Gaither's at Myrtle Creek Farm Reviews

5 | Covington, GA

5 Reviews for Gaither's at Myrtle Creek Farm

Rosemary · Married on 05/21/2016

My daughter and her husband, Jessica and Alex, had their wedding there May 21 ,2016. The wedding was beautiful!!! In talking with guests, numerous remarked on how beautiful the site was. It is a very beautiful, serene place. They have done alot of work on the property. Kay Blevins oversees the rental of the property. She was great to work with accommodating, quick to respond to questions and very pleasant. The onsite caretaker, Kenny, is invaluable. He made sure the property was gorgeous so that the day is perfect and that is exactly how it turned out. We looked at so many venues before deciding on Gaither Plantation and it was one of the best decisions we made!! It is a must see for brides who want options of wedding sites on one property!!

Sent on 05/25/2016

The venue was perfect!! So many options on where to have the ceremony. Marty is a wonderful person to have on site helping with everything.

Sent on 10/21/2012
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 06/04/2011

My husband and I could not have been happier with our experience at Gaither Plantation! It is so beautiful there and had everything we wanted (and is the best price out there). The site manager, Marty went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was perfect! I also wanted to see the place several times for planning purposes and he was friendly and helpful every time I went out there. He is so flexible and will help in any way he can! He saved the day when our limo got lost. He found them, and brought them to us! The setting is so gorgeous perfect to have both the ceremony and reception. Our wedding was during a heat wave in June and I was worried about the heat. The fans in the pavilion were outstanding and kept everything cool. This is the only venue we saw where I liked the rain plan just as much, the chapel is absolutely precious and I would have been perfectly happy to have our ceremony in there as well. We had an incredible wedding at Gaither Plantation and it will always hold a special place in our hearts!

Sent on 06/30/2011

Brittany · Married on 05/12/2007

Gaither Plantation is a beautiful historical site with many options for the ceremony site and a large pavilion perfect for receptions. On my wedding day it happened to rain (or rather, storm!) and the caretaker, Marty Roberts saved the day! He worked above and beyond what was required to keep my guests -and myself!- dry and comfortable. I highly recommend this location for the perfect outdoor wedding!

Sent on 10/16/2007

Brooke · Married on 12/13/2008

0.4
      0.5

Beautiful outdoor historical site. My husband and I were very excited to use the location. During the time before our ceremony, we had no trouble whatsoever. The day after (Sunday) we had the biggest disaster happen. Someone had vandalized the Plantation inside and out. We had several things stolen and the county was completely unwilling to work something out with us to help us recoup our losses; even after we (my husband, myself and our families) spent the entire day cleaning up the mess. We were out nearly the cost of the rental fee and still the county was unwilling to do anything for us. Bottom line- beautiful location but no one has responsibility for what goes on out there. You book at your own risk, something that I wish we had known about before we paid to have our wedding there.

Sent on 02/02/2009