Full Swing Sound Reviews

62 | Buffalo, NY

62 Reviews for Full Swing Sound

Sarah · Married on 07/20/2019

Dream dance floor come true

Jim Montour DJed our wedding at The Pearl at the Webb. I have lost count of the number of guests that have told my husband and I that they couldn't leave the dance floor! Jim was my perfect DJ - he played every single one of our "must play" songs, he cut our formal dances per our request with perfect fade out and he kindly ignored requests for instructional songs and a birthday shout out. One of our favorite moments of the night was the last song. Jim played Piano Man and the whole party created a circle around my husband and I as we danced and sang. In addition to Jim’s incredible DJing, the Polaroid cameras were SUCH a hit! All of our guests loved taking pictures and we will cherish our Polaroid guest book forever. As a very Type A bride and life-long control freak, I was very nervous about having a great dance floor. I can say with certainty that Jim delivered on every single one of our expectations and I will be recommending him to every Bride I come across!

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Joseph

Joseph Modica · Married on 07/20/2019

Terrific Wedding DJ and Duet

Matt and his team were so receptive to our wedding plans for our outdoor ceremony and reception. They worked with us by phone and met in person prior to the event, which was very much appreciated. The day of the wedding they were self-sufficient and provided the perfect mix of DJ music for the ceremony and dancing and beautiful saxophone and piano music for cocktail hour and dinner. Multiple guests told us how great they thought their live music performance was. Also, the DJ kept everyone on the dancefloor and made the celebration finish out strong.

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 07/13/2019

Absolutely perfect!!!

Full Swing Sound made our wedding day absolutely amazing! I could not recommend them more! When I first started researching DJ services, it was hard to choose; but once I found Full Swing I knew they were the one. We booked the two-piece Jazz band for our cocktail hour and dinner as well as the DJ service for the rest of the night (which was so fairly priced and added so much class to the event). Everything was perfect from start to finish. Communication with Matt and Jim was amazing, I emailed them A LOT and they always responded right away and with everything I needed. From the time we booked with them to the wedding day itself, nothing went wrong. Their planning process is detailed and easy to follow. It made the wedding day go so smoothly. I could not have asked for a more professional and kind company to work with for our special day. If you’re on the fence about music, look no further and book them today!!! Thank you for everything ♥️!

Sent on 07/21/2019

John · Married on 07/05/2019

Great Experience

Full swing was amazing, they had everyone on the dance floor all night and made sure everything went as planned! Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 06/29/2019

Incredible DJ - Got the party started and it never stopped!

We hired Full Swing Sound for our DJ services for our wedding. They were incredibly easy to work with and played the absolute best wedding music I have ever experienced! The dance floor was going all night long. We appreciate all of your hard work, guys!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Joseph

Joseph Orlando · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing DJ & Musicians! Amazing value!

My wife and I currently live in Philadelphia, but had our wedding back in hometown Buffalo, which we thought would make for some tricky planning. However, as soon as we found Full Swing Sound, Jim and Matt were not only extremely helpful in answering any questions we had, but they guided us through the music process to ensure a stress-free wedding! We went with the band and DJ package and could not be happier with how the night went. Chris was our DJ, and while we gave him a selection of songs we wanted to here, he was the master of ceremonies, and knew exactly how to get people on the dance floor. The end result was a room full of happy faces, with all ages in full sweat from dancing so hard. EXCELLENT NIGHT and EXCELLENT DJ/BAND for your wedding.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Danielle · Married on 02/02/2019

Professional and accommodating

Full swing sound brought a twist on just having a a DJ. We had a pianist and saxophonist for our cocktail and dinner hours ans it really brought an ambiance to the wedding. After dinner was the dancing and Jim did a phenomenal keeping the dance floor packed. Everyone had a great time.

Sent on 02/12/2019

Sara · Married on 12/29/2018

Seriously the Best

We booked Jim from Full Swing Sound for our wedding and honestly I think that was the best decision of the entire wedding planning. There is the option to have a two piece jazz ensemble to play during dinner and the cocktail hour, which we thought was really cool, but we didn't go with ultimately because we were going for a different vibe. As a DJ, Jim was so pleasant, so sweet, so organized, and calm/cool/collected the day of, he just made everything run perfectly. Music was great and he didn't do any weird commentary ("This one's for the ladies!"), he was super professional, super cool, easy to work with and didn't judge us on our weird music choices. Honestly, if you're planning a wedding in Buffalo, just hire him. Just do it. We cannot say enough about how great he is!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Jessica · Married on 09/30/2018

Full Swing Sound was incredible from booking all the way through to the big day. The musicians were incredible and Jim was an awesome DJ. When I heard "Storybook Love" played by the musicians on my way down the aisle I don't think I've ever been happier! Thank you!

