Frosting Fanatic Reviews

43 Reviews for Frosting Fanatic

• Sheena

Sheena Esparza · Married on 10/16/2020

Delicious fantastic Wedding Cake

Frosting Fanatic is such an amazing wedding cake service! She is so sweet and her cake and cupcakes are the absolutely delicious! The very best I’ve ever tasted! Her Communication skills are amazing, and she made my vision come to life the way I wanted my wedding cake to look! I would totally recommend Frosting Fanatic!

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/10/2020

Frosting Fanatic is true to their name!

Incredibly delicious! Kristen is such a wonderful home baker! We opted for a 2 tier cake and cupcakes for our guests and they were all the rage at our wedding. The cakes were so moist and the frosting was to die for. My husband is very picky when it comes to smooth frosting and Kristen won him over at our tasting. Even our son, who doesn't like cake, ate his whole cupcake at the tasting. She accommodated all of our requests and made executed perfectly. The Rum buttercream with marble cake was my absolute favorite but you can't go wrong with any of her combinations. Thank you Kristen!

Sent on 10/22/2020
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Delgado · Married on 10/10/2020

Delicious wedding cake!

I just want to say thank you! Kristen is so so SO sweet! She is so great at communicating which is exactly what you want from vendors! We had a 2 layer cake for our wedding which was a marble cake with chocolate buttercream & lemon cake with raspberry buttercream. SO YUMMY!!! It was so hard to choose from the samples we tried, they were all so yummy! Our guest devoured the cake it was so delicious! Thank you Kristen! I’m so glad I found someone who’s cakes I love! Cant wait to host more parties so I can order more cakes! 😍

Sent on 11/11/2020
  • Brianna

Brianna Lillibridge · Married on 09/19/2020

Beautiful cake matched with a delicious dessert bar

Planning a wedding during COVID was quite the challenge but Kristen (the owner) made the whole cake process super simple. She gladly worked with me and my husband when we had to reschedule our big day. I really appreciated that she was proactive to make sure we knew what questions to ask the venue so that our cake would be stored/displayed appropriately. We wanted a really elegant wedding, so we ordered a 7 tier cake (not all were actually cake) and got a four option dessert bar. All of it came out BEYOND what I could’ve imagined and tasted SO yummy! I got one bite of cake the entire night and was bummed that there wasn’t any extra. The owner of the wedding venue even asked me for the info for Frosting Fanatic because she was so impressed with how everything tasted. Overall the cake and dessert definitely made the day even “sweeter” and Kristen was such a gem to work with!

Sent on 09/30/2020
  • Kellie

Kellie · Married on 08/09/2020

Excellent Job

If you're looking for someone to make you a beautiful and delicious buttercream cake AND a dessert table, look no further! Kristen did a FABULOUS job. We received sooo many compliments from our guests, and honestly even several days later I can't keep my hands off the cake because its so yummy! Professionally, Kristen was on time, kind, and receptive to our needs. She was also very flexible when we had to postpone our June wedding to August due to COVID. I can't stress her excellence enough. Thank you Kristen!

Sent on 08/12/2020
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Sico · Married on 08/02/2020

Yummy Cake

Kirsten did a great job with our cake for our wedding. Initially we were going to do a 2-tier cake and a dessert bar, but then Covid hit and we had to postpone. Then we had to scale down to a micro-wedding. Kristen was still able to provide just the cake. She was flexible with all of our rescheduling due to Covid complications. The cake was beautiful and delicious. Many complements from our family on the cake. Kristen was reasonably priced and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 09/06/2020
  • Kellie

Kellie · Married on 02/29/2020

Delicious & Beautiful!

This review comes long overdue. I chose to work with Kristen for my February wedding and absolutely LOVED my cake and cupcakes! We were hooked right from our tasting which was set up so easily for us- where we got to sample different cake/frosting pairings and take some home as well. Everything was perfect on our wedding day and we can’t wait for our anniversary so we get to have it again! The Almond/Marble combo is my favorite and I highly recommend!! Kristen is the sweetest and so professional, I'd order with her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/18/2020
  • Kiela

Kiela Roznos · Married on 12/28/2019

Your Taste Buds will THANK YOU!!

Kristen is an at home baker which is what I was hoping for when looking for in a baker for our wedding cake. I am so appreciative of her opening up her home for us last minute to taste my top 4 flavors of cake and icing as I was an out of state bride that was only in town for a week to meet with vendors. Let me tell you I devoured all the cupcakes she made for our tasting. Both myself and my mother in law were very happy with how everything tasted. My husband isn’t much of a cake eater but he sure enjoyed the yummy cake she provided us for our wedding day and even went back for seconds. The cake she baked for us was absolutely stunning! Our florist added some florals but the taste of this cake was just as good if not better than the day we had our tasting. We had multiple guests asking for more and curious to know more about our baker. I only wish we lived closer so I could use her more often for my cake and baking needs. If you’re looking for a baker don’t look any further and use Frosting Fanatic you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 01/08/2020

Melissa · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing cake and owner!

