Full Swing Sound Reviews

55 | Buffalo, NY

55 Reviews for Full Swing Sound

Danielle · Married on 02/02/2019

Professional and accommodating

Full swing sound brought a twist on just having a a DJ. We had a pianist and saxophonist for our cocktail and dinner hours ans it really brought an ambiance to the wedding. After dinner was the dancing and Jim did a phenomenal keeping the dance floor packed. Everyone had a great time.

Sara · Married on 12/29/2018

Seriously the Best

We booked Jim from Full Swing Sound for our wedding and honestly I think that was the best decision of the entire wedding planning. There is the option to have a two piece jazz ensemble to play during dinner and the cocktail hour, which we thought was really cool, but we didn't go with ultimately because we were going for a different vibe. As a DJ, Jim was so pleasant, so sweet, so organized, and calm/cool/collected the day of, he just made everything run perfectly. Music was great and he didn't do any weird commentary ("This one's for the ladies!"), he was super professional, super cool, easy to work with and didn't judge us on our weird music choices. Honestly, if you're planning a wedding in Buffalo, just hire him. Just do it. We cannot say enough about how great he is!

Jessica · Married on 09/30/2018

Full Swing Sound was incredible from booking all the way through to the big day. The musicians were incredible and Jim was an awesome DJ. When I heard "Storybook Love" played by the musicians on my way down the aisle I don't think I've ever been happier! Thank you!

• Natalie

Natalie · Married on 09/22/2018

Great experience!

We had a great experience working with Full Swing Sound as our wedding DJ. We selected them because we wanted live music during our cocktail hour and then a DJ for dancing later on. They were really easy to work with and helped make the wedding planning process as least stressful as possible. They are very organized and were able to accommodate all of our requests! We were able to meet with them in person prior to our event which I appreciated; I like being able to put a face to the name and make the experience more personable! We are really happy that we selected Full Swing Sound and would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding DJ and/or talented musicians to play for any part of their wedding festivities (cocktail hour or ceremony).

Sarah · Married on 09/08/2018

I can’t say enough about how great Full Swing Sound was. We looked for a long time to find the right DJ, and after we with with Jim we knew we were in good hands. He was incredibly helpful in the planning process, and gave great advice. The night of our wedding, we got soooo many compliments from the guests about how good the music was. We also had the photobooth, which was a big hit with everyone. They really exceeded my expectations, and I strongly encourage anyone to hire them for their wedding! Thank you!

Ashley · Married on 08/18/2018

My husband and I went out on a limb and booked full swing sound without actually meeting them. We saw they had good reviews, they had everything we were looking for so we took the chance and boy are we extremely happy we did! These guys were amazing!! They were so easy to work with and very responsive to phone calls and emails, they really make the entire process very easy. We had the 2 piece band for our ceremony and hor d'oeuvres. They asked me what songs I wanted for everything so I picked them and they had no issues with anything. Every song that we picked was perfect and sounded amazing. DJ Jim was great and had more people than I expected on the dance floor all night! We had the photo booth which was a huge hit with our guest and the uplighting was perfect they even did a personalized monogram lighting for us! I can't say enough good things about Matt and Jim. I highly recommend them to everyone!

• Jenna

Jenna · Married on 08/11/2018

We had an incredible experience with Full Swing Sound. Mark is an incredible DJ and we loved working with him! The planning process was actually fun! He took our suggestions and was also able to fill in the areas we weren't sure of with exactly the vibe we requested of him. Mark was on time, approachable, kind, dressed professionally and really helped turn our wedding day into a celebration. Once the lights turned down, the dancing never stopped. We had an absolute blast! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Travis · Married on 07/07/2018

Best of both worlds

I still can't believe how lucky we were to find Full Swing Sound for our wedding -- we were having the hardest time deciding between a live band and a DJ, and these guys were really the best of both worlds. We went with live music for cocktails and dinner, then switched to DJ for the reception. My husband and I got married in Buffalo in July 2018, but we live in MD so it could be tricky sorting everything out with our vendors. Matt was super responsive and flexible -- he offered to meet whenever we were in town, but we couldn't quite make it work so he was able to talk us through any questions and provide tips over the phone or email. On the day of the wedding, Matt was awesome -- he helped to wrangle our large bridal party and kept things running so smoothly with speeches, dances, etc. They're a great group of people, and they know exactly what they're doing so you couldn't be in better hands!!

