Front Room Studios Reviews

38 Reviews for Front Room Studios

1 User photo

Front Room Studios 1

Maggie · Married on 11/11/2017

When I first started looking into photographers, I was very conscientious about price. We had initially gone over our budget to get the venue we wanted. I was really interested in Front Room just from going to their website and seeing all the reviews. When Eron reached out to me I thought I wouldn't be able to make it work due to price. He encouraged us to come in and take a look at the different photographer's work. Photographers are at different tiers of pricing depending on who you pick. When we got there, they had a welcome sign up for us and he met us after our shifts at work. He stayed as long as we needed to answer our questions. He showed us the portfolios and we instantly fell in love with Amanda's shots. I was still worried about the price but the Mr. and I talked it over and realized that if we wanted the best quality, it was worth it to pay the extra money. I did a phone meeting with her to go over details and then we met in person a few weeks before the wedding. We got a really good vibe from her; you could tell she knew what she was doing and enjoyed it. Wedding day came, and Amanda was AMAZING at directing family, bridal party, and us. Even the small things made a difference (turn head this way, no too much, drop shoulder, etc). She was quick and on point and was everywhere at once. Her assistant rocked too, and they put up with my pirate's mouth. A couple days later they posted the teaser photos and we. were. AMAZED. I teared up instantly. The shots were incredible and breathtaking. Amanda had a vision for everything and nothing was missed. Amanda and her assistant were very professional the whole time even when dealing with our crazy families. She knew what we wanted and didn't go off of what family wanted until we had gotten the shots we wanted. From consultation to wedding day, Front Room always made us feel heard and welcomed. It was worth every penny!!!

Alfsen · Married on 09/16/2017

We love Front Room! Best photos around! Great staff as well!

Front Room Studios 2

Megan · Married on 08/26/2017

There are not enough words to express how AMAZING our experience with Frontroom has been. They are incredibly helpful and make sure your wedding day is seamless. My family and I have worked with them on numerous occasions and their work never ceases to amaze me!

Jennifer · Married on 05/13/2017

From the moment we booked with Front Room and had our first meeting with Amanda we knew we made the right choice for our wedding photographer. The experience Amanda has and her professionalism made us feel comfortable right from the start. We were so excited she was willing to make the trip to Chicago to photograph us in the city and the neighborhood we live in for our engagement shoot and we were thrilled with how the photos turned out. After such a great engagement photo experience we knew we would be in good hands for our wedding day and Amanda and her team did not disappoint! From the time they showed up to the time they left on our wedding day the entire Front Room team made everyone feel comfortable and at ease. They were fun to work with and everyone from our parents to our guests and our wedding party enjoyed interacting with them. They really helped the day flow seamlessly and kept everyone on track with the timeline we had set together ahead of the big day. We also used Front Room's photo booth service and it was a huge hit that our guests loved and we ended up with an awesome book filled with fun photos from the night. Kelly did a great job with the photo booth on the night of our wedding in addition to being a huge help and answering any and all questions we had leading up to the wedding day. We recently received all of our photos from the day and were completely blown away by the number of amazing pictures. Looking through the photos with our parents and friends has been so much fun and we feel fortunate to have so many great moments and memories from our day captured in beautiful photographs we will have forever. Amanda and her team did an amazing job and we are so thankful for all they did to make our wedding day as special as it was. Thank you, Amanda, Kelly and Front Room! You all rock!

Samantha · Married on 08/06/2016

FRP was amazing for our wedding day and engagement session. Melissa really made an effort to get to know us prior to the wedding and on our day she was a huge support for me. Her and her assistant made taking photos so fun and effortless, and they had the best suggestions. She was even able to get shots on a yacht after the ceremony! Everyone told us how much they loved our photographer! The photo booth area was also amazing and so much fun! All the guests loved using the props, taking photos and getting instant prints of those photos!

Kara · Married on 08/06/2016

Front Room is incredible. Eron and Lydia were amazing and felt like family by the end of the day! We highly recommmend using them for wedding or special occasions photographs.

