Funk Evolution Entertainment Reviews

Funk Evolution Entertainment 6
Funk Evolution Entertainment 7

Erin Driscoll · Married on 12/01/2018

best decision ever!

Second to our venue, choosing FE to play at our wedding was the best
    decision we made throughout the whole planning process. They really brought
    our wedding to the next level and exceeded all of our expectations.

After selecting our venue (The Otesaga in Cooperstown, NY), the next thing
    we got to work on was the wedding band. We knew we wanted live music and
    were pretty stressed about the decision making process. We also had less
    than a year until our event date, and in our initial outreach were finding
    a lot of options to be booked. I stumbled upon FE on Wedding Wire, and
    reached out with my fingers crossed. Rocco got back to me and they were
    available... and we gave a deposit without having heard them live... it
    felt risky.. but the payoff was amazing!

Rocco was by far one of my favorite wedding vendors to work with. He is SO
    nice, SO fast to respond, SO helpful and easy to work with.. he is
    everything! He offered me a great deal on lighting, so FE took care of that
    too, and lit our reception space up beautifully.. and once the party
    started, the lights were awesome.. it was like a fancy rave!

The dance floor was packed the entire night. All the musicians in the band
    are amazingly talented. At one point they did a horn battle in the middle
    of the dance floor and we were all mesmerized! They even let me sing on the
    mic.. sorry to all my guests.. but I loved it. Rocco was also great as the
    emcee.. he had a very energetic way about him.

My dinner ended up running pretty long but Rocco worked with me and the
    venue to move things along and stay on track. He definitely knows how to
    run an event.

I am trying to think of another reason to have a party so I can hire FE
    again. Use them, seriously, you won't regret it!

Sent on 01/19/2019

Maureen · Married on 11/09/2018

Simply the best

It was a no-brainer that we wanted to have Funk Evolution at our wedding. From the minute we corresponded with Rocco, it was even more clear that this was a must. Rocco was so professional, yet easy going and relaxed...it felt like we had another group of friends who happen to be fab musicians coming to our wedding. Everyone in the band is so talented and really knows how to get the crowd going and keep them going all night. Our friends and family RAVED about Funk Evolution (one even asked if they'd be willing to travel out to Wisconsin). I would work with them again in a heartbeat and recommend them to any and everyone looking for a band for their wedding or special event.

Sent on 02/11/2019

Leah · Married on 09/08/2018

Funk Evolution took my wedding to the next level. As big fans of live music, we wanted to focus on the entertainment for the evening and really find something that would not only keep us up and dancing but that would appeal to the masses as well. Rocco, Sabrina and the whole band really just know how to put on a show and keep the energy high. This group is SO TALENTED. I had so much fun dancing and jamming out to all of the funk/soul/rock classics up to modern day hits and the variety was so appreciated by everyone. No one can stop talking about this day with Funk Evolution as the common thread tying it all together. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Hillary · Married on 09/02/2018

Funk Evolution performed at our wedding at Timber Lake Camp in Shandaken, NY over Labor Day Weekend 2018. My husband and I were looking for a band with horns, spunk, and one that would keep our guests dancing all night long and Funk Evolution was all of that and much, much more! Rocco went above and beyond to get to know my husband and I, including our story, he took the time to get to know what songs we wanted to be played, and he personalized some songs that he knew were important to us. Throughout the night, Rocco checked in with us to make sure we were happy with how everything was going and it was very clear that he genuinely cared about keeping us happy throughout the evening.

Funk Evolution played an enormous role in making our wedding night one of the best and most fun nights of our lives! The music from both the band and the DJ had our guests up on their feet and dancing for the entire night (exactly as we imagined) and they were just SO MUCH FUN! My friends are still telling me how amazing the music was, and we couldn't agree more- it was days before my and my husband's feet and legs stopped aching because we danced so much! I'm actually not sure if I ever danced that much in my life!

Two weeks post-wedding, our guests are still raving about the music I literally cannot stop thinking about the night. I can't wait to re-listen to Funk Evolution's music when we get back our wedding videos.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Kelly · Married on 09/01/2018

Funk Evolution does not disappoint!

