Gaslamp Floral Reviews

Gaslamp Floral 6
Gaslamp Floral 7

Joanna Cahill · Married on 05/31/2019

Highly Recommend!!!!

Dawn went above and beyond what we could have asked for with florals!! She takes the time to learn about what style you are looking for as well as will COMPLETELY work with your budget. She is so sweet and did such a fantastic job! We couldn't have been more pleased! HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Gaslamp Floral 14
    Gaslamp Floral 15
    Gaslamp Floral 16
    Gaslamp Floral 17
    Gaslamp Floral 18
    Gaslamp Floral 19

Alex Sullivan · Married on 04/13/2019

Florals & Coordination in sync!

Dawn was fantastic to work with! She not only did our stunning wedding flowers, she also was our day of coordinator. As a bride, I did not want to worry about anything the day of and Dawn made that happen. Everything went smoothly, and I couldn't have imagined a more perfect wedding day. As an out of town bride, Dawn was so responsive to emails and texts leading up to the wedding. Her florals were stunning and captured the perfect blend of my romantic vision and my now husbands more tropical vision. You will not go wrong hiring Dawn for your florals and/or coordination!

Sent on 06/26/2019
    Gaslamp Floral 20

Connie · Married on 01/19/2019

Personable & Professional from start to finish

Loved, loved, LOVED the arrangements Dawn made for our service. She asked all the right questions and made exactly what I was looking for. Can’t recommend Gaslamp Floral enough! Thanks Dawn!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

You are so sweet, thank you Connie. I'm so glad that I could give you and your family something that evoked what your mother loved. xo ~Dawn

Sarah J. Roderick · Married on 01/10/2019

The Best yet.......

Dawn made more than our wildest dreams come true! She went above and beyond what we expected and everyone that attended was in awe at the details, flowers and expertise she provided!! It was like having an Angel take care of everything to the 1 millionth degree. We simply loved her and her work!!! xo Sarah Roderick

Sent on 01/10/2019

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

You two were simply the epitome of awesome! Thank you again for everything and for being such amazing clients! Can't wait to help with the big party!! xoxo ~Dawn

Greg Roderick · Married on 12/31/2018

Exceeding Expectations

Dawn was exceptional! Here attention to meeting our details, suggesting the perfect additions and pulling together the right people to create our dream experience exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you so much Greg! I am so glad that you two trusted me with so many details and allowed my creativity to shine through! And what a great end to 2018 - wow!! You two are amazing! Thank you again :-) xoxo ~D

Brenda · Married on 11/11/2018

Dawn is the best!

I feel like I have a pretty low key planning process. My focus went to photographer, good, and booze. About one month before the wedding I realized I needed flowers *face palm* my coordinator recommended Dawn and the rest of history. I told her my budget and my ideas. I didn’t need anything over the top. I just loved the idea of greens and baby breathes. Dawn came through and beyond. The morning of my wedding I was pretty relaxed, it hasn’t hit me yet I was about to marry the love of my life. But when Dawn walked in and I saw her beautiful arrangements... those were the things that set off the tears. Dawn showing up with what I had only envisioned in my head in real life made my wedding day more real. Highly recommend. She’s awesome!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thanks so much Brenda! I know flowers weren't your first thought, but that's ok - we understand that everyone an order to their priorities. I'm just glad we connected and that we were able to give you something beautiful for your big day! xoxo ~D
  • Ellie

Ellie Varela · Married on 11/10/2018

Simply the best in San Diego!!

Where do I start!? Dawn was incredible! From the very start - where we sat down and chatted like old friends and went over my vision, budget and dreams, to the very end - where I ugly cried to her and gushed over how beautiful everything turned out the day of our wedding. There were countless emails, photos, and Pinterest inspos back and forth that led up to everything turning out SIMPLY PERFECT! She was honest with me when I told her my budget (Who knew florals were so expensive?!) and we worked through everything as she helped me make the decisions that mattered most to us (i.e. which flowers would give us the same look for less cost).

I would recommend Dawn and her team in a heartbeat! I wish I could get married again just to use her services one more time! Book her! She's simply the best!!

Sent on 12/20/2018
    Gaslamp Floral 32
    Gaslamp Floral 33
    Gaslamp Floral 34

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Lady - you are amazing! You two are such great people and I was so honored to do this for you, your families & friends. I am so happy that you "ugly cried" and loved everything. We really tried to go above and beyond for you guys and I'm glad it paid off :-)
    Congrats and please tell your friends!! xoxo ~D
  • Linda

Linda · Married on 09/28/2018

Great value and awesome floral design!

