41 Reviews for Gemma's Fashion & Sewing

Flower Girls (1)
Groom (1)
Preservation (1)
41 Gemma's Fashion & Sewing Reviews

Gemma was so sweet and welcoming from the moment we walked in the door. I had really tough alterations since I need it to follow cathedral guidelines and Gemma was full of wonderful ideas. She was patient while I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and she gave great suggestions to help keep the dress beautiful and fun, while still following guidelines. The final product was absolutely gorgeous and I felt beautiful in it. I will definitely be going to Gemma for any alterations I need in the future. Thank you for making me feel confident and beautiful on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 1/13/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Cleaning, Undergarments

I purchased my wedding dress online and it was SUPER long. It fit right everywhere else, so I came in thinking all it needed was a hemming... but Gemma worked her magic and pinned the dress around me so it fit PERFECTLY! I am SO happy with the final fit.

Gemma made my off-the-rack gown look like it was made just for me! I can't wait to wear it on the big day! THANK YOU GEMMA! :)

Profile Picture User6691049, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations

Gemma redesigned my dress into something even more perfect and beautiful than I could have ever imagined! She took a 5-year-old Maggie Sottero sample dress (purchased at Brilliant Bridal), and turned it into a one-of-kind, modern, and simple dress that was perfect for me. It came at a cost, but no penny was wasted. Her work involved replacing the corset with a zipper, removing beading on the bust, and transformed it from a v-neck to strapless sweetheart. It fit perfectly!

Not only is Gemma exceptionally skilled, she’s also really compassionate. Everytime I visited the shop, she took time to make sure she understood what I wanted. She clearly loves what she does, and expressed so much joy and excitement for me. I also appreciated that she graciously offered fashion advice. When I suggested the idea of a one-strap wedding dress, she talked me through the implications (both in cost as well as her opinion on how it would look on my body type). In the end, we agreed to go in a different direction. She’s got the ability to not only envision the perfect dress for a bride, but also to understand the bride’s personality and discover what she will enjoy wearing.

Thank you, Gemma!

Profile Picture Katie, 2/4/17, 15 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Cleaning, Customization, Veils, Bride

Whatever you need done, I believe she can do it. Do not worry about putting your dress in Gemma's hands. She makes dresses in addition to her bridal/formal dress alterations. My dress was bought abroad but six inches too long. With all the lace at the bottom and with the train, I knew it was not an easy job. The lace, beads and sequins had to be removed from the bottom border in order to cut off those six inches. I wondered what it would look like when that border was positioned 6 inches higher than before. She has the eye. She melded the lace of the border in with the lace that was up higher. It was not busy or cluttered. She may have removed a few things. I'm not sure, but it looked perfect. I didn't have a bustle before, so she created a french bustle. The cost may have been on the higher end of the range that I was expecting, but I guess that it was comporable with other places in the area. There was just a bit of sticker shock for me coming back from overseas. It was a bit over $300. I was initially thinking around $250. She gets really busy, so the sooner you get in the better. I was lucky my wedding was off season.

Profile Picture Laura, 1/15/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Bride

I found Gemma by driving by. I stopped in one day to see if I could schedule alterations for my wedding gown and they got me in a week later. I am SO glad I did. Gemma is absolutely wonderful. Every time I was in with my mom for a fitting (3 total fittings) we got individualized service. Gemma truly cares about her customers and she does a fantastic job with everything. I'd recommend Gemma to anyone and everyone! When I picked up my wedding dress, I thanked her and she gave me a big hug. I am so appreciative.

Profile Picture Amanda, 12/29/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Cleaning, Bride

Gemma was fantastic and amazing! She took all the stress and worry out of what is one of the most stressful parts of your wedding as a bride, the dress fitting and alterations. She is a pro and you can tell that she loves what she does by how much time and care she takes in ensuring that you dress fits and looks great on you and that you walk off that fitting pedestal filling like the most beautiful and confident bride. My dress was all lace and silk and quite a bear to alter but she took so much care and time to ensure everything fit just perfect . She even worked with my mom to make a special garter that incorporated the lace from my dress. Gemma is the only person you want touching your wedding dress.

Profile Picture Katie , 11/26/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Bridal Belts, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Undergarments, Veils, Alterations, Customization

Amazing experience!! Gemma was so kind and helpful always made sure what I wanted was done. Never made me feel stupid or uncomfortable. Great all the way around.

