Generations Mobile DJ Service Reviews

24 Reviews for Generations Mobile DJ Service

• Haley

Haley Currie · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing!

Hayley was our DJ last weekend for our wedding! She was phenomenal! Kept the party going and everyone dancing! We ended up adding an extra hour to the wedding because we were having so much fun! Kyle made everything so easy to set up before the big day. Absolutely loved how convenient their website was to use to enter wedding details and special songs!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Brawley · Married on 06/08/2019

Wonderful Entertainment, great people!

Kyle with Generations was a wonderful touch to our wedding at Tryon Palace! He kept the night alive and the people dancing, and even danced a little himself! Kyle is a friend, but kept everything professional and provided wonderful customer service! The online tool he has allows you to select your favorite songs, as well as keeping every request organized! Our guests are still raving about how great the DJ was! We hands down recommend Kyle and the Generations team!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/08/2019

A great choice!

Generations Mobile DJ service was the perfect choice for our wedding. Paul was organized, charismatic, friendly, and professional. He chose great music for the ceremony and provided our chosen ceremony music beautifully! Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Gina

Gina Lyons · Married on 04/13/2019

Best DJ Service Around

DJ Paul with Generations wet above and beyond for our big day. He was very easy to contact prior to our ceremony and was very responsive to any questions I had. the day of he worked around some TORRENTIAL downpours during our ceremony and still managed to mic the minister so we could all hear. The reception is where he blew us all out of the water. I didn't have any specific songs we wanted played rather than our first dance, daddy/daughter etc. He read the crowd perfectly and played songs that had our wedding ROCKING and everyone dancing. It was phenomenal. I would highly recommend this company for your wedding or any event! High energy, great song selections, and VERY easy to work with!

Sent on 04/17/2019

Steve Banks · Married on 11/11/2018

DJ KP is the best

Kyle and generations DJ's worked very hard to accommodate all of our wishes. He went above and beyond to make sure we were completely satisfied with his services. He has very nice equipment, lighting, speakers, etc. By the end of the reception, he was a member of the family!

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • Robert

Robert Lavoie · Married on 11/10/2018

For our wedding.

I'll tell you what. This company is miles above others that we looked into. They are easy to work with, you are their first thought in their mind. Highly energetic, courteous, and very personable. They even got pictures from our wedding that our photographers didn't. If you don't choose these guys, at some point you might he upset with yourself. Thank You for making my wife and I extremely excited during our wedding. It wouldn't have been as Awesome if you all weren't there.

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfect! Definitely recommend

Paul was our DJ for our wedding on October 20, 2018. He did an amazing job!! He was in touch with us several times before the wedding to get a good sense of what we wanted/our style. On the wedding day, he did a great job keeping the party going. He was entertaining, funny, and he even got out on the dance floor and danced with us & our guests which was awesome! He also did an awesome job playing all our song requests (we let our guests request songs with their rsvps so we had a LOT).

Thank you, Paul, for making our wedding reception into a really fun party!! Our friends and family were really impressed with you!

Sent on 11/23/2018

Mark Munoz · Married on 07/29/2018

Highly recommend!

Tons of fun and very flexible!

Sent on 04/11/2019

Angie · Married on 06/16/2018

My wedding experience with this DJ was awesome!

He was awesome! From working with payments prior to the wedding and my wedding was a little different than planned due to an accident me and my fiancé were in a month before. Also I had a family emergency that delayed my wedding for an hour but he worked with us and was very understanding. He did an awesome job and I would recommend him to anyone for any event! Thank you so much Kyle Pate for working with us and making our day so special!

Sent on 04/25/2019

Becky Taylor · Married on 06/09/2018

The most amazing DJ !!!

The best DJ with a great personality to make the day successful all round. Got everyone involved & interacted throughout the day. Played our requested playlist & even got involved in a few of the dance moves to match. Couldn't have been more satisfied with the customer service throughout. Would highly recommend to anyone !! It was very hard for us planning a wedding in USA all the way back in the UK, but you made this part very easy and enjoyable. Thank you so much !!!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Darrow · Married on 05/12/2018

Excellent Wedding DJ

We were very pleased with Kyle as our Dj. Hands down he is one of the best and I would recommend him to any one. He went above and beyond to make sure everything went perfect and our guests still talk about how much fun they had dancing!

Sent on 04/09/2019

Amanda · Married on 05/05/2018

We were very pleased to have Kyle as our DJ for our wedding! We live in Texas, and Kyle was very accommodating to talk with us months before our wedding. We had 3 phone calls with him throughout our planning. We liked the portal he shared with us for picking music, it made it very easy to upload the songs we wanted played throughout our wedding.

We got lots of compliments from our guests on the great music and the energy that Kyle gave throughout our wedding day. Kyle did everything we wanted him to do and we would recommend working with him as a stress-free, reliable DJ!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Meredith · Married on 11/05/2016

Kyle was the life of the party at our wedding! We would recommend Generations DJ!

