Gaillardia Country Club Reviews

25 | Oklahoma City, OK

25 Reviews for Gaillardia Country Club

• Ann

Ann Alleman · Married on 10/06/2019

Amazing place for a perfect wedding

Abbey was so helpful when our dj didn’t show. Helping us get setup to run music for ceremony from cell phone and trying to find a replacement dj. This place is beautiful and the staff is great to work with.

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 09/22/2018

Always beautiful

My family has lived in the neighborhood for decades, so it was a real treat to have part of my wedding events at Gaillardia Country Club. We held a wedding rehearsal brunch at the club. Working with Abbey was a breeze, and the food was wonderful. Not to mention, the club is always beautiful. We loved it! Thank you!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Lauren · Married on 11/11/2017

Bryce and I had our wedding reception at Gaillardia in November and our overall experience was great! Abbey and team made the whole process from planning to the actual celebration a wonderful experience. I'm so glad we chose Gaillardia as our venue. Highly recommend!

Augusta · Married on 09/16/2017

Exceptional service and venue! Abbey and the staff at GCC are a class act. They are best at what they do and fun through the planning process. Highly recommend this venue!!

Sent on 03/05/2018

Cynthia · Married on 09/03/2017

Words cannot express my gratitude for Abbey and all Gaillardia staff. It was the PERFECT wedding and it's all because of them. Thank you so much for taking the time and going out of your way to make our wedding run smoothly, you are amazing Abbey!

Sent on 02/16/2018

T. · Married on 09/02/2017

Abbey was wonderful! The staff was very professional and they worked with my wedding planner VERY well. Abbey actually referred my wedding planner to me. If you choose this place, you’ll have ZERO regrets!

Hannah · Married on 07/15/2017

We could not have imagined a more perfect place to have our wedding in July 2017. After meeting with Abbey there was no question about how smooth the days leading up to the big day would go. I am not exaggerating when I say that Abbey was the MOST helpful and timely person I worked with throughout the wedding planning process. There was even a slip up (on my end) with the linens the night before the wedding and Abbey told me not to worry that it would be handled and when we arrived the day of it was all fixed and with no question or hesitation on her end. The entire staff at Gaillardia was so welcoming and accommodating to us as the couple, the bridal party, and even great feedback from the guests that attended.

Sent on 02/16/2018

Erin · Married on 06/30/2017

Everyone was so easy to work with and everything turned out just as I imagined. It was perfect! Abby was excellent and did more than I even asked!

Megan · Married on 05/28/2017

We absolutely loved working with Abbey! She made everything super easy for us!

Catherine · Married on 05/20/2017

We absolutely loved having our special day at Gaillardia Country Club. Abbey guided us throughout the entire planning process from the moment we set a date. Having someone who was easily reachable alleviated so much of the stress that can come with planning. From the beginning, we know that we wanted to have our ceremony and reception at a venue that provide almost everything we needed. While the price may seem like it comes at a premium, it's so important to take note of everything that is included. Incredible food (seriously, we still get compliments), a variety of beverage/liquor packages, pristine, classic linens if desired, multiple chair options, an absolutely beautiful bridal suite to spend the morning getting ready in, flawless service from everyone we interacted with, and so much more. Having plenty of space for guests was very important to us. There was a spacious patio right outside the ballroom that overlooked the greens and had fire pits keeping the guests who wanted some fresh air, warm all night. The entire flow of the evening, from ceremony, to cocktail hour, to dinner time, to the grand entrance, went off without a hitch. Abbey kept us on track and made sure to reach out to any outside vendors we would be working with. I appreciate her attention to detail and the way she made sure everyone would be on the same page for the big day. She was quick to find a solution to any and all of my requests and her upbeat and sunny disposition always made our conversations and meetings a fun experience! We are very grateful to the entire Gaillardia staff for helping us every step of the way.

Sent on 03/13/2018

Vivian · Married on 05/06/2017

One of the best features on my wedding was the venue, I was very happy with Lupita and her stuff. I only was concerned that Abbey was not available, she had to leave and it made panic, Fortunately she handed me over to wonderful professionals and they did the best job ever. Thank you so much Gaillardia <3

Jour'Dan · Married on 03/11/2017

Our wedding was everything I ever imagined and more! Abbey and her team did everything in their power to make sure our day went smoothly and we had everything we needed! The food was delicious and the venue is beautiful. We could not have asked for more!

amanda · Married on 12/10/2016

Everything was perfect! Abbey was very accommodating and professional. We absolutely loved every minute of it and she is to thank for that!

Sent on 02/22/2018

It's an incredibly beautiful venue for a great price. Also in house catering makes it a lot less stressful trying to find an outside caterer

Sent on 09/26/2015

kristen · Married on 07/16/2016

you were so helpful! you even helped me bustle my gown and honestly i don’t even know where my “day of coordinator” was at the time! we appreciate your upbeat, organized, yet laid-back attitude throughout the process.

