Gateway Clipper Fleet Reviews

80 Reviews for Gateway Clipper Fleet

• Valerie

Valerie A. · Getting married on 08/02/2022

Our Wonderful Wedding Experience

Even with the uncertainty of the pandemic, we had a wonderful wedding experience on February 20th on the Gateway Clipper Fleet. Our guest enjoyed everything about the venue. The staff was wonderful and Dan Bickerton, our wedding planner, did a fabulous job setting everything up and making sure our special day was a success....I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 03/07/2021
  • DJ

Dj G. · Getting married on 07/10/2022

One stop shop and open communication

We have no regrets planning our wedding with the Gateway Clipper. From day one communication channels were open and highly responsive. The package we selected include almost everything we needed for the wedding allowing us to focus on ourselves and our family rather than coordinating and paying vendors.

Dan always fielded any question we had professionally and promptly.

On the day of the event, Stormi kept us informed of our timelines, made sure we were well taken care of, and kept the event running without a hitch.

All of our guest enjoyed themselves and we heard no complaints.

Hands down, we would do this again and even make the event longer.

Sent on 11/16/2020

Kourtni B. · Married on 05/22/2021

Awesome experience

Our wedding went super smoothly even amid the pandemic! The Gateway Clipper crew was professional and helpful. Once I got down to the dock, I didn't have to worry about anything! Also huge fan of the mostly all inclusive packages as it made planning much less stressful. I would recommend the Gateway Clipper to anyone because guests loved the nontraditional venue and it's a great value for your money.

Sent on 06/01/2021
  • She’la

She’la C. · Married on 05/16/2021

A Night To Remember

We Had Our Wedding Reception On The Gateway. It Was A Night To Remember!

Sent on 06/05/2021

Misty K. · Married on 05/07/2021

Amazing experience with the Gateway Clipper

My husband and I live out of town and were looking for a venue that had a lot included so there was minimal for us to do! I was also looking for something that was not a traditional ballroom, as it was both of our second marriages. Not long after we booked, the Covid-19 pandemic started. Dan, the wedding coordinator, was amazing! He was quick at responding, and once we got closer and restrictions changed, he worked with management to figure out how to best help us still get married-giving us multiple options to choose from. Having to do minimal with the vendors already contracted with them was perfect for our out of town situation. The day of the wedding the staff was AMAZING! Dan and the rest of the staff had taken care of everything. It was perfect. We would highly recommend the Gateway Clipper!

Sent on 07/19/2020

Gateway Clipper Fleet's reply:

Thank you so much Misty! It was such a pleasure to work with you to ensure that your wedding was still able to take place with us during all of this craziness!

Bethany K. · Married on 04/17/2021

Professional staff, very helpful!

After needing to change our venue plans due to Covid-19, Dan and the rest of the team at the Gateway Clipper were super helpful and responsive. They were very accommodating during the planning period, especially because we live out of town. Everything on the day of wedding was beautiful. We were able to have our ceremony on the top deck and the reception was perfect. Even though we had an unexpected surprise at the end of the night (unrelated to the Gateway Clipper or the crew), the staff handled it professionally and were very accommodating. I would definitely recommend for your big day!

Sent on 04/29/2021

Sarah Y. · Married on 10/31/2020

Amazing , wonderful

With covid ruining a lot of wedding this year the one bright side for us was we had such an amazing wedding with the Gatrway Clipper . Our orgainal venue could not hold our wedding we scramble to find a new one with three months to go to the big day. Dan and his team had been nothing but amazing . My guest have told me what a great time they had and the food was amazing. Everyone felt comfortable with how many people were on board and how the staff was with wearing mask the whole time . It was wonderful

Sent on 11/16/2020

Maria S. · Married on 10/31/2020

Terrific coordinator, accommodation were over the top

I knew I wanted a wedding that everything was included. Gateway Clipper Fleet was able to package most things together and deliver for one price which is exactly the experience i was looking for and presented a list of vendors for flowers and other items that were not included. My family and friends were so amazed at how not stressed we were about and leading up to the wedding. We were really nervous about having a micro wedding during and they accommodated all of wants to help our guests social distance and no covid19 cases came from the event with everyone following the rules of wearing masks and hand sanitizing and social distancing at the tables. I appreciate everything that was done to make this a success and my father-in-law wants to have a party again there he had so much fun!

