Genesis Banquet Center & Catering Reviews

67 | Saint Louis, MO

67 Reviews for Genesis Banquet Center & Catering

67 Genesis Banquet Center & Catering Reviews

Alexis · Married on 07/06/2018

This Venue Was Amazing! We Had Our Wedding Ceremony & Reception Here (July6,2018) And Everything Was PERFECT! From The Wedding Rehearsal To Our Wedding Day! Our Wedding Decorations And Everything Where Beautiful, I Literally Walked Into My Wedding Blown Away! Meagan is the most Patient & Flexible Venue Coordinator Ive ever meet. She was so responsive to every phone call, text , and email. Matt made sure everything ran smoothly on our wedding night and our bartender was THE BEST! She kept our drinks coming ! Everything was not only amazing with decorations & venue but also Price wise! Please please please for any event look into genesis catering & banquet you will not be let down !!!!!!

Genesis Banquet Center & Catering 1
    Genesis Banquet Center & Catering 2
    Genesis Banquet Center & Catering 3
    Genesis Banquet Center & Catering 4
    Genesis Banquet Center & Catering 5
    Genesis Banquet Center & Catering 6

Karen · Married on 06/09/2018

We had our daughters wedding reception at Genesis and I could not have been more pleased. They had just remodeled and the room was so beautiful! We had our own table decorations and they had everything perfect! The food was Amazing, everyone complimented on how great it all was! Thank you for making the night so special.

Jana · Married on 03/17/2018

I absolutely love this venue! The family who owns the place is so nice and helpful. They make it so easy to plan the perfect reception. Also, the location is great!

S · Married on 12/02/2017

Genesis is the best value for the money in St. Louis!!! We received many compliments on the food - apricot chicken & top round of beef. I can't say enough positive compliments about Matt, Megan, Sharon, and their team. They were warm, helpful, professional, flexible. We used both sides of the banquet room, which made it very spacious. The facility is attractive and comfortable, but not super-luxurious if that is your desire. We found their pricing to be by far the best in St. Louis.

Rachel · Married on 11/18/2017

I had my wedding at Genesis in November and it was beautiful. The food was on point, the venue was recently updated with lovely neutral colors, and the staff was friendly. Genesis is the best bang for your buck! I was working in a tight budget and didn't think I could afford a banquet center but was able to. 10/10 highly recommend!

Amanda · Married on 10/21/2017

Genesis was the best choice I could have possibly made for my venue. They were amazing through it all. The food was outstanding, the staff was so friendly, and they made the room absolutely beautiful. They made everything run so smoothly. It was great. I honestly could not have been happier. I would recommend Genesis to everyone!

Samantha · Married on 09/30/2017

I couldn’t say any nicer things about Genesis Catering.It was the icing on top of the cake to such a beautiful day for us.
    I had my wedding reception September 29th, 2017 at the Telegraph location. Dinner was amazing, the bar service was amazing and so were the employees. They make it so easy to plan your wedding with options for invitations, your wedding cake, DJ, Photobooth, and really anything you want. You can tell they really love their jobs because they do such an incredible job.

Everything leading up to the reception was so easy. Everyone whom worked at Genesis was so easy to talk to and answered any questions that I had. They helped set up put tables and offered any help they could.

We had a lot of people and wanted the reception to be spacious and the venue was perfect.The reception was so affordable and was at the highest quality service. If I ever have any big events again, I would absolutely use Genesis Catering again!!

So thankful for them!!

Genesis Banquet Center & Catering 7
    Genesis Banquet Center & Catering 8

Jennifer · Married on 09/17/2017

We had our wedding reception at the telegraph location on 9/17/17. It was amazing. Leading up to the wedding day they were great with answering any questions I had promptly. The day of I didn't have to worry about a thing. We dropped off all decorations the day before and it was taken care of. The food is SO good! Our guests raved about how good it was. Throughout the reception I was asked how things were going or if we needed anything, but they were on the ball so nothing needed to be requested! We went with the lighting they provide and it was beautiful. The day after I came to pick up my decorations all packed up. Thank you to Genesis staff for being extremely pleasant throughout this whole experience and the night of our reception. All smiles.

