Generation Y Entertainment Reviews

105 | Jacksonville, FL

105 Reviews for Generation Y Entertainment

• Amanda

Amanda Farrell · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Are you ready to party?!

From the moment we met Caleb from Generation Y Entertainment, we just knew we had to have him as our DJ! My now hubby Michael has a huge appreciation for music and it was a top priority in picking the absolute best of the best for our entertainment vendor. It was honestly so impressive that Caleb met with us in person for our very first meeting to see if we were all the "right fit for each other". Now a days most vendors just do phone conversations, so it really helped us feel even more comfortable with him. As a very detail oriented and meticulous bride, Caleb definitely had patience when working with us. He literally executed all of the requests we had and worked with us to make sure the timing on each of our specialty songs was exactly what we were wanting prior to the event. Talk about flexibility, Caleb would even contact us after hours to help work with our schedule if we had various questions/concerns. He truly wanted to help make everything perfect for us. The day of the wedding was absolutely amazing. Our guests (175 people) had so much fun with the music selection and how Caleb seamlessly mixed different songs together. They did not want to stop dancing or for the night to be over. The bride's family was extremely happy that Caleb was able to incorporate "soca music" while interweaving it with today's top hits. Caleb truly can execute the vision you are wanting for your party. Generation Y Entertainment knows how to throw a classy yet fun wedding party. If you don't go with them, then you are truly missing out!

Sent on 03/05/2020

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Amanda + Michael, thank you for this amazing review! You both were such a wonderful couple to work with. You both had excellent taste in music and how you wanted the overall esthetic to look. My only regret is that we didn't have more time : (
  • Sydney

Sydney Schack · Getting married on 05/12/2021

SO worth it!

I cannot recommend GYE highly enough. Caleb set ample time to speak with my husband and I to make sure we were all on the same page and that we were getting exactly what we wanted. He even created a mash-up of 3 songs that we were using for our first dance and sent it to me within 24 hours of my asking - and the quality was excellent! Our wedding day went off without a hitch, largely because of Caleb and Ariel's efforts.

Sent on 01/11/2020

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

About that first dance....WOW! That was the best first dance that I have ever seen! Thank you so much for these kind words. You both were so easy to work with and I enjoyed every last moment of it. I wish you both the best!!
  • Kristen

Kristen Wolff · Getting married on 11/01/2020

More than just a DJ!

Can't not say enough great things about how amazing Caleb and Gen Y was at our wedding!! We were on the dance floor the entire night and all our friends commented how much fun they had and how sore they were from dancing two days later! Caleb went above and beyond and we could not be more grateful. HIGHLY recommend Generation Y for your wedding - you will not regret it!

Sent on 01/22/2020

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for your review Kristen! I have to give credit where credit is due; you and Pete made my job very enjoyable with how easy going you both were throughout the process. I loved how willing to party you both were! Thanks again for hiring me! I look forward to going out and grabbing that beer soon!

Dana Morris · Married on 11/16/2019

Just Amazing

Generation Y, specifically Caleb, was everything we could hope for and more as a vendor for our wedding. I am type A and live for organization and Caleb and Charlee made everything so organized and seamless (from the Google doc you can fill out with all your specifics, songs, etc. to the appointment calendar for your pre-wedding/event phone call). Caleb was so great the day of the wedding keeping myself and Erik happy as well as making sure our guests were having a blast! Plus he suggested a really fun dinner game for guests to be able to play to be released for dinner. Could not say enough good things...just book them...you will not regret it!

Sent on 11/25/2019

Dana + Erik,
    Thank you for such a detailed review! You have no idea how helpful your review will be. Yes you can thank Charlee for the Type A organizational aspects of GYE! I was so honored to be a part of your beautiful Clay Theatre wedding.
    By the way, you definitely came to party because I don't remember ever NOT seeing you on the dance floor all night! I love it!!
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Knight · Married on 10/26/2019

On point!!

We loved Caleb and are very happy that we got to work with Generation Y for our wedding! Many of our guests complimented them and how "on-point" they were with the crowd. They got everyone out of their seats and dancing (obviously along with the help of the open bar). They also were really great with playing up our personalities and the little bit of silliness we were trying to add here and there. Caleb obviously takes a lot of pride in his company and will make sure that your wedding is great. It was easy to give them our trust and let them take the reigns. I would highly recommend GYE!