Sent on 11/24/2020
  • Meg

Megan D. · Married on 10/10/2020

Dream Come True!

My wedding was everything I could’ve ever dreamed of, I loved working with Dan! With realistic expectations and the understanding that not everything is going to be PERFECT, I would say it was pretty close! I would highly recommend any couple to have their wedding on the Clipper! Our guests were blown away and said it was the best wedding they’ve ever been too!

Sent on 10/23/2020

Gateway Clipper Fleet's reply:

I am SO glad that we were able to make your wedding day everything you had ever dreamed of! You were so much fun to work with!

• Kelly

Kelly N. · Married on 10/10/2020

First Class Pittsburgh Wedding

To all future Brides and Grooms out there: pick the Gateway Clipper. It was the best decision we made, seriously. It is truly the closest one can get to a one-stop-shop. The event that they put together for us could not have been more perfect. Our family and friends have not stopped commenting on how this was the best wedding reception they have ever been to. For an event that turned out so perfectly, it should not be this easy to plan and coordinate. With the Gateway Clipper, it is. They set up everything (we had a meeting a week or two before and literally just dropped everything off the day before) and they managed all the deliveries throughout the day of the wedding. Dan, the wedding coordinator, is super easy to work with - he wants your event to be the best thing you’ve ever gone to and will go out of his way to make everything happen. All of this, as well as a truly professional crew (DJ & Cruise Director included), makes for an amazing, hands-off, FUN, and beautiful evening.

Sent on 10/24/2020

Gateway Clipper Fleet's reply:

I LOVE THE CORNHOLE PICTURE!!!! I am so glad to hear that your big day was so unforgettable! Best wishes to you and Evan! :)

John H. · Married on 10/09/2020

Perfect Day

Our experience with GCF and particularly Dan went beyond our expectations. He almost always got right back to us if we had any questions. They were very flexible and we never felt shortchanged. The food was top notch and the staff and crew were extremely friendly, accomodating and professional. Their vendors are as good as they were. We couldn't have asked for anything better. Add in the perfect weather it truly was the perfect day.

Sent on 10/13/2020

Gateway Clipper Fleet's reply:

Thank you so much John! It was so nice to get to know you and Diane through this process and meet the kids also!

Dan

Hannah · Married on 09/26/2020

Incredible!!

Oh my goodness, where do I even start?! Every bride hopes for every single detail to be absolutely perfect on their wedding day. Dan and crew at the Gateway Clipper made sure this happened for us. I honestly cannot say enough good things about Dan. He was absolutely amazing. He so promptly answered every single question I had throughout the entire planning process and made everything stress free and fun! He was so easy to communicate with and just hands down one of the best people I’ve ever worked with! The crew the day of were some of the sweetest people I have ever met!! All of them were so nice and our cruise director was so sweet! They made sure that we got some of our appetizers from cocktail hour since we were upstairs taking pictures the whole time and plated our food for us so that we could continue to talk to everyone. Our captain, Andy, made sure we had the most perfect view the entire time for the ceremony. My wedding night was a dream come true and Dan and everyone at the Gateway Clipper worked so hard to ensure that. Also, the all inclusive packages that The Gateway Clipper offers are amazing! All of the vendors they use are perfect! It makes the entire process of planning a wedding SO much easier. There is not a single thing I could possibly complain about! Thank you to Dan and all of the staff at the Gateway Clipper! I seriously mean it when I say I could not have asked for a better experience with you all!!

Sent on 09/29/2020

Gateway Clipper Fleet's reply:

Thank you so much Hannah! It was such a pleasure working with you (and Andrew) to plan your big day!