Donna · Married on 09/15/2017

We had our wedding/reception at Genesis in September. The entire staff was wonderful and very helpful. I can't say enough about the venue, food, cake and DJ, it was truly a magically night. If you are looking for a great place for your wedding/reception/party that offers you a great experience at a reasonable price check out Genesis.

Genesis Banquet Center & Catering 9
    Genesis Banquet Center & Catering 10
    Genesis Banquet Center & Catering 11

Angie · Married on 09/09/2017

We got married on September 9, 2017. Genesis was beyond amazing! They had everything set up and ready to go. everything was beautiful and the food is to die for. Megan was an absolute saint to help me with everything!

Brittany · Married on 05/20/2017

Very friendly people to work with who really went out of the way for us! Also VERY affordable. Everything was perfect! The food was delicious, their in-house DJ was great, and everything ran very smoothly. Megan also did phenomenal decorating for us (we dropped everything off the day before). The only thing I would have changed is getting to pick which food we wanted to try beforehand so we could have made sure to pick the best dishes (the tasting is standard). Highly recommend!

Nicole · Married on 11/12/2016

Great food and amazing service!! I was thrilled by Genesis!

Nikki · Married on 09/24/2016

Had an excellent experience with Megan. She was very helpful even at then end with all of the last minute questions thrown at her!

Ashley · Married on 07/02/2016

I remember going through the process of asking venues and caters for quotes for our wedding. One after another we kept getting figures that made you ask yourself, "how does anyone afford to get married?". Our wedding had upwards of 225 people attending so, we had to find somewhere we could afford and also give our guests a nice area to celebrate with us. We came across the Moolah Shriner Center in Creve Coeur, who uses Genesis for catering. Were we ever grateful we found them. The people at the Shriner Center and Genisus were very easy to work with and answered all questions that we had. We were also given suggestions for preferred Wedding Cake bakery (Wedding Wonderland) and DJ (John Hoffman), which made some of the other items in wedding planning easier. Our food items we picked had a mixture of both the Classic and Deluxe buffet items. The food was excellent. Mashed potatoes and gravy, glazed carrots, Pork Tenderloin, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Mostaccioli (St. Louis tradition) and the beginnings of bread and salad. We also had a open bar and the selection was pretty much anything you can find here in St. Louis. We stuck to the basics but the beer selection was great. It also came with mixed drinks. Over all, the price and overall experience was everything that simple folks like myself could ever want. Great food, great service, great venue, and a great night for our wedding. We would definitely recommend Genesis to anyone!

Sarah · Married on 06/18/2016

Chad, Megan, and the whole Genesis catering team were fantastic throughout the whole wedding planning process. They were always quick with responses whenever questions would arise.  Most importantly, they were extremely flexible and did things that other caterers would have charged us a lot extra for. They made things run very smoothly the day of as Chad was there the whole night adjusting the time of the buffet after we arrived late and letting us keep our decorations at the hall for an extra week while we were on our honeymoon. I would definitely recommend Genesis for all of your catering needs.

AGNES · Married on 06/11/2016

I used Genesis for my wedding reception on June 11. I grew up in St. Louis but I now live in KS and have for the past 6 years. So I was having a lot of worry and anxiety from planning a wedding from a state away and being rusty on potential locations and vendors in the area.
    Thanks to a suggestion from a friend, I came upon genesis. I had the absolute greatest ease planning with them!
    They are so friendly! They are so kind and flexible when it comes to scheduling. They are so great to communicate with! And they do A LOT of things that you wouldn't think of!
    Megan and Matt were life savers for us during the planning process.
    The food was amazing. And the pricing is SO affordable!
    I am very pleased with my experience with Genesis!