Sent on 12/09/2016
  • Landon & Dakota

Dakota · Married on 06/04/2016

Going into wedding planning we knew we wanted a DJ over a band. We met Kyle at the Crystal Coast bridal salon and he was so friendly, helpful, and didn't feel like the other cheesy DJ's who play games and try to get guests out of their seats. We decided to go with Generations for our ceremony and reception. DJ Paul was actually at our reception and everyone loved him. He kept everyone on their feet, after the wedding my guests were talking about everything he played as being good! I enjoyed the online portal that Generations has where you can customize everything from the ceremony music to what you are tossing the bouquet to and more. I would highly recommend Generations for your upcoming wedding or any celebration that includes dancing!

Sent on 07/03/2016

Kristie · Married on 05/21/2016

Kyle with Generations Mobile was recommended by our venue. When we met Kyle we understood why he was recommended it felt like having a dj and coordinator in one. He was quick to respond to every email and we met face to face to discuss all wedding details. Kyle also was in contact with our wedding coordinator and was at rehearsal dinner! He was very professional and fun and was very knowledgeable about the wedding and reception process! He played music for the ceremony and reception which were at two different sites at the same venue. Everything went smooth and he had people dancing at he reception that do not normally dance! It was a very fun time and I would definitely recommend Generations Mobile to anyone!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Kristine · Married on 01/02/2016

Kyle from Generations was an outstanding DJ. We wanted someone with high energy and he definitely delivered. He was responsive and flexible - all around great to work with! He played a good mix of music and read the crowd well. I would definitely recommend for weddings and other events in the area.

We also used Generations for the videography service. They did a great job taping the events throughout the day and interviewing my husband and me as well as some of our guests. We can't wait to see the footage!

Sent on 01/03/2016

Amy · Married on 08/01/2015

Generations was absolutely perfect for my wedding! They catered the whole event to our exact needs, and kept the whole show running so I didn't have to worry about a thing all night! They walk you through a timeline so your night goes smoothly and they keep it moving for you! Wouldn't have gone with anyone else!

Sent on 08/08/2015

Catherine · Married on 04/25/2015

Absolutely amazing. Very high energy and very flexible. They were able to set up at a very difficult venue. They were friendly and very responsive.

Sent on 05/21/2015

Alicia · Married on 11/23/2013

They did a great job with our wedding. Kyle made sure everyone was included and really kept the energy up! I would recommend them for any event!

Sent on 03/13/2014

The DJs at Generations will work their tails off to make sure your wedding day is just how you want it. They were very easy to get in touch with, and they kept the whole reception up-beat and fun.

Sent on 08/24/2012

Hadley · Married on 05/30/2015

Generations did a good job-- the company can be a little slow to email back and I felt like I had to go over things more than I would have liked. BUT we really loved DJ Eddie- the DJ we were paired with. He spoke Spanish and was able to pick music that was appropriate (groom's family is religious) and translate many activities. He came to our rehearsal and made sure all of the music we were supposed to have for our ceremony was exactly the right version that we requested. He did a great job incorporating both families and making everyone feel welcome. My mother said he was the most calming part of the wedding day for her since he had such a good attitude.

Sent on 06/09/2015

britt · Married on 05/09/2015

Very easy to work with! They have an online portal that helps keep everything organized and allows you to update preferences and do not play tracks. Also, on the day of the wedding, if we wanted something played, or a song changed, they listened and immediately took care of us! Music was a very important part of our night and they did a great job.

Sent on 05/30/2015

4.2

We enjoyed working with Generations a lot. Our DJ for our wedding day was very friendly, but just didn't do a whole lot to make it much of a party. My husband was also a bit peeved that he mispronounced our name when we were announced. But overall, they are great to work with. Really go out of their way to get an idea of what you are looking for.

Sent on 07/13/2013

3.8
      2.5
      3.5

This DJ service offered the best quote for the time I wanted the DJ playing, but I thought I was going to get more for my money. We went over everything with the main guy but he was not the one there on our wedding day. two guys showed up and started playing music but nobody introduced themselves. The acoustics were terrible. The mic had feedback several times and squealed. We could hardly hear the music during dinner, they mispronounced the names of some of our bridal party which was my worst fear in hiring a DJ, and they only played a handful of the music we requested. They were supposed to be emceeing the wedding but they gave the microphone to the best man to give a toast while my husband was outside saying goodbye to a groomsmen who had to leave early so he missed the speech and the best man had to give a summary of it over again. They never got me to do a toast to my parents that was included in the schedule we had gone over that I specifically asked for. They seemed like amateurs with expensive equipment. I hired a keyboard player for the music for the cocktail hour and I got rave reviews about her and people could HEAR her! Now tell me how an older lady with a keyboard can play louder than two guys with a truckload of DJ equipment and speakers? I would say for the money you can hire better.

Sent on 05/18/2015