We hired Dawn for our wedding florals and she did an amazing job! The vision that I had for the florals (pink, white, dusty rose) came together beautifully. We worked mostly through emails (because I'm based in San Francisco), and it was amazing that I showed her a couple of pictures, and she was able to make it turn into reality. The bouquet of the flowers were larger than expected! The florals made the entire wedding reception area so elegant! Also, she was reasonably price and was able to work within our tight budget! She also has connections to other parts of the wedding industry. So if you need wedding planning services, or lights, etc, you can go through her. We got lighting and chair sashes through her without having to worry about anther vendor.

What also makes Dawn and her floral services so awesome is that she took extra florals and decorated other areas of the wedding (welcome table, sweetheart table, reception table). She doesn't let florals go to waste!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you SO much Linda! You were so sweet and your florals were a joy to work on and I'm always happy to decorate with any and all extra flowers that we have. I just hate to throw them away! I am so happy that we were able to make your day extra beautiful! Cheers! ~D

Kristine Lam · Married on 08/11/2018

Even Better Than We Expected

We chose Gaslamp Floral to provide the flowers and greenery for our wedding day and were blown away with Dawn's amazing work. We let Dawn have free reign with the only direction being we wanted bright colors and did not want to go down the pastel/dainty route. Aside from a few pictures, we did not give Dawn much input (which can be frustrating to a florist, we're sure). However, Dawn went with the flow and did not pressure us at all. It's like she read our minds. From the bouquets to the centerpieces the flower arrangements were beyond what we had expected. Two of my bridesmaids even took their bouquets home and replanted the succulents. Not only did Dawn nail it with the floral design and colors, we received so much more flowers and greenery than we thought our budget allowed. The highlight was the amazing display for our sweetheart table, a detail that our guests still remark about. Honestly, flowers and centerpieces were not high on our priority list for the wedding, but looking back on the day, it is one of the details and memories that stand out the most to both of us. Love Dawn and wish we could get married again to relive that amazing day and those wonderful floral arrangements!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you Kristine!! The aesthetic that we created was so much fun! Nothing typical, not the same old thing. I had other vendors compliment the look we created and that's always a huge win for me! I am so glad that you were trusting and willing to let me design something that was vibrant and exciting - thank you for that! LOVED your wedding!! xoxo ~D

Rachel · Married on 08/10/2018

Dawn did an incredible job with our wedding. She completely exceeded our expectations! She was SO flexible and beared with me while I asked question after question and sent ideas back and forth. She always offered an honest opinion based on experience. She was willing to work with us for a reasonable price and offered cost-efficient ideas as well. When I got the venue and saw my bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets, I was floored. They were exactly what I always pictured. I hadn't even seen the flowers throughout the rest of the venue yet but knew it would be incredible! I can't wait to get my photographer pictures back to see it all put together because the day just went by so fast! I took in what I could but I know it's going to look even better in pictures.

Sent on 08/29/2018

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Rachel - you were so sweet and your look was just like you! We had a great time giving you a fresh and clean look to compliment the venue. We are always so excited to hear that your expectations were exceeded - that is always our goal! Congratulations again! xo ~D

Rachel · Married on 08/10/2018

Accommodating, flexible & responsive!

Dawn was incredible throughout the entire wedding planning process. She is super responsive and understanding. She was always willing to work with my ideas and offered tons of options within my budget. I never got to meet her in person because I live in LA and was unable to drive down to SD frequently, but our communication never skipped a beat! She was in communication with me throughout the week of my wedding and even after the wedding to make sure everything was set up as planned. Over the course of 5-6 months, I was constantly e-mailing her new ideas, inspiration photos and questions and she always responded with her honest opinion based on experience as well as other possible options. I'm a super indecisive person so her opinion and flexiblity was very helpful! When I walked into my bridal suite on my wedding day and saw my bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets, I was floored. They were exactly what I envisioned and more! Later, when I saw the tables and archway, I was even more blown away. Our flowers lasted the entire day/night and the hotel we stayed at even used our sweetheart table set up in their lobby after we left (lol). Dawn did an incredible job from our first consult phone call to my wedding day! I highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you SO much Rachel! You were such an amazing client to work with and I'm so glad you liked what we did for you. The whole process was great. That's so cool to hear that the hotel used the arrangement in their lobby after the ceremony - yay! Thank you again! xoxo ~D

Jaclyn · Married on 07/01/2018

The flowers and decorations for my wedding were beyond gorgeous! Dawn was so creative and easy to work with - I am so appreciative of the time and effort she put into making the day beautiful. I highly recommend for a stress-free wedding day!

