Gaslamp Floral Reviews

72 | San Diego, CA

72 Reviews for Gaslamp Floral

Raquel · Married on 02/24/2018

From even our first meeting with Dawn, I knew she understood my vision. I had a pretty specific idea, and in talking with Dawn she was enthusiastic and assured me it was doable. She was very knowledgeable about the flowers and what would be in season, and didn’t try to talk me out of one flower to be replaced with another, as other florists had done.
    I could not believe what I saw the day of my wedding. Dawn NAILED it, more than I ever could have imagined. The flowers were beautiful and healthy, and there were so many more decorating the venue than I had expected. We got so many compliments on our flowers, and I couldn’t have been happier. Thank you so much for all your work, Dawn; it was gorgeous!!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank YOU so much! You and your family were so wonderful and made my job even more fun than it already is :-) I am so glad that I was able to capture the look you wanted and go above your expectations - that's always my goal! Can't wait to see photos!! xo ~Dawn

Mary Carey · Married on 01/20/2018

Dawn made my dream wedding happen!

Dawn and her team were amazing when planning my wedding and executing my vision perfectly. I planned for a year and Dawn listened to my ideas and everything turned out exactly how I wanted. The table centerpieces, bouquets and Boutonnières were perfect. I wanted simple, clean with gray and white tones. My husband and I didn’t have to think or stress on our wedding day, we just enjoyed the day and that was my goal all along. Dawn made that happen for us and we are eternally grateful to her for making our day so special.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

You are SO sweet - thank you! I am so excited that we were able to help make your day beautiful. We had talked about it all so long ago and it finally came :-) A personal thank you for being so wonderful through a tough time

Tabitha and David · Married on 12/01/2017

Gaslamp Floral did an excellent job designing and providing our floral arrangements! We communicated some concepts and the Gaslamp team was able to accurately build around our ideas to meet our expectations. We found them easy to work with, as well as flexible with our time and budget. Gaslamp will be our first choice for the next time we need flowers!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you so much you two! You were so much fun and I loved working with your holiday color scheme! I am so happy that we were able to give you what you were looking for as well as keep your budget in check :-) xo ~Dawn

Natasha · Married on 09/30/2017

Gaslamp Floral made my day so much more special with their beautiful flower arrangements! They were so flexible with us as well. We were a military couple so our date did change at least twice and Gaslamp Floral never dropped the ball or made us feel like we were not a top priority. The pricing is more than fair and they were able to keep my over active imagination at bay with their quick response time. If you are looking for a team to take the guesswork and stress out of all your wedding flowers, look no further than Gaslamp Floral because they really go above and beyond.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Natasha! We are so glad we were able to work with you on your date and floral changes and in the end were able to help make your wedding day beautiful! Congratulations again! xo ~Dawn

Hannah · Married on 09/16/2017

To start of, I didn't actually hire Dawn but I really wish I could have. Dawn and her husband are extremely attentive and flexible to their clients needs. I unfortunately had a stricter budget but Dawn did everything she could to get the price down. Her work is beautiful and by speaking to her you can tell she definitely knows what she is doing. She was always available through phone and email and was always pleasant to speak to. If you have the chance hire them, I really do believe they will do a beautiful job!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you Hannah, your kind words are so appreciated! I wish we could have worked together as well and I hope you know that we did do our absolute best to get you what you needed. It didn't work out this time but I hope if you need florals again, you will think of us! Congratulations, I know your wedding will be beautiful! xo ~Dawn

Lindsay · Married on 08/12/2017

Dawn and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with. Not only was she super responsive and listened really well, everything was so seamless day of (which is a huge deal, no one needs extra stress in the days leading up to the wedding). She met with us early on, learned our style through pinterest boards, helped us through the process (who knew flowers could be so complicated??) and made some really helpful money-saving suggestions. It turned out exactly the way we hoped it would. I highly recommend Gaslamp Floral, you won't regret it!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thanks Lindsay! We absolutely loved working with you two and with your bright and fun color scheme. We were so happy with the way everything turned out! I am so glad that you loved everything - that's what we strive for!! xoxo ~Dawn

Noela · Married on 07/28/2017

Let me start by saying how happy I am to have chosen Gaslamp Floral to do the flowers for my wedding. San Diego was a destination wedding for me and I did not want to spend a lot of time or money on the event. Dawn was amazing, incredibly easy to work with. I sent her some reference pictures of what I wanted and I was impressed by how much she “got me” in terms of what I wanted, and at the price point I needed. I was completely blown away when I saw the flowers. Really, blown away. Not only were they stunning and more beautiful than I even imagined, the table settings were much bigger than I thought they would be. I really didn’t expect it, but the flowers have been one of the things I nostalgically think back to about the day and my guests still comment on how beautiful they were.