Profile Picture Megan, 11/19/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Gemma is amazing! I brought her a designer dress off a rack that was WAY to big for me. She had so much to take in and with that, she had to completely redo the sleeves. There was a lot of work involved and you wouldn't even know that the changes were made. Everyone was in ahhh of my dress and how well it fitted me. I definitely recommend Gemma for your bridal dress alterations. She cares about her work and it shows. Thank you so much!! :)

Profile Picture Lisa, 11/3/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Hair Accessories, Undergarments, Alterations, Bride

Gemma was the perfect person for altering my dress. I wanted a high slit in my wedding dress and Gemma nailed it! She was able to turn my wedding dress into my dream dress! She was very willing to accommodate and go for the look I was wanting. Gemma was always very professional. I will definitely be going to her in the future when I need alterations!

Profile Picture Bethany, 10/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Gemma and Lynn did any amazing job to help me re-design and tailor my dress to fit my body like a glove. While the base of my wedding dress that I bought worked well, I needed help to add a little extra pizazz to make it stand out. We removed the cheap beading off of my dress and they hand stitched Swarovski crystals to the shoulder and created a spray of crystals over the bust area. They repaired a tear at the back of my dress, hemmed my challenging ruffled skirt, added a bustle, refitted the sides to help the dress fit me better, and dry cleaned my dress before I wore it down the aisle. I felt stunningly beautiful and elegant on my day thanks to their care and workmanship. My husband was teary eyed when he saw me when we did first looks. Once you get your dress, make an appointment to see them as soon as possible. They are busy with a lot of clients. Gemma and her staff does an excellent job and is gifted in what she does. Their prices were reasonable too.

Profile Picture Amelia, 7/8/17, 13 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Undergarments, Veils, Bride, Alterations, Customization

Gemma was wonderful and the service was so fast. I had ordered an evening gown to wear for my wedding and the dress arrived way too big. I took my dress in to be altered on 04/20/16 and it was done on 04/28/16. When I told Gemma and the ladies my wedding date they were so sweet and assured me the alterations would be done on time. They did a wonderful job on my dress and had it ready in record time.

Profile Picture Shana, 5/6/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Bride

I am so glad I found Gemma! She was just amazing! My dress fitted like a glove and every experience in the store was excellent. Just the most friendly, positive, helpful ladies. They made the fittings fun and I felt beautiful. I would definitely recommend using Gemma for alterations and fittings.

Profile Picture Jodie, 4/2/16, 13 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations

Gemma as well as her sister and staff are amazing! They have exceptional customer service, as well as a incredible talent with alterations. Thank you for all you did for me as well as all my brides maids.....you are AMAZING!

Profile Picture Faith, 3/5/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I originally bought my dress from Brilliant Bridal in June of this year. From the time I bought my dress until my first appointment with Gemma, I had lost 20 pounds. By the time I had my appointment, the dress that had fit when I bought it was now 4-5 sizes too big. I also gave Gemma the task of a modesty build up of a bolero since I'm LDS and need to have my dress a certain way. I've watched my dress morph from this ill fitting dress that I hope I would still love to this beautiful perfectly fitting master piece. We're not even done with the final fitting and I'm already thrilled with the results I have been seeing. I know that she had to do an insane amount of work on my dress and she couldn't have done a better job. She, her sister and her nieces are always such a pleasure to work with. They understood my fear and helped reassure me along the way that everything will turn out okay. I wouldn't hesitate to refer anyone who needs work done to their dresses to Gemma.

Profile Picture amber, 12/29/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Cleaning, Customization

Gemma and her ladies ROCK! They took great care of me (and my dress) and always left me with a smile. Not only did they make the dress exactly how I wanted it, we had a great time doing it. Gemma even went out of her way to make me a special garter at the last minute. She saved the day and I am so grateful! It is very obvious that they all take great pride in their work and keeping their customers happy. I can't wait to show off my beautiful dress at the wedding in a few days!

Profile Picture Karissa, 12/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

After you buy a wedding dress you don't realize how much time you are going to spend with a seamstress. There is no other seamstress I would have enjoyed spending this time with other than Gemma. She is sweet and fun. She did a wonderful job on the alterations on my very dress and insanely large train and bustle. I will bring any future needed alterations her way for sure!