Rachael · Married on 11/06/2015

They are simply the best. Eron and his assistant were with our wedding for over 12 hours. Their pictures are fantastic and they were fun to work with. Many guests commented on how much fun our photographers were. They really helped make the day special and more importantly a lot of fun!!

Casey · Married on 10/03/2015

I loved everything about getting our engagement pictures done. We worked with Eron and he made us feel comfortable and interesting even though I'm sure he may get tired of doing engagement pictures every week. We got about 50 back to choose from and ended up choosing about 12 to purchase.
    My only complaint is there must have been a miscommunication when we booked the appointment. I was under the impression we would receive all our pictures back the same way we would get our wedding pictures. However, you need to purchase each picture individually for an engagement session. So just be clear and up front when booking the initial appointment. We weren't originally going to get engagement pics but then we added them on at last minute to get a bundle/discount price and the difference wasn't really pointed out until it was time for the actual consultation.

Maria · Married on 04/25/2015

If I could give Front Room Photo 10 stars, that would still not reflect the outstanding job they did! I got married in April 2015. I used FRP for my engagement and wedding photos, and would use them again for any special moment I want documented. I am not originally from the Milwaukee area, but knew them from their glowing reputation - I did not even consider any other photography companies - I knew the minute I looked at their work that I wanted them to be my photographers. I lucked out, and got to work with Amanda, who is a creative gem, with the most amazing personality and demeanor. She made us feel comfortable throughout our engagement session, truly listening to my very specific (borderline OCD) details of what I was looking to achieve - she nailed it - exceeded my highest expectations. On the day of the wedding, we had Amanda, Carl, and an assistant (can't remember her name, but she was a fantastic addition). They were with us from the very start - capturing the most perfect images of us getting ready, to the special walk down the aisle, to the crazy fun moments of the reception. They captured moments that I look back on now and can't help but smile! Their attention to the details of a moment, and allowing the emotions to resonate through their images - they are true artists. They even stayed a little longer at our Afterglow capturing some humorous moments of me and my (not so sober) groom. :) It was great working with such professionals who also were a blast to just hang out with - I think thats what make them even more likable - the passion for their work, along with their unique and glowing personalities. I admire and appreciate them for the business and amazing quality of service they promise and provide. Thank you again FRP... I think I am going to go look at my photos now, and reminisce!

Karin · Married on 07/26/2014

Front Room's engagement/save the date photo was awesome. The preliminary photos from the wedding and reception are very promising. Eron & Jon interacted well with the wedding party and got numerous shots of the event - including photos of the Bride's special needs sister dancing.

Sarah · Married on 05/03/2014

Neil, Darren and Niki at Front Room were beyond amazing to work with!

I've had the pleasure of working with them in the past so I had no doubt that is who I wanted for our wedding. Niki was great at getting us contracted and setup with everything we needed, and able to answer all the questions newly weds have! She was fabulous!

Neil and his assistant traveled up to Door County and were beyond anything we could have asked for! While getting ready the two of them just moved around the room and it seemed like they weren't even there. Caught all the special moments at the church that was important to us. Made all the family and bridal party pictures quick but yet perfect!

Neil could tell when we had enough pictures and would tell us to go enjoy. He knew what pictures we wanted and that were important to us and made them all happen through the night. I dont know how he was everywhere all the time! He was in the trees, on the road, finding the highest point in the room and everywhere else! It was amazing how he could find a spot to be with his camera to catch that perfect picture.

He has a great personality! We laughed a LOT! He understood us which was really important.