I can’t say enough good things about Funk Evolution! When we started our search for a wedding band, my fiancé and I found it to be very stressful because the wedding entertainment really makes or breaks a wedding. When I spoke with Rocco from Funk Evolution, I knew our search had ended and we found the right band for us! For starters, Rocco showcases true professionalism and responsiveness which is very helpful when planning the logistics of a wedding. We worked closely together on the overall set list in addition to the first dance, father/daughter and mother/son song. Rocco wanted to ensure the music was tailored exactly to what we envisioned. On our wedding night, the band did not disappoint! FE provided beautiful uplighting which illuminated the room to set the stage for a great party. Rocco was an excellent MC and really upped the energy during the wedding party entrances. Once the band started playing, the wedding guests didn’t stop dancing all night. They played their epic sax battle in the middle of the dance floor which really got the guests involved. For the last few songs, they even let my husband and me get on stage and sing to the crowd. Our voices weren’t quite as good as Sabrina’s but it was certainly a highlight of our night. FE has incredible vocals, unmatched instrumentals and are overall great people. Such a pleasure to have them as our wedding entertainment and would highly recommend to all future bride and grooms in the Upstate New York area!

Sent on 01/06/2019
    Funk Evolution Entertainment 8
    Funk Evolution Entertainment 9
    Funk Evolution Entertainment 10
    Funk Evolution Entertainment 11

Funk Evolution Entertainment's reply:

We cannot thank you enough for inviting us to be part of your unbelievable wedding reception. It was a magical, over-the-top and unforgettable evening start to finish and you are blessed with the most amazing friends and family a new Bride and Groom could ask for. We're so grateful for your kindness and for the opportunity to entertain you and yours on the biggest day of your life. Thank you so very much; we look forward to seeing you very soon! ~Rocco
  • Jenae

Jenae · Married on 04/14/2018

Funk Evolution absolutely rocked it at our wedding at the Old Daley on Crooked Lake. We first had the pleasure of attending a Funk concert during my dad’s 50th birthday. We stopped at Wolff’s Biergarten and heard someone jamming at Stout. We stopped in and ending up dancing the night away until they finished up their set. We had a BLAST! Naturally, my mom asked if they played weddings. Fast-forward five years, and Funk brought the house down at our wedding. You could not get guests to leave the dance floor. They hired a piano player to play Beatles songs for our ceremony - he played beautifully! Rocco did a fantastic job MCing and even helped me coordinate the perfect short and sweet surprise for my mom. Thank you all for celebrating with us!

Sent on 04/18/2018
    Funk Evolution Entertainment 12
    Funk Evolution Entertainment 13

Funk Evolution Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Jenae! It was such a pleasure and privilege to bring the entertainment to your big day. Your wedding was just perfect, super tasteful and just the right balance of elegance and whimsy to match the charm and character of The Crooked Lakehouse. Your family (especially your Great-Aunt) are so much fun, so kind and they clearly are enormously proud of you and your amazing new husband. Thank you again for letting us take the stage on your big day; we look forward to entertaining you again very soon!

Cynthia · Married on 10/14/2017

We hired Funk Evolution to come to our home in the Catskills and play for our wedding reception. Prior to the event, Rocco was fantastic helping me to craft the performance schedule and select the music, and he was very responsive whenever I had a question. At the event, they were AMAZING. The sound and lighting were TOP NOTCH, and the music fun and danceable. Everyone told me that was the best band they've ever had play in the area. Rocco was a great emcee as well, and everyone just had the most fun. It was everything I was hoping for and more!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Funk Evolution Entertainment's reply:

You're so kind and your wedding was unlike any other we've ever had the opportunity to perform. We're so thankful to have been part of your big day and to call you friends. Thank you very much; we hope to see you both very soon! ;)

Nancy · Married on 10/07/2017

My Husband and I got married on October 7th after only a 4 month engagement. We checked out many bands in Albany and decided Funk Evolution was the perfect fit for our wedding band. Unlike other bands, Funk Evolution was relevant to the younger guests on our list while other bands were full of far older band members trying to play current music. The owner of Funk Evolution is such a pleasure to work with. Rocco not only ensured our music was unbelievable but he also helped us in the 4 short months leading up to our wedding to hire a great photographer & videograper. He also spent hours on the phone with us helping us to plan our reception timeline and he worked as the emcee at the reception keeping the energy high and keeping our itinerary on track all night. The band was even better at our wedding than what we had experienced at their other events. Everyone at the wedding was amazed at their energy, how great their music was and how they were equally as amazing playing Soul, 80s music, 90s - today's big hits. The whole band went above and beyond and they were the best part of our wedding. Best decision we made.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Brittany · Married on 09/29/2017

