Garvan Woodland Gardens Reviews

16 | Hot Springs National Park, AR

16 Reviews for Garvan Woodland Gardens

Ariana · Married on 11/05/2016

If you want the Cinderella fairy tale wedding, I recommend The Anthony Chapel at Garvan Gardens. I could have not pictured my wedding to be as beautiful as it was. They also help you during the rehearsal that's included. I knew nothing about weddings and they walked all of us (including parents and bridal party) through the steps. It was fantastic!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Donna · Married on 06/14/2015

We had our wedding at the Anthony Chapel and it was like something out of a fairy tale! It is so beautiful and so many of our guests said they had never been to a more beautiful venue. It is a lot more expensive than most chapels you could rent but it is worth every penny! Lynn Harris was my contact person there and she went above and beyond helping me with every question and need that I had. The only tricky thing here is that there is not enough time filtered into your rental for photos, dressing, putting personal items into the chapel before the ceremony. I ended up having to pay extra to get more time but there was no way I could have done it without the extra time. Also, book early!! I booked one year out and the first three dates I picked were filled already. I ended up having it on a Sunday afternoon and that ended up being perfect because they only have one wedding a day on Sundays. I had to have my reception somewhere else because the only indoor facility they have was too small for my guests and it was June so I had to have an indoor facility. Overall, I do not have a single regret about having my destination wedding here! It was a magical and perfect day!

Sent on 07/10/2015

Tavikka · Married on 11/01/2014

This venue is a little pricey but overall it was a stunning a beautiful place to get married. Be sure to reserve it WAY in advance because dates fill up quick.

Sent on 04/10/2015

Keely · Married on 01/02/2009

Garvan Woodland Gardens is a BEAUTIFUL venue. We were so pleased and continue even to this day to get remarks on how much people loved our wedding location. This was even in the middle of winter! They were very helpful and flexible and willing to work with us to try to make everything go as smoothly as we could hope for!

Sent on 04/19/2009

We fell in love with this venue and knew from the moment we arrived that it was the place we wanted to be married.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Hollie · Married on 03/18/2016

The gardens bloomed a few days before the wedding which led to spectacular photos. Having a beautiful ceremony location was our number one priority since photos are what you will have for forever and Garvan Gardens did not disappoint. The staff were very friendly, accommodating, and helpful. The ceremony ran seamlessly under their direction and the music sounded amazing. Amazing venue!

Sent on 04/18/2016
  • Sydney

Sydney · Married on 05/29/2015

Garvan Gardens is an absolutely beautiful place to get married. So much so, that it became the cornerstone of our wedding, even inspiring us to get married out of state! The team there is extremely experienced and helpful considering how many weddings they host on any given weekend. If you're dead-set on a weekend wedding--book early! Even a year out, when we booked the Friday we wanted, the following Saturday was already booked full! The cost can seem steep on the front end, but considering how much it will reduce your decor and floral bills, well worth the price tag. Hot Springs itself is a fun little town which will keep your guests occupied for the duration of your pre & post wedding craziness. Incredible venue in an incredible part of the country, would happily recommend to anyone who loves nature and natural beauty.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Kelsey · Married on 09/01/2013

We had our ceremony at Anthony Chapel at Garvan Woodland Gardens. It was a fairy tale setting as the chapel is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! We had so many guests tell us how gorgeous the chapel was and that they truly felt like they were witnessing something out of a movie or a fairy tale. Susie Burch was our main contact person and she was very helpful in my planning and was always willing to answer my questions. She also made sure we had everything we needed as far as having stands to place flowers on, candelabras, and golf carts to transport our elderly guests to and from their vehicles. I would definitely recommend using this site for your wedding!

Sent on 10/19/2013

Lupe · Married on 07/01/2016

3.0

Absolutely loved the venue. We had some complaints with some workers but other than that everyone was very helpful. We were very pleased with Audrey throughout the months of planning. Any questions we had she was always willing to help. Garvan Gardens was beautiful and everyone that went to our wedding loved the scenery. Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Michelle · Married on 05/12/2007

3.5

Book a year ahead! Be sure to read the fine print on what type of decor can be used and what you will be charged for placing inside the chapel.

Sent on 12/28/2007
  • Chris and Randa

Randa · Married on 07/12/2009

3.0

The Anthony Chapel at the Garden's is a beautiful place for a wedding if you always wanted a glass chapel. The staff was very responsive to any requests. However, please keep in mind that there are very limited windows of time which will not be extended under any circumstances. Therefore, plan your wedding activities accordingly. If you want reception to be long, consider having it elsewhere. My wedding had approximately 160 guests and we reserved the Magnolia Room onsite so we didn't have to contend with transporting everyone. It only accommodates up to 100 people at any given time. So, I knew it would be tight and people would have to cycle in and out (totally feasible due to the beautiful gardens). Nevertheless, the limited time made people leave real early and I didn't get the chance to even talk to many of the guests.

Overall, absolutely wonderful wedding venue but reception facilities need to be expanded.

Sent on 07/21/2009
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/18/2019

1.0

Gorgeous venue

The staff was very professional and super prepared. The venue is just gorgeous, period. They are very strict with their rules, but it’s because they need to be, so more of us can have our weddings there! You definitely have to get out on time lol

Sent on 06/11/2019

Cara · Married on 05/05/2007

3.5

They were a little hard to get a hold of at first. But in their defense, I was planning an entire wedding in just 1 month. The venue is absolutely GORGEOUS! All we had to do was bring 2 ferns for inside the chapel and a few flower arrangements for the reception tables and everything was perfect. So easy and beautiful!!!

Sent on 11/29/2007

Loree · Married on 11/08/2008

3.5

The garden is very beautiful! The chapel is so awesome, too! Some rules and regs you must follow. And there is not a large place at the gardens for a reception inside. Get in line early!

Sent on 11/20/2008

0.0

The chapel and the grounds are absolutely stunning. However, I do believe they overbook the venue which causes them to have no flexibility for the event time or rehearsal.

Sent on 01/04/2014

Ailsa · Married on 06/16/2018

3.2
      2.5
      3.5

When we began we did not feel that we were being treated fairly. Phones calls would go unanswered for days in not weeks, emails sometimes got replies and when we showed up for a meeting to view the grounds and review the contract the lady we were to meet was a no call no show. As time went on it got better, for the rehearsal and day of it was fantastic though. I have recommended this venue because it was worth it but have given a name to who not to deal with just because of what we have gone through. This was just for use of the Anthony Chapel for a ceremony.

Sent on 06/23/2018