Gary Lun Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Christina
    Christina H. Getting married on 05/23/2022

Engagement Shoot Photography

My fiancé and I were so happy we chose Gary as our engagement shoot photographer. He was extremely communicative, punctual, reliable, flexible, talented and all around a pleasure to work with. We felt really comfortable with Gary throughout our shoot and he captured some gorgeous photos we will treasure for a lifetime. I'd highly recommend Gary as your photographer!
  • Thomas
    Thomas H. Married on 10/23/2021

Terrific Experience with Gary

I highly recommend Gary for anyone looking for a wedding or engagement photographer. As a photographer he is extremely skilled, and my wife and I are so pleased with all of his work.

However, Gary also helped keep us organized and on point. He scheduled multiple check-in calls with us to ensure everything was appropriately planned. He created an itinerary that we consulted frequently during our wedding planning.

On wedding day he was happy to assist with anything else my wife and I needed, and he was extremely communicative throughout. He is an absolute professional and we feel extremely fortunate to have been able to use him as our photographer.
    Ken Married on 09/18/2021

Amazing photographer with great skills!

One of our engagement photos from a photo session with Gary WON the International Wedding Photography Award! Congratulations on winning Gary! We were absolutely amazed and extremely thankful that he allowed us to pick two locations (Minnehaha Falls and Kaya Vineyards) for an engagement photo session that we won.

He is extremely friendly, very easy going and an amazingly skilled photographer! We received our photos in 2 weeks and we absolutely loved all of the photos!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 09/04/2021

A Truly Invested Professional

My fiance and I are so pleased to have met Gary Lun. As searching for both an engagement and wedding photographer was a first experience for the two of us, we were fortunate to have found Gary. Mr. Lun showed sincere interest in our wishes from the start, and even shared his creativity to assist us in creating a great experience. Gary provided a tremendous product in our engagement photos, and we look forward to recommending him to our friends. Thank you, Gary!
  • Nathanie
    Nathanie C. Married on 07/24/2021

120% Recommend: Wonderful to work with

Gary is awesome! From getting to know us and making sure he got the shots we wanted to delivering our photos so quickly, he is very professional, creative, and talented! He is great to work with and went way above and beyond! We love our photos and 120% recommend Gary!
  • Tim
    Tim S. Married on 07/24/2021

He is amazing!

Gary was and is AMAZING! He went above and beyond to make sure that everything that we wanted was captured. He made sure to note of any special moments that we wanted as well. He was able to send us all the pictures in a very timely manner and they came out beautifully! 100/10 would recommend!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth O. Married on 07/01/2021

Best Photographer!

We absolutely loved having Gary as our photographer. He is incredibly accommodating and is truly a photo ninja! He anticipated our photo needs, so we were able to get some shots we didn't even think we needed! Would recommend him to anyone!
  • Caroline
    Caroline H. Married on 06/12/2021

Awesome Photographer!

Gary's a really great guy! He's extremely responsive and communicated with us before, during and after our engagement session. This was our first professional photoshoot together and the pictures were beautiful! I love the light and natural editing. Not to mention he surprised us with our photos ahead of the timeframe originally given. We can't wait to have him at our wedding next summer!
  • O
    Olivia B. Married on 05/30/2021

Authentic and creative

I almost cried when I saw our engagement photos, I couldn’t believe how good the photos looked and how happy and natural we looked in them. Gary is super chill and puts you right at ease. He offers lots of ideas and helpful direction during photo shoots, but he’s also very open-minded about trying your ideas too. Overall he’s a pleasant and professional person to work with, and you will love your photos.
    Ashton F. Married on 05/21/2021

AMAZING photographer!!

Gary was so professional and easy to work with. He made us feel comfortable throughout the entire shoot! He’s very knowledgeable about what shots to get and what poses to use. He also helped us so much before the photo shoot with picking locations and giving tips and advice. He’s very responsive! Our engagement pictures turned out absolutely beautiful!
    Keli Married on 02/22/2020

Highly Recommend!

Gary was the absolute perfect addition to our wedding day!! From our first call with him, my husband and I knew he was the right choice. His personality and work ethic are only surpassed by the incredible photos he takes. My husband has never been a huge fan of getting his photo taken but Gary was so easy to work with that he was able to bring our personality out and capture it on film. Our engagement shoot was our first time meeting him in person and right away we knew he cared just as much as we did about getting these special photos right. That carried through the last moments of our wedding and he has continued to impress us even just seeing the sneak peeks!! We hope to work with him again for other life events and I highly recommend him to any bride looking for a photographer that they can fully trust.
  • Dan
    Dan P. Married on 11/30/2019

Best Photographer

We chose the best photographer on our wedding day! His pictures are stunning! He did our engagement pictures as well and they were gorgeous and got us even more excited for the wedding. Gary is very professional and responsive. He made sure we were the right fit from the beginning. He made us feel at ease. But in addition to his talent, he also brings his great personality to your wedding day. He was fun to spend time with all day and I really appreciate how he went above and beyond to make my wedding day great! Could not ask for a better wedding photographer!
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany C. Married on 11/17/2019

Look no further - hire Gary as your wedding photographer!

