9 Reviews for Frontier Culture Museum of Virginia

Covered Outdoor (1)
Tents (1)
9 Frontier Culture Museum of Virginia Reviews

3.9

When I first booked the Frontier Culture Museum, I was in love! Everyone was so friendly and accommodating, the price was excellent, and the venue was beautiful. Unfortunately, nine months before our wedding a new event coordinator, Erin, was hired. Speaking with her close to the wedding, she tried to institute things that were not in my contract (such as no flamed candles and having an ABC beverage license). We were told that we could not come to the venue the night before to set up because there was another event going on (initially we were told we could come as long as there wasn't another wedding) but our decorator came the night before and set up and told us there was no event going on. We also had to call when we arrived at the venue to get someone to unlock the doors even though Erin told me she would have the building unlocked at 8AM the day of. It rained the day of our wedding and I was trying to go to the bottom part of the barn to get out of the rain around 1:30PM only to find out that they had locked the doors after we had already been in there that morning, so I had to stand in the rain in my wedding dress, hair, and makeup while we waited for Erin to show up and unlock the doors again. The venue was gorgeous and the original staff was fantastic, but I am not a fan of the new coordinator. I think this venue is a great value for the money, but there was a lot of hassle the day of that could have been avoided if Erin would have done her job appropriately and professionally.

Photo for Frontier Culture Museum of Virginia Review - Original ceremony location - parking lot outside barn
Photo for Frontier Culture Museum of Virginia Review - Inside barn - ceremony was held here because of rain
Profile Picture Lindsay, 9/1/18, 2 Reviews
4.2

Frontier Culture had just what we were looking for in a wedding venue. Kari was easy to talk to and the price was excellent for what we got! I recommend them!

Profile Picture User6374962, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The frontier Culture Museum made for a beautiful location for my April wedding! Although it poured the rain and we had to reevaluate our wedding ceremony. I think they adjusted to our Rain plan beautifully. They were easy to work with and made my wedding day special. It is also nice the pavilion came with chairs and tables. Kerri was super responsive and made sure we had everything we needed.

Profile Picture Kayla, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up

The venue is a blank slate and you are able to really make it your own! The value is unbeatable!!! Karri is awesome to work with! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

The Octagonal Barn was the perfect setting for my daughter's recent wedding. The weather cooperated (perfect for a June wedding) so the ceremony and cocktail hour could be held outdoors. The staff was helpful, answered all questions in a timely manner, and let us decorate the barn to the couple's liking. Also, we were able to inexpensively rent a golf cart, for those who needed assistance, in moving from the amphitheater to the barn or parking lot. We were so pleased with the setting and heard so many positive comments from the guests.

Profile Picture User6892665, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kerri the event coordinator was very helpful and responsive through this process of planing our wedding. She answered every question we had and had helpful tips! The staff checked on us during the wedding but not intrusively and gave us everything we needed. This is a great venue for those who are into DIY. We transformed the barn into what we wanted. You can't beat the price!

Profile Picture User5640752, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Clean Up, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Tents

We chose the Octagonal Barn at the Frontier Culture Museum for our reception because we were excited by the rustic look, beautiful surroundings, and the blank canvas of the space that we could decorate. We were also thrilled not to have to rent chairs and tables. The staff was incredibly accommodating from our tour to the day of help. We have no regrets about this venue and couldn't believe we could afford it for our budget wedding. I whole heartedly recommend them!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/12/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our reception was at the outside pavilion. Everything was excellent!

Profile Picture User696841, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my reception in the Octagonal Barn and it was so beautiful. I'm so glad I found this place and that it was a reasonable price.

Profile Picture Randi, 5/30/09, 5 Reviews