I really couldn’t be happier, thank you Dawn!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you SO much Noela! Your flowers were so lovely and they did enhance the intimate space at the Grande Colonial Hotel so well - I'm so glad that you were super happy with them. I'm so thankful for Joshua Killeen's recommendation and cannot wait to see the photos! Congratulations again! xo ~Dawn

Kimberly · Married on 07/08/2017

Seriously the best! Dawn and her team exceeded my expectations when it came to providing the most gorgeous flowers that perfectly matched by theme and met my budget concerns! She is easy to work with, prompt at answering all my questions, gave me great visuals to guide my decision making processes.... hands down the best! I loved how she incorporated our bouquets into our head table centerpieces as well. Soooo beautiful!! I have recommend her for my niece and friends wedding coming up in 2018! Best wishes!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thanks SO much Kimberly! You were such a pleasure and we loved working with your jewel-toned moody florals. I am so glad that we were able to give you more than what you thought you could do budget-wise :-) Can't wait to see the photos and to hear about your niece's wedding next year!! xoxo ~Dawn
  • Veronica

Veronica · Married on 07/07/2017

Venue Launch

Dawn is so amazing, both her character and her work! She is beautiful inside and out, and has a stunning eye. Her florals are incredible and will leave a lasting impact for your guests. If you are looking for show stopping floral, look no further! Dawn is your girl.

Sent on 04/22/2019

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you SO much Veronica! You planned an amazing event and I know you'll make this venue one of the most sought after in San Diego! Can't wait to work with you more in the near future! xo ~D

Erin · Married on 06/24/2017

My now-husband and I found Dawn through our wedding planner. We met Dawn and she instantly understood the look we were trying to achieve. She gave great ideas and feedback that enhanced what we had pictured, and she didn't pressure us away from what we wanted. We did meet with other florists, but they didn't seem to get us like Dawn did. It was a no-brainer to choose her as our florist. Our wedding floral arrangements were beyond gorgeous and more than I could have ever dreamt about! My bouquet was out of this world and you could just see all the time and thoughtfulness she put into it, as well as all the other arrangements. We were very pleased with her work and I HIGHLY recommend her!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you SO much Erin! I am so grateful and happy to hear that you were so pleased with our work. We LOVE what we do and try to put that love into every item we make for our couples. Your words are so appreciated :-) xoxo ~D

Nancy · Married on 05/27/2017

The flowers were absolutely gorgeous!!! Dawn was very professional and very easy to work with! And she had a lot of great ideas. I have three daughters and plan to use her for all three of them!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you SO much Nancy! We strive to do everything we can to give our clients gorgeous florals! And your other daughters will be a pleasure to work with!! Can't wait to hear from you! Cheers! ~Dawn
  • Miriam

Miriam · Married on 03/25/2017

Moment we get our engagement ring we start thinking of all the details for our big day. We pin a million and one center pieces and look at all the Instagram wedding post. Somewhere along the way, we lose focus of what we really want and what will fit well in the venue we have picked. Dawn helped me make all those pinned and Instagram ideas into a reality. She looked at a ton of pictures and listened to what we wanted our wedding day to feel like. She captured every detail that we wanted, always keeping in mind that we had a tight budget. Dawn was honest about ways to keep cost down without compromising the vision we had. The center pieces, flower arrangements and wedding party flowers were just perfect. With her vision, she created a huge reception hall into the most romantic and warm setting. Five months after our wedding people are still talking about how beautiful our flowers were. We will forever be grateful for Dawn and her team. There is no doubt that I will be calling her for future events.

Love,
    Miriam and Albert Aguilar

Sent on 08/24/2017

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you so much Miriam! We absolutely LOVED the look of your wedding - it was so magical and lovely - as were you! I am so glad that we were able to take your vision and make it a reality! xoxo ~D

Marko · Married on 11/26/2016

I had a great experience with Dawn & Johnny of Gaslamp Floral! A few of my friends had hired Gaslamp floral for their weddings, and the arrangements were always amazing. When I was hosting an intimate soiree of my own, I knew Dawn would be the person to call. I had a vision in mind, but overall I sort of wanted to give them room to get creative and make something totally unique. The end result was more than I could have imagined! Everyone was talking about the centerpieces. I kept seeing people pointing at the different unique pieces in each of them. They had so many elements, beautiful unique flowers, artichokes, pomegranates, apples, berries, feathers. It was so beautifully done and SO memorable. They were even better that what I had in mind, they really blew me away with their creativity and execution. Would recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 12/24/2016

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you! We LOVED making those super unique arrangements for your small holiday gathering - having the freedom to be creative is so wonderful, thank YOU for that! Can't wait to work on the next one!! xoxo ~Dawn

Amanda · Married on 09/24/2016

We loved working with Dawn and her team on our wedding flowers! When we met with her we gave her an idea of what we were looking for (colors, types) and within a day she had everything typed up with pictures and a quote! About 2 months before our wedding day, I decided to change my mind on the centerpieces we had originally chosen and again, they were great about working with us on our budget and offering us choices and options to make our dreams a reality.