Jessica · Married on 05/17/2015

Abbey is absolutely wonderful, amazing, awesome, etc. She made everything run perfectly. Our wedding was a breeze and she's to thank for it. The venue is beautiful. Food was wonderful. Staff was great. Perfect!!!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Macy · Married on 06/07/2013

Wow so beautiful! They did everything perfect and on the day of I got to relax in my bridal suite without any worries. Also, Stephyn is by far the best coordinator around OK. She has experience and is so amazing with helping make sure you are on time for all those little wedding things.

Sent on 07/24/2013

Stephanie · Married on 10/20/2017

Gaillardia couldn't have been a better place for our wedding! It was so beautiful, and the staff was great. Abbey took care of everything and guided us through every important part of the ceremony/reception relieving us of so much stress. Everything went smoother than smooth and we got to just relax and enjoy the night. After Abbey left, Robert took over and made sure we were having a great time, got us drinks if we needed, and coordinated the end of the party in such a great way. Picking Gaillardia was the BEST decision we made in our wedding planning process!

Sent on 02/19/2018

Sherri · Married on 06/04/2016

Large wedding, lots of details, wonderful service!
    Love Gaillardia!!

Sent on 03/03/2018

Lacey · Married on 07/23/2017

Gaillardia was my dream venue! The entire place is luxurious, grand and classy-which was exactly what I wanted for my wedding day. One of the biggest perks of using Gaillardia was their incredible staff that took care of so many details during our wedding and allowed our families to enjoy our day. They are very flexible about helping make YOUR vision come to life. The hospitality and attention to detail made for such a fun wedding day. I can't say enough good things about having our wedding at Gaillardia.

Sent on 03/02/2018

Micha · Married on 10/07/2017

3.5

Pros:
    - Everyone was very cordial
    - Ballroom was beautiful, appreciated the flexibility to let us decorate.
    - Food was delicious, guest enjoyed the meal; however, the bread did not arrive till the end of the meal.
    Cons:
    - The brownie tray that was adjacent to the cake table was never replenished after the initial plating. After the reception, the staff were asked about it and they didn’t know anything about it. Two and half full trays were later discovered in the cooler.
    - Full glasses of wine and beer were removed from the table when people got up to dance, which resulted in a lot of frustration and wasted alcohol.
    - Disappointed that cake was not brought to bride and grooms “sweetheart table”.
    - We question whether cake was removed from the table and taken back to the kitchen before everyone was able to enjoy. After the reception, the staff was able to come up with three pieces of cake from the kitchen.

It was a wonderful night and Gaillardia made very memorable!!

Sent on 02/28/2018

Brittany · Married on 05/07/2017

2.5

Our wedding was one of a kind and absolutely perfect! If we had to do it all over again we would do it the exact same!

Sent on 02/15/2018

Everything was great. The only complaints I have is that the carpet in the ballroom is hideous and one of the staff members (who was a younger kid) happened to make out with one of my guests. Other than that they provide quality service. The coordinators were very professional and their response time was awesome and they tried to make everything as flexible as it possibly could be for my wedding day. The food was fantastic, I definitely recommend the mashed potato bar which was a HUGE hit at my wedding.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Stacy · Married on 06/01/2012

THE most stunning venue in Oklahoma, with the most delicious food!!! Excellent staff, flawless grounds & decor... Always clean & beautiful! I burst with pride & joy that I was blessed enough to have such a stunning venue, & everyone (guests, friends, family -- except my father the "check writer" haha) LOVED it!!

Their staff seems to have a bit of a heavy turnover in planners, but I'm told that's very normal for country clubs. My coordinator left her position within 2 weeks of my wedding, so her superior took over. At 1st I was worried he'd be too busy or too stuffy, but he was incredible & actually more accommodating than anyone in that facility had ever been!! I'm sure it was partially because he had the power to make decisions that others wouldn't have been entitled to, but he sure made 2 very important parts of my wedding quite special :)

Gaillardia does unfortunately have several very stickler "stuffy" rules (regarding decor), but it's worth it to be at such a beautiful, timeless place. I will warn brides that your budget tends to go Out Of Control once you book this place. You need to insist upon seeing a menu (food, drink, whatever you plan on having) before booking, & confirm/insist that this is the price you will agree upon (their menu changed & I had to rearrange everything). As I said, the expense can spiral out of control, but it is worth every penny :) Particularly if you're smart & plan everything out in advance! That is the #1 way to keep every possible stress in check. One visit to this place & you'll fall in love. It was a magical wedding! Thank you to Matt & the woman on staff late in the evening on 06-01-12... You two, with the simplest nod, made the day 100 Xs less stressful & the night more beautiful!

Sent on 01/13/2013

April · Married on 01/01/2016

4.2
      3.0

We loved our reception at Gaillardia! Abbey was knowledgable and friendly and willing to help us create our perfect day.

Sent on 02/22/2018