GEM Transportation Reviews

10 | Hazelwood, MO

10 Reviews for GEM Transportation

Kori · Married on 10/15/2016

When there was an issue with the shuttle we were to ride in, we were upgraded to a Trolley!! We loved our time and our driver and also the get-a-way car at the end of the night! Helpful from day one. Thank you so much GEM we would have picked you again in a heart beat if we could do it all over again!

Sent on 11/02/2016

On time & friendly. We used the awesome trolley for our wedding . Would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/25/2013

This was the vendor at my wedding that was easiest to work with! They were very nice and they always sent me a new contract when I wanted to make changes! We rented a 22 passenger VIP party bus and it was great! Plenty of room, we were allowed to bring drinks and food, and it was clean! We also got a free get-a-way car at the end of the night. The driver was there early and made contact with us when he got there and I felt very safe during the drive. Great vendor!!

Sent on 07/27/2012

ashley · Married on 06/16/2012

We used both a Bus and a limo and both drivers were great and responsive. The cars were perfectly clean and i would use this company again.

Sent on 06/26/2012
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/11/2011

We had the cutest trolley to take my wedding party around on the big day. They were early, which can always be stressful, and were beyond accomodating with the places we wanted to go. They supplied us with a getaway car at the end of the night and the driver was absolutely amazing!

Sent on 12/21/2011
  • kmccr8

Kimberly · Married on 09/04/2010

My mom saw an add in the paper for GEM and we decided to go with it and I'm glad we did. We had a fantastic driver who knew the best ways to get to all our numerous stops. The bus was big and just enough room for our large wedding party. It was comfortable and had great music for us to jam to during our rides. This was a great deal for what we paid!! Definately worth it!

Sent on 09/21/2010

Lindsey · Married on 01/28/2017

4.2

They are professional, timely, and courteous. All our drivers were extremely accommodating (and just really nice/friendly). They did require a little bit of instruction 'day of' that a bride may not want to give, but were quick and handled things well.
    We got the trolley for our 'day of' and it was well worth it. (we used their shuttle buses for rehearsal events prior) - our getaway car was just the icing on the cake with them.

Sent on 02/10/2017

Colleen · Married on 03/06/2010

3.2
      3.0

The limo that we recevied was new and beautiful and the driver was nice and professional. One thing that did occur was that he needed a credit card to pay the remaining balance for the rental. No one had communicated that to me prior to him picking us up at the church. I didn't bring one with me which could have been a disaster if my husband didn't have one on him. Crisis averted, but shouldn't have happened at all. Also, the driver made a couple of snide comments thruoghout the afternoon which I didn't appreciate. All in all, with a different driver it would have been a better experience.

Sent on 03/23/2010

0.0

I sincerely regret choosing this company for my wedding day transportation. When the driver didn't show up at the planned time, we called the company and was told that the driver was right around the corner. Half an hour later, the trolley was still not there. After we asked exactly where he was, it turns out that he was over 10 miles away in rush hour traffic, so we had to find our own transportation to the venue. After the ceremony, I(the bride) had to wake up the driver to allow the wedding party into the trolley. The driver was completely rude and unapologetic. He attempted to bum cigarettes from the wedding party, refused to play the radio and argued about going to the places we had chosen for wedding pictures.

Sent on 12/26/2012

Colleen · Married on 07/02/2011

0.0

I unfortunately cannot say anything positive just yet. Our driver got in a small fender bender which delayed us for 45 minutes because he needed to wait for the police. Now, accidents happen and I am definitely NOT mad that he got into an accident. What upset me is that neither me nor my fiance now husband received a call that we needed to wait or we would be delayed and I came down in my dress with 100* heat having to be told that I could wait on the bus or inside. And we couldn't leave yet.

Now, funny story here...our engagement bus had the same problem! (different company...) And for that we were compensated for two free hours and given an upgraded bus immediately which replaced the original.

I had expected GEM to send an immediate replacement to get us to the ceremony on time but NO we had to wait for our assigned bus to finish getting paperwork filled out.

So, the bus sat - ON - for 45 minutes with no on in it. The moment I step on the bus it feels like a sauna. The air conditioning was barely working. We had to pack 25 people on a 28 seated with barely any air and there was a heat advisory that day!! We were told that the AC wasn't helping because it was so hot out... I would have believed it had we not run into another GEM bus while we were out getting pictures and not only was their bus nicer (no scratch marks outside or on the sides - not even where that day's accident happened...) but their AC was on FULL BLAST.

We're trying to get reimbursed. But so far all we've been offered is a three hour limo ride and two hours reimbursement. I'm from out of town so the free limo ride won't help... with those many problems I'd do all I could to appease a customer. But they haven't seemed to want to do that just yet...

Sent on 07/07/2011