Sent on 11/24/2019

Chelsea + Hung,
    Thank you so much for your review! I loved both of your personalities and all of the "intended puns" with your last name, Chen (#twoChensAreBetterThanOne, #ChenTastic). I had such a wonderful time getting to know you both along with partying with your friends and family! Thank you for that opportunity!

Emily Bandzul · Married on 10/20/2019

Completely. BLOWN. Away!

Completely. BLOWN. Away. Hiring Caleb from Generation Y was the best decision we made through our entire wedding planning process! There was no doubt from our first interactions that we had found a DJ who could be serious and precise with every little detail to make sure the event flowed but was completely hilarious and the life of the party at our wedding! Caleb took the time to communicate often with us through the planning process which made us feel so comfortable. I went right up and hugged him upon meeting for the first time - feeling like we had been friends forever! Every compliment we’ve had from our wedding starts with “Your DJ was amazing!” Or “ I’ve never been to a wedding with a DJ like yours!” There are so many unique touches Caleb and Generation Y Entertainment have with their experience of DJing and MCing your event (keeping those a secret - you gotta reach out!!) Our guests loved you. We loved you. Thank you for giving us an unforgettable experience and the wedding beyond our dreams.

Sent on 10/22/2019

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Oh my Lord! This is one of the best reviews ever!!! Of course it would come from one of the coolest brides I have ever worked with! My favorite part of your wedding was when you asked me to play "no air" by Jordin Sparks and you got on top of the coffee table and "lip sync" sang using the vintage mic! It literally turned into an impromptu concert! EPIC! I also loved how you guys treated me as if I was a guest! Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be part of your wedding! Love you guys!
  • Alli

Alli Austin · Married on 08/31/2019

Seamless, professional, and worth the money

We were so glad we went with Generation Y Entertainment! Grayson and his assistant were the perfect addition to our wedding reception at The White Room in St. Augustine. They were a little bit more expensive than other local competitors, but it was apparent when working with them that you get what you pay for. They were responsive, knowledgeable about all questions we had related to the DJ/MC process, and were overall very professional throughout the entire experience. We would without a doubt recommend them to anyone planning their wedding!

Sent on 09/16/2019

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Hello Allison + Ian! Thank you for this wonderful review. I have heard nothing but great things from Grayson about your wedding! We wish you both a truly happy marriage!
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 08/04/2019

Amazing service

We hired Gen Y and we couldn't be happier with their service. Caleb and Ariel did an AMAZING job at our wedding. They read the vibe of our crown perfectly and we got so many compliments about them from our guests. They were so helpful throughout the entire planning process, down to earth and professional! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Michelle! I have to give you guys the credit for the most epic college fight song ever played at a wedding! Not to mention, you and Austin have been so kind and just an ease to work with. It was so great meeting you both and GYE wishes you a wonderful marriage!
  • Nicole

Nicole O’Brien · Married on 08/03/2019

Highly recommend Generation Y Entertainment

There are not enough words to describe how amazing this company is! Caleb is approachable, professional, responsive and takes time to get to know you and your spouse. From the first meeting to the night of our wedding he was awesome. I would definitely use GYE again!

Sent on 08/20/2019

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Hello Nicole + Dennis! Thank you for this awesome review. You guys had such a great group of people! For example, when your guest had to come inside for the slow-mo Booth, they partied all the way inside and then danced all the way back out on the dance floor! There was never a dull moment with your crowd! I love it! I wish you both the best in your marriage!
  • Teagan

Madison Sayre · Married on 06/08/2019

Generation Y Entertainment (GYE) lives up to everything they promise!

They have an excellent team- we worked closest with Grayson. When it came to planning the day, they made it easy and personable by having a meeting over Skype/Facetime after we filled out a worksheet they sent with our music preferences. They gave us song recommendations for certain parts of the day when we couldn't think of one and had all the songs we wanted to hear as well. We had a brunch wedding and I was worried people wouldn't be up for dancing- that was no problem with Grayson DJ-ing! He kept the party going and worked with our venue and photographer to keep the day moving. Grayson and the GYE team are so friendly and fun (and not cheesy) and would be a great addition to any event!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Wow! What a perfect review! Teagan, I can't thank you enough for such thoughtful feedback! Grayson told me how much your guest partied and how amazing it was. We wish you and Andrew an amazing marriage and thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wedding!