Tricia M. · Married on 09/26/2020

Best wedding ever

Our wedding was amazing!! In the middle of the pandemic and having tragedies happening, they handled our wedding perfectly. They eased our concerns and answered any questions (and there were a lot). I was shocked how our coordinator setup everything almost exactly how I wanted it without us even talking about it, how crazy is that. Everything went smoothly and perfect! We could not have asked for a better coordinator and crew. They were a delight to work with and every guest had so much fun. Everything looked stunning and the food was delicious. Especially the Mac n cheese, people are still talking about how good it is. Thank Dan for everything that you did, you went above and beyond.

Sent on 10/30/2020

Colleen S. · Married on 08/29/2020

Our Amazing Wedding

Had our August 29th wedding on the Empress. It was perfect! The food was amazing, staff was super and very professional, the DJ was awesome and the views were spectacular. Most of our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to! I also have to rave about Dan, the wedding coordinator for the Clipper Fleet. He is fantastic at his job and kept in contact with us throughout all of the ups and downs during the unfortunate pandemic. He made the planning process so easy and always went out of his way to find answers to our questions. He even emailed us multiple times late into the evening when he didn’t have to. My only regret is that it is over because I would do it again in a second! If you’re looking for a unique and fun wedding venue, definitely check out the Gateway Clipper Fleet!

Sent on 09/17/2020

Gateway Clipper Fleet's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Colleen! It was such a pleasure working with yourself and Ryan throughout your wedding process! I hope to see you on a dinner cruise in the future!

Abbie S. · Married on 07/25/2020

Amazing beautiful night

I wish the night would not of ended. It was amazing, all my guest loved it. The clipper and all the staff made it 100% perfect. During these rough times the communication was awesome. I didnt have to worry about anything as they took care of it all. Please book your wedding with them or any special event.

Sent on 07/27/2020
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 01/25/2020

Magical winter wedding!

We chose the gateway clipper because it was an all inclusive wedding venue. We loved how everything from the cake, to the dj was already picked and we didn’t have to worry about any of it. I don’t know how I would have done it without them. Super helpful every step of the way! We had the most amazing day! Dj was amazing, cake was amazing, and the back drop of the city was magical. Our families absolutely loved it. “The most memorable wedding” is what we’ve been hearing from everyone.

Photos by: ADAPT Creative Co.

Sent on 01/28/2020

Gateway Clipper Fleet's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! :) We loved working with you and making your big day so special for you, Zach and David!

Kim P. · Married on 07/13/2019

Easy to work with

Great experience so far. Our sales rep was knowledgable and worked with us to ensure our plans for the venue were everything we dreamed of.

Sent on 02/01/2019

Gateway Clipper Fleet's reply:

It has been great working with you so far! I cannot wait to continue the planning process for your big day :)
    - Emily
  • Ciera

Ciera D. · Married on 07/13/2019

A dream come true

I dont think words can possibly describe absolute pleasure it was working with gateway clipper and our wedding planner, Emily. First the planning process was made an absolute breeze because the best thing about the gateway clipper was how the DJ, photo booth, and baker was all kinda included if you chose it to be which made planning just a little less stressful! Lastly, our wedding was an absolute dream! Our guests are still raving about how exciting it was to ride up and down all three rivers and enjoy the beautiful city of Pittsburgh at night on a boat all of our own! The staff was very helpful and so sweet! Lastly, our DJ and photobooth (highly recommend) did an AMAZING job keeping the party moving and keeping our family up on the dance floor all night long! There are a few things I would change about my wedding day however, choosing the Gateway Clipper as our wedding venue was not one of them!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Gateway Clipper Fleet's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing the Gateway Clipper as your wedding ceremony and reception venue! It was an absolute pleasure working with the two of you :)

