Galveston Island Palms Outdoor Events & Parties Reviews

20 | Galveston, TX

20 Reviews for Galveston Island Palms Outdoor Events & Parties

• Angela

Angela K. · Married on 08/08/2020

Who needs an expensive wedding planner when you book with Kelly and team?!!!

Was thinking about spending a lot of money for a private wedding planner for my daughter’s Aug 8th wedding, but we booked with Kelly and I have to say… Don’t spend another dime… Kelly and team were so efficient, accommodating, caring, professional and super over the top intuitive… It’s like they read minds and made any adjustments needed just by being observant! They made an extremely normally stressful (but happy) day turn into a wedding to remember! I’ve never been to a more coordinated wedding! Thank you Kelly and Team for everything! We will spread the word of your excellence!! COVID SHMOVID! YOU pulled it off without a hitch! Xoxo Angela

Sent on 09/29/2020

Angela!!
    What a joy to know you and your Mom and your daughter! It was certainly a pleasure. Thank you for being wonderful to work with and going with the flow! Keep in touch!
  • Cristal

Cristal A. · Married on 02/29/2020

Perfect Outdoor Venue

Kelly is very quick to respond and helped with the day tremendously. She has done this for a while so she knows what is needed and she really does "fill in where you forget" She was super flexible with us and went beyond her way to make sure things were they way we wanted them.

The place is gorgeous and the staff was great. This is such a hidden gem in Galveston.

Sent on 03/11/2020

Susan B. · Married on 03/09/2019

Beautiful outdoor venue, with a gem of an owner/ coordinator

Kelly is an absolute gem. She was flexible with our requests, helped us plan the reception and floor plan, and was always cheerful and welcoming. When we forgot to order food for the kids, she sent an employee to gracefully take care of the problem before anyone noticed. She unobtrusively checked on me and my fiancé several times throughout the night, and even remembered to pack us extra food when we left, knowing that the bride and groom rarely get to eat at their own wedding reception. She is experienced, thoughtful, and extremely willing to work with you. She is able to read how much you need her involvement and contact. Our reception was absolutely beautiful, and working with Kelly made it that much more enjoyable and lower stress.

The venue itself was lovely. We had a ton of guests and this venue was more affordable than most others, and also ended up being the romantic, twinkly-lighted outdoor venue I'd dreamt of. Kelly took care of hiring a bounce house for the many kids at our reception, booking port-a-jons since we had a lot of guests and the venue has one bathroom, and she set up a firepit as well so our guests could have s'mores. She can provide linens if need be, which is great when you have a DIY reception. I cannot recommend her highly enough. When you are planning your own reception, you need a go-to person who can make executive decisions and who can also execute your vision. You need someone who is kind but gets the job done. Kelly is all of those things.

Sent on 03/18/2019
  • Tashia

Tashia · Married on 10/27/2018

An absolute dream come true!

Oh my goodness! I could go on for days about Miss Kelly and her team at GIP. They truly made our day PERFECT! We had the good fortune of stumbling upon Galveston Island Palms less than 4 months from our wedding date, after having a falling out with our previous venue. After signing on with Miss Kelly and her crew, it felt like the rest of the wedding just fell into place. We were able to use all the vendors we had already booked, and anything I was still missing, Kelly helped me find, or supplied herself. She made everything so easy and kept in great contact all the way up to the day. She was quick to respond to any questions I had and even made a great impression on my planner. We couldn't have dreamed of an easier, or more beautiful wedding, and we truly believe a large part of making that happen was Galveston Island Palms. It just wouldn't have been the same day without them!

Thank you, again, Miss Kelly! We sincerely appreciate all your hard work for us! You really made it happen!!!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Galveston Island Palms Outdoor Events & Parties's reply:

Tashia, What an amazing day! You and Brian are really meant for each other... Please keep in touch!

Mariah · Married on 10/20/2018

Above expectations

Kelly went above and beyond!! Living out of state and using her for our wedding venue, everything went so smoothly and it was an absolutely perfect night! Just perfection!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Galveston Island Palms Outdoor Events & Parties's reply:

Thank you Mariah! You and Logan were great to work with! I wish you many happy anniversaries! Come back and celebrate them on the beach!

