The Frosted Fox Cake Shop Reviews

56 Reviews for The Frosted Fox Cake Shop

• Stephanie

Stephanie Castellanos · Married on 10/20/2019

WOW! just wow!!!

We gave such a short time frame. Ordering the cake just a couple of days before our wedding. The team at Frosted Fox Cake Shop were so amazing and our cake turned out great. Considering the time frame we didn't have a cake testing but it was quite possibly the best cake we ever had. Everyone loved it and asked where the cake was from and I know they will be going there often. I know where we will be going to for our cakes from now on as well. Thank you so much to the team for helping us have the cake of our dreams for our wedding day.

Sent on 10/21/2019

The Frosted Fox Cake Shop's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review! Congratulations on your wedding, I hope it was really wonderful!
  • Bob

Bob · Married on 10/19/2019

The Frosted Fox was quite literally the icing on the cake at our wedding...

My partner and I were a little all over the place with ideas for the cake. I kept pinning new ideas, but I narrowed it down to a few. Once we scheduled a tasting and consultation, we obviously got a better idea on what flavor we wanted. I showed her my top favorite ideas and she really ran with it! She ended up combining a few elements from each and created one gorgeous masterpiece... and it tasted as good as it looked!

Sent on 01/20/2020
  • Andrew

Andrew · Married on 09/21/2019

Perfect bakery for our wedding cake

Frosted Fox Cake did an incredible job with our wedding cake! They were very attentive to our design ideas and helped us put together the perfect cake package for our wedding. And the flavor...wow. The cakes not only look good, they taste amazing. We highly recommend!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Cait

Cait · Married on 06/08/2019

Adorable shop, incredible creations!

I ordered a groom's cake for my husband as a surprise for our rehearsal dinner. The Frosted Fox team was so responsive to my emails and requests for specific decorations, colors, flavors, etc. I must have emailed them at least a dozen time and they were always polite, helpful, and so fun to work with! They even accommodated to let me pick the cake up a day early to relieve some week-of wedding planning stress.

They're a very talented team of bakers and designers, and I highly recommend them for everything from special cookie favors to complex wedding cakes. Thanks so much for the amazing treats!

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/11/2019

Frosted Fox Wedding Cake!

We picked Frosted Fox to make our wedding cake because the owner graduated from my younger sister/MOH's high school in Germantown, Phila. Jennifer was super easy to work with. Their shop is mall but they made room for our group for our cake tasting. We picked flavors we loved and went for a simple cake decoration. They delivered! The cake was simple and beautiful. Their shop is so easy to work with, very responsive, and overall lovely. Make sure to grab some cookies when you stop in to their shop!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Allon

Allon · Married on 04/20/2019

A Beautiful AND Delicious Wedding Cake!

Jenny and the Frosted Fox team were a dream to work with. They very quickly understood our vision for our wedding day and worked collaboratively with us to design a cake that was visually stunning and tasted amazing. We’re very particular dessert lovers, and searched far and wide for the best cake in the Philly area—Frosted Fox was by far the standout with a delicious, moist cake and perfectly balanced buttercream. Their artistry in the decorations was also top-notch. Thank you to the Frosted Fox team for making the best wedding cake we could have imagined!

Sent on 05/15/2019

Hallie · Married on 12/28/2018

So good -- warn guests to save room!!!

We used FF to handle desserts for our December wedding. The entire experience was just fabulous. A cake/cupcake tasting can become overwhelming, but Jen helped so much with the process. As we went through all the combinations of flavors/icings, she helped us arrive at several that would work well together but would also tie into the meals served for dinner. We opted for cupcakes and they were beautifully iced & displayed. And the taste! Our guests raved about how moist the cupcakes were and how tasty the icings were without being overly sweet. We had a small carrot cake with cream cheese icing for cutting and my hubby/I finished the entire piece on the plate!! If you choose FF for your dessert needs, you will not be disappointed!!!!

Sent on 01/12/2019
  • caitlin

caitlin · Married on 11/03/2018

Best Cake Ever!

Jen and her team at Frosted Fox exceeded our wedding cake expectations. Jen made it so easy to work with them and design our perfect cake. It was delicious and looked so beautiful day of. We are so grateful for them!

Sent on 11/06/2018
  • Valentina

Valentina Dimitrova · Married on 10/21/2018

Beautiful & Delicious Cake + Excellent Service

My husband and I had a wonderful experience with the Frosted Fox Cake Shop. Jenny took great care of us during the whole process: from a free but super-classy tasting experience, to an open-minded discussion of our flavor selection and design ideas to a perfect execution of our vision and timely delivery to the wedding venue, the Frosted Fox Cake Shop impressed us with their kindness and professionalism. We highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 03/04/2019
  • Kathryn

Kathryn Harr-Sponsler · Married on 10/21/2018

This Cake Made Our Wedding

Working with Jen and Sean was amazing - we wanted a Lego-themed cake that was still elegant. They delivered exactly what we asked (and drew them and showed them in pictures) and it tasted DELICIOUS. We had such fun with our son at the tasting and really felt like a part of their extended family. We are so lucky to have such talent so close by.

