Gale Mansion Reviews

46 Reviews for Gale Mansion

46 Gale Mansion Reviews

Alexa · Married on 08/18/2018

Gale Mansion

When we were looking for a wedding/reception venue, all anyone would do was give us a laundry list of things to buy and encourage us to spend beyond our means. Not so at the Gale Mansion. Jessie went above and beyond to not only fit our budget, but also to make the whole process as stress-free as a wedding can possibly be.

Jessie never disappointed in the planning stages of the wedding. She kept us on track with a thoughtful amount of check-ins (not constant, but not infrequent), and made every meeting a delightful experience. The tasting was amazing, and the chef was extremely willing to adapt the dishes based on our requests. Additionally, when we submitted the dietary restriction for our guests, every need was met without compromising the quality of the food.

The wedding itself was perfect--I didn't have to worry about a thing. Jessie made sure that I was on a predetermined schedule, and she walked us through everything seamlessly. Since we had fewer than 100 guests, we had the wedding upstairs and the reception downstairs. There was even a nice elevator for guests with mobility concerns.

Did I mention the venue was absolutely stunning? The candles at night looked magical in the elegant mansion. The furniture was ornate, and the ceilings were beautiful. That being said, the venue felt surprisingly home-y.

I have absolutely no regrets--my wedding was marvelous at the Gale Mansion.

Cheryl and Jim · Married on 06/10/2017

As the Bride's parents and wedding hosts we were really pleased with the lovely rooms, service, food, bar and expert coordination by Jessie Kelly.

Carissa · Married on 05/20/2017

We held my daughter's wedding at Gale. Jessie and the entire staff were absolutely wonderful. Jessie made sure everything was ready and in place. She went above and beyond to make the day great and relaxing. The food was delicious and everyone had a blast. Since almost everything is included at Gale, it was actually a good value too! We even had guests that asked for info on Gale so they can have their wedding there! We would book an event there again in a heartbeat!

Shelby · Married on 02/11/2017

The Gale Mansion has an amazing team. They took care of everything with speed and thoughtfulness. We were in great hands throughout the entire planning process, and especially on our wedding day. The food was fabulous, the space was amazing, the planning was stress free --- we felt well taken care of and special from day one. We can't imagine a better team, big hugs to Jessie, or a more beautiful place to get married.

Victor · Married on 11/05/2016

Working with Gale was great! They were on the ball with all the details, despite a change in staff shortly before our wedding. Absolutely the best value for renting a historic house in the Twin Cities. The on-site catering and on-site baker were a huge plus.

• User6419740 · 2+ years ago

Our October 2015 wedding day was the best day of our lives! The whole planning process, rehearsal and wedding day went as smoothly as I could have ever hoped. I didn’t have to worry about a single thing on the day itself—except for not tripping down the aisle, of course! Amy and Amy Beth were very quick to respond to any questions we had and helped us plan our day every step of the way—in 3 months, no less! The short timeline was no issue at all. The Mansion is GORGEOUS, the food was wonderful and the staff was great. If you love "Old World Charm", and you are looking for more of an all-inclusive experience, Gale Mansion would be a great option for you.

The Gale Mansion was absolutely perfect for my daughter's ceremony and reception. The building itself is elegant and stately, and was just the right size for 150-160 guests. It was a joy to work with Amy and Amy Beth: both are extremely helpful, responsive and professional, and the entire planning process could not have been more enjoyable. This is especially impressive because the bride and groom live in Chicago. The setting for the outdoor ceremony was lovely, and the transitions to reception/cocktail hour on the first floor, then dinner and dancing in the ballroom were exceptionally smooth. Guests had many compliments on the decor, food, and beverages, and the caterer and baker did a great job of accomodating our gluten-free requests. We're very grateful that the ceremony, reception and dinner were all handled by Gale Mansion staff, which greatly simplified our decision-making and enabled us to relax and enjoy the celebration. I heartily recommend the Gale Mansion as a wedding venue.

Jennifer · Married on 07/25/2015

My husband and I could not have found a better venue for our wedding. Amy Beth and Amy Leh worked with us to create a wedding package that fit our budget and our personalities. The staff were friendly and professional, the food was phenomenal, and the atmosphere was perfect. You will be hard pressed to find a venue like this.

The Gale was an amazing location for our ceremony and reception. These ladies know what they are doing. The food is fabulous and I would not have changed a thing. They walk you through everything and catered to our needs as we were from out of state. We were able to come in for the scheduling and tasting in one day and knock everything out. I did not worry once because they had everything covered and made sure everything went seamlessly. Love love love the Gale Mansion!

