Gemma's Fashion & Sewing Reviews

Gemma's Fashion & Sewing 2
Gemma's Fashion & Sewing 3

Madison · Married on 11/11/2018

Summary of my Experience

I brought in a dress that I was completely panicked about with a design in my head. Gemma perfectly matched that design with the help of her colleagues. The only downside is that I went WAY over my budget. But the work was worth the price.

Debbie · Married on 11/03/2018

Awewome customer service

So they saved me 3 weeks before my wedding. I had a truly horrific experience with Davids Bridal. They helped me by fitting me in and rushing a dress I purchased with Brilliant Bridal. Amazing.

Gemma's Fashion & Sewing 4
    Gemma's Fashion & Sewing 5
    Gemma's Fashion & Sewing 6

Carlie Fraser · Married on 11/02/2018

Amazing, stress free and affordable!

Gemma made my alterations process such a breeze! She listened to everything I wanted and knocked it out of the park. My dress was an absolute dream. She also went above and beyond to make a custom garter and a “babydoll” top from scraps of my dress. (And they don’t break the bank!!) Truly an amazing team to work with for your special day! Couldn’t have asked for better.

Kathleen · Married on 05/18/2018

Gemma is truly a life safer--or should I say wedding saver! I was completely screwed over by a shaddy custom dress shop and with only 2 weeks until my wedding, I had no dress. I was lucky enough to find something close, but it needed a lot of alterations. In shambles emotionally, I was referred to Gemma. She and her team worked miracles and the dress ended up beyond perfect and just in time for the big day. Gemma is not only a wonderfully gifted seamstress, but a true designer and visionary who assisted me in every aspect of the alterations. But more than that, she is just a genuinely wonderful human being. I will never forget the kindness she showed me. Thank you for everything Gemma!!!!!

Alyssa · Married on 01/13/2018

Gemma was so sweet and welcoming from the moment we walked in the door. I had really tough alterations since I need it to follow cathedral guidelines and Gemma was full of wonderful ideas. She was patient while I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and she gave great suggestions to help keep the dress beautiful and fun, while still following guidelines. The final product was absolutely gorgeous and I felt beautiful in it. I will definitely be going to Gemma for any alterations I need in the future. Thank you for making me feel confident and beautiful on my wedding day!

Amelia · Married on 07/08/2017

Gemma and Lynn did any amazing job to help me re-design and tailor my dress to fit my body like a glove. While the base of my wedding dress that I bought worked well, I needed help to add a little extra pizazz to make it stand out. We removed the cheap beading off of my dress and they hand stitched Swarovski crystals to the shoulder and created a spray of crystals over the bust area. They repaired a tear at the back of my dress, hemmed my challenging ruffled skirt, added a bustle, refitted the sides to help the dress fit me better, and dry cleaned my dress before I wore it down the aisle. I felt stunningly beautiful and elegant on my day thanks to their care and workmanship. My husband was teary eyed when he saw me when we did first looks. Once you get your dress, make an appointment to see them as soon as possible. They are busy with a lot of clients. Gemma and her staff does an excellent job and is gifted in what she does. Their prices were reasonable too.

• megz

Megan · Married on 05/20/2017

I purchased my wedding dress online and it was SUPER long. It fit right everywhere else, so I came in thinking all it needed was a hemming... but Gemma worked her magic and pinned the dress around me so it fit PERFECTLY! I am SO happy with the final fit.

Gemma made my off-the-rack gown look like it was made just for me! I can't wait to wear it on the big day! THANK YOU GEMMA! :)

Katie · Married on 02/04/2017

Gemma redesigned my dress into something even more perfect and beautiful than I could have ever imagined! She took a 5-year-old Maggie Sottero sample dress (purchased at Brilliant Bridal), and turned it into a one-of-kind, modern, and simple dress that was perfect for me. It came at a cost, but no penny was wasted. Her work involved replacing the corset with a zipper, removing beading on the bust, and transformed it from a v-neck to strapless sweetheart. It fit perfectly!

