From Scratch Catering & Event Planning Reviews

53 Reviews for From Scratch Catering & Event Planning

• Mari

Mari Kraft · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Highlight of our wedding

You know your food was good when all of your guests are still talking about it a month after the wedding! We couldn't be happier with From Scratch Catering. The food was delicious and kept perfectly warm for everyone. They have many options for different diets and everything is spot on. The food was a absolute highlight of the evening. Thank you From Scratch!!

Sent on 02/13/2020
  • Pam

Pam Reynolds · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Absolutely recommend!

Would 100% recommend Jeff and his team for your catered event. Ours was a wedding in Millington, MI for 205 people. The one thing we absolutely insisted on being perfect for our guests was a delectable meal. Jeff worked with us "from scratch" months earlier to choose a menu of appetizers, exquisite meal of filet and shrimp (with garlic mashed potatoes and tri-colored carrots) and executed everything beautifully. Every steak was cooked medium-rare to perfection and the shrimp was exceptional as well. Our choice of a stationary cheese/cracker/ fruit table along with four butler-passed appetizers made for an amazing cocktail hour. Jeff is the most patient, mild-mannered, business owner you'd ever want to work with. I would absolutely recommend From Scratch to anyone wishing who, like us, wanted their event to have a delectable meal. Jeff and his team know how to execute perfection!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Jan

Jan Czubaj · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Food allergies

The bride and groom have food allergies. The caterer was willing to make sure that what was served did not have their allergens. They were able to eat and not fear the food. :)

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Jenny

Jenny Carl · Married on 10/18/2019

An unforgettable experience

I recently went to a wedding that was catered by From Scratch Catering. I was refreshed by the amazing assortment of food that was unlike the usually food you see at weddings. I couldn’t get enough of the stuffed mushroom and jalapeño popper appetizers. The main course was beautifully garnished and tasted even better than it looked! I will gladly try to book From Scratch Catering next time I host an event.

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Bethany

Bethany · Married on 10/05/2019

Delicious!!

This food was amazing! Not overpriced, absolutely delicious. Not your typical bland wedding food. We had their pulled pork, roasted chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and other sides and it was amazing.

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Mumaw · Married on 09/20/2019

Great selection and taste

We booked our venue at the Treasury and From Scratch Catering is who we chose to use, through the Treasury. It was a seamless, easy process and Jeff and his team made some incredible food. We chose to go with a strolling dinner, which we would highly recommend. It was interactive, and allowed us to have multiple different kind of styles of food. The display was amazing, and more importantly, we received so many compliments from our guests about how good the food was! Staff was plentiful in helping keep food filled and helping to serve to keep the flow going through the stations.

Highly recommend the BBQ pork sliders, macaroni bar and taco truck :)

Sent on 09/24/2019

Emily E. · Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing food and professional staff

From Scratch catered my husband and I's wedding this past weekend. As we went around to thank our guest, everyone raved about how good the food was. People also raved about how good the drinks were. Jeff helped A LOT through the planning process and gave me very helpful opinions. He was very easy to get ahold of for any questions. We could not have asked for a better caterer. When they arrived, they knew what to do, and didn't have to ask any questions. It was one less thing to worry about during all the festivities! Thank you!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Hayley Chartier · Married on 07/18/2019

Great Caterer

From Scratch Catering is one of my three preferred caterers that cater within my banquet facility. They service about 95% of my weddings and are nothing less than fabulous. Jeff is a third generation caterer that is wonderful to work with, he makes the planning process fun and exciting for all of my bride and grooms. He bases his business on being “customizable” which allows my clients to have a unique experience based on their vision. From Scratch Catering also has a very professional staff that is on top of their service. I truly enjoy working with their Operations Manager Ryan and their two kitchen managers Jordan and Cailin. They contribute to the success of the overall operation and are very talented. Overall, I highly recommend this caterer for any type of function, whether it’s a wedding, corporate event or fundraiser. They will deliver a memorable experience for all.