Thank you Neil and the Front Room team!!!
    Sarah and Gregory

Antonia · Married on 09/07/2013

Do not use Yelp for choosing vendors - they filtered out my long, detailed, raving review of Front Room! Basically, I adore this company. Because we had four professional photographers in our wedding party, our focus in choosing a photographer was on quality and not quantity. We were most impressed with Front Room's work and we decided to go with the a la carte package (6 hrs of photography) with one photographer (Neil) and an assistant (Niki), and one extra hour. Now, it's my experience with vendors that if you opt for the minimal package (aka don't spend a lot of money), it's reflected in the service you receive - this was NOT AT ALL the case here. We always received courteous and professional service, and everyone we worked with went above and beyond our expectations. Niki was a sweetheart - always cheerful and on top of things. And Neil was everything that a stressed-out bride-to-be wants from a photographer - warm, helpful, professional, and incredibly talented. They hit all the basics - they showed up on time, were ever-present but unobtrusive, got quality shots - but they also did so much more. We were always on schedule, while still getting all of the photos we wanted. Neil was so creative - jumping on things or laying on the ground, etc. And on top of it all, they were charming and friendly and felt like part of the family. Even if the photos had ended up being average, I think I still would've been thrilled with our choice because of the stellar service, but like everything else Front Room does, the photos were spectacular. We received them only a month after the wedding and everyone was blown away. They also made this time lapse video that really helped us relive the day! I can't fit all I want to say about them in this review, but I will be using Front Room for all our photography needs in the future. Thank you Neil & Niki!

Great job! Neil saved the day. We are extremely blessed to have had the opportunity to work with Neil!

Nancy · Married on 08/11/2012

Neil and his staff are true professionals. They took every picture that we asked. His pictures are very unique, creative and artistic. The photographs are truly exceptional and everyone is amazed at their beauty. He captured not only the special event, but the emotions that we were feeling.

We could not of been happier with our wedding photos. My husband and I highly recommend Front Room.

April · Married on 08/04/2012

My husband and I just got married in August and we chose Front Room for our photographers and are so incredibly happy that we did so. We live in Neenah, WI, but decided to get married in Milwaukee based on many circumstances. We chose Front Room based on a list our vendor gave us and the amazing pictures they have on their website. We decided early on that we were willing to spend more on photography because it is really the only thing you take away from the day, besides the amazing marriage!
    We were able to do most things through email, but decided to stop down their twice to talk with them. They made us feel very comfortable and at home both times. They took time to get to know our personalities and really get a sense of what we wanted for our big day.
    unfortunately it rained on our wedding day and our ceremony was supposed to take place outside...I was underwhelmed with the indoor space, but it really beat the pouring rain. Neil was amazing. The moment he found out it was going to rain, he sent my husband and the groomsman on a mission to find umbrella's that would photograph well, he took photos of the ceremony space that made it look more amazing than I could ever dream of, and he was able to pull us out for pictures all night (without disrupting the reception) and we still got amazing shots in the gardens (maybe even more amazing than if it wouldn't have rained!) Our plan had been to take photos during cocktail hour and even without that happening, we have over 1300 photos! Each more amazing than the last!
    We will say our budget for photography was a bit larger, but we both think it was totally worth every penny. You really do get what you pay for. We could not be happier with the moments of our wedding that were captured by our photographs and would not have chosen anyone but Front Room.

Kelly · Married on 07/14/2012

I can't say enough great things about Frontroom! They are absolutely amazing to work with. All of the responses below say everything I feel! They are such a breeze to work with. We chose them for our engagement and wedding photos and could not have been happier. They made the entire experience SO much fun. And the photographs our out of this world amazing. They capture great shot after great shot. You don't want to skimp on your choice of photographer for such special moments in your life. And I am so glad we didn't - They were worth every penny!

Michelle · Married on 06/02/2012

These photographers are AMAZING!! They were very professional and kept me stress free! :) They added on an assistant photographer the day of our wedding and an extra hour and a half of photography, free of charge! I highly recommend Front Room for any wedding.