Emma Corfield · Married on 04/28/2019

Perfect! Everything went very smooth. Easy to keep in touch with questions before the wedding!

I LOVED having GYE for our wedding! Best decision ever! I got so many compliments on how fun our wedding reception was. A lot of guests told me it was “the best night of their life”!! They did a great job for getting a feel for what kind of music/party we wanted!!

Sent on 07/12/2019

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Grayson told us how much fun your wedding was! All of the photos and videos are amazing! Thank you so much Emma for such a wonderful review! We wish you the best.

Lindsey · Married on 03/23/2019

Best dj ever!

There was no doubt in our minds that Generation Y would be the best DJ for our wedding. Caleb absolutely killed it with the best music and entertainment. The whole planning process with Caleb was a perfect experience. We were able to fill out a sheet with songs we had to have and songs we didn't like so much. He gave us youtube links with examples for songs and the sheet also helped us plan out songs we didn't know we needed. We had facetime meetings and Caleb really helped us plan out the night and made sure everything would flow perfectly without pressuring us to do something a certain way. He also suggested fun things throughout the night such as hunger games, shoe game, garter relocated, and a last personal dance. Our wedding flowed so perfectly and everyone raved how awesome our DJ was. It was pretty chilly outside but everyone sure was warm from dancing so much! We could not have had a better experience! Thanks so much for a night to remember!

Sent on 04/09/2019

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Lindsey, where do I start... Your wedding was a night to remember for starters and I enjoyed every second of it! Definitely a fun crowd that came to party! Not to mention, you and Bobby were an ease to work with. Thank you for making my job easy and for giving me the opportunity to be your DJ!

Samantha Len · Married on 02/02/2019

Fun, yet professional. Amazing DJ!

GYE was amazing! They truly get a feel of what you are looking for and what your guests are enjoying. I received a lot of compliments on how fun my reception was, thanks to GYE! I spent the entire time on the dance floor with my bridesmaids and we all had a blast. They are talented at what they do and are incredibly friendly and personable. Caleb, Grayson, and Charlee were all great at communicating and answering any question that I had. I would recommend GYE to anyone!

Sent on 04/11/2019

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for leaving such a wonderful review for our company and for Grayson! We truly had a wonderful time partying with you guys at the beautiful Tavares Pavilion in Lake Tavares, FL! It was such a hidden gym of a venue. And your guest partied their butts off! We wish you and Ryon a wonderful life and marriage together!

Mary Beth · Married on 06/02/2018

I knew from the beginning of the planning process that music was going to be a big part of me and my now husbands wedding day. I have been to plenty of weddings where the music was sub par at best...no one was on the dance and it was missing that element of fun and excitement. We really wanted a DJ that catered to our taste in music and understood the atmosphere we wanted to create for our guests. Charlee and Caleb Stoner were it!!! After doing some research and talking to my married girlfriends for recommendations I found Generation Y Entertainment. I was really impressed by their reviews and social media presence. After talking to them on the phone John and I booked them right away. Even though we actually never meant Charlee and Caleb until the day of the wedding (we spoke on the phone and had a facetime session to smooth out the final details and of course emails that they responded to quickly) ...it was like we had known them for years. They were a perfect team and really listened to what we wanted. Their services were top notch and no hidden fees or last minute charges...everything was included in one fee. They worked with our venue and wedding planner to make sure the day ran smoothly and were always checking in on us making sure we were happy and if we needed anything. I mean seriously they are the best and the nicest people you will ever meet! John and I were on the dance floor the whole night and our guests are still commenting on how great the music was at our wedding. Do yourself a favor and book Generation Y Entertainment now!
    Charlee and Caleb, John and I couldn't be more grateful and thankful for having you two DJ our wedding... we knew that we were in good hands and the entire flow of the day from start to finish was perfect!! we love you guys!!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Mary Beth + John, thank you for such a flattering and kind review for our business! The compliments that you gave us was exactly what we strive for and we are super happy that you enjoyed our services! Thank you so much and we hope to see you both again!