Sent on 03/06/2018

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you SO much Jaclyn! I really loved your florals - you allowed me to be creative and come up with colors & design that complimented your style as well as the venue's... so glad we could make your day extra special!! xoxo

Catherine · Married on 06/23/2018

From the very beginning, Dawn was extremely personable. We exchanged a couple emails before she asked to meet with us in person. She took the few details we had in mind for our wedding flowers, and elevated our vision better than we could have imagined. The colors she suggested complemented our attire perfectly and added an additional pop of color to our special day. She was very thorough in her communication, considerate of what we wanted, and paid attention to even the smallest details. She went above and beyond our expectations and provided us with incredible service!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you so much Catherine! You two were a pleasure and I was so happy to give you even more than you thought you were getting - always my goal!! Thank you so much again for bringing me on board, it really meant a lot to me :-)

Precious · Married on 06/12/2018

I had a vision and Dawn did it even better than I expected!! The flowers honestly create the vibe of your wedding. I can not thank her enough for making my special day look sooo BEAUTIFUL!

Sent on 06/21/2018
    Gaslamp Floral 35
    Gaslamp Floral 36
    Gaslamp Floral 37
    Gaslamp Floral 38
    Gaslamp Floral 39

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Awww, thank you so much Precious! The look you were going for is timeless which is always a pleasure for me to work on. Thank you again for working with me - you were so sweet! And thank you for posting photos, I didn't get to see you with your hair/makeup done and your dress on - you look beautiful!! xo ~D

Kathy · Married on 06/09/2018

Dawn is a very talented florist. She takes clients with all sorts of different styles and preferences and is able to tailor jobs to fit within your budget, style and preferences. I know because she did flowers for my sister’s wedding who just wanted super simple floral arrangements with mostly hydrangeas. I wanted floral arrangements with orchids and some color but not too much color. Both events flowers came out beautifully. Dawn is very easy to talk to, from our first consultation and throughout the weeks leading up to the wedding day. She is very detail oriented and reconfirms details and asks many questions to make sure she fully understands her client so she could provide exactly what you want. I had a wonderful and positive experience with Dawn and I would recommend her to be your florist for any event.

Sent on 06/23/2018

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

So lovely to hear that you were happy Kathy! Your florals turned out wonderfully and using all of the different types of orchids that you wanted was so much fun! I thank you again for bringing me on board and for your sister recommending me :-) Congratulations again! xo ~D
  • Jori

Jori · Married on 04/12/2018

Dawn was amazing to work with! She was super detail oriented which I appreciated so much--it gave me peace of mind. The bouquets she made were unbelievable (photos attached). I didn't get any photos of the boutonnieres but they were beautiful as well. She went above and beyond to create a center piece for our dinner at a local restaurant (we got married at the courthouse in an elopement-style civil ceremony) that just topped off our whole day. I am still getting compliments on my bouquet from anyone who looks at the photos.

Sent on 05/03/2018
    Gaslamp Floral 40
    Gaslamp Floral 41
    Gaslamp Floral 42

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

I am so glad that I could help make your day extra beautiful. I know that planning your wedding from afar can be stressful - I'm honored to have been a small part of your special day. You were a pleasure to work with and I'm so excited that you loved the flowers - I had a great time creating them! xo ~D

Mary · Married on 02/24/2018

Dawn is terrific. We had a very clear vision of color and type of flower, and a budget. Dawn honoured our wishes, gave us displays that were bigger, fuller, and more beautiful than we'd imagined. She never tried to discourage a flower choice, as some florists tried to do, never made us feel that we were just one more client in a long line, and gave us more than I'd thought possible. The centerpieces were spectacular, the aisle decorations charming, and the bridal bouquets were perfect. Thanks, Dawn!

Sent on 02/25/2018

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you SO much Mary - you were such a pleasure to work with! I wanted to be sure I did everything I could to give you and your family an amazing day!! I am so glad that I was able to meet and exceed your expectations!!! xo ~Dawn

Raquel · Married on 02/24/2018

From even our first meeting with Dawn, I knew she understood my vision. I had a pretty specific idea, and in talking with Dawn she was enthusiastic and assured me it was doable. She was very knowledgeable about the flowers and what would be in season, and didn’t try to talk me out of one flower to be replaced with another, as other florists had done.
    I could not believe what I saw the day of my wedding. Dawn NAILED it, more than I ever could have imagined. The flowers were beautiful and healthy, and there were so many more decorating the venue than I had expected. We got so many compliments on our flowers, and I couldn’t have been happier. Thank you so much for all your work, Dawn; it was gorgeous!!