Kavina · Married on 05/21/2016

Chad, Matt and Megan were the best to work with for our wedding.
    The staff prior to our wedding was always responsive. The food tasting was amazing. All of this made us very confident for our wedding day.

The wedding day I walked into the reception room at the Moolah and it was PERFECT. It was set up exactly how was discussed. The staff bartender (Cheryl) was so sweet and served the groom and I. The food was great. Everything turned out exactly how was envisioned we had no complaints what so ever.

If you're looking to host a wedding or any other big important life event, these are the people you want to deal with and this is the food you want to be eating. Chad and staff: Thank you so much for making our day 1 in a million! We appreciate it!

Heidi · Married on 04/16/2016

I could write a novel of glowing reviews for Genesis. Both my husband and I are beyond pleased with the job they did for our wedding reception. I stumbled upon Genesis thanks to the Knot and am so grateful I did. It offered everything we needed and wanted! When we began searching for venues, we had our work cut out for us! We had well over 300 guests, I didn’t want to share my reception with another wedding or with the public, AND they had to have excellent food! It seriously became mission impossible to find the perfect venue for us…until we came across Genesis! It was perfect! We were quite pleased with the price, the staff are beyond AMAZING and the food is honestly some of the best food I’ve had in my life, let alone at a wedding reception! The venue had plenty of space for our guests! Megan was truly a God-send! I swear we must have exchanged several hundred emails/phone calls, etc. and she was always eager to help in whatever way she could and answered ALL of my questions! I think she even became my wedding coordinator at times. She is the all-time perfect coordinator to have, especially if you’re a Type-A perfectionist like me! She made everything so easy for us! We are so appreciative and grateful for her! Matt was very helpful the day-off, too! My mom started trying to clean and tear down towards the end of the night and he insisted that he and his staff do it so we could enjoy the rest of the night! Seriously, the only venue I know of that would let you do that! I cannot even begin to describe how delicious the food was! Our tasting made it impossible to decide on the menu because everything was so good. We selected a few options that we didn’t even taste beforehand and I honestly wouldn’t have changed a thing! We still get comments from our guests about how good the food was and our wedding was over 3 months ago! I still crave their cheesy potatoes at times, so we will definitely be returning customers!

Tamara · Married on 04/01/2016

This is hands down the best service, food and quality ever. They work with you for whatever needs and wants you have. Their goal is to make whatever you have going on better than you could even imagine. My reception was the best and all of the compliments after made it that much more worth every moment. For all your needs look no further.

Alexandra · Married on 01/09/2016

LOOK NO FURTHER!!! Genesis Banquet Center is THE place to have your wedding reception!! The staff is incredible…they are friendly, helpful, and go out of their way to accommodate any wants or wishes. The food is AMAZING and we got so many compliments on it from our guests. The room size can accommodate a large number of guests and there is still plenty of room for dancing.Choosing Genesis Banquet Center is really a no brainer. You get more for your money without sacrificing quality and service. Thank you Genesis for making my wedding day so amazing. We know everyone had a blast.

Our daughter's wedding reception at the Moolah Ballroom catered by Genesis was absolutely fabulous! We could not have wished for a more perfect night! Chad and his staff were fantastic! They are professional and made sure everything was just as we requested right down to the smallest of details! Could not be happier!!!

You want good food, great people to work with then this is the place. Matt and all the staff at Genesis were so nice and did everything they could to make our day so wonderful and stress free. I had a candy bar and they set it up exactly the way I want and keep it stocked with the candy I brought. The food was excellent and the room was so beautiful. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Amanda · Married on 10/17/2015

I used Genesis for my wedding in October 2015. They were great from start to finish. They answered all of my questions and were available every time I called and emailed. The food was also delicious- I was very happy with it! There are so many different aspects of planning a wedding and Genesis made that part so much less stressful for me! I would absolutely use them again!

Excellent food and atmosphere. We received many compliments. We love the extra large dance floor.