Sent on 04/06/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 10/13/2018

Delicious and Beautiful!

We made appts with three cake vendors, but we cancelled two after we tasted at The Frosted Fox - it was that good! Working with Jen was so easy. I sent her my inspiration cake, and she and her team brought it to life. The cake itself was delicious, and I have no doubt that we'll use their bakery many more times to come. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/07/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/12/2018

Frosted Fox Takes the Cake!

We had a really easy time choosing Frosted Fox as our wedding cake vendor. We knew we wanted to support a local business, and from the first contact, Jen was amazing to work with. We did visit another bakery in the area as well, but the service at Frosted Fox felt so much more personal. Jen was at our tasting, emailed with us ahead of time about what flavors we wanted, walked us through the design and ordering process on site, and was amazingly accommodating and patient with my many, many questions. Rave reviews from the bride, groom, and all of our guests. Our cake was extremely simple compared to what Frosted Fox is capable of, but for us, the cake and the entire experience working with Jen and her team was perfect!

Sent on 03/05/2019

brittany · Married on 10/07/2018

Best cupcakes ever!!

Frosted Fox is fabulous! We could not have been happier with our wedding cupcake/cake experience there--the tasting was SO much fun, everything was to die for (which made our job of choosing insanely difficult), and Jenny gave us her undivided attention and made sure we were getting exactly what we wanted. The cake (lemon) and 3 kinds of cupcakes (lemon, chocolate, carrot) were just beautiful on our wedding day last month, and we’re still getting compliments over a month later from our guests. Everyone RAVED about them. Pretty sure we’ve found our go-to bakery for all future events ;) Thanks for everything, FF!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Randi

Randi · Married on 10/07/2018

Amazing, so happy.

We live in Mt Airy and were already fans of the delightful bakeshop in our neighborhood. FF is amazing and the owners are always there working of things, which I think speaks so highly of the business. Their cookies, cakes and lemon bars are killer. SO good. I knew I wanted to do a cake tasting there the second we got engaged. Even though we had 18 months between our engagement and our wedding, I reached out to FF right away to get details about a cake tasting. We didn't even bother going anywhere else. We LOVED the tasting. Jenny gave us space to play with the flavors ourselves and then cake back when we were ready to talk us through the process. Of course the cake was delicious and we're counting down the days for our first anniversary to taste our cake all over again. Thanks Jenny and Sean!

Sent on 03/04/2019
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 09/22/2018

The most delicious/beautiful wedding cake

You guys. Hands down the best cake I have ever eaten, and I'm a baker myself. Jen made my wedding cake for my 9/22 wedding and to say she knocked it out of the park is an understatement. Her pumpkin cake is to die for. I actually have dreams about it, that's how good it is. I asked for a 4 tier naked cake (we picked different flavors and frostings for every tier) and when I arrived at the venue (a very non-traditional aircraft hangar wedding) and saw the cake I actually screamed, that's how good it looked. She was an absolute pleasure to work with, and we will be buying many more cakes from her in the future.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Chris Whitten · Married on 09/22/2018

Great Experience

My wife and I loved working with Jennifer and Sean. They were extremely helpful and patient during the consultation and the finished product was fantastic. We couldn't have had a better experience working with The Frosted Fox for our wedding cake.

Sent on 04/03/2019

Emily Sternfeld · Married on 09/22/2018

Lovely tasty cake!

We had such a great experience working with Jennifer on our wedding cake and beautiful cookies for our guest welcome bags! Not only were both stunning, but also very delicious.

Sent on 04/12/2019

Elena · Married on 08/18/2018

Jenny was absolutely wonderful to work with, and our wedding cake was INSANELY good. Highly recommend The Frosted Fox! My husband and I both love sweets and were so looking forward to our wedding cake. Jenny made the whole experience amazing from beginning to end. Our tasting was so fun and memorable - Jenny made us cupcakes in each of the flavors we requested, with little containers with the frostings and fillings. She had lots of cake designs for us to look over, we got to take home the leftovers, and she gave us some free coffee, too! It was a great experience! Jenny executed our cake flawlessly for the wedding day, and all of our guests raved and raved about it. People who don't even like cake were eating several slices of it. My husband and I have lamented several times that we live too far away (NYC) to get her cakes for special occasions! (Though, I found out recently that my husband almost drove down there one day to surprise me with one - seriously, it's THAT good.) Thanks so much, Jenny!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Emily · Married on 07/21/2018