Not only is Gemma exceptionally skilled, she’s also really compassionate. Everytime I visited the shop, she took time to make sure she understood what I wanted. She clearly loves what she does, and expressed so much joy and excitement for me. I also appreciated that she graciously offered fashion advice. When I suggested the idea of a one-strap wedding dress, she talked me through the implications (both in cost as well as her opinion on how it would look on my body type). In the end, we agreed to go in a different direction. She’s got the ability to not only envision the perfect dress for a bride, but also to understand the bride’s personality and discover what she will enjoy wearing.

Thank you, Gemma!

Laura · Married on 01/15/2017

Whatever you need done, I believe she can do it. Do not worry about putting your dress in Gemma's hands. She makes dresses in addition to her bridal/formal dress alterations. My dress was bought abroad but six inches too long. With all the lace at the bottom and with the train, I knew it was not an easy job. The lace, beads and sequins had to be removed from the bottom border in order to cut off those six inches. I wondered what it would look like when that border was positioned 6 inches higher than before. She has the eye. She melded the lace of the border in with the lace that was up higher. It was not busy or cluttered. She may have removed a few things. I'm not sure, but it looked perfect. I didn't have a bustle before, so she created a french bustle. The cost may have been on the higher end of the range that I was expecting, but I guess that it was comporable with other places in the area. There was just a bit of sticker shock for me coming back from overseas. It was a bit over $300. I was initially thinking around $250. She gets really busy, so the sooner you get in the better. I was lucky my wedding was off season.

Amanda · Married on 12/29/2016

I found Gemma by driving by. I stopped in one day to see if I could schedule alterations for my wedding gown and they got me in a week later. I am SO glad I did. Gemma is absolutely wonderful. Every time I was in with my mom for a fitting (3 total fittings) we got individualized service. Gemma truly cares about her customers and she does a fantastic job with everything. I'd recommend Gemma to anyone and everyone! When I picked up my wedding dress, I thanked her and she gave me a big hug. I am so appreciative.

Sent on 12/17/2016

Gemma's Fashion & Sewing's reply:

You are so wonderful girl. Just the way you are I could not asked for more. Thank you for the wonderful working experience. I will miss you and Mom. Merry Christmas and have a blessed wedding. Love you Gemma

Katie · Married on 11/26/2016

Gemma was fantastic and amazing! She took all the stress and worry out of what is one of the most stressful parts of your wedding as a bride, the dress fitting and alterations. She is a pro and you can tell that she loves what she does by how much time and care she takes in ensuring that you dress fits and looks great on you and that you walk off that fitting pedestal filling like the most beautiful and confident bride. My dress was all lace and silk and quite a bear to alter but she took so much care and time to ensure everything fit just perfect . She even worked with my mom to make a special garter that incorporated the lace from my dress. Gemma is the only person you want touching your wedding dress.

Megan · Married on 11/19/2016

Amazing experience!! Gemma was so kind and helpful always made sure what I wanted was done. Never made me feel stupid or uncomfortable. Great all the way around.

Lisa · Married on 11/03/2016

Gemma is amazing! I brought her a designer dress off a rack that was WAY to big for me. She had so much to take in and with that, she had to completely redo the sleeves. There was a lot of work involved and you wouldn't even know that the changes were made. Everyone was in ahhh of my dress and how well it fitted me. I definitely recommend Gemma for your bridal dress alterations. She cares about her work and it shows. Thank you so much!! :)

Bethany · Married on 10/21/2016

Gemma was the perfect person for altering my dress. I wanted a high slit in my wedding dress and Gemma nailed it! She was able to turn my wedding dress into my dream dress! She was very willing to accommodate and go for the look I was wanting. Gemma was always very professional. I will definitely be going to her in the future when I need alterations!

Shana · Married on 05/06/2016

Gemma was wonderful and the service was so fast. I had ordered an evening gown to wear for my wedding and the dress arrived way too big. I took my dress in to be altered on 04/20/16 and it was done on 04/28/16. When I told Gemma and the ladies my wedding date they were so sweet and assured me the alterations would be done on time. They did a wonderful job on my dress and had it ready in record time.