Christine · Married on 04/28/2018

We are so happy we booked with Generation Y Entertainment for our wedding. Caleb and Charlee made sure that the night ran smoothly, and kept our crowd on the dance floor. They are extremely responsive to emails and go out of their way to do Face Time sessions to be sure everyone is on the same page before the event, always remaining very professional. We also made an extremely last minute change-up for the start of our wedding reception, and this was no problem at all. You will not be disappointed with GYE!

Sent on 05/04/2018

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Hello Christine! We had such a wonderful time at yours and Jeff's wedding. Thank you for the amazing review and for allowing us to be a part of your big day!

Paul · Married on 04/08/2018

There’s plenty of reasons Generation Y is the top rated wedding entertainment company in the Jacksonville area. We saw many of them during our wedding ceremony and reception. They were super professional, arrived early, acted as MC to keep the ceremony going, fantastic sound came through their top line equipment. During our reception they flexed to our needs seemlessly and made the entire event go smoothly, therefore minimizing the stress on us. They built fantastic mash ups and playlists that kept our party lively without overdoing it. I looked at my watch expecting it to be about halfway through the reception and we only had 30 minutes left. My only complaint would be that it flew by too quickly. This is because Gen Y made our event so much fun! Grayson is a fantastic DJ and Caleb and Charlee are master planners. I would hire them again and would even pay more than we paid if I had to do it again. Highly recommend Generation Y for your wedding or other large event!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Hello Paul! It was such a pleasure working with you and Angela! You had such a fun crowd and a very talented family! Not only were your family's dance moves awesome, they were very talented at singing! Not to mention, you are also very talented at singing too! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your big day.
    P.S.- One of Grayson's favorite parts of your wedding was the surprise T-Rex joining the party!

savannah · Married on 01/05/2018

Every Jacksonville wedding needs Generation Y Entertainment. Far exceeded our expectations. Guests described the ceremony music as “giving them chills” and “angelic” and the reception music as having a “perfect playlist”. Charlee coordinates the day of with all of the vendors and creates a timeline of the reception. Caleb walks you through planning step by step with recommendations for songs if you get stuck.

Sent on 01/14/2018

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Hello Savannah! Thank you so much for your review! It was a blast being part of your wedding! We can't take all of that credit because you had an outstanding crowd! We hope that our paths cross again in the future.
  • Brycee

Brycee · Married on 12/03/2017

Caleb and Charlee were amazing!! They were on point with the music and I had so many compliments about them. They truly never missed a beat! Also, they helped us cordinate so much of the night and made sure everything flowed smoothly!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Brycee, yours and Frank's wedding was nothing short of AMAZING!!! Thank you for letting us play such a big role on your wedding day, and thank you for the kind words!

Maribeth · Married on 11/11/2017

Charlee and Caleb know exactly what they’re doing! They are more than just DJs, they really understand the flow of a wedding and execute the event with perfection. They played great music and had everyone on the dance floor all night!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

We absolutely loved your wedding, Maribeth! And every second getting to know you leading up to it! You and Alex are the best! Thank you so much for the kind words!

Shannah · Married on 09/16/2017

Charlee and Caleb were an absolute joy to work with! They are bringing a new twist to the industry and re-defining wedding entertainment! Our guests are still raving about how awesome our wedding was and we owe it all to Gen Y! We loved their all-inclusive pricing and highly recommend future clients take advantage of the uplighting and dance floor lights. They seamlessly transitioned our guests through cocktail hour and each event during the reception. We can't thank them enough! They will not disappoint you or your guests!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for having us there on your big day to host the music and entertainment! It was wonderful getting to know you guys, and we wish you both a very long happy healthy marriage!

Cara · Married on 09/16/2017

We highly recommend Generation Y for the quality of their work, the value and service. The time and effort they put into getting to know their clients so they can truly customize their service is what makes them so special! They are extremely organized, professional and modern/fresh. We used Generation Y for our ceremony (music & mics), cocktail hour and reception – all sounded great and transition from one area to another was seamless. When it came to planning our wedding we were really unsure of what we wanted, not great at making decisions and terrible procrastinators but Caleb & Charlee made it as easy as possible. They were super patient & laid-back and gave great advice. The up-lighting they added to the reception area was beautiful and made such a difference. Caleb was an excellent MC that made the night lots of fun for everyone. What I valued the most was how easy and seemless they made the ceremony and reception. Caleb and Charlee gathered the information they needed and then just made it all happen. We didn’t have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding. Caleb did a perfect job checking-in throughout the night (always at the right time) and making sure things were going as we wanted – they always were.