Kristen was absolutely amazing! We hired frosting fanatic for our semi-naked wedding cake, it was designed beautifully and also tasted extremely good! She responded fast to every inquiry we had, I highly recommend frosting fanatic to anyone looking for a special event cake or any cake! Great quality and customer service.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Diane Christiansen · Married on 10/12/2019

Frosting Fanatic is outstanding!!!

Frosting Fanatic was an excellent choice for my daughters wedding cake. Kristen was so wonderful in every way, from the first communication to the incredible cake. People are still talking about tier wedding cake!! We loved it!!! Thanks so very much!!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda S · Married on 10/04/2019

Amazing Experience!

Frosting Fanatic was an excellent choice for our wedding! From the initial tasting until the wedding day, the owner, Kristen, was friendly and communicative and her pricing is very reasonable. She was very helpful at our tasting when we weren’t happy with some of the icing/cake flavor combinations we had selected. Kristen suggested alternative options which were the perfect match. We selected a German chocolate cake/rum icing combination for the wedding cake and three different combinations for the cupcakes (vanilla cake/almond icing, chocolate cake/raspberry icing, and lemon cake/strawberry icing).

On our wedding day, everything arrived on time and was set up perfectly. The cake and cupcakes turned out beautifully and were just as we had described to Kristen. The guests commented that everything was delicious! I was able to try a few of the leftover cupcakes (which, by the way, were still delicious and moist a few days after the wedding), but was disappointed that the only wedding cake I had was one bite for the photos during the cake cutting. Less than a month later, I am already a repeat customer! I contacted Kristen to create a small wedding “do-over” cake for my one-month anniversary. I am very excited to pick it up this weekend and surprise my husband. Now that the wedding is over, we will have time to sit down and enjoy Kristen’s fantastic creation! I will definitely continue to be a repeat customer.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Garbo · Married on 09/28/2019

Best cake ever

Kristen was really easy and professional to work with. She's very prompt to answer any questions you might have. But the best part are her cupcakes and wedding cake. They taste sooooo amazing. Her cupcakes and wedding cake will taste exactly like they do at the tasting. She offers many different kinds of buttercreams and cake flavors - I highly recommend the Almond buttercream with marble cake! I cannot recommend her enough - she even offers a free 6-inch replica wedding cake on your anniversary when you send her the professional pictures of her cake. Frosting Fanatic is simply amazing!

Sent on 11/12/2019

NORA · Married on 08/22/2019

Frosting Fanatic Equals Frosting FANTASTIC!

I just got married Thursday, August 22, 2019. As an avid baker with a nut allergy and someone with a serious sweet tooth, the wedding cake was critical to my big day. Kristen at Frosting Fanatic understood my vision and executed the perfect dessert table!

Her flavors are simple and clean. Her design aesthetic beautiful and elegant. There isn't much she can't do but more importantly, it tastes GREAT! Guests from my wedding are still talking about it. (My dessert table consisted of a two-tiered wedding cake -Top tier was lemon cake/strawberry buttercream and German Chocolate Cake/coconut buttercream on the bottom), an assortment of mini fried pies, two types of cupcakes (marble cake/rum buttercream and red velvet cake/vanilla buttercream) and a surprise Groom's Cake designed in a race car theme - chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!

Pricing was completely reasonable and the really cool thing about Kristen is that she doesn't try to upsell you. She works within your budget and helps you figure out exactly what you need so you don't have desserts go to waste. I'm telling everyone that reads this...consider her for your wedding, party, birthday, anniversary or if you just want a good cake.

Thank you, Kristen, for your guidance, talent and making my wedding desserts AWESOME!

Sent on 08/28/2019

Kevin George · Married on 06/29/2019

Can't imagine a better experience!

We were very lucky to have found Kristen to provide our wedding desserts (in addition to our sweetheart cake, we offered cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries, and truffles!). She was an absolute delight to work with from the moment we reached out to her – always positive, helpful, and fun! We had a great time at our tasting, not only because her desserts are amazing but because she was so personally invested making sure we got just what we wanted. We took a while figuring out our final order over the weeks preceding the wedding, but Kristen was patient and supportive the whole way. She also helped us pull off our homage to When Harry Met Sally, creating a delicious chocolate sauce “on the side” of our coconut cake.

Unfortunately we didn’t get to interact with Kristen on our wedding day as we were busily taking pictures and bustling about. But the desserts were a highlight for our guests, and the display table looked incredible. We truly wish we could have spent more time with Kristen during the whole process, not because we needed to but because we wanted to.

We couldn’t recommend Kristen more highly for your wedding or other special event. Thanks Kristen!

Sent on 08/11/2019

Taichie · Married on 06/01/2019

Delicious Sweets and a wonderful person to work with!

Kristen invited us to her home for a tasting. She was warm, friendly, and informative. We previously selected a few flavor combinations that we thought we'd like and she had the cupcakes with different buttermilk frosting ready for us on arrival.