Megan · Married on 06/09/2018

We hired Full Swing Sound for our wedding and could not be happier. They were very responsive to emails, answered all of my questions, and were more than willing to meet in person whenever we wanted. We were initially unsure what to do about our wedding music as we did not want a stereotypical "cheesy" wedding DJ, nor did we want a full band, and we certainly did not want to pay for both! Full Swing Sounds gave us the option to have everything we wanted at an incredibly reasonable price. We met with Matt who completely understood our concerns and put us at ease. We were given the flexibility to choose whatever type of music and atmosphere we wanted. In the end we settled on a solo pianist for the ceremony, a 2 piece band for cocktail hour and dinner, and a DJ for after dinner dancing. We met a second time with Matt and our DJ, Jim, and knew we were in the right hands. Our ceremony music was beautiful and personal, the dinner band was classy and elegant, and DJ Jim had everyone dancing for the rest of the night! Full Swing Sound exceeding our every expectation.

Ema · Married on 06/02/2018

Full Swing Sound was everything we could have asked for! From beginning to end, they were wonderful. We had a four piece band for our cocktail hour because jazz music is incredibly important to my fiance. At the end of the night, we had a DJ and it was absolutely great. They were easy to work with, helpful in the planning, and incredibly great overall.

Ashley · Married on 06/02/2018

Full Swing Sound did a fantastic job! We had a live band with a singer for the reception, and it was amazing. I really liked that they let me customize the songs for the live band, and they sounded so good! We also had a deejay and that was actually my favorite part. I made it a goal to have a list of nontraditional dance music, and they worked with me to make a playlist that I absolutely loved. They were really easy to work with and exceeded all expectations! I would highly recommend them to anyone.

• Jousline

Jousline · Married on 05/26/2018

I wish there was a way to give more than a 5 star rating. Full Swing was recommended by a coworker and thank goodness for that! We knew the second we met Jim and Matt that we wanted to work with them. We were lucky to have a 3 piece band for cocktail hour and dinner. The musicians were so talented and played with so much passion. It was such a treat for our guests who all have many weddings to attend this year and needed something different. The photo booth was a great addition to capture the fun our guests were having and we used the extra strips for our guestbook. It was also the perfect size for the room we were in. DJ Jim was AMAZING! We had given him a list of Lebanese songs to play and he was so good about feeling the mood of the room to keep our guests moving. The dance floor was never empty. This was the BEST wedding decision we made!

Amy · Married on 05/19/2018

Jim and Matt were incredible and were both so glad we went with them! We had a live band play for the dinner portion, and Matt did an amazing job of playing all of our requests, including a few off beat ones! DJ Jim was outstanding and had everyone dancing the whole night. We got a ton of compliments on our choice and I am seriously so glad that we went with them. The best part is that they are sooooo down to earth and made planning really easy.

Julianne · Married on 05/12/2018

After a look of research, my fiance and I went with Full Swing Sound for our wedding, and honestly it was the best decision we made for the whole wedding. I've been to my fair share of weddings and had pretty strong ideas of what i wanted for our entertainment. The best thing about Full Swing Sound was that we were able to have musicians for our cocktail hour and also dance music as well. We got so many compliments about it, and the whole night was just perfect. They were really professional and made the process really easy for us. Jim did a great job of incorporating my music selections, and everyone had an amazing time. They were so great, and I was so happy with their service.

DiAndra · Married on 05/05/2018

My husband and I cannot say one negative thing about Full Swing Sound. We were planning our wedding from out of town and Jim and Matt were responsive to our meeting inquiries. When we did travel to Buffalo we met with them on the weekends just to go over overall theme/feel that we wanted for our wedding. It is such a nice and beautiful touch that they are able to do live music for our dinner and cocktail hours. The mood in the room was elegant and classy but once the DJ started it turned in to quite the partay! Jim really knows how to read the room, the dance floor was PACKED the whole night! It flew by so fast and we were so sad once it was the last song! They are well worth every penny, and we are sooooo happy that we chose FSS!

Deb · Married on 04/28/2018

Great group all around! Was recommended by my friend who also used their services. The live band was perfect for what we were looking for. We had a few last minute songs my parents really wanted to hear and they were totally accommodating and did an amazing job with it. DJ did an amazing job and played all of our requests. Dance floor was filled the entire time. Was very affordable and totally worth every cent.

