Frostings Bake Shop Reviews

33 | Glen Allen, VA

33 Reviews for Frostings Bake Shop

Rachel · Married on 08/02/2020

Delicious, easy to work with

We ordered more than the recommended cupcakes for our wedding size and still ran out because they were so good. Frostings did a great job, customizes as much as you want, let us get a few extra vegan/gluten free cupcakes without extra charges, and did our small, 2 tier cutting cake for a reasonable price.

Sent on 03/17/2020
  • Kathryn

Kathryn Bradt · Married on 12/07/2019

Always my favorite cupcakes!

Frostings was my favorite bakery before getting engaged, so I knew they'd be the perfect choice for my wedding. They were amazing to work with, from the tasting to delivery on my wedding day.

Matt is the nicest person to work with and made the whole process seamless and easy - plus, there are so many flavors to choose from, including allergen-free options.

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Maggie

Maggie Tripp · Married on 04/13/2019

Tasteful and lovely

My husband and I loved using Frostings for our dessert! They made everything easy and put our cake setting together beautifully! Our cupcakes and cake were so tasty and everyone at our wedding loved them! We will definitely be coming back to frostings!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2018

Best Wedding Cake and Cupcakes!

Frostings has the BEST cupcakes! We were very impressed when we went to our free tasting. Every cupcake we tried was amazing which made the decision to book with them easy, but the choice of which cupcakes and cake for the wedding difficult. Matt was easy to work with and made the whole process run smoothly. He showed up promptly on the day of the wedding to deliver the cake and cupcakes taking one less stress off our plate. Our cutter cake turned out exactly how I wanted and our guests loved the cupcakes. Many said they even took some to go! I plan to continue enjoying Frostings cupcakes for years to come!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Becca · Married on 09/02/2018

Matt Kluge and his team at Frostings was amazing! We had them do cupcakes for our wedding. We were able to pick three flavors and we loved that they had gluten free options as well. All of our guests raved about the cupcakes, and we had people taking the extras home they enjoyed them so much! Matt was so easy to work with. He was easy to get in touch with, punctual, and very friendly. We will definitely be visiting the shop often to get our cupcake fix!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Amy · Married on 05/27/2018

Matt and the team at Frostings did a great job with our wedding cake and cupcakes. He provided ideas and was flexible to accommodate our preferences. And, it was all delicious!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Jennifer · Married on 12/02/2017

I am so glad I went with Frostings for my wedding cake and cupcakes. They did such an amazing job with my special request! I knew from the moment I met with them, they were going to be the right people to handle my wedding cake.

A little bit of background, my wedding was in December of 2017 and we had a Star Wars themed wedding. I wanted some pretty intricate cakes and cupcakes featuring Star Wars designs - a sarlaac pit, some wampas, Luke's hut, the usual. They took my ideas and made them a thousand times better than I could ever imagine!

Everyone couldn't stop talking about how amazing the cakes and cupcakes were! There were barely any leftovers by the time our wedding was over! I couldn't be more happy with Frostings and how professional they were. Their cakes and cupcakes are also DELICIOUS and they have a wide variety of flavors to choose from! Thank you so much for making our day unforgettable, Frostings!

(Photos by Nathan Mitchell Photography)

Sent on 03/01/2018

Julie · Married on 05/28/2017

I feel like I can’t say enough great things about Frostings! My husband and I got married in May 2017 and they provided cupcakes and a small cutting cake for the ceremony. The cupcakes/cake were beautiful AND delicious. We rented the display stand and the whole set-up looked so nice on the day of the wedding. Casey was so helpful, enthusiastic, and communicative throughout the whole process. We would highly recommend Frostings to anyone looking for tasty cupcakes for their wedding – or any other event!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Brianna · Married on 05/28/2017

I got married on June 17, 2017 and I have nothing but good things to say about Frostings Bake Shop. If you are anything like me you love desserts and know what a good cupcake tastes like when you have one. I went to three different shops to try cupcakes and Frostings Bake Shop won my vote. Their cupcakes are so moist and they are willing to create any flavor you envision. I worked with Casey when I booked with them and she was fabulous as well. She wanted to know how I wanted my cupcakes and cake decorated and displayed at my wedding, so I sent her a picture from Pinterest. When I saw my cake and cupcakes for the first time they looked exactly like the picture I had sent her. I honestly thought something was going to be left out but everything was exactly how I asked it to be. With all that being said, I would highly recommend future couples booking them for any special events!

Sent on 07/11/2017
  • User7195662 · 2+ years ago

Casey was very helpful and responsive. Since I didn't live locally, she was very flexible in working with our schedule. This is my favorite cupcake place in Richmond. All of the guests loved the cupcakes as well! I should have ordered more of the "fun" flavors (Tiramisu) and less of the "boring" flavors (vanilla cake with chocolate icing).

Sent on 09/12/2016
  • Hope

Hope · Married on 07/31/2016

Frostings Bake Shop located in the West End is wonderful place to book your upcoming wedding cupcakes and cutting cake. My fiancé and I just submitted our deposit to reserve Frostings for our July wedding. Casey the Wedding Coordinator is amazing. She is very quick to answer all of my questions and so very helpful. We are going to have a two tier wedding cake and then cupcakes for our guests. We are so excited for something different yet fun when it comes to wedding cakes!