I highly recommend Gary as a wedding photographer!! Out of all the vendors I worked with for my wedding, Gary was the most proactive and communicative and he goes the extra mile to deliver high quality photos for you. I live in San Francisco and got married in Atlanta, so having that extra communication was extremely helpful for an anxious person like me that was planning from afar.

During our engagement sessions, my husband and I weren't sure of how to pose so Gary helped us figure out poses that looked natural and turned out well! Despite being rained on, having ants crawl into our shoes, and strong winds, Gary made it work and still got great shots. Gary also gave us a lot of extra photos than he usually does for both our wedding and the engagement photos, which was a pleasant surprise for us! I was in love with so many of our photos from our wedding both from candid and non-candid shots - the pictures turned out really clear and bright despite it being a cloudy day. He's also sending us a few courtesy print out photos, which I can't wait to receive.

You get a really great bang for your buck with Gary and I'm recommending him to my friends who are getting married in Atlanta.
  • Meghan
    Meghan R. Married on 09/21/2019

Gary is an excellent photographer!

Gary Lun is an excellent photographer. My husband is a photographer himself - and as you might guess from a fellow professional - very picky about other photographers that he likes. Gary was on a short list of just 3 wedding photographers that my husband liked their portfolios.

Working with Gary was great - before, during, and after! He told us up front what to expect, gave us some "homework" which helped him ensure that he got the shots we wanted. Gary is a kind, easy going man - which made it easy to work with him the day of the wedding. Post wedding, Gary posted "preview" photos on Facebook - and finished processing the rest of the photos by his stated delivery date.

My husband and I were thrilled at the quality of photos that we got on our wedding day. Gary is worth every penny!

Bonus tip: make sure you like Gary's Facebook page - that's where he posted our wedding preview photos!
  • Prabhu
    Prabhu K. Married on 08/17/2019

One of the best decisions we made on our big day.

He is Friendly, Professional and a nice guy who knows what he is doing. He listens, advise and enhance your ideas. Shows up early and even willing to stay a little longer. You may get exhausted but Gary won't.
    Sherry Married on 07/13/2019

Best wedding photographer ever

I am writing this review so late (my wedding was in July 2019), but we absolutely loved Gary! From our initial call we knew he was the one. Gary was so incredibly sweet and thoughtful and had such a calming presence on the big day. My day started out terribly because my hair and makeup stylists were late so I wasn't able to get cute pj pictures with my girls all ready and get some of the group pictures out of the way, but that didn't phase Gary. He told me it was going to be ok and proceeded to take what ended up to be some of my most favorite pictures. His attention to detail is amazing and his creativity is astounding. Him and his assistant were better than we had ever dreamed of and more. I would recommend him to absolutely anyone! He will not only be a great photographer for your special day, but he will also be a great friend to have there.
    Tricia M. Married on 07/06/2019

best wedding photographer around!

Working with Gary was an absolutely wonderful experience! He’s incredibly knowledgeable with his art and very creative. He’s very kind and was happy to take any ideas. I wanted a sparkler exit picture but couldn’t have them at our venue, he made sure my dream came true on our wedding day by just walking Across the street, I couldn’t have asked for a better photographer. Without a doubt for any other events or photography needs Gary will always be our first choice.
  • Rachel
    Rachel L. Married on 05/25/2019

Exceeded my expectations

Gary is amazing! He’s super talented and easy to work with. One of our best wedding decisions was choosing Gary as our photographer. If you are looking for artistic and fabulous wedding photos to capture your special moments then Gary is absolutely the right person. Let the pictures speak themselves.
    Leslie D. Married on 01/19/2019

Awesome - could not have asked for a better experience!

We were searching for a photographer for our wedding. We tried many websites but were not sure about what we wanted. I came across Gary Lun’s website after searching for a photographer in Johns Creek, GA. We made a phone call and met with him. We knew he was our photographer immediately. He lives in our area, was very familiar with our venue and reasonably priced. Our wedding guests even made comments about the number of photos he took at the wedding and reception. He delivered our photos to us two weeks earlier than expected and we were more than happy with our photos. Thanks for everything Gary!
    Rushy Married on 05/27/2018
    The moment we saw Gary's portfolio, it was an easy pick for us and we are very glad we went with him! From the very first video call till the day of the event, Gary was absolutely wonderful to work with. He was professional and made the entire process easy. He listened and worked with us to capture exactly the type of photos we wanted. The final product exceeded our expectations. We highly recommend Gary!
    Rose W. Married on 04/28/2018

Amazing experience!