It was an easy and tough decision because they all were so good! We ended up mixing and matching and going the cost effective route by having a small two tiered cake that feeds 40 with two different flavors and 8 dozen cupcakes or various flavors and frosting.
    They were a hit for 140 people! What was also great is with Frosting Fanatic, we were able to save so much money because she is a baker that works out of her home. She is licensed, insured, and legitimate but Brides and Grooms get to save money because she uses her home kitchen!
    I'd definitely hire Kristen again! The sweets were amazing!

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Kayley

Kayley Criscuolo · Married on 05/26/2019

Overall great experience and the BEST cake!

We were so impressed from our first email to the wedding day with how professional and responsive Kristen has been. She is so sweet and very helpful! We made some changes through the process and she was totally fine with it. Her prices are sooo reasonable. And the CAKE...sooo good. We got 100+cupcakes and a two-tier cake and our guests were ranting and raving about it. Thank you so much, Kristen!

Sent on 07/25/2019
  • Bella

Bella Woolley · Married on 05/10/2019

You will not be disappointed!

I cannot say enough amazing things about Kristen and Frosting Fanatic!! All of the desserts we had at our wedding were absolutely delicious, especially our wedding cake!! Kristen was super accommodating and so welcoming- we live in Las Vegas, were have our wedding in Palm Springs and she truly made it a breeze in finding the right combos of flavors that fit us best.

We wanted to keep our wedding cake minimalistic, to go with our rustic theme and she did not disappoint! She captured and delivered everything we envisioned for our cake, cupcakes, cookies and other desserts. We have been married almost a year and my husband and I still talk about how great our cake was!!

Go with Frosting Fanatics, you will NOT be disappointed!!

Sent on 04/28/2020
  • Heidi

Heidi · Married on 03/29/2019

Best cake and dessert bar ever!

Kristen is truly amazing! Her work is phenomenal, and her customer service is above and beyond amazing. She made our wedding day so special by being open and honest about what we wanted for our cake and dessert bar. She listened to everything we were thinking about having, provided clear and honest insight to what would be beneficial, and what wouldn’t be, and really helped us put together an amazing dessert bar, and created the most delicious 4-tier cake. I highly recommend working with her!

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 03/23/2019

Still Dreaming of Our Wedding Cake! A Masterpiece!

Kristen whipped up the wedding cake of our DREAMS!!! We met with her a few months before our wedding for the yummiest tasting (we chose a few different cake and frosting combinations ahead of time) and truly enjoyed how creative and talented she was when the time came to brainstorm all of the lovely possibilities. She also has the patience of a saint because I felt like a super overwhelmed and indecisive bride with all of the amazingness she has to offer, haha. We ended up with a delicious (and beautiful!!) three tiered cake. Each tier was a different cake/frosting combo, and we loved having that variety! We also topped our order off with a bunch of delicious cupcakes. Now to my favorite part: the cake was the prettiest pastel peach ombré color!!! And the flowers our florist decorated the cake with was the icing on the cake of Kristen’s masterpiece. ;) Bottom line - Kristen executed our vision exquisitely and we recommend her all the way for any cake occasion! A few family and friends came with us on a trip to Joshua Tree the day after the wedding, and we all sat outside on the curb devouring the rest of the cake until it was completely gone, and that’s a special memory we’ll never ever forget. xoxo

Sent on 06/13/2019

Katie · Married on 12/30/2018

Frosting Fanatic is amazing!

Kristen does an amazing job! She is professional, kind, and the quality of her product is to die for. I received so many compliments on the cupcakes I had at my wedding! I highly recommend her and will be using her in the future. Thanks Kristen!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Stephanie · Married on 12/01/2018

Absolutely amazing

My cake was everything I wanted and more , each tier was a different flavor and each tasted so delicious. Kristen Hawes was super kinda And so easy to work with . Everything on time and absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Katrina · Married on 11/02/2018

Best Wedding Cupcakes Ever!

Kristen was so easy to work with. Not only did she make beautiful cupcakes and cake, they tasted fantastic as well! They were a huge hit with our guests and they loved the variety of cake and icing flavors. We are so glad we found Frosting Fanstic for our wedding day!

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 11/01/2018

Best Buttercream!!

My husband and I had a few cake tastings. Kristen, your cake and buttercream is by far the best I have ever tried. And thank you so so much for such a beautiful cake.!!

Sent on 01/23/2020
  • Lena

Lena · Married on 10/06/2018

More than pleased

We chose Frosting Fanatic for our 10/6/18 Wedding and I am so glad that we did, We met with Kristen 5 months earlier to have a cake tasting and decided on the spot that we wanted her to make our cake and cupcakes, everything tasted amazing..On our wedding day she did not disappoint she set up our cake table to look so beautiful and if possible the cake and cupcakes were even better than I remembered, I received so many compliments on the desserts...
    I would definitely recommend Frosting Fanatic...Thank You Kristen you are Awesome!

Sent on 10/24/2018

emily · Married on 09/02/2018

Our cake was DELICIOUS! We had a small cut cake and then 4 different flavors of cupcakes that our guests raved about! Kristen was so great to work with and is such a talented baker. Hiring her was easily one of our best choices!

Sent on 09/03/2018