Katie · Married on 04/21/2018

We hired Full Swing Sound for dj and photobooth for our wedding and I am so glad we did. I especially love that Jim worked with us to make the photobooth strip so custom, which turned out amazing. I recommend them to anyone and they will be doing my sister's wedding next year.

Bethany · Married on 03/24/2018

We had Full Swing Sound play at our wedding last week 3/24/18 in Buffalo, NY and we couldn't have picked a better band/DJ combo. The live music during the cocktail hour was perfect and then the DJ helped us dance the night away. Matt and Jim were a pleasure to work with from day 1 and the next day everyone raved about how good the music was the entire night. We would recommend Full Swing Sound to anyone!

Joelle · Married on 03/10/2018

We were so happy with Full Swing's service, and it was overall exactly what we wanted. I come from a pretty big musical family, so the live music was really important to us. We had a quartet with a singer for the cocktail and dinner, and they even let my dad sit in for a couple songs! The deejay was exactly what we were hoping for. He played all of our requests and worked with us to help with the planning. I was most worried about hiring the entertainment, and I am so glad I made this decision. Highly, highly recommend!

Julianna · Married on 10/07/2017

We couldn't be happier with Full Swing Sound!! The three piece was such a wonderful touch during dinner, and the party music had everyone up and dancing all night long! This is such a special day to us and we're so happy with everything they brought to the table ... or should I say dance floor!! They were absolutely flawless and I HIGHLY recommend :):)

Holly · Married on 05/06/2017

We enjoyed having Full Swing Sound play at our reception. The live music was a hit with our guests. We weren't sure what the Selfie Scrapbook would be like, but we ended up loving it!! It was such a great alternative to the photo booths you see at about every wedding these days. We enjoyed looking over everyone's creative entries in the scrapbook.

Melissa · Married on 01/14/2017

WE LOVED having Full Swing Sound rock our reception last Saturday night. Their musicians added such a jazzy, lively, and classy element, and then DJ Jim kept the whole reception on track by being the MC. We asked for a trio of the saxophone, pianist, and bassist during the cocktail hour and dinner; our guests were dazzled and we just couldn't get over them ourselves - they are so talented. DJ Jim was already set up so they were able to stop playing momentarily so we could be introduced via the microphone and with entrance music. After dinner he then played hours of the best wedding dance music. My guests never left the dance floor until it was time to shut it down. Jim was super awesome and flexible about accommodating last minute changes and requests on our part. They also added a lights package that was perfection for a dance floor vibe. In the months leading up to the wedding, the saxophone player Matt was very diligent about keeping up with us via email and gently reminding us about information they would need to put on the wedding we hoped for. Because of Matt and Jim and their amazing crew, our guests just couldn't get over what a great event we had. In terms of the value, you get a live band and a DJ for basically the same price you'd pay for just a DJ for 6 hours with a lot of companies... so its a no brainer if you can't decide between live music and a DJ. They really sent our reception over the top and we have peace of mind and satisfaction that we made the best decision ever!! Thanks team!

Rebecca · Married on 10/29/2016

Matt & Jim were awesome to work with. Not only were they super helpful in the time leading up to the wedding with planning packets, offering suggestions, etc., but they also made our day so special and fun! Their live music was perfect during cocktail hour and dinner. Then when dancing started, our guests barely left the dance floor the whole night - the music was on point! We ended up extending our event an extra half hour because everyone was having a blast dancing away! Definitely recommend them to anyone/everyone if you're looking to have fun.

Casi · Married on 10/08/2016

Post Wedding UPDATE:
    Full Swing Sound did an incredible job at our wedding! We absolutely loved having live jazz music during our cocktail hour, and so did our guests! Matt was excellent about running the show and keeping everything on track and going smoothly while I enjoyed my wedding night stress free. He even worked with my Dad on a little surprise for the Father Daughter dance! I would highly recommend Full Swing Sound for your wedding or special occasion.

(Pre-Wedding review)
    My wedding is not for a few months but I am very satisfied with Full Swing Sounds services so far. They are providing an great value with live cocktail hour music and 5 hours of DJ for less than many other Dj's I looked into. My fiance and I knew when we skyped with Jim that he was the kind of DJ we wanted. Young and relatable yet professional and knowledgable. Someone that would make us fully comfortable for our special night.