Sent on 10/10/2018
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 09/22/2018

Great experience!

We had a great experience working with Full Swing Sound as our wedding DJ. We selected them because we wanted live music during our cocktail hour and then a DJ for dancing later on. They were really easy to work with and helped make the wedding planning process as least stressful as possible. They are very organized and were able to accommodate all of our requests! We were able to meet with them in person prior to our event which I appreciated; I like being able to put a face to the name and make the experience more personable! We are really happy that we selected Full Swing Sound and would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding DJ and/or talented musicians to play for any part of their wedding festivities (cocktail hour or ceremony).

Sent on 11/02/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/08/2018

I can’t say enough about how great Full Swing Sound was. We looked for a long time to find the right DJ, and after we with with Jim we knew we were in good hands. He was incredibly helpful in the planning process, and gave great advice. The night of our wedding, we got soooo many compliments from the guests about how good the music was. We also had the photobooth, which was a big hit with everyone. They really exceeded my expectations, and I strongly encourage anyone to hire them for their wedding! Thank you!

Sent on 09/13/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 09/01/2018

Truly a Wonderful Experience

If you want someone who is incredibly responsive, someone who bends over backwards for you, who is absolutely pleasant, polite, talented, and professional, then Jim from Full Sound Swing is the most perfect DJ for you! We had a custom made photobooth template! Which, Jim was very patient and attentive to our requests. We had a saxophonist and pianist during cocktail hour and during dinner (really helps set the tone and the mood of the evening). Everyone was raving about the pianist at the ceremony (loved guessing which Disney song would play next), and everyone raves on how much fun they had dancing at the reception. Best night ever! Jim helped to run things smoothly and seamlessly. Thank you so much Jim for helping to make our night magical!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Ashley · Married on 08/18/2018

My husband and I went out on a limb and booked full swing sound without actually meeting them. We saw they had good reviews, they had everything we were looking for so we took the chance and boy are we extremely happy we did! These guys were amazing!! They were so easy to work with and very responsive to phone calls and emails, they really make the entire process very easy. We had the 2 piece band for our ceremony and hor d'oeuvres. They asked me what songs I wanted for everything so I picked them and they had no issues with anything. Every song that we picked was perfect and sounded amazing. DJ Jim was great and had more people than I expected on the dance floor all night! We had the photo booth which was a huge hit with our guest and the uplighting was perfect they even did a personalized monogram lighting for us! I can't say enough good things about Matt and Jim. I highly recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 09/09/2018
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 08/11/2018

We had an incredible experience with Full Swing Sound. Mark is an incredible DJ and we loved working with him! The planning process was actually fun! He took our suggestions and was also able to fill in the areas we weren't sure of with exactly the vibe we requested of him. Mark was on time, approachable, kind, dressed professionally and really helped turn our wedding day into a celebration. Once the lights turned down, the dancing never stopped. We had an absolute blast! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Travis · Married on 07/07/2018

Best of both worlds

I still can't believe how lucky we were to find Full Swing Sound for our wedding -- we were having the hardest time deciding between a live band and a DJ, and these guys were really the best of both worlds. We went with live music for cocktails and dinner, then switched to DJ for the reception. My husband and I got married in Buffalo in July 2018, but we live in MD so it could be tricky sorting everything out with our vendors. Matt was super responsive and flexible -- he offered to meet whenever we were in town, but we couldn't quite make it work so he was able to talk us through any questions and provide tips over the phone or email. On the day of the wedding, Matt was awesome -- he helped to wrangle our large bridal party and kept things running so smoothly with speeches, dances, etc. They're a great group of people, and they know exactly what they're doing so you couldn't be in better hands!!