Mary · Married on 04/09/2016

All I can say is WOW! Kelly was for sure my favorite vendor I worked with during the process of planning my rehearsal dinner. My husband and I decided that we wanted to host everyone who was invited to our wedding for our rehearsal dinner so we were looking for a space that would accommodate about 120 people while at the same time, not having to pay an arm and a leg. Galveston Island Palms fit the bill. Kelly worked with us on price (we got a little cheaper rate since it was a Friday event and we only needed the venue for half a day, rather than a full day) and the venue provides tables, buffet tables, bar, and a place where you can plug in your iPhone for music. There is also a big lawn where we put lawn games which people really enjoyed. Kelly was more than accommodating with the other vendors we hired as well as making sure that everything looked good! She stayed around the whole night just in case we needed anything. I can't stress enough what a pleasure it was to host our event there. If we ever want to have a big party again, we will definitely go there!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Amanda · Married on 06/26/2015

I got married at Galveston island palms in June and was very impressed with the service we received. This venue is more of a DIY kinda place, which I loved. I had the opportunity to use the beautiful space but make it my very own! The owner Kelly is super sweet, helpful, and professional. You can tell she truly has a passion for what she does and that is important. I love that the rules are simple and easy to follow. Other places I checked had so many rules and regulations. The only suggestion I have is avoiding a super hot month. Once the sun goes down it cools off but it's brutal when it's out. Our guests made the most of it and I didn't hear many complaints about the heat, I mean it is Texas! Hahahaha.

Sent on 07/16/2015

Adriana · Married on 10/18/2014

This venue had everything my fiancé and I had been looking for! Kelly was a God send and helped us find affordable vendors in the area! Our wedding exceeded all of our expectations! Kelly goes out of her way to make sure the bride gets what she wants!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/04/2014

Kelly went above and beyond what I expected, the venue is beautiful. They were doing construction the week of the wedding and her hard working husband had everything done before the reception. She answered every question I had and even helped with contacting my ceremony people when I couldn't. She provided tables, chairs, linens and her entertainment system (you provide your music). Our reception was perfect I would do it all over again with her hands down.

Sent on 04/09/2015

Jesse · Married on 09/20/2014

Kelly was very helpful and provided a beautiful location for our event. She helped setup and cleanup when we were shorthanded, even though she didn't have to. I really appreciate the way she helped enhance our wedding. I would recommend this location to anyone looking to get married in Galveston.

Sent on 04/16/2015

Adriana · Married on 08/30/2014

My family and I loved the beautiful venue, and Kelly and her services were everything you could have hoped for. She makes you feel at ease and helps you through every step. She takes pride in her business, yet treats you like a friend. Major kudos to her!

Mary · Married on 08/09/2014

Fantastic place and Kelly is awesome! she worked with us through many triumphs and unexpected events and still did everything she could to make it work! I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would actually rent her place again just to have a big party if it ever came up.

Sent on 04/20/2015

Leticia · Married on 07/26/2014

She was amazing! Always there to help with anything we needed and things we didn't know we did! It was my dream wedding!

Sent on 04/07/2015
  • F

Frank · Married on 07/26/2014

It was an amazing experience working with Kelly Escamilla!

Sent on 04/07/2015

Rene · Married on 07/12/2014

We found Galveston Island Palms when my daughter was planning her wedding in 2014. We wanted an outdoor venue, but with the Wedding being in July we were very limited because of the heat! This venue was absolutely beautiful after all the decorations were put out. They had just finished the beautiful bar, and had misting around the venue to keep things cooled down. Kelly and her staff were AMAZING! I mean really really helpful in whatever we needed. (i.e. I had a hair disaster the day before the wedding and she set me up with a stylist on the island that worked me in at 7am to fix it for the wedding!! All without notice!) We honestly had to do very little the day of the wedding other than put out our table decorations. They owned it after that which was awesome because we got to enjoy the wedding instead of having to deal with all the details like "we're out of this... or that..." At one point we were out of Cranberry and OJ for the mimosa bar and she sent her guy to the store! Also provided us plates when our plates were left at our beach house 20miles away! She gave us any opportunity we needed to see the venue, practice, whatever she could do. She also recommended a local restaurant for the food that was also incredible and she handled every detail of the buffet. Setup, break down, clean up etc.

I would HIGHLY recommend Kelly and Galveston Outdoor Palms for any of your events. Five Star Service -- Budget friendly price!!~

Rene' Gaytan
    Madison & Josh Solomon Wedding

Ryan · Married on 05/10/2014

Best venue in Galveston to have a wedding (or any event for that matter)! In addition to being a beautiful location, the staff is incomparably dedicated to their events. You will get a personal touch with your experience here right from the start. Words cannot express how much value Galveston Island Palms can add to your occasion.

Sent on 04/25/2015

Donna · Married on 11/16/2013

What a pleasure it was to work w/ Kelly. She was helpful every step of the way and really helped me make our wedding beautiful and successful!

Tanya · Married on 06/29/2013

The venue was beautiful, clean, well kept and the staff was amazing. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone for Any special event.

Terri · Married on 03/31/2012

We would highly recommend this awesome place for special events. Kelly is amazing and makes sure your event is perfect.

Sent on 04/04/2012

Roderick · Married on 09/01/2013

This was a great place for me and my wife. The owner was very friendly and helpful. She even gave us an extension on getting our down payment in to her.

I would recommend this place to ANYONE looking for a nice small intimate place to have a outdoor wedding or reception.

Sent on 04/17/2015