Sent on 04/25/2018
    Gaslamp Floral 43

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank YOU so much! You and your family were so wonderful and made my job even more fun than it already is :-) I am so glad that I was able to capture the look you wanted and go above your expectations - that's always my goal! Can't wait to see photos!! xo ~Dawn

Mary Carey · Married on 01/20/2018

Dawn made my dream wedding happen!

Dawn and her team were amazing when planning my wedding and executing my vision perfectly. I planned for a year and Dawn listened to my ideas and everything turned out exactly how I wanted. The table centerpieces, bouquets and Boutonnières were perfect. I wanted simple, clean with gray and white tones. My husband and I didn’t have to think or stress on our wedding day, we just enjoyed the day and that was my goal all along. Dawn made that happen for us and we are eternally grateful to her for making our day so special.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

You are SO sweet - thank you! I am so excited that we were able to help make your day beautiful. We had talked about it all so long ago and it finally came :-) A personal thank you for being so wonderful through a tough time

Tabitha and David · Married on 12/01/2017

Gaslamp Floral did an excellent job designing and providing our floral arrangements! We communicated some concepts and the Gaslamp team was able to accurately build around our ideas to meet our expectations. We found them easy to work with, as well as flexible with our time and budget. Gaslamp will be our first choice for the next time we need flowers!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you so much you two! You were so much fun and I loved working with your holiday color scheme! I am so happy that we were able to give you what you were looking for as well as keep your budget in check :-) xo ~Dawn

Natasha · Married on 09/30/2017

Gaslamp Floral made my day so much more special with their beautiful flower arrangements! They were so flexible with us as well. We were a military couple so our date did change at least twice and Gaslamp Floral never dropped the ball or made us feel like we were not a top priority. The pricing is more than fair and they were able to keep my over active imagination at bay with their quick response time. If you are looking for a team to take the guesswork and stress out of all your wedding flowers, look no further than Gaslamp Floral because they really go above and beyond.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Natasha! We are so glad we were able to work with you on your date and floral changes and in the end were able to help make your wedding day beautiful! Congratulations again! xo ~Dawn

Hannah · Married on 09/16/2017

To start of, I didn't actually hire Dawn but I really wish I could have. Dawn and her husband are extremely attentive and flexible to their clients needs. I unfortunately had a stricter budget but Dawn did everything she could to get the price down. Her work is beautiful and by speaking to her you can tell she definitely knows what she is doing. She was always available through phone and email and was always pleasant to speak to. If you have the chance hire them, I really do believe they will do a beautiful job!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you Hannah, your kind words are so appreciated! I wish we could have worked together as well and I hope you know that we did do our absolute best to get you what you needed. It didn't work out this time but I hope if you need florals again, you will think of us! Congratulations, I know your wedding will be beautiful! xo ~Dawn

Lindsay · Married on 08/12/2017

Dawn and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with. Not only was she super responsive and listened really well, everything was so seamless day of (which is a huge deal, no one needs extra stress in the days leading up to the wedding). She met with us early on, learned our style through pinterest boards, helped us through the process (who knew flowers could be so complicated??) and made some really helpful money-saving suggestions. It turned out exactly the way we hoped it would. I highly recommend Gaslamp Floral, you won't regret it!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thanks Lindsay! We absolutely loved working with you two and with your bright and fun color scheme. We were so happy with the way everything turned out! I am so glad that you loved everything - that's what we strive for!! xoxo ~Dawn

Noela · Married on 07/28/2017

Let me start by saying how happy I am to have chosen Gaslamp Floral to do the flowers for my wedding. San Diego was a destination wedding for me and I did not want to spend a lot of time or money on the event. Dawn was amazing, incredibly easy to work with. I sent her some reference pictures of what I wanted and I was impressed by how much she “got me” in terms of what I wanted, and at the price point I needed. I was completely blown away when I saw the flowers. Really, blown away. Not only were they stunning and more beautiful than I even imagined, the table settings were much bigger than I thought they would be. I really didn’t expect it, but the flowers have been one of the things I nostalgically think back to about the day and my guests still comment on how beautiful they were.

I really couldn’t be happier, thank you Dawn!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Gaslamp Floral's reply:

Thank you SO much Noela! Your flowers were so lovely and they did enhance the intimate space at the Grande Colonial Hotel so well - I'm so glad that you were super happy with them. I'm so thankful for Joshua Killeen's recommendation and cannot wait to see the photos! Congratulations again! xo ~Dawn