12 Reviews for Gallant Ho Photography

9 Gallant Ho Photography Reviews

1.2

I really wanted it to work out with Gallant but this guy really screwed us over. On our first meeting we discussed extensively about everything we wanted for our engagement and wedding photos which included wanting high resolution pictures to print onto canvases.

After we signed the contract and paid the deposit, 1 week before our engagement shoot Gallant tells us high resolution images will add 53% to our final bill. wtf? That was way out of our budget and we wouldn't have signed with him if he told us that. He gave us another option to buy a single canvas from him for $600. I have shopped around for canvases and nobody charges even half that.

I asked what resolution images would he provide and he said 600x900! Look that up. That's a 2x3 inch image, a wallet sized picture. If you want frame any pictures then you need to buy high res images from him for a hefty fee.

After emailing back and forth with Gallant I realized he was blatantly and without any shame trying to take advantage of me. As soon as I told my fiance what he was saying, her first question was, "Why is he trying to screw us over?" We liked Gallant when we met and it made me sick to my stomach that Gallant disappointed her so much.

Fortunately, another photographer with many more years of experience and a much larger and impressive portfolio sympathized with us and cut us a really great deal. It ended up being cheaper letting Gallant keep the deposit and paying another photographer who brought a 2nd photographer with him to our wedding. I feel so stupid ever giving him money when there are so many better photographers out there that run an honest business.

RE: Gallant: Send the entire email if someone asks you for it. Your prices for engagement and wedding photos are below average - a really great deal. You charge 200% - 500% more than average for services after contract is signed. Did you think we wanted to print a 2"x3" image onto a canvas??

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User5521610, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Gallant is an awarding-winning photographer. He was also very helpful. He spent so much time with us to pick the best photo spots before our wedding day. We appreciate so much about everything he did. He was a really fun guy. We immediately established so much rapport with him the first time we met. On the wedding day we also had a blast with him. He helped to keep the atmosphere fun and awesome.
We have just received his photos. Needless to say, they are AWESOME!

Profile Picture Fredrick, 5/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We have just received his photos. Needless to say, they are AWESOME!

Profile Picture Fredrick, 5/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Gallant is an amazing photographer! his fine art photography style is what really set him apart from other photographers. Not only does he have great work, his down to earth personality and professional work ethics made us to hire him to capture our memories for the big day. He always goes above and beyond making sure we are happy with the outcome. His funny personality put us at ease when photographing as we are no models standing in front of camera for sure! Our engagement session turned out great but our wedding photos turned out even better! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Ilei, 2/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

First of all I just want to say that Gallant is an amazing photographer. I first discovered him at a bridal show in Pasadena in Fall 2013. My husband and I were looking for a photographer that could capture our cinematic theme and as soon as I saw Gallant's work on display, I immediately got excited because I knew he was the one for us. I called him that very night and set up an appointment. My husband and I met with Gallant and instantly we made a connection. We had an awesome engagement session and shot at locations all over LA County. Our engagement photos were magnificent. Gallant has such a unique editing style that will really make your photos stand out. Gallant took our breath away with our wedding day photos! His signature edits were outstanding. We got royal treatment from Gallant. His positive spirit, affordable prices, and impeccable work ethic truly make him a phenomenal photographer. We are so happy Gallant made our engagement and wedding experience wonderfully unforgettable. Every Bride dreams of a photographer like Gallant and mine actually came true.

Profile Picture Juresha, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Gallant did our engagement photos and they came out absolutely beautiful. His way of photography is very unique and unforgettable. He's so easy to talk to and so flexible. Made us feel really comfortable and relaxed. We used his photo for the entrance at our wedding and everybody loved it. He is a very talented photographer and I would definitely recommend him to every body. Thank you Gallant!!

Profile Picture Maryann, 6/21/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Thank you Gallant Ho Photography for capturing all the beautiful precious moments!! His team was punctual and professional. He visited the locations of our wedding so he is aware of exactly what he was working with. He also offered to take some pictures of us while we were there.

Profile Picture Shelly, 9/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It's been a great experience with Gallant Ho Photography it is one of those you cannot miss! The photographer, Gallent Ho is very professional and offers honest opinions. He is friendly and approachable, so you never have to worry about having a boring day with the photographer!

Profile Picture Irene, 9/8/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Gallant Ho is a professional and I think he did a good job on my wedding day, my hubby and I love all the photos. Of course, I will referral him to my friends for the photo shoot!

Profile Picture Fannie, 5/5/12, 1 Review