Best Wishes,
    - Emily

We can not say enough good things about the Gateway Clipper. We held a 'Parivar Milan' (family union) there for our family and our future daughter-in-laws family. We basically were introducing a Charlotte family to Pittsburgh and to some new and old Indian traditions. It was wonderful. We worked with Steve who was beyond fantastic. He listened, suggested, encouraged, and held our hands the entire way. Communication via email or phone was always prompt. He arranged for us to taste the chef's Indian food. He suggested some decorating ideas and helped us along with the ideas we already had, no small feat. When it decided to rain, moving our corn hole game inside was no big deal. Everyone loved the Polish and Indian food, the Pittsburgh cookie table was awesome, as was the assistance with our handicapped guests. From dropping off the decorations the day before, to helping the day of the event I can not say enough about the entire staff. Thank you Steve and all the staff of the Gateway Clipper!

Sent on 05/11/2016

Gateway Clipper Fleet's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing me and the Gateway Clipper Fleet to be a part of this incredible celebration!!! I enjoyed working with you both every step of the way!!! Please keep in touch!!! -Steve

Steven · Married on 11/18/2017

I couldn't be happier with our experience with the Gateway Clipper! People always said that planning a wedding was so stressful and this was not our experience at all. From the very first meeting it was smooth sailing the entire way. Steve and his staff made every aspect of this so easy which cleared the way for us to just look forward to the day without the stress of worrying if it was all done.

The actual wedding was PERFECT. They set up the tables exactly how we asked. The boat looked so beautiful and Shanya, the cruise director, walked us through every step of the way and made us feel at ease with the whole evening. The food was amazing! The bartender was fast and efficient and so sweet. The DJ played every song we asked for and executed the night seamlessly. Seriously, this was so much more than I could have ever asked for! Thank you to everyone at the Gateway Clipper for making our wedding night beyond perfect.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Gateway Clipper Fleet's reply:

Thank you so much Steven and Gene for allowing the Gateway Clipper and I to be a part of this Gorgeous Day!!! Please stay in touch!!!

Jarrett · Married on 11/05/2017

Our wedding with the Clipper was amazing. From first contact, through the planning, rehearsal, big day, and even post wedding follow ups every detail was handled in a professional yet friendly manner.

We can't thank the Gateway Clipper staff enough for guiding us to a smooth and enjoyable wedding. Multiple guests have reached out to us offering praise about the wedding!

Gateway Clipper Fleet's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you both!! Please keep in touch!!

Tom · Married on 10/07/2017

Our planner, Steve Anderson, was there for us from start to finish, always accommodating our requests quickly and to our satisfaction. Our boat ride/ luncheon was perfect, our only regret was not booking it for another hour or two!
    Tom and Betsy Strasbaugh

Gateway Clipper Fleet's reply:

Thank you so much Tom and Betsy for allowing us to be a part of your beautiful day!! Please stay in touch!!

Carolyn · Married on 09/23/2017

Steve was AMAZING to work with!! Always accessible and bent over backwards to make my dream wedding a reality. My dad ended up being in a wheelchair the day of the wedding and Steve made sure that he could still be a part of everything.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Gateway Clipper Fleet's reply:

Thank you so much Carolyn for allowing me and the Gateway Clipper to be a part of your Beautiful Day!! Keep in touch!

Kayla · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I had an incredible reception with the Gateway Clipper. We were on the Empress, which is their biggest boat, and everything turned out perfect. We worked with Steve Anderson, and he made the entire process so easy. He was so attentive to our needs, very easy to talk to, and quick to respond to our emails and phone calls. We are so thankful to have had the opportunity to work with him! The food was provided through the boat and it was excellent, 10/10. To this day, our guests continue to mention how amazing the food was. Overall, everything turned out beyond what we imagined. Standing on top of the Gateway Clipper, hand in hand with my new husband, as it floated towards the lit up city, was an experience I'll forever cherish. If you are still looking for your venue to have your reception at, the Gateway Clipper is the place to choose!

Gateway Clipper Fleet's reply:

Thank you both so much for allowing us to be a part of such a Gorgeous Day!!
    Please stay in touch!!