the most beautiful place to have a wedding. They had a choice of indoor or outdoor venues. I have never been to a more amazing place to have a wedding. It made the ceremony intimate & extra special. There were very few dry eyes, including the men. I would recommend to any couple that want their day to be extra special to have their wedding here. She was so helpful from start to finish. I couldn't have been more pleased. It was the most memerable day ever. And I've been to a lot of weddings from big fancy venues to small family only intimate country venues. If I had the opportunity to do my Wedding all over again I wish I could have had it here.

Sent on 06/02/2015

My husband and I were married at this venue last year and absolutely loved it. The landscaping is beautiful, it is surrounded by flowers, ponds, gazebos and has a beautiful barn so that in the event it rains you could still have a dry place to get married. The venue adheres to strict rules for alcohol, as an example, if you want to have a toast prior to the wedding you just need your bartender present. I learned in booking this venue how strict the state and county is when it comes to alcohol and that helped explain why these rules needed to be followed. The owner is extrememly passionate about your wedding being beautiful, we were running late getting the decorations up and she and her staff pulled together and finished for us so I could go get ready with my bridal party. If you are looking for a place to get wasted and just party, this isn't your place. If you want an elegant, beautiful and peaceful place to get married, this is your place.

Sent on 04/10/2015

Kellie · Married on 09/14/2013

We were married here in September 2013, and could not ask for more. I fell in love with the place when I first visited the site 3 months after getting engaged. Bud, one of the owners, showed us around and we just fell in love with everything that had to offer. I gave them my check that day. Not only did they help us coordinate our wedding, they gave us ideas and recommendations to make our wedding one of a kind. Judy also was our florist too, she created the most beautiful bouquets and arrangements! I tell you, Genesis Farm & Gardens has so much to offer, the pictures online do not do them justice. My wedding, was a fairy tale to me, with all the flowers and ponds, the sounds and views, and the different locations on site give you so much freedom to have the ultimate outdoor, or indoor wedding! I cannot say enough good things about these guys! The barn, the gardens, the tent, you get it all here! We even had a huge problem when our caterer didn't bring the sparkling cider, one of the owners went down the store in a hurry and got us some just in time, and I didn't even know until afterwards! What a wedding pro!
    Highly recommend, this place is not only beautiful, go see them and you'll set a sense of calmness and peace, love and family, and that's what it's all about.

Sent on 01/06/2014
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 07/07/2012

Could not have asked for a more beautiful setting for our wedding to take place! The owners of the property have definitely done this a few times, and really do know what they are talking about. The upkeep of the place is great. They were very helpful with different ideas, as well as giving tips on what past brides had done. I didn't think too much on tables and chairs, but with them setting everything up and taking it down, it was a huge weight off of our family and friends' shoulders in having to do that. We had so many comments on how gorgeous everything was. People were mesmerized by the sites and views. July was the perfect time, all the flowers in bloom. There were even a few surprises we kept from our guests that made it that much cooler when it happened. You will have to go there to find out what it was!! This place definitely gets my vote!

Sent on 08/10/2012

Amanda · Married on 06/02/2012

Our wedding at Genesis Farm and Gardens was positively perfect! The owner, Judy, was always very polite and accommodating, let us see the venue as many times as we wanted and answered any and all questions we had. She is so kind and helpful. The venue is so beautiful and well-kept, with lots of options and perfect picture spots. Judy also acted as our florist and did an amazing job, we couldn't have been more pleased. The day of our wedding came and the rain started, though Judy gave us the option of switching the ceremony inside to the barn, she never pressured us when we said we wanted to wait it out and when the break in the clouds came the gardens were set up quickly and efficiently. I wholeheartedly recommend Genesis Farm and Gardens!

Sent on 06/25/2015

D · Married on 08/07/2010

We were married at this location a few weeks ago. It was such a gorgeous day. Everything was explained to us in detail about how the day would go and the owners offered suggestions as to how they thought it flowed best. They had a great list of vendors that they work with and we used most of them. It's always good to know you're getting someone good. The grounds were beautiful and our pictures were fantastic because of all of the different locations available. Great place, would definitely recommend it.

Sent on 08/18/2010

Deanna · Married on 07/24/2010

I was married at this venue on 7/24/2010. It could not have been more beautiful. We visited at least 7 other venues before choosing this one and for what was included in the price, Genesis was the best value. I found that all were close in price but most of them didn't include set up, take down or garbage service without and additional fee. All chairs and tables were set up and taken down by the owners, as well as garbage hauled away and their service went above and beyond what I would have expected. One of the owners is a minister so we chose to have him do the service as we didn't have a minister that we knew, he did such a nice job on the service. We had a crowd of 85-90 people and almost all of them said it was the nicest wedding they'd ever been to and that it was very comfortable, which is what I wanted. People are there to share your day with you and you want them to feel comfortable. The grounds are beyond words, there are flowers in every shape, size and color everywhere. Another huge plus about this venue is that they have a Plan B and Plan C, they have a huge tent if the weather isn't cooperating and if it's really not cooperating, they've converted their barn so that the ceremony could be in there as well. It's pure white inside and is all wrapped in white lights. The owners were constantly checking on us to make sure everything was going as planned and made sure we were always taken care. They went over the contract with us so that we understood any liabilities on our part as well as theirs. I would recommend this location to anyone wishing to have wedding, you have to see it to appreciate it.

Sent on 08/10/2010

heather · Married on 05/28/2015

This venue was perfect for me and my husbands wedding, it was everything we hoped for and more. Judy, the lady that runs it was very sweet, kind, helpful and much more. In other words, she was simply amazing. We could not have asked for anything more for our special day. I you want a beautiful outdoor or indoor wedding surrounded by wonderful flowers and a great vibe this is where you should tie the knot. Thanks so much genesis farms and Judy, you were wonderful.

Susie · Married on 08/06/2017

I love this venue. I helped with a wedding with the previous owner and fell in love the place. Now the second season under new ownership shows that when you love what you do it shows. Super excited to see the continued progress of the place. It just keeps getting better.

Sent on 08/04/2017

Kayla · Married on 08/20/2016

There is a lot of decorations already that you don't need to purchase on top of the venue! It is a great place that needs very little personal decoration.

Sent on 09/10/2016

Tiffanie · Married on 08/16/2008

3.2
      3.0
      2.5
      3.5
      3.0

I loved my wedding and I didn't no of any of the things that were happening behind the scenes, but heard about it the next day. In our contract with this vendor they were supposed to do the setup and clean up, my family did both. The company did set up the tables and some of the chairs. The vendor seemed really stressed and freaking out, which seemed weird for someone who has about 3 weddings a weekend? It was a beautiful place to be married and highly recommend the views and the site, but the people in charge made it a little stressful for my family who were trying to do other things. They charged my maid of honor $5 to use saran wrap to wrap our dinner to go. That was ridiculous!!!

Sent on 09/28/2008

0.8
      2.0
      0.5

AVOID. Rude owner, rude staff...I was a guest at a wedding here this past summer and for some friends of mine, and couldn't believe the lack of respect and gratitude extended towards the bride and groom and their guests by the staff, especially the owner: an EXTREMELY rude lady who acts all official with a Bluetooth in her ear but comes across as a Nazi. HORRIBLE!! I asked her where the bathrooms where and she said something like "Can't you see the sign? It's right THERE." And she practically yelled it...a bunch of people turned their heads in alarm. What a witch! And the staff kind of follow her lead with a pretty uncaring attitude. I was genuinely surprised. I remember contacting this company way back when for our own wedding, considering it for our own venue...so glad we didn't go here!

Sent on 04/17/2015