Jean Marie · Married on 12/31/2011

Knowing the Pfister Hotel strives for perfection and excellence, it was natural to choose their recommendation for a photographer. Front Room Photography exceeded our expectations.
    Unique candid shots of each event of the evening, artistic rendering of the fine details, creative capturing of the bridal party, and the beauty of the bride in stunning poses are examples of the photographs that bring to mind a flood of memories of a spectacular evening.
    The professional staff is reliable and responsive in immediately setting up appointments and being available to answer any question. The photographer was a gift for the wedding party as he was genuinely warm, knowledgeable, friendly, enthusiastic, flexible, and fun! His creative pictures reflect the emotions from utmost joy to heartfelt tears.
    The waiting time for the first pictures is minimal and ordering prints a breeze. Photographs arrived in a time frame as promised in a lovely gift box tied with a satin ribbon. Shipping charge for out of town orders is nominal. Just four months after the event, the wedding album is ready to be reviewed by the bride and groom. Careful one-on-one approval is the norm.
    When the excitement of the night is over, all that remains are the photographs. With Front Room Photography, you will not be disappointed with your treasured memories

Dani · Married on 11/22/2011

Kids in the picture? Front Room also has a "Playdate" option. Here's how it works: you bring the kids in for a casual photo shoot and you end up with amazing photos! So easy. So worth while! I cannot wait to see the looks on Grandma and Grandpa's faces when they open their holiday gift. I will definitely call on Eron and Neil and the folks at Front Room to create more lasting family photos.

Jessica · Married on 08/27/2010

Front Room was amazing. They worked within my budget and provided quality photos. Our photographer was Calfa and we had so much fun with her! I would absolutely recommend Front Room to others.

Jessica · Married on 05/14/2010

Let me start by saying for all you fellow perfectionist brides, if you hire FR you can relax and worry about the other 1001 things to do on your list.
    Our photographer's name was Neil. We hired him for an engagement shoot and our 2 day celebration. He was everything I wanted in a vendor and more.
    Prepared, flexible, showed up early, well dressed, very professional, worked well with other vendors, personable w/guests. AND MUCH MORE...
    Our engagement shoot (not included in package) was worth the extra money and highly recommend it. The memories we have from this day are as great as the wedding itself. We changed locations last minute and he was very accommodating. I was very nervous for this shoot. Neil was incredibly patient! He was unobtrusive and- hindsight- a little sneaky. He worked his camera in some odd angles. We look at our photos and now know..."oh, that's what he was doing". He has a talent for documenting intimate moments you don't realize you have w/your fiance until after you get the proofs back and look through them.
    For the wedding weekend, I was much more relaxed knowing we would get some great pics. However, I didn't know how great it was going to be just to have him in the room. Neil (and our videographer) made the bridal suite much more relaxed and even humored us. As I was getting ready, he suggested tips/ideas. Like, hit the restroom one last time, don't put on lip-gloss till after you dress, etc. He was very aware of a bride's needs and concerns!
    You could consider Neil to be a photographer/comedian/bride's assistant/comforter/coordinator/therapist. He is worth every dollar!
    The rest of the FR team is also worth noting. Anytime we called our messages were returned right away. Very personalized service. Very organized! And it is evident the entire staff is proud of the process and the art they produce.

Kristina · Married on 10/03/2009

FrontRoom Photography is an AMAZING group to work with and their finished product left us in awe of our own wedding day. I realized wedding photos are the only physical things I would have once the day is over, and I never wanted to regret not making an investment in those photos. No matter what you spend on everything else, the photographers are the only ones that can capture it all for you to look at the rest of your lives. Think about it!
    The people are fantastic and we had so much fun with them on that day. Our family, entire wedding party, and even guests, thought they were awesome.
    Their artistry is breathtaking to say the least. We get SO many compliments on our photos, and a lot of people saying "I wish I would have know these guys" or "I wish I would have invested more in my photography".
    We are so glad to have gone through the process with the FR Family. We'll be calling FR for all future family milestone! I cannot brag about these guys enough!!

• Danielle

Danielle · Married on 08/01/2009

We had so much fun with our photographers, Calfa and Dan. They were on top of everything and really knew what they were doing. We haven't seen many of the pictures yet, but the ones we have seen look amazing. They were sure to get pictures of all the things that I wanted. My husband is actually a photographer who is just starting in the wedding industry, and he aspires to be like Front Room someday. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Jamie · Married on 08/08/2008

The best photographers in the city. So personable, accommodating, and talented. We are so in love with every photo.