I really loved working with Gary! First impressions are everything and Gary left a very favorable first impression.

He was referred to me by a photographer that I originally wanted to hire but was not available during my wedding date.

Gary responded to my email almost immediately. We set up a Skype session where we chatted face-to-face and got to know each other a little better. So the reasons why I chose him:

1) He's a good listener and pays attention
    2) He offered options to "earn" my business, despite the fact that I was on a tight budget
    3) He has a passion for photography and telling the story
    4) He wasn't "obnoxious" as my pastor would say.
    5) He spoke Chinese and English. I could see him building a good working relationship with my family members, taking a lot of the stress off of me as the bride
    6) He understood the challenges of having a fiancee who didn't like to be photographed, and tried to work around it. I was impressed at how many good candid photos he got of my groom.
    7) Very reasonably priced printed albums. I didn't decide to purchase the album until just before the wedding. I don't regret that decision one bit. Gary's editorial style is evident in how he helped me narrow down the photos. I wanted to include more photos than the album could allow and ultimately I just said "Gary, these are the ones I like, feel free to edit."

A few other thoughts worth noting: Our wedding was small, and we didn't have a lot of special moments to capture (e.g. bouquet toss, first dance, garter toss), so in some ways, I felt bad for Gary, because he didn't have a lot of material to work with. In hindsight, I should have been a little more careful in picking a wedding venue that had better angels for him to work with (e.g. church located across the street from the US post office, resulting in the US post office in the background). So I certainly learned that the photographs are only as beautiful as the surroundings you choose, and it's enhanced by the photographer who shoots the wedding. I was never really a bridezilla, so for those of you who are more like me (i.e. don't always have a clear vision of what you want), look online and find types of photos you do want. This will help your photographer (no matter who you choose) to capture certain angles/poses. My one regret was not specifying having a full body shot of my wedding dress with the train fluffed out.

So fast forward a few months... I got my wedding album (yay!) and we are reliving our wedding day, all thanks to Gary. My self-proclaimed "non-photogenic" husband loves the photos and really had nothing but kind words regarding Gary and his work. Even my hard to please Chinese mom loved Gary (and a happy mom made for a happy bride)! Thanks Gary for sharing and capturing our special day! :)
  • I
    Itoro Married on 04/21/2018
    It has been such an amazing experience to work with Gary. His photography skills are incredible and he has such a kind and easy going personality. He is definitely committed to creating a comfortable environment and providing you with beautiful pictures that hold a lifetime of memories. We are so glad to have him as our photographer!
    Thaddaeus Married on 04/06/2018
    Choosing Gary Lun Photography for our wedding was one of the best decisions that I made during this planning process! I reached out to Gary based on his reviews and his amazing photos. And I am so glad that I did. Not only are Gary’s photos simply breathtaking but he is committed to the best possible client/photographer relationship. He knows the importance of fostering a trusting environment between the two and how it positively impacts capturing those precious moments. During a day, like your wedding, where things can get hectic, it was so reassuring to have Gary’s calm yet joyful presence. I didn’t have a single doubt that he would capture our day beautifully and after viewing the photos, I was right. They are simply incredible and we couldn’t be any happier with the results!
    Lisa Married on 03/03/2018
    I am so happy we chose Gary Lun photography for our wedding. From our first consultation over FaceTime we knew it was the right decision. Gary was so professional from the beginning of the process until our wedding day and always timely with communication. On the day of the wedding, he and his second photographer Renee showed up way earlier than expected to start photos. Seriously, who does that?! I was so appreciative! The entire wedding party was amazed at how efficient he was. On top of his professionalism, he has such a warm and welcoming personality and truly was just a pleasure to work with. The photos I’ve seen so far are beautiful and I’m excited to see them all. Thanks again Gary!!!
    Alice Married on 12/04/2017
    Gary is not only a great photographer, he's also an incredibly sweet person to know. Our engagement session was such a great aDveNtuRe. We took Gary to a new park that he was not familiar with and let's just say that we all had a BLAST exploring it. He was so open to new ideas and could really understand what I had in mind. He took his time with us, was honest and had his lovely wife to help with the setting (she's awesome!) which helped to have a women around to rearrange my hair or share stories with. It really helped make the whole time really go by painlessly. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer to show how excited we are of our engagement.