Generation Y Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Michelle
    Michelle H. Married on 05/14/2022

Professional and Easy Going

I knew I wanted to hire Generation Y after attending my friend's wedding back in 2016 and seeing how amazing their team was at getting everyone to dance and keeping the energy alive. Grayson from Generation Y Entertainment was so professional and easy going on our wedding day. He made sure to play all of our requested songs and was more than willing to take song requests from our guests. Their equipment including lighting was up to date and fit well with our decor and venue. Can't recommend Generation Y enough.

Michelle + Chris,
    Thank you for sharing your experience! Grayson had a blast at your wedding and shared with me how much fun you guys had. We wish you both a wonderful and happy marriage!
    Marissa M. Married on 04/02/2022

Look no further you have found your DJ!

Look no further you have found your DJ!!!

My husband and I recently had our wedding and we were so honored to have Caleb from GYE DJ for us. Music is very important to the both of us and after attending a lot of weddings we were definitely picky about our DJ. The 5 star reviews say it all. From the start Caleb was nothing but friendly, accommodating and open to all of our music interests. He had two facetime meetings with us which were so helpful and he helped to create our timeline for our wedding day. He was very organized and created a google doc so that we could keep track of our timeline and add our must play music for our day. My husband and I are very into pop punk and Caleb stepped up to the plate to give us the best punk concert yet! He was extremely professional and kind to all of our guests and we heard nothing but great things about him by our friends and family. I HIGHLY recommend GYE. Caleb made our wedding day unforgettable.

Hello Marissa + Alex,
    Thank you for such a kind review and for detailing your experience! Your wedding definitely brought me back to my emo-punk highschool days. You both were such a joy to work with and your friends/family definitely came to party!
  • Maria
    Maria Z. Married on 12/21/2021

Spectacular Night

Caleb at Generation Y was a dream to work with. He was very professional and fun. He was super supportive in helping with the song playlist that coordinated with all the wedding events such as cutting the cake, first dance as well as the ceremony songs. Also the lighting was spectacular. Our guest had a blast dancing the night away.

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Hello Cara! You and your family were such a joy to work for! It's not every day you get to DJ for a groom that is also a professional musician (Nick the Native)! Thank you for such a wonderful review.
  • Amanda
    Amanda F. Married on 10/02/2021

Are you ready to party?!

From the moment we met Caleb from Generation Y Entertainment, we just knew we had to have him as our DJ! My now hubby Michael has a huge appreciation for music and it was a top priority in picking the absolute best of the best for our entertainment vendor. It was honestly so impressive that Caleb met with us in person for our very first meeting to see if we were all the "right fit for each other". Now a days most vendors just do phone conversations, so it really helped us feel even more comfortable with him. As a very detail oriented and meticulous bride, Caleb definitely had patience when working with us. He literally executed all of the requests we had and worked with us to make sure the timing on each of our specialty songs was exactly what we were wanting prior to the event. Talk about flexibility, Caleb would even contact us after hours to help work with our schedule if we had various questions/concerns. He truly wanted to help make everything perfect for us. The day of the wedding was absolutely amazing. Our guests (175 people) had so much fun with the music selection and how Caleb seamlessly mixed different songs together. They did not want to stop dancing or for the night to be over. The bride's family was extremely happy that Caleb was able to incorporate "soca music" while interweaving it with today's top hits. Caleb truly can execute the vision you are wanting for your party. Generation Y Entertainment knows how to throw a classy yet fun wedding party. If you don't go with them, then you are truly missing out!

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Amanda + Michael, thank you for this amazing review! You both were such a wonderful couple to work with. You both had excellent taste in music and how you wanted the overall esthetic to look. My only regret is that we didn't have more time : (
  • O
    Olivia N. Married on 05/29/2021

Best DJ in the area hands down!

Grayson was an awesome DJ! From the start this company has been on top of it and super organized. We met via FaceTime before even choosing Generation Y Entertainment and Grayson was so awesome with his details. Then, a month before our wedding we met again. Grayson had sent a GoogleDoc to fill out that had all the information needed for our ceremony and reception with ideas for songs as well. They were flexible when I did not think about timing and needed to add an hour. The day of Grayson was on time and dealt with the insane heat while setting up. Everyone said they could hear the ceremony so clear. Grayson was so awesome he even moved the dance floor to outside the barn because it was so hot in the barn. He was very professional but was also down to have a great time with us! I cannot recommend Generation Y Entertainment enough! If you are getting married in the St. Augustine area hire them-seriously you won’t regret it and they will give the best ceremony and reception!!!

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Olivia + Ben, thank you so much for this detailed review! I know that this is exactly what couples are asking about when they hire us and it is great that they can read a review that directly addresses their needs. By the way, I loved the throwbacks that you chose for your must plays! I wish you both a wonderful marriage and thank you for choosing GYE!
  • Sydney
    Sydney S. Married on 05/12/2021

SO worth it!