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Krista

Krista Empey-Cederberg · Married on 06/08/2019

Impressive

I was so thankful to find a company willing to cater my outdoor wedding in a somewhat rural and secluded location. Not only did they travel to provide food for my wedding, but the quality was top knotch. I have never been to another wedding that had food this good. All of our guests commented on how great it was. Would absolutely recommend this company to anyone needing a catered event.

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Green-Thurston · Married on 05/11/2019

Our Wedding

By far the best food I have ever eaten in my life. Seriously top notch food. My guests raved all night long about the food. On the plus side we got to keep the left overs. Loved to enjoy it the next couple days :). You will not regret choosing from scratch for your event. Love it all.

Sent on 05/23/2019

Cynthia · Married on 10/06/2018

Jeff was very easy to work with and the food was outstanding. Everyone at our event has been raving about the food. I would recommend From Scratch Catering to anyone planning an event.

Sent on 10/08/2018

marta · Married on 09/22/2018

Jeff and his team were fantastic to work with! Highly professional and the food was absolutely amazing! I can't recommend From Scratch Catering Enough!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Pam Weaver · Married on 09/22/2018

Great food, great company

Jeff and his staff provided delicious appetizers and dinner for our son’s wedding reception. Jeff was very easy to work with, and his communication was quick and informative. Our venue did not have a liquor license, so being able to also get bar service through From Scratch made things so much easier for us. The only unfortunate thing that happened was that we ran out of prime rib. I’m sure the fact that it was so delicious contributed to that happening. We received many compliments on the food, including one from a family member who said it was the best wedding food he’s ever had. I highly recommend From Scratch Catering & Event Planning!

Sent on 11/04/2018

jim · Married on 09/15/2018

the food was great and the staff did an outstanding job keeping everything full.

Sent on 10/06/2018

Danielle · Married on 09/01/2018

Their food is amazing, and Jeff is absolutely great! My sister is having a wedding next year, and we hope she chooses Jeff for his amazing service and food.

Taylor · Married on 08/31/2018

Excellent experience with From Scratch Catering & Event Planning! Hired them for my August 2018 wedding and they did not disappoint! The whole planning process was easy and fun with Jeff and his team. Some of my guests even said it was the best wedding food they've ever had! I HIGHLY recommend Jeff and his team for any type of catered event!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Marge · Married on 08/25/2018

Held a couples shower for our nephew and fiance there this past weekend. Absolutely fantastic! If the wholesome, natural, local sourcing of food was not enough to deserve admiration, the preparation and presentation were absolutely outstanding. The cozy dining area was a very special treat for a small event like ours -- gave us a warm environment to entertain guests. The food was wonderful. . . would definitely recommend these folks to anyone!

Sent on 01/01/2018

Sam · Married on 08/25/2018

The team at From Scratch are unbelievable. They make the most delicious food and everything is fresh, locally sourced, and did I mention delicious. We had so many rave reviews from our wedding guests about how great it all was. The management team was very personable, easy to reach with questions, and well organized. They arrived on time, and it was an easy and relaxed affair. Thank you so much for heightening the experience of our day!!!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/04/2018

Our wedding was amazing! Everyone LOVED the food! Service was surprisingly great considering the hot temperatures for the day of our wedding and the tight space of the venue.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Syndi · Married on 06/21/2018

From Scratch has catered our Zoo Event Brew at the Zoo the last two years! The food has been phenomenal! Our guests can not get enough. Jeff is great to work with, he's flexible, friendly are communicates well! He only wants the best for your guests!

Becca · Married on 06/09/2018

Jeff and his team are great to work with. I had a lot of great compliments about the food and service!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Courtney · Married on 05/12/2018

Amazing! Cannot recommend a better team to work with. Jeff and his crew made our day the best. Our guests were raving about the food selection for months after our wedding.

Heather · event on: 05/08/2018

Everything was better than expected. Food was very fresh, warm, and beautifully presented.

Sent on 05/13/2018

Lori · event on: 05/08/2018

The food was delicious, we had pulled pork & chicken salad wraps. A perfect luncheon. It was delivered on time. I would highly recommend this catering service !

Sent on 05/14/2018

Lindsey · event on: 05/07/2018

The food was fresh, delicious, and reasonably priced. I would highly recommend them for your next catered event.

Sent on 05/08/2018