Frosted Fox was a fantastic bakery to work with for our wedding cake. They created a beautiful cake for my wedding in July 2018. Jennifer was incredibly responsive to all of my inquiries and had some good photos of other cakes that they had designed that were similar to what I was looking for. And best of all, the cake was SO DELICIOUS!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Alex · Married on 06/02/2018

We chose to do our cake tasting and ultimately our wedding cake at Frosted Fox because of their wide variety of flavor options along with their beautiful gallery of cakes, and we are SO glad that we did! The cake tasting allows you to mix and match 4 cake flavors, 4 fillings, and 4 frostings in order to create the perfect combination. We chose to go with a 4 tiered cake - 2 tiers of Lemon cake with cinnamon cream cheese filling, and 2 tiers of carrot cake with cinnamon cream cheese filling. The whole cake was frosted with vanilla buttercream. It really was one of the most delicious cakes I have ever eaten and all of our guests LOVED it.

We chose the appearance of our cake based on a similar cake in their gallery, and it turned out amazing. There was some concern as the design we liked used fondant while we did not want any fondant, however Frosted Fox still managed to create the perfect looking cake using strictly buttercream. We could not be happier with what we ended up with!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Jennifer · Married on 06/02/2018

Picking out our cake was the first thing my husband and I did ... because, cake! We thought we would shop around for a while before picking a baker but after our first visit to the Frosted Fox we were sold. Working with Jenny and Sean was great from start to finish. The tasting at their shop was so much fun. The variety of flavors and fillings was overwhelming but Jenny guided us through all of it. My husband and I have very different taste preferences but we both were able to decided on flavors and fillings that we both loved - lemon and raspberry for the main and top tier, chocolate chip with chocolate mousse for the second tier, and vanilla and strawberry for the third tier. Our guests raved about the cake and kept saying how delicious it was. From start to finish Frosted Fox was responsive, within our price point, and on time. We didn't have a single issue with them and couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 08/09/2018

Jan · Married on 05/12/2018

Several of our guests told us it was the best tasting cake they'd ever had at a wedding and I agree! Really tasty. Jennifer was also really helpful and responsive throughout the entire process, delivery was on time, and the cake looked amazing! Definitely my go-to bakery for future cakes.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Shakeeda · Married on 01/26/2018

The frosted fox made my wedding a dream come true, my cake and cupcakes were amazing, moist and delicious. They were very professional from the first day we met them . My husband and i would Recommend this place everyone who wants delicious good quality pastries and cakes .

Forever pleased Mike & Keeda

Sent on 06/06/2018

tara · Married on 11/25/2017

Walked into this shop and died. Its amazing. So beautiful and welcoming – I live two hours + away – We stopped to just get a cupcake and decided if the cupcake was good we would book that day.. long story short it was TOOOO DIEEE FORRR. Best decision we made – every single aspect was perfect – we had a stress free time – every call, email answered quickly… I wont lie.. I have a hard to please Italian family all from up north NJ/NYC areas – & butter cream is life to them.. I couldn’t believe how many compliments I got about the cake. Tons!!!!! Usually u look around and cake pieces are left on the table –not mine.. every single slice GONE. Even after the fact people were still telling me how amazing it was. We even ordered another smaller cake for anniversaries and birthdays for people who were sharing our day.. I let them do whatever they wanted.. umm it was out of this world – every detail beautiful. Thank you guys soooo much for absolutely everything you did for us on 11.25.17 – If you’re looking for an amazing, instagram, pinterest worthy cake – look no further. This is the place to use. <3 Tara & Rob.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/07/2017

We hired the frosted fox for our wedding and I could not be happier. The cake is THE BEST cake I have ever eaten. We ordered enough for 100 people but only 60 came and yet ALL THE CAKE WAS GONE. Everyone had more than one slice and people took it home it was so good. Also, they worked with us to understand what we wanted from our cake. We wanted something simple, and they managed to make it look simple yet not boring. I will post photos when I receive my photos back from my photographer.

I seriously can't speak highly enough of this bakery, for weddings especially, but for anything honestly. We frequently go in just to buy other sweets because everything is just SO GOOD. Also, as a bonus, it's owned and run by a husband and wife and they are super duper nice and have the most adorable baby daughter who is with them sometimes at the bakery.

I might need to go back to order another mini wedding cake. It was THAT GOOD. If you are looking for a kind, professional, DELICIOUS, beautiful, and reasonable wedding cake bakery, look no further, you have found it!

Sent on 10/19/2017