Jen · Married on 05/09/2015

Picking our venue was one of the hardest decisions we had to make for our wedding but picking the Gale Mansion was by far one of the BEST decisions we made. Amy and Amy, the 2 fantastic women who run the show there, made our wedding absolutely flawless. They made us feel so comfortable about our wedding day, carefully walking us through the day and making sure to take care of every single little detail (like taking care of our gifts, feeding all of the kids early so there were no meltdowns, getting a sewing kit for my dad after his pants split, etc). The staff and servers were so respectful, kind, attentive and overall amazing. I have heard horror stories of family members having to stay for hours after a wedding ends to clean up and take care of leftover items at the wedding venue but the staff at the Gale Mansion did basically all of this for us so everyone could enjoy themselves. If you want a beautiful, hassle free, and amazing venue I HIGHLY recommend the Gale Mansion.

Jeff · Married on 11/15/2014

Amy and Amy were fantastic! They were repsponsive, attentive and wonderfully organized our decor and made the day awesome! Our guests raved about the venue and the food!

Sarah · Married on 09/06/2014

We couldn't have asked for a more unique, perfect venue for our wedding. Amy and Amy were so easy to work with, and our special day went off without a hitch. Their staff did a phenomenal job, and I was confident that they would which left me to enjoy my wedding without worrying about the details. We had so many compliments from attendees after the wedding about how much fun they had and how much they loved the venue.

Jessica · Married on 06/27/2014

The Gale Mansion is truly an amazing place to have a wedding! I can't express in words how thankful I was to Amy & Amy in charge of my special day! The staff at the mansion was also amazing from the food to the wait staff. The professionalism and personal time they gave me went above and beyond. I had my wedding inside upstairs and then my reception downstairs in the ballroom. The space was intimate, yet plenty of room for my guests and loved having the rooms upstairs to get ready in. I feel truly blessed that I picked the Gale Mansion. My guest list was around 100 and it was perfection at this venue. Thank you to the Gale Mansion and their fabulous staff!!!

L. · Married on 06/22/2014

I highly recommend this venue not only for the beautiful setting but for the outstanding food and amazing staff. The event manager Amy L. Was awesome! When we had a question or concern she handled it immediately. We had a morning wedding with a breakfast buffet that turned over to a lunch buffet later in the day. This was their first breakfast buffet they had done and you would have never known it. It was fantastic and so was lunch. The venue was a perfect backdrop for a wedding it was gorgious

Alexis · Married on 11/02/2013

We highly recommend that you choose The Gale Mansion for your wedding or special event. Gale Mansion staff, Amy and Amy Beth, were a delight to work with. They were so helpful in making the mansion our home for our wedding. The beautiful and relaxed environment was perfect was the right tone for our guests, who marveled at the many rooms. The food was phenomenal as was the wedding cake and cupcakes. Like us, so many of our guests praised the food. The mansion staff and valet parking were friendly and accommodating. It was a mystical, magical day and evening at the mansion. It was so perfect we want to get married there again!

Melissa · Married on 10/26/2013

We held our wedding reception at the Gale Mansion in October 2013 and are amazed at how happy we are with our entire experience. From the moment we toured the Gale Mansion we knew it was a perfect fit; the gorgeous vintage (but never stuffy) interiors and detailing, cozy atmosphere, unique dinnerware, and the friendly and informative staff who were genuinely interested in tailoring our day to make it perfect. The price was right in our budget, and the planners there were so thoughtful about making sure we felt comfortable with the cost of our event. They did not snark when we decided to remove a few elements for cost saving efforts, and were happy to tailor some extra special details just for us.

My now-husband and I wanted an event that had a cozy, Minnesota feel and the team at the Gale created a delicious menu (complete with pie pops in the shape of Minnesota, s'mores desserts, and locally brewed beers) that exceeded our expectations. Our food was delicious, the staff decorated the entire event to our specifications perfectly, and they packed everything up carefully so it was ready to go at the end of the night. Honestly, the level of service could have easily cost twice as much as it does at the Gale. Just the fact that they packed up all the décor for us at the end of the night made it worth it! I can't imagine having to deal with that the day after getting married, as many places require you to take care of your own décor clean up.

Overall we are extremely satisfied with our experience with the Gale Mansion. From the moment we started planning, Amy and her team were exceptionally informative, organized, friendly, and genuinely happy to be a part of our event and gave sincere and honest advice. The Gale Mansion is such a unique venue that it would surely make any wedding or reception stand out. And the price was just right; the bar bill received after the wedding didn't even scare us too much!

Erica · Married on 10/19/2013

The staff at the Gale mansion were friendly and accommodating. They made my event incredible.