Prior to our wedding, we attended other weddings with empty dance floors. We really wanted to make sure this didn’t happen and wanted for our family and friends to have a good time. Thanks to Charlee & Caleb – who suggested the perfect reception timeline and selected the right music to appeal to guests ranging in age from 5 – 90, we had a full dance floor the entire night. We had so much fun! We are very lucky to have stumbled across Generation Y!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Cara,
    Thank you SO much for sharing all about your experience! Yours and Christopher's wedding was SO much fun, and we even loved getting to travel to Orlando! Thank you for trusting us with your music + entertainment! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness with each other!
    Sincerely,
    Charlee + Caleb Stoner

Amber · Married on 03/25/2017

Where to even begin with Caleb and Charlee. First of all, these two aren’t just your average wedding DJ. They are true entertainers and really know how to read the crowd! They planned with us for weeks in advance, to ensure our wedding entertainment was the epitome of our personalities. The dance floor wasn’t bare the ENTIRE night!! All of my guests loved the variety they played, and truly enjoyed the way the evening flowed. These two are incredible!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

You're the best Amber! We're so honored and flattered to have been part of it!!

Paige · Married on 03/18/2017

Caleb and Charlie were so amazing to work with! They made me so comfortable every step of the way! They really helped with choosing the right songs, setting the right mood, and order of events for the day. I did not have to worry about anything. All of my guests loved the music choices and everyone was dancing all night! I would highly recommend Generation Y Entertainment for wedding needs!

Sent on 04/04/2017

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Paige & Michael! Thank you so much for having us there on your big day and trusting us with your music and entertainment! Everything was absolutely beautiful, and from the beginning of your ceremony to the end of your reception, we loved every second of it! We wish you both a long happy healthy marriage!

Kevin · Married on 02/24/2017

WOW! Caleb and Charlee are out of this world! They provided us with an incredible experience during our wedding from beginning to end! We lived in Tampa when we first reached out to them and instead of driving across the state to visit them in Jacksonville, they FaceTimed us to introduce themselves. They asked so many questions about us and the friends and family who would be attending our wedding so they could get a better feel of how they would be setting up the music. Leading up to the wedding, we sent Caleb a song that we wanted to do for our first dance and he went out of his way to create a one of a kind mix to fit what we were looking for as our first dance song! On our wedding day, he set me and our officiant up with a mic to help project to our attendees. During that time, he talked and joked with me which helped ease my nerves a bit. The mic worked perfectly and did not have any problems at all during the ceremony. Our venue was a split floor plan with dinner being downstairs after the ceremony. They did an incredible job setting that up for music and our toasts. After that, we went back upstairs where we danced the rest of the night away. Caleb played a great selection of music throughout the night which everyone seemed to enjoy a lot! He even jumped down and threw out a few dance moves as well from what I saw! I can keep going on about how incredible our experience was but may run out of room! However, I will say when we looked through our guest book the next day, we were so happy to see their little note to us and how they wished us a happy future together! Little touches like that throughout the night sets them apart from the rest! I would recommend them to anyone looking for an incredible DJ!

Thanks Caleb and Charlee!

Sent on 03/07/2017

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Kevin!! You and Alisa were an absolute joy from the very first meeting down to the last minutes of your reception after your last intimate dance! You two deserve the very best, and thank you so much for letting us be such a big part of your wedding!!
    -Charlee + Caleb

Alisa · Married on 02/24/2017

If you are still looking for DJ, stop reading reviews and go book Generation Y Entertainment. Booking Caleb and Charlee for our wedding was easily the best decision I made (well besides marrying my husband). From the first time I emailed Charlee to the very last song, they were a dream to work with. They absolutely love what they do and it shows in every conversation and interaction. I was determined to find a wedding DJ that wasn't tacky and out of touch with current music - Caleb was exactly that and so much more. Aside from executing all of our music choices to perfection, he was a great MC and our guests loved him! He even came out on the dance floor and danced the Cha-Cha slide with us! Caleb and Charlee are an amazing team and work together flawlessly. They really get to know you and are available throughout the planning process to help with making suggestions or answering questions. I would book them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 03/07/2017