During the wedding planning process I kept hearing stories from different people about how they did their own flowers or their flowers did not come out they way they had envisioned, so as any bride would be, I was nervous about seeing the end product. However, when I walked into the bridal suite and saw my bouquet, I couldn't have been more happy. Everything I had wanted had been executed to perfection. Then, when I saw the centerpieces, I was blown away.

Everyone at our wedding was raving about the flowers and how beautiful they were. We can't thank Dawn and her team enough for making our flower dreams a reality and for making the process so unbelievably easy.

Sent on 12/15/2016

Strphanie · Married on 08/06/2016

Gaslamp Floral was AMAZING and I highly recommend them for any event you need florals for. We saw their work at a friends wedding a year ago and then used them for our wedding at the beginning of August and we continue to get friend and family comments about how beautiful the flowers were. They went out of their way to help us make our wedding exactly what we dreamed of and worked within our budget, which is unheard of! We could not be more impressed with Gaslamp Floral and their friendly, knowledgeable, and talented staff! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Amira · Married on 08/06/2016

I cannot say enough about Dawn's creative vision! I am a wedding photographer and have had the pleasure of working with her on several occasions now. Each time it's been such a treat to photograph her stunning florals! At each wedding, the brides have gushed over their gorgeous bouquets and centerpieces which ended up being even more beautiful than they were envisioning. I will continue to recommend Gaslamp Floral to my future couples!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Ellie · Married on 06/11/2016

We live on the East Coast and had to do most of our floral planning via email and telephone. Flowers were a very important to us. We provided Gaslamp Floral with sample photos and discussed what we wanted. The flowers were gorgeous! They listened to our requests and followed through beautifully. We received so many compliments from our guests. They truly care about their clients and go out of their way to be certain you get fabuolus flowers. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Working with Dawn was one of the best decisions I made in the wedding planning process! She really understood my vision for the flowers and ambiance and delivered above my expectations. Since ours was a destination wedding, it was important for me to work with our vendors without being present. Dawn was responsive and communicated clearly with me along the way. Her quote and vision board were great and easy to follow. Dawn also worked closely with the coordinator at the venue to align on all the details.

When I walked into our reception area and saw the final product I was blown away! The flower arrangements and bouquets were just stunning. I highly recommend Gaslamp Floral, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/16/2016

Andi · Married on 02/29/2016

Gaslamp Floral pulled off a flower crown for me for an incredibly short-notice maternity shoot. I had minimal vague guidelines ("Um, not too big, no pink... something small and earthy?") and they created the perfect crown!!! Simple beautiful wildflowers, and it fit perfectly and looked stunning in the photos! I was going to only wear it for a few pics, but ended up wearing it in almost all of them for the special touch it leant- made the photos really pop! They were so accommodating, friendly, and were a pleasure to work with- will definitely use them again!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Roger · Married on 11/20/2015

Dawn was amazing. She did our wedding flowers on November 20, 2015 and they turned out beautifully. Dawn was recommended to my husband by a friend. When we were able to meet up with her we discussed everything color, flower type, budget and she was very personable. She was easy to talk to and saw the vision I was looking for in my flowers. She makes sure your needs are met while sticking to our budget. Whenever I had any questions via email or phone she was quick to respond. She even just emails to see how the rest of the planning is going making sure I was not stressed out. She is amazing my flowers were gorgeous and I could not thank her enough for the amazing work she did. She comes highly recommended.

Sent on 12/17/2015

Dawn · Married on 10/17/2015

Wow! Gaslamp Floral absolutely blew my mind this past weekend at our wedding!!! Honestly, Dawn, John and their assistant went above and beyond for our ceremony and reception. I'm still in shock at how incredible their work was and how they made my vision come to life. They gave me exactly what I wanted and then some!! All my guests were wowed by the ambiance, flowers and decor and I have Gaslamp Floral to thank.

We had a backyard ceremony & reception and I think I am so over joyed because Dawn & John really transformed the space and just made it so magical for us with their incredible work! They created the most amazing centerpieces for our tables, such a gorgeous spray for our ceremony arch, to-die-for bouquets for the bridal party, wrist corsages and boutineers, and just beautiful touches everywhere. They decorated our tables to perfection and added to the decor with tons of candles, hanging jars, and other details around the reception site. It truly was a complete transformation of the backyard space and I still have guests commenting on how beautiful it looked!