I cannot recommend GYE highly enough. Caleb set ample time to speak with my husband and I to make sure we were all on the same page and that we were getting exactly what we wanted. He even created a mash-up of 3 songs that we were using for our first dance and sent it to me within 24 hours of my asking - and the quality was excellent! Our wedding day went off without a hitch, largely because of Caleb and Ariel's efforts.

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

About that first dance....WOW! That was the best first dance that I have ever seen! Thank you so much for these kind words. You both were so easy to work with and I enjoyed every last moment of it. I wish you both the best!!
  • Marie
    Marie M. Married on 04/24/2021

Best dj in jacksonville

I cannot speak highly enough about GenerationY and their DJ services at my wedding. Grayson exceeded all expectations I had and went above and beyond putting a personal touch on his services during our wedding. The little details like playing a special song during our first look, to giving our parents MOH and best man a heads up about when they were up for dances or toasts, and to making sure we were having a good time and had a drink in our hands. My brother who used to be a DJ said he would never go that far out of the way giving a heads up to guests and would just make the announcement calling on the mic whoever was needed. My husband at first even thought he worked at the wedding venue from how much Grayson was involved and made an impact. Do yourself a favor and hire these people!

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Marie + Kyle, thank you for this wonderful review! I'm so glad you were satisfied with Grayson's performance along with his personal touch at your wedding. Again, we appreciate the time you spent giving us a review since this is super helpful for other couples to see. We wish you a wonderful marriage from the GYE team!
    Camille Married on 03/27/2021

Camille Thompson

Hands down the best DJ company in the area. From before, during and after the wedding it was nothing short of 5 star service. Our wedding was rescheduled due to covid and Caleb was very accommodating with all the new arrangements. He made the process a breeze. During our reception he kept us on schedule and coordinated the timeline of events for the evening, all while playing great music. You’re making a mistake if you don’t pick Generation Y as your DJ for your upcoming event!

Camille,
    Thank you so much for leaving us this amazing review! I had such a blast at your wedding. Especially Cole singing Mr. Brightside into the LED foam stick. Definitely a banger! I wish you both a wonderful marriage!
  • Brooke
    Brooke O. Married on 02/26/2021

“Epic” night

I cannot say enough great things about how amazing Caleb was at our wedding! He singlehandedly kept the celebration going until the end (it was epic event). Competent and professional throughout the entire process, Caleb asks the right questions, finds out what you’re looking for, makes suggestions and delivers!! I HIGHLY recommend Generation Y for your wedding - you will not regret it!

-Brooke and Anthony Stott

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Wow Brooke + Anthony! What an outstanding review! You and your family were so kind to me and a blast to work with. I especially loved your dad's killer moves on the dance floor (Ice, ice, baby)!
  • Laura
    Laura D. Married on 01/17/2021

Absolutely AMAZING!!

One month later and people are still talking about how much fun they had at our wedding!! Everyone keeps telling us they want to do it all again! What an amazing night and we have Grayson & Tracy (The Dynamic Duo!) to thank for that! I love how they were feeding off of us and our guests and knew exactly what song to play next. I am still on cloud 9 thinking about how much fun we had at our wedding! We gave that dance floor our all that night! We HIGHLY recommend GYE, you won't be disappointed!

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Hello Laura! Wow! This is such great feedback for Grayson + Tracy along with our company! I loved seeing the videos/photos from your wedding! From the well trained pups during the ceremony to you belting that Sisqo song on the dance floor. Thanks again for choosing GYE!
  • Kristen
    Kristen W. Married on 11/01/2020

More than just a DJ!

Can't not say enough great things about how amazing Caleb and Gen Y was at our wedding!! We were on the dance floor the entire night and all our friends commented how much fun they had and how sore they were from dancing two days later! Caleb went above and beyond and we could not be more grateful. HIGHLY recommend Generation Y for your wedding - you will not regret it!

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for your review Kristen! I have to give credit where credit is due; you and Pete made my job very enjoyable with how easy going you both were throughout the process. I loved how willing to party you both were! Thanks again for hiring me! I look forward to going out and grabbing that beer soon!
  • Jenn
    Jenn P. Married on 10/23/2020

❤❤❤❤hire this company❤❤❤❤

This company is SECOND TO NONE!!! Like so many others, our wedding was rescheduled because of COVID. After some fantastic communication, they worked with me on a new date. I worried a little about how the reception would flow since we were now going to have fewer people but Caleb kept the party going till the last minute. He got EVERYONE out on the dance floor, everyone from 5 years old to 92 years old. He also may have incited a dance off, during which my new husband did "the worm". His expert direction avoided any awkward moments while people wondered what the next thing was... Our venue was fabulous, the vendors were amazing but Generation Y made this party the absolute best day ever.