Sent on 03/01/2016

Sydney · Married on 06/25/2016

Casey was awesome to work with in choosing cupcakes for our wedding! She was so accommodating and provided great and practical ideas to choose from! Choosing cupcake flavors was definitely the most fun part of wedding planning! Frostings offered use SEVERAL free cupcakes to taste test! This only made choosing that much harder as they are all delicious! We would recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Preston · Married on 05/14/2016

Frostings created beautiful and delicious cupcakes and a small cutting cake for our wedding. We are so glad we chose them! They were easy to work with and very reasonably priced. Everything arrived on time and the setup was beautiful! It was hard to narrow down the flavors we wanted since they are all so tasty!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Janine · Married on 11/21/2015

We are huge fans of Frostings cupcakes and decided that they were who we wanted for our wedding. We were not disappointed! Their team was easy to work with and created exactly the design that we wanted for our cake. Our guests loved the cupcakes and we were able with their overall service.

Sent on 01/10/2016

We used Frostings for our cupcakes and wedding cake. We had the raspberry cheesecake, apple pie, and vanilla/chocolate cupcakes, and a funfetti cake for our cutting cake. Everything was absolutely delicious! We used an old ladder to display our cupcakes, and Frostings was very flexible and happy to work with us to make sure everything looked great. The staff was also very friendly and quick to respond to any questions!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Aine · Married on 06/20/2015

Frostings provided our cutting cake, grooms cake, cupcakes and cupcake tower and everything was amazing! Their products are beyond delicious and their service is unmatched. Amanda, our event coordinator, was responsive, helpful and always on top of everything. This was the first wedding I've ever seen where there was no leftover cake -- everyone went back for seconds and thirds. Thanks, Frostings!

Sent on 07/10/2015

Kelli · Married on 10/18/2014

Frostings provides amazing service and the most delicious cupcakes. They allow you to pick everything you want from flavor to design and themes. They are a must at your wedding!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Marlee · Married on 09/14/2014

Amanda and Frostings were an absolute dream to work with! The tasting with Amanda was so comfortable and laid back and they let us try as many cupcakes as we wanted. Amanda was also very prompt with responding to our e-mails (and there were many!) about decoration and flavor questions. We ended up going with a combination of Red Velvet and Carrot Cake cupcakes (our two favorite cake flavors) and our cutting cake was Apple Pie flavored. Everything turned out so beautiful and delicious and we had several guests coming up to us to compliment the cupcakes and a few people were even wrapping cupcakes up in napkins to take home with them! I would definitely recommend Frostings to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 10/01/2014

I LOVE Frostings cupcakes, which made them the obvious choice for my wedding, but I was also incredibly impressed with Amanda and the service from Frostings. The tasting was great, laid back, and incredibly helpful. It was so nice to have the option to rent the cupcake tower from the bakeshop, because I certainly didn't need to buy a stand I'd never use again. The guests loved have 4 options for dessert and everyone raved about every flavor (we had Lemon Bliss, Strawberries and Champagne, Smores, and GF Hummingbird). Frostings was also a great option because I have several family members with Celiac's Disease that cannot consume gluten. The GF hummingbird was delicious and gave them a great dessert option that even non-gluten free guests loved. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/06/2014

Morgan · Married on 06/21/2014

Frostings did a wonderful job on our cake and cupcakes. They were beautiful and delicious and they accommodated the gluten free needs of some of my guests easily. They were able to work with us on our tight schedule and everything turned out absolutely amazing.

Sent on 10/08/2014

Amy · Married on 05/17/2014

I worked with Amanda at the bakery trying my make my beach theme come alive. She was very easy to talk to. I know I wanted cupcakes and then a small cutting cake. My husband and I tried a ton of flavors. The bakery had options for coloring the frosting and different designs for cupcake toppers. She was very nice to work with and responded within 24 hours.

Sent on 06/01/2014

Frostings was one of my favorite vendors to work with for our wedding. Amanda was wonderful, as she was SO personable, hospitable, professional, reliable, great to work with all around. She made our experience a joy. We loved our beautiful frostings cake & cupcakes - they were gorgeous and delicious. I highly recommend Frostings for any special event.

Sent on 09/24/2014

Rebecca · Married on 03/14/2014

We had wedding cupcakes. They were delicious and beautiful! They even made some gluten free, vegan for some of our guests and those tasted amazing too!

Sent on 11/28/2014

Traci · Married on 10/13/2013

Frostings was wonderful and cupcakes were incredible! The staff even drove my cupcakes to me at the last minute for a very small fee (60+ miles). All my guests loved the idea of cupcakes and Frostings made me a beautiful cutting cake to go with them. They were easy to work with and were willing to do any of their flavors even if they weren't a current flavor.

Sent on 12/28/2013

Liz · Married on 06/02/2013

There is nothing that I can say about Frostings that hasn't already been said. Their product is amazing, their customer service is ridiculously awesome and their prices are beyond reasonable, even for someone with a strict budget. I can't thank Frostings enough for the beautiful job they did on our cupcake tower and cake topper. Not to mention, they made us a free cake for our 1 year anniversary! So sweet and so unexpected. I love, love, love Frostings and will be a customer for life. A special shout-out to Amanda who answered all of my questions promptly and was a dream to work with. Thanks again, Amanda! You're the best!

Sent on 06/25/2014