The Gale Mansion was wonderful. It is a perfect venue for a vintage style wedding and the staff is extremely accommodating and flexible. Our wedding day was perfect, and the staff did a wonderful job helping with everything. Their food is great, and we heard nothing but positive feedback from our guests.

• User3741920 · 2+ years ago

The Gale Mansion made my wedding day absolutely perfect. The service was impecable and the food was fantastic. Not only did they make the day incredibly easy for me (handled everything perfectly and helped to organzie all the other vendors), but all of my guests raved about the food and service for weeks after. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who is looking to get married in the Twin Cities area!

Barb · Married on 08/17/2013

I highly recommend the Gale mansion for a wedding venue. Everything went more perfectly than we could have imagined for our August 17th wedding. The venue is elegant and beautiful and staff including Amy and Amy Beth were great to work with. Amy was very responsive and upbeat during the planning stages. She had a lot of helpful suggestions. The two rooms upstairs for bridal party to use to get ready were really handy. We hired make-up and hair people to go to the Gale so the bridal was able to ready together there. We had an outdoor ceremony and it was magical. The food was delicious and the wait staff and valet were very professional. We had about 95 people on the main floor. The space was perfect for that size group. It was cozy and intimate but not too crowded. After dinner, we had a dance with a live, five-person band (Cafe Accordion orchestra). The dance floor was a perfect size and people danced until the very end. We received many compliments from guests that it was on of the most elegant and fun weddings they've attended. I researched many, many venues before choosing the Gale mansion and I'm thrilled with our choice.

When I was looking for a venue, I wanted to have a unique and elegant space. After looking at many other mansions and venues in the twin cities, the Gale Mansion was the perfect fit. Through all the planning, Amy was quick to respond and was always willing to accommodate my requests.(We did work with a previous coordinator, and when she left we were appropriately informed and all of our planning with her was accurately passed on to Amy, so it didn't even feel like there had been any changes!) She went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly. So many of our 120 guests told us how they were amazed by the beauty of the Gale Mansion and how wonderful the food and staff were. People kept on asking "How did you find this place?" It really is a hidden gem. We were able to get dressed at the Gale mansion and do some pictures there before our ceremony which was off site. The Gale is the perfect backdrop for pictures so it is really nice that you have the space from noon on. Everyone raved about the cocktail hour. I think it is so nice to have the whole main floor for people to walk around and explore (and not feel crowded!) and I heard that the appetizers were outstanding. The bartenders quickly learned people's drinks of choice and had it made for them when they walked up. The fact that all the beer was great, local brands was really appreciated by both my out of town and in town guests. We used the ballroom for dinner and dancing and our guests loved that they were small tables of 6 so they could talk more. Some of my family and friends could be considered food critics, but all I heard about our wedding was that the food, service, and venue were all amazing. The Gale Mansion was easily the best decision I made in the whole wedding planning process and I would recommend it to anyone!

Emily · Married on 06/15/2013

We decided on the Gale Mansion because we had attended a wedding there a couple of years prior to our daughter's wedding but had no idea just how wonderful our experience would be. First of all, the venue is just beautiful. If you are looking for a everything under one roof venue, the Gale Mansion is the perfect place. We had about 140 guests and fit very comfortably. Our plans for an outdoor ceremony changed with a downpour, but the incredible staff went into action to bring it inside. I must add that the staff, specifically the catering manager, Amy Leh and her assistant Amy Beth were amazing. All of our questions were answered and concerns laid to rest. They were both professional and fun to work with. The food was delicious. We received many, many positive comments from our guests about the event. My daughter and her new husband loved every minute of their Gale Mansion wedding.

We had a formal wedding with 150 guests. We got ready at Gale Mansion, had our ceremony at our nearby church, then held our reception at Gale Mansion. We planned our wedding in ten weeks and booked this venue about 8-9 weeks before our wedding.

During our planning and preparation, we found the folks at Gale Mansion easy to work with. They were professional, nice, approachable and laid back. They easily accommodated our guests' food intolerances and dietary preferences. They found and executed recipes for our signature drinks.

Our reception was BEAUTIFUL. Just beautiful. The mansion itself is a beautiful backdrop. The food was excellent. Everything flowed really well there. I haven't yet heard one word of complaint about the venue.

After the wedding, I have heard from our guests over and over how good the food was and how beautiful the setting was. They liked our signature drinks. The stage downstairs is awesome for live music and dancing!

We loved Gale Mansion. It was beautiful. We are still getting compliments about our wedding reception more than a year later. They are easy to work with. The food was excellent.