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Jennifer, thank you so much for the amazingly kind words! Your wedding was a blast and I loved partying with you and your guests! It was a pleasure working with you, even through the crazy covid reschedules. Thank you so much for trusting me with your big day, and I wish you and Rick the absolute best!!!
  • Christin
    Christin C. Married on 10/18/2020

Best decision ever

I now understand when everyone says how important the music during wedding day to make or break the party. Grayson created a great energy in the room and had the dance floor packed from start to finish. He really listened to exactly what I wanted and created moments I will cherish forever (like a killer finish of Bohemian Rhapsody). The guests were loving the playlist and it was fun for all age groups. Grayson did an excellent job to not only bring the best music, but able to help the events of the evening flow very well. I HIGHLY recommend hiring this team for your day as it will be the best decision you've made!

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Christin, thank you so much for the kind words and feedback for Grayson and our team! It was a pleasure working with you and Scott, and we can't thank you enough for trusting us with your big day! It's always an honor to get to work with such great people who truly value and appreciate what we do. We wish you guys a long happy life together!!!
  • Blake
    Blake A. Married on 10/10/2020

Absolutely amazing! Fun, charismatic, above expectation

I would highly recommend using Generation Y Entertainment. Caleb and Tracy were the perfect DJ complement to our wedding ceremony and reception. Throughout the planning process they were easy to work with, responsive and gave great ideas that enhanced our event. We placed complete trust in them and they over delivered! All of our guests raved about how much fun they had on the dance floor and how seamless the night went. Caleb was an incredible host and kept all the guests involved and on their feet. They truly blew us away.

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Blake, this means SO MUCH to us!!! You and Cody were absolutely a pleasure to get to know and work with. Thank you so much for trusting us with your big day! It means the world and we wish you guys a long happy life together!!!
  • Candis
    Candis Married on 03/28/2020

Awesome Experience with GYE!

I would highly recommend GYE! Throughout the wedding planning process they were our favorite vendor to work with - responsive, organized, friendly, and professional. I knew from go I wouldn't have to worry about music the day of the wedding, they had it handled! Even when Covid crashed our original date and we had to reschedule, they were flexible and prompt with getting back to us. We had a daytime wedding and worried people might not be interested in dancing but Grayson got people out on the dance floor - guests are still telling us what a great time they had! I would definitely use them again!

Candis,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We enjoyed every minute of working, planning, and partying with you and Ted! Our goal is always to make it as simple and fun as possible for you, and we are so lucky we get to work with such awesome people as you guys! We hope to work together again in the future! Congratulations again, cheers!
  • Aimee
    Aimee Married on 02/23/2020

My feet were tired for days!

Grayson from GYE was amazing! We were worried that a smaller wedding due to Covid would mean that it would be boring. That was definitely not the case thanks to Grayson. All of our guests were on the dance floor most of the evening. I know that I didn't sit down once after the dancing started.

We met with him two times before the wedding, the first time to go over what they offer and the second to get a better feel for the music and general vibe for the evening. Grayson was so easy going and knowledgeable at the same time. GYE came highly recommended from all the other vendors we were using and I totally agree. They are a must have for any wedding!!

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Aimee, thank you so much for the kind words about Grayson and for trusting our company with your wedding!!! We have the best couples ever and we cannot thank you and Chris enough for being so awesome to work with!!
    Dana M. Married on 11/16/2019

Just Amazing

Generation Y, specifically Caleb, was everything we could hope for and more as a vendor for our wedding. I am type A and live for organization and Caleb and Charlee made everything so organized and seamless (from the Google doc you can fill out with all your specifics, songs, etc. to the appointment calendar for your pre-wedding/event phone call). Caleb was so great the day of the wedding keeping myself and Erik happy as well as making sure our guests were having a blast! Plus he suggested a really fun dinner game for guests to be able to play to be released for dinner. Could not say enough good things...just book them...you will not regret it!

Dana + Erik,
    Thank you for such a detailed review! You have no idea how helpful your review will be. Yes you can thank Charlee for the Type A organizational aspects of GYE! I was so honored to be a part of your beautiful Clay Theatre wedding.
    By the way, you definitely came to party because I don't remember ever NOT seeing you on the dance floor all night! I love it!!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea K. Married on 10/26/2019

On point!!

We loved Caleb and are very happy that we got to work with Generation Y for our wedding! Many of our guests complimented them and how "on-point" they were with the crowd. They got everyone out of their seats and dancing (obviously along with the help of the open bar). They also were really great with playing up our personalities and the little bit of silliness we were trying to add here and there. Caleb obviously takes a lot of pride in his company and will make sure that your wedding is great. It was easy to give them our trust and let them take the reigns. I would highly recommend GYE!