I worked mostly with Dawn before the wedding, and she was very easy to work with. She is very professional and made the process so easy for me. We sent photos back and forth to make sure we were on the same page with the vision and she had very specific questions for me to make sure she got it right. And when I didn't know what to choose for certain things, she made great decisions for me, and that was extremely helpful!

So, if you are looking for a florist who is meticulous & creative, who listens to your wishes and is very clear and professional, than contact Dawn at Gaslamp Floral. They are the only florist in San Diego that I could recommend with full confidence!!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Azin · Married on 09/19/2015

If you're in the process of searching for a perfect florist right now and happened to come across Gaslamp Floral, stop searching! Dawn's work is absolutely amazing. Our wedding looked so flawless and dreamy because of the beautiful flowers Dawn created for us.It was everything we had envisioned and more. Her beautiful work aside, Dawn's attitude and professionalism is what helped us make the decision to go with her. She was so patient with our budget, so understanding and always so kind and sweet. On her own, without us requesting, Dawn went to our venue for the second time to do the necessary measurements, she did research on traditional Persian ceremonies just to be prepared for our big day. Her honesty, attention to detail and hard work is what made us 100% comfortable and happy with Dawn. You won't regret working with Dawn and her team.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Marcia · Married on 09/06/2015

Dawn was my wedding planner and it made perfect sense to hire Gaslamp Floral. I met with her to discuss my vision for my wedding and she worked with my budget to bring it all to life! Her quotes were clear and easy to follow. We reviewed different types of flowers in my desired colors and budget so I would know what to expect. My wedding featured beautiful bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, a large floral spray on my ceremony pergola, as well as pretty altar arrangements. My favorite were the hanging carnations! In the ballroom Dawn filled my DIY vase centerpieces with flowers, and made a full and lovely garland for my sweetheart table. Toss bouquet was free! I needed cake flowers last minute and she delivered beautifully! There were even extra flowers placed on the guest/escort/gift tables that really made a difference in my photos. I requested for golf tees to be added to my groom's bout and she placed lovely white ones with it. He loved it when he saw it! Dawn always communicated well and I was so impressed with how beautiful everything turned out on my special day!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Amy · Married on 08/28/2015

As someone who had always dreamed of having a DIY wedding and putting personal touches on every detail I never thought I would "outsource" something as fun as florals and centerpieces. So you can imagine I was super hesitant at first. After meeting with Dawn and discussing what my fiancé and I had sketched out, not only in our heads but literally on paper- yes I drew sketches of the centerpieces- I was put completely at ease.

Dawn seemed to not only "get me" but she was also very knowledgable in her industry. She communicated what would be available and which flowers I would have to pass on during that time of year. And as soon as I was told peonies would not be in season- She had many other floral options that would create a similar look.

After all of the planning and communication (which she was always very responsive- which is extremely helpful when planning a destination wedding) the wedding day finally arrived and everything I had dreamt up, pictured, sketched, and planned with Dawn came to life but unbelievably better than expected! I don't know how she did it but each bouquet, centerpiece, boutonniere, etc. was above and beyond our expectations. I am incredibly thankful that we went with Gaslamp Floral for our Wedding florals and thank you Dawn for being such a dream to work with!

Sent on 03/25/2015

Tamra · Married on 08/08/2015

At the beginning of wedding planning, florals were kind of an afterthought for me. Looking back, I realize just how important they ended up being to the day. Gaslamp Floral was an amazing choice for our wedding florist. John and Dawn really took the time to listen to what we wanted, and made recommendations based on what was in season, affordable, and would give us the look we were going for. Honestly their recommendations were better than anything I could've come up with. They found a way to tie in the tropical vibe of our venue but stick with our color scheme in a way I could have never imagined. When our initial quote was more than we wanted to spend, they quickly made adjustments to fit it into our budget. They even picked up our centerpieces from my parent's house early so that the flowers could be perfectly fitted and matched to them. I had an idea for the wedding arch but couldn't find an example of it. I described it to Dawn who drew a picture and it was exactly what I had in my head. When I saw the flowers the day of the wedding they were better than I ever imagined. They honestly took my breath away. They even placed extra flowers on our cake and put petals and flowers on our bed in the honeymoon suite. I have received so many compliments on the florals at our wedding, and even perfect strangers have commented on facebook saying they are the most beautiful wedding flowers they have ever seen. I am so happy with Gaslamp Floral. They went above and beyond and created a beautiful wedding for us. You will not be dissapointed!

Sent on 08/18/2015