Funk Evolution is the BEST! Everything from our ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to our reception, was well planned and carried out meticulously! Rocco responded to every question we had quickly. He also provided us with many suggestions about the events that occurred throughout the night and how to plan for specific details. We had no worries on our wedding day thanks to Rocco and Funk Evolution!!! Brittany and Shay

Sent on 06/30/2018

Rebecca · Married on 08/05/2017

I cannot imagine a better wedding vendor. From the first time we saw Funk Evolution at Freedom Park in Scotia we knew that we had to have them at our wedding when we got married (one day), and we weren't even engaged yet. Funk Evolution is so amazing in every way. Everyone in the band is approachable and very happy to talk with us every time we go to show. Their energy and professionalism at our wedding was somehow far higher than we'd even come to know at their public shows (we've been groupies for 2 years now). They played their legendary saxaphone battle in the middle of the dancefloor toward the end of the night and ever single guest was in awe, it's crazy to think these are local musicians. Not one but three of my wedding guests have already hired Funk Evolution for their upcoming weddings based on what they saw at our wedding. Looking back at our wedding day, our most memorible moments all involved the band. From the moment we walked in (with the emcee's very high energy introductions) to the first dance, and the music after dinner (the band played nearly three hours after dinner) they were perfect and worth every penny. To put it best, I'm a morning person and my new husband and I slept in until 2pm the day after our wedding because we were on that danced all night long. It was perfect. Thank you Funk Evolution.

Sent on 09/19/2017
  • Kristina

Kristina James · Married on 07/21/2017

Highly recommend them over and over again!

I can’t give funk evolution a better review! They were easy to work with, not to mention so helpful in all the planning and always offered to go above an beyond! They really got the party going at our wedding, superior emcee and super talented band! We’ve gotten countless compliments from our guests, saying our wedding was so fun and “that band was phenomenal!” Every wedding I’ve attended since our wedding makes me more and more happy/confident that we picked the best out of the many to choose from. They were also right in the middle price range, not the cheapest of our options, but not the most expensive. They were just right! Highly recommend them over and over again!

Sent on 10/08/2019
    Funk Evolution Entertainment 14

Jennifer · Married on 06/17/2017

Funk Evolution was the centerpiece of our perfect wedding day. When we first messaged the band we didn't have any idea of just how much wedding band's cost and had a hard case of sticker shock when Rocco replied. We loved the music on their website so we drove from Philly to Albany to experience the band in person and we knew they had to be at our wedding. My parents had also been doing a lot of research in bands and found that Funk Evolution was actually very reasonable budget wise, there were several bands that were far more expensive. To keep our budget under control we decided to do as much of the planning as possible ourselves and Rocco was very helpful with any questions we weren't sure of how to answer for our other wedding vendors while making recommendations as to where we could trim the fat on our budget. By the time our wedding day arrived we had enjoyed 5 different dinner meetings with Rocco and had become great friends. Needless to say, our wedding day came and went, it was the most magical day of our lives and the cornerstone of it all was our unbelievable wedding band, Funk Evolution. The band played a few dance songs after our introductions which created a buzz in the room through dinner hour. Then, after dinner, they played thru the end of the night with a single very short break where we did our cake cutting. I cannot imagine a better experience, a friendlier band owner to work with or a more helpful friend than we found in Rocco and Funk Evolution. They are the best. They've now been hired for 2 of our Bridesmaids weddings and 1 other party from our wedding that we know of, we know we will not miss those parties. Thank you so much for all of your support, your great entertainment and our new found friendship, we are forever grateful.

Sent on 12/19/2017

Daren Scott · Married on 05/27/2017

Cancel the afterparty and let the band play!