Chelsea + Hung,
    Thank you so much for your review! I loved both of your personalities and all of the "intended puns" with your last name, Chen (#twoChensAreBetterThanOne, #ChenTastic). I had such a wonderful time getting to know you both along with partying with your friends and family! Thank you for that opportunity!
    Emily B. Married on 10/20/2019

Completely. BLOWN. Away!

Completely. BLOWN. Away. Hiring Caleb from Generation Y was the best decision we made through our entire wedding planning process! There was no doubt from our first interactions that we had found a DJ who could be serious and precise with every little detail to make sure the event flowed but was completely hilarious and the life of the party at our wedding! Caleb took the time to communicate often with us through the planning process which made us feel so comfortable. I went right up and hugged him upon meeting for the first time - feeling like we had been friends forever! Every compliment we’ve had from our wedding starts with “Your DJ was amazing!” Or “ I’ve never been to a wedding with a DJ like yours!” There are so many unique touches Caleb and Generation Y Entertainment have with their experience of DJing and MCing your event (keeping those a secret - you gotta reach out!!) Our guests loved you. We loved you. Thank you for giving us an unforgettable experience and the wedding beyond our dreams.

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Oh my Lord! This is one of the best reviews ever!!! Of course it would come from one of the coolest brides I have ever worked with! My favorite part of your wedding was when you asked me to play "no air" by Jordin Sparks and you got on top of the coffee table and "lip sync" sang using the vintage mic! It literally turned into an impromptu concert! EPIC! I also loved how you guys treated me as if I was a guest! Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be part of your wedding! Love you guys!
  • Alli
    Alli A. Married on 08/31/2019

Seamless, professional, and worth the money

We were so glad we went with Generation Y Entertainment! Grayson and his assistant were the perfect addition to our wedding reception at The White Room in St. Augustine. They were a little bit more expensive than other local competitors, but it was apparent when working with them that you get what you pay for. They were responsive, knowledgeable about all questions we had related to the DJ/MC process, and were overall very professional throughout the entire experience. We would without a doubt recommend them to anyone planning their wedding!

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Hello Allison + Ian! Thank you for this wonderful review. I have heard nothing but great things from Grayson about your wedding! We wish you both a truly happy marriage!
  • Michelle
    Michelle Married on 08/04/2019

Amazing service

We hired Gen Y and we couldn't be happier with their service. Caleb and Ariel did an AMAZING job at our wedding. They read the vibe of our crown perfectly and we got so many compliments about them from our guests. They were so helpful throughout the entire planning process, down to earth and professional! We highly recommend them!

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Michelle! I have to give you guys the credit for the most epic college fight song ever played at a wedding! Not to mention, you and Austin have been so kind and just an ease to work with. It was so great meeting you both and GYE wishes you a wonderful marriage!
  • Nicole
    Nicole O. Married on 08/03/2019

Highly recommend Generation Y Entertainment

There are not enough words to describe how amazing this company is! Caleb is approachable, professional, responsive and takes time to get to know you and your spouse. From the first meeting to the night of our wedding he was awesome. I would definitely use GYE again!

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Hello Nicole + Dennis! Thank you for this awesome review. You guys had such a great group of people! For example, when your guest had to come inside for the slow-mo Booth, they partied all the way inside and then danced all the way back out on the dance floor! There was never a dull moment with your crowd! I love it! I wish you both the best in your marriage!
  • Teagan
    Madison S. Married on 06/08/2019

Generation Y Entertainment (GYE) lives up to everything they promise!

They have an excellent team- we worked closest with Grayson. When it came to planning the day, they made it easy and personable by having a meeting over Skype/Facetime after we filled out a worksheet they sent with our music preferences. They gave us song recommendations for certain parts of the day when we couldn't think of one and had all the songs we wanted to hear as well. We had a brunch wedding and I was worried people wouldn't be up for dancing- that was no problem with Grayson DJ-ing! He kept the party going and worked with our venue and photographer to keep the day moving. Grayson and the GYE team are so friendly and fun (and not cheesy) and would be a great addition to any event!

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Wow! What a perfect review! Teagan, I can't thank you enough for such thoughtful feedback! Grayson told me how much your guest partied and how amazing it was. We wish you and Andrew an amazing marriage and thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wedding!
    Emma C. Married on 04/28/2019

Perfect! Everything went very smooth. Easy to keep in touch with questions before the wedding!

I LOVED having GYE for our wedding! Best decision ever! I got so many compliments on how fun our wedding reception was. A lot of guests told me it was “the best night of their life”!! They did a great job for getting a feel for what kind of music/party we wanted!!

Generation Y Entertainment's reply:

Grayson told us how much fun your wedding was! All of the photos and videos are amazing! Thank you so much Emma for such a wonderful review! We wish you the best.