Sent on 01/19/2019

Megan · Married on 06/09/2018

We hired Full Swing Sound for our wedding and could not be happier. They were very responsive to emails, answered all of my questions, and were more than willing to meet in person whenever we wanted. We were initially unsure what to do about our wedding music as we did not want a stereotypical "cheesy" wedding DJ, nor did we want a full band, and we certainly did not want to pay for both! Full Swing Sounds gave us the option to have everything we wanted at an incredibly reasonable price. We met with Matt who completely understood our concerns and put us at ease. We were given the flexibility to choose whatever type of music and atmosphere we wanted. In the end we settled on a solo pianist for the ceremony, a 2 piece band for cocktail hour and dinner, and a DJ for after dinner dancing. We met a second time with Matt and our DJ, Jim, and knew we were in the right hands. Our ceremony music was beautiful and personal, the dinner band was classy and elegant, and DJ Jim had everyone dancing for the rest of the night! Full Swing Sound exceeding our every expectation.

Sent on 07/13/2018

Ema · Married on 06/02/2018

Full Swing Sound was everything we could have asked for! From beginning to end, they were wonderful. We had a four piece band for our cocktail hour because jazz music is incredibly important to my fiance. At the end of the night, we had a DJ and it was absolutely great. They were easy to work with, helpful in the planning, and incredibly great overall.

Sent on 06/14/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/02/2018

Full Swing Sound did a fantastic job! We had a live band with a singer for the reception, and it was amazing. I really liked that they let me customize the songs for the live band, and they sounded so good! We also had a deejay and that was actually my favorite part. I made it a goal to have a list of nontraditional dance music, and they worked with me to make a playlist that I absolutely loved. They were really easy to work with and exceeded all expectations! I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 07/12/2018
  • Jousline

Jousline · Married on 05/26/2018

I wish there was a way to give more than a 5 star rating. Full Swing was recommended by a coworker and thank goodness for that! We knew the second we met Jim and Matt that we wanted to work with them. We were lucky to have a 3 piece band for cocktail hour and dinner. The musicians were so talented and played with so much passion. It was such a treat for our guests who all have many weddings to attend this year and needed something different. The photo booth was a great addition to capture the fun our guests were having and we used the extra strips for our guestbook. It was also the perfect size for the room we were in. DJ Jim was AMAZING! We had given him a list of Lebanese songs to play and he was so good about feeling the mood of the room to keep our guests moving. The dance floor was never empty. This was the BEST wedding decision we made!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Amy · Married on 05/19/2018

Jim and Matt were incredible and were both so glad we went with them! We had a live band play for the dinner portion, and Matt did an amazing job of playing all of our requests, including a few off beat ones! DJ Jim was outstanding and had everyone dancing the whole night. We got a ton of compliments on our choice and I am seriously so glad that we went with them. The best part is that they are sooooo down to earth and made planning really easy.

Sent on 05/23/2018

Julianne · Married on 05/12/2018

After a look of research, my fiance and I went with Full Swing Sound for our wedding, and honestly it was the best decision we made for the whole wedding. I've been to my fair share of weddings and had pretty strong ideas of what i wanted for our entertainment. The best thing about Full Swing Sound was that we were able to have musicians for our cocktail hour and also dance music as well. We got so many compliments about it, and the whole night was just perfect. They were really professional and made the process really easy for us. Jim did a great job of incorporating my music selections, and everyone had an amazing time. They were so great, and I was so happy with their service.

Sent on 07/20/2018

DiAndra · Married on 05/05/2018

My husband and I cannot say one negative thing about Full Swing Sound. We were planning our wedding from out of town and Jim and Matt were responsive to our meeting inquiries. When we did travel to Buffalo we met with them on the weekends just to go over overall theme/feel that we wanted for our wedding. It is such a nice and beautiful touch that they are able to do live music for our dinner and cocktail hours. The mood in the room was elegant and classy but once the DJ started it turned in to quite the partay! Jim really knows how to read the room, the dance floor was PACKED the whole night! It flew by so fast and we were so sad once it was the last song! They are well worth every penny, and we are sooooo happy that we chose FSS!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Deb · Married on 04/28/2018

Great group all around! Was recommended by my friend who also used their services. The live band was perfect for what we were looking for. We had a few last minute songs my parents really wanted to hear and they were totally accommodating and did an amazing job with it. DJ did an amazing job and played all of our requests. Dance floor was filled the entire time. Was very affordable and totally worth every cent.

Sent on 07/05/2018

Katie · Married on 04/21/2018

We hired Full Swing Sound for dj and photobooth for our wedding and I am so glad we did. I especially love that Jim worked with us to make the photobooth strip so custom, which turned out amazing. I recommend them to anyone and they will be doing my sister's wedding next year.

Sent on 06/06/2018