Simply stated, Funk Evolution was the single best decision we made for our entire wedding. Not only is Rocco very attentive but the band, itself, worked so hard to entertain every last one of our friends and family. Young and old, everyone was crazy about Funk Evolution's song choices, their energy, their fun energy and even their dance moves. We ended up pushing our afterparty back 60 minutes and asking the band to perform another hour because the dancefloor was packed every moment they played, from the moment they started playing (before introductions) until the last song of the night. Thank you all for making this the night we could only dream of!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Lindsay · Married on 09/17/2016

When we were looking for a band for our wedding we asked our other vendors if they could have any band for their wedding who would it be and the same name continued to come up- "Funk Evolution"! They delivered just an amazing act for our wedding night. They are an incredibly talented group of individuals with both vocals and instruments and they really brought the barn down! There was not one song that they played where people weren't dancing and having just an amazing time. Even for the people that come and don't necessarily want to dance the band provides a great show so it's really just an all around amazing time for everyone! I am just beyond happy that we chose them to do our music they really helped to give our wedding that extra special unique touch! I would recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone that asked!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Annabel · Married on 09/04/2016

Rocco and Funk Evolution went above and beyond what we could've asked for. They were helpful, responsive, and most importantly made for an awesome party. Everyone keeps telling us that they hadn't had that much fun at a wedding ever, mostly due to the band! Thanks again and we can't wait to book you guys for our next big event. Tameka singing Proud Mary is insane!!

Sent on 09/28/2016

DAVID · Married on 07/02/2016

Funk Evolution is a drop dead entertainment find! Their musicianship is world class, with vocals, stage presence and audience interaction to match, and they are the kind of people you would choose for friends. They generate fun! Their music is always keyed to positive audience reactions. They "wow" people! I have brought them in for four consecutive summer lake side parties which the residents of the lake where I lived paid for with excitement and anticipation. The only question you may ask is how soon you may have them back for another event. Dave Covey

Sent on 10/07/2016

Micah · Married on 06/11/2016

It's now been a couple of years since our wedding day and we were invited to share our experience by writing a review of Funk Evolution. It brings my Wife and I great pleasure to do so!

Funk Evolution was the 1st vendor we booked for our wedding. We'd seen them at several different events in the Saratoga NY area in the years leading up to our engagement and booked them within two weeks of our proposal. Live, high energy, polished and exciting entertainment was our primary priority when it came to our wedding day and we could not envision our day without the band. We had our dream wedding date in mind (my late mother's birthday) but, unfortunately, we could not book a venue we liked for the date. Long story short, we changed our wedding date 3 times and Funk Evolution was 100% accommodating to this continuous change (even diverting a prior scheduled event to accommodate our final wedding date).

Our wedding day came and it was picture perfect in every way; except it ran an hour behind as our minister was caught in Saratoga traffic! Funk Evolution sprung into action. They played an hour set before our wedding began, we headed outdoors and said our nuptials, and the day continued perfectly. We extended the party an additional hour and instead of the 20% overtime notated in the agreement, Rocco charged us only $250 or an extra hour of performance. It was the very best hour of our entire wedding and it was an unforgettable nightcap that made our day perfect.

We cannot share accolades high enough for how far above and beyond Funk Evolution went to ensure our day was stress free and absolutely perfect. Two of our friends have since had them at their weddings and we loved every minute. More than anything, the friendship we've developed with the band over the years has been a lasting takeaway we could've never imagined when first hiring them.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Adam · Married on 05/28/2016

Funk Evolution is in a league of their own. My husband and I live in NYC and are a part of the Broadway and Television industry. We grew up in upstate New York and ended up having our wedding in The Adirondacks. When I tell you that this band "nailed it," I really mean it. What a gift to find a band in upstate that is better than anyone we have seen in NYC. Our friends are still talking about the funk band, the sexy squealing saxophones, and "The Tameka" who sings her face off in every song. The entire wedding was sweaty and nasty at the end of their sets-just because they take you to church! You can't help but move.... You should feel lucky and blessed if you can have this band at your wedding. Thanks Funk Evolution! We all love you.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Funk Evolution Entertainment's reply:

It's hard to define your day with any other term than EPIC!!! It's a bit of stretch to call it a 'day'....you had a full-on wedding weekend and it was just FILLED with such amazing people, energy, talent, FUN, and love. It's remarkable that SO MANY of your Broadway Star friends made the trip upstate to share your incredible weekend. The talent that filled the room was OFF THE CHARTS and we were humbled and honored to entertain them at the reception. This was one of those weddings we wish we could re-live week after week and we can only hope to capture the crazy memories from that weekend forever. Thank you for sharing your special moment with Funk Evolution and for sharing us with your favorite people. We love you guys and are so happy that you are so happy....together! ;) Cheers Gentlemen.