Jodie · Married on 04/02/2016

I am so glad I found Gemma! She was just amazing! My dress fitted like a glove and every experience in the store was excellent. Just the most friendly, positive, helpful ladies. They made the fittings fun and I felt beautiful. I would definitely recommend using Gemma for alterations and fittings.

• F

Faith · Married on 03/05/2016

Gemma as well as her sister and staff are amazing! They have exceptional customer service, as well as a incredible talent with alterations. Thank you for all you did for me as well as all my brides maids.....you are AMAZING!

amber · Married on 12/29/2015

I originally bought my dress from Brilliant Bridal in June of this year. From the time I bought my dress until my first appointment with Gemma, I had lost 20 pounds. By the time I had my appointment, the dress that had fit when I bought it was now 4-5 sizes too big. I also gave Gemma the task of a modesty build up of a bolero since I'm LDS and need to have my dress a certain way. I've watched my dress morph from this ill fitting dress that I hope I would still love to this beautiful perfectly fitting master piece. We're not even done with the final fitting and I'm already thrilled with the results I have been seeing. I know that she had to do an insane amount of work on my dress and she couldn't have done a better job. She, her sister and her nieces are always such a pleasure to work with. They understood my fear and helped reassure me along the way that everything will turn out okay. I wouldn't hesitate to refer anyone who needs work done to their dresses to Gemma.

Sent on 12/01/2015

Gemma's Fashion & Sewing's reply:

Thank you Amber for writing us a great review. We love you and see you soon.

Karissa · Married on 12/20/2015

Gemma and her ladies ROCK! They took great care of me (and my dress) and always left me with a smile. Not only did they make the dress exactly how I wanted it, we had a great time doing it. Gemma even went out of her way to make me a special garter at the last minute. She saved the day and I am so grateful! It is very obvious that they all take great pride in their work and keeping their customers happy. I can't wait to show off my beautiful dress at the wedding in a few days!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Gemma's Fashion & Sewing's reply:

Love you, Thank you for making us part of your big day. I wish you the best in life. Come see us in the new shop.

Megan · Married on 11/14/2015

After you buy a wedding dress you don't realize how much time you are going to spend with a seamstress. There is no other seamstress I would have enjoyed spending this time with other than Gemma. She is sweet and fun. She did a wonderful job on the alterations on my very dress and insanely large train and bustle. I will bring any future needed alterations her way for sure!

Kim · Married on 11/06/2015

I loved working with the ladies at Gemma's! They were very helpful and knowledgable with how I wanted my Wedding dress fitted and styled to my body type. I never felt rushed during my appointments but everything was always done on time. My dress turned out perfect and beautiful!!

Amber · Married on 10/31/2015

Gemma is the very best! If you want your dress done correctly then I highly recommend Gemma. I was a plus size bride (My wedding was in Oct 2015) and I needed a lot done with my dress. Gemma redesigned the entire top of my wedding gown and by the time she was done it looked more beautiful than it did before. Gemma’s work is pure perfection and you will not be disappointed. She is also very sweet and I enjoyed our talks every time I went in. At my wedding I had so many guests and other vendors who kept talking about my dress! They absolutely loved it and not to mention my husband was stunned by how perfect it was on me. Thank you Gemma for all the hard work, you helped make my day a fairy tale!

Andrea · Married on 10/02/2015

The alterations done to my wedding dress turned out perfect and everything was done within two months! I would recommend Gemma's to anyone needing wedding alterations.

Jessica · Married on 08/08/2015

Gemma's Fashion has wonderful staff and every time I went in they were always cheery and very professional. Appointments were always on time and the service during those appointments were filled with great advice and awesome ideas! Everything I wanted done to my dress was done and I couldn't have been happier with the outcome. The dress was absolutely beautiful and I would recommend Gemma's Fashion to friends and family.