Profile Picture Megan , 11/14/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations

I loved working with the ladies at Gemma's! They were very helpful and knowledgable with how I wanted my Wedding dress fitted and styled to my body type. I never felt rushed during my appointments but everything was always done on time. My dress turned out perfect and beautiful!!

Profile Picture Kim, 11/6/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations

Gemma is the very best! If you want your dress done correctly then I highly recommend Gemma. I was a plus size bride (My wedding was in Oct 2015) and I needed a lot done with my dress. Gemma redesigned the entire top of my wedding gown and by the time she was done it looked more beautiful than it did before. Gemma’s work is pure perfection and you will not be disappointed. She is also very sweet and I enjoyed our talks every time I went in. At my wedding I had so many guests and other vendors who kept talking about my dress! They absolutely loved it and not to mention my husband was stunned by how perfect it was on me. Thank you Gemma for all the hard work, you helped make my day a fairy tale!

Profile Picture Amber, 10/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

The alterations done to my wedding dress turned out perfect and everything was done within two months! I would recommend Gemma's to anyone needing wedding alterations.

Profile Picture Andrea, 10/2/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Gemma's Fashion has wonderful staff and every time I went in they were always cheery and very professional. Appointments were always on time and the service during those appointments were filled with great advice and awesome ideas! Everything I wanted done to my dress was done and I couldn't have been happier with the outcome. The dress was absolutely beautiful and I would recommend Gemma's Fashion to friends and family.

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Gemma and her sister are saints!! I come in with no wedding date...no direction with a dress that was way too small for me because I broke my foot one year earlier. They were organized and had more fashion sense than me! I bought my vail from them which was the most beautiful one I have ever seen. Gemma kept saying...don't worry Joanna, Ill take good care of you. When I had a wedding date.....the dress was perfect. Thank you so much ladies!!

Profile Picture Joanna, 11/30/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Gemma's was more than I could have hoped for! We were flying from overseas, so my alterations weren't on the usual bridal schedule. She for me in quickly, and transformed my dress from "Meh" to AMAZING! She really listened to what I wanted, for back to me very quickly, and really made sure things were right before I left with the dress. She also custom- made my veil!!! And all for a reasonable price!!! HIGHLY recommend!

Profile Picture Patti, 10/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I cannot recommend Gemma's Fashion and Sewing highly enough. I went to Gemma with a dress someone else picked out for me and wanted to make it "my own." She listened to what I said and before I even had it all the way on, she was already pinning and almost reading my mind. I had a lot of anxiety about certain aspects of the dress but Gemma literally redesigned the whole thing and made it GORGEOUS! I sent a lot of panicked emails but she always made me feel better and the final result was stunning. Unfortunately, I didn't get to end up wearing that dress because we held our wedding in Las Vegas and I needed a different style for the Strip photo tour and reception but the first dress is so gorgeous that I'm going to hang onto it for a vow renewal next year and formal portraits! Meanwhile, I ended up purchasing the second, less formal dress off the rack just a few weeks before our Vegas wedding and Gemma and her sister, Lyn, made it fit like a glove and customized it for me. The hand-beaded spray applique was stunning and I had many guests comment that it made the dress so unique. I feel like Gemma and Lyn are friends now after all we've been through together. I don't know that anyone else would have done a better job or put in extra hours on a dress like they did. You can rest assured that your dress will not leave the shop until both you AND Gemma are 100% satisfied. If you need a dress redesigned, altered, or just personalized a little, don't hesitate for a second to take it to Gemma. I drove over an hour each way to get to her shop and it was more than worth it.

Profile Picture Joan, 10/17/14, 14 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Gemma was a God send!! I was 6 weeks away from my wedding and had SO much work to be done on my dress because of a TERRIBLE ordering experience  After several shops turned me away because my wedding was too soon, Gemma literally saved the day and saved my wedding! I am so grateful for all of her help and all of the work she put into my dress! She is fun, professional, kind and most importantly she certainly knows what she is doing! My dress was not easy to fix as it had so much beading, many layers, and a difficult and heavy skirt to bustle but she finished a full week before my wedding and where I handed her a train wreck, she delivered a miracle in 5 weeks and 3 fittings! I cannot thank her enough for her work! If you have any alterations needed on your wedding dress, you can rest assured that Gemma will get them done perfectly!

Profile Picture samantha, 10/12/14, 9 Reviews