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2016

I would absolutely, ABSOLUTELY recommend Funk Evolution to anyone looking to hire a wedding band. I honestly cannot say enough good things about the band and about Rocco. Leading up to the wedding, Rocco was amazing to work with. He was super responsive, organized, and extremely helpful. On the day of, Rocco handled the ceremony music for us, and the jazz quartet played during the cocktail hour – which our guests loved. During the reception, literally every single one of our guests was out of their seats dancing. The energy was just incredible, the music was outstanding, and we had such an amazing time. On top of everything else, the band allowed my father to hop on the drums for a few songs, which was truly unforgettable. If you are looking to hire a band or even just considering it, I would recommend going to one of their shows and seeing how good they are for yourself – you really will not regret it.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2016

We love working with Funk Evolution. The band is amazing and Rocco is so accommodating. Our Father of the Bride joined in as a surprise and it was a huge success! We love them!

Sent on 09/29/2016
  • Z

Zac · Married on 04/03/2016

Funk Evolution is all class. They are upbeat, professional and they play high quality music and keep everyone on the dance floor. We connected with the band years ago and they were very personable. I've been to weddings where there is a DJ or a band, Funk Evolution did both and kept our party going. I can't say enough about the quality of their musicians. They just have such a great vibe. I would hire this band over and over again. Thanks again to Funk Evolution and General Manager Stephen "Rocco" Christman for putting together such a great band and rocking our event!

Sent on 04/03/2016

Rocco and the rest of Funk Evolution were INCREDIBLE at our Winter Ball fundraiser to celebrate the kickoff to the SPAC’s 50th anniversary season!! The energy was electric and they certainly ROCKED the Hall of Springs! The dance floor was PACKED all night long!! They know exactly how to work the crowd. The members are very talented musicians, professional and a fun time! The band was very responsive and easy to work with leading up to our event. We are BEYOND EXCITED to have them back at Winter Ball 2017!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Bo · Married on 12/11/2015

Funk Evolution is composed of some of the most talented and entertaining musicians I've seen and heard in our area. Their music is spectacular and sure to get people dancing, and the fact that they even DJ their breaks is so helpful! Worth every penny to make your event a success. We used them last year for our giant holiday party, and we'll be using them again for this year!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Funk Evolution Entertainment's reply:

We are so thankful for the support you have shown us thruout the years Bo. You've brought so much wonderful work to us and are always such an enormous pleasure to have around. Thank you for your constant support and your very kind revue. We can't wait to celebrate the holidays with you again this year!!!

Funk Evolution has performed at our corporate party for the past four years. Our annual party has guests ranging from 18 to nearly 90 years old and, somehow, Funk Evolution finds a way to get everyone on the dance floor and talking about the band for weeks on end, year after year. We've hired several other large bands from the Albany area in the past and once we first experienced Funk Evolution in 2012, we've never thought to hire anyone else. No other band at any budget has brought the energy, class and professionalism that Funk Evolution brings to us year after year. They aren't the least expensive band around but they are by far the best and they do cost far less than other bands we've hired in the past. We couldn't be happier to have found Funk Evolution and to now call them all wonderful friends. The band has changed over the years but it continuously gets better and better year after year. We hope to have the band at our big party indefinitely; they are the very best.

Sent on 02/23/2016

Lindsey · Married on 09/12/2015

I can't really put into words how amazing Funk Evolution is. My husband and I have been watching them play at Dango's in Saratoga every Summer we come to visit for the past 8 years. We always talked about when we would get married they would be our band. The dream became a reality, and funk evolution was our official wedding entertainment. It hasn't rained on September 12th according to the Farmers Alamanac Calander in the past 15 yrs, so naturally it would monsoon during our outdoor ceremony and wedding. It didn't even phase us, not only because all of or friends and family from FL were at the most special day of our lives, but also because Rocoo, Tameka, and the beyond amazing funk evolution did not miss a beat. They made our receptio! Hands down! If it wasn't for them, our day wouldn't be the same and we will be forever grateful! Do yourself a favor, and book them NOW! We love you guys!!!!

Sent on 09/27/2016