Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

17 Reviews for Frog Commissary Catering

User Photos
todo alt text
todo alt text
17 Frog Commissary Catering Reviews

WOW! Not 'standard' wedding food by any stretch of the imagination. Tara & Ali were extremely helpful. We worked with Ali for most of the planning & felt so comfortable with her through the whole process. Her attention to detail, thoughtfulness, & flexibility with us was so greatly appreciated. She was wonderful communicating via email, which was very important to us as we were planning the wedding from afar. Ali helped us craft a unique menu that WOWed our guests - Latin flavors mixed with classic touches & a cake that guests still rave about! She was was even present on the night of the reception to make sure everything went as planned. She was great with offering advice along the way & was a pleasure to work with.

The high staff to guest ratio was definitely felt in the room. We even had a dedicated bridal attendant through the night to ensure that all of our items were collected at the end of the night & properly placed into the correct vehicles. Our wait staff attendant was so pleasant as well! We took a few quick photos during cocktail hour in various spaces in the museum & every time we were finished with a set of photos, we would turn around & our dedicated wait staff member would be there with beverages or a plate of our cocktail hour appetizers. We didn't have to lift a finger & we were able to taste ALL of the food at our wedding! We were very (very) much excited about hosting our cocktail hour in the Brain Exhibit & the experience certainly delivered!

We were sent home with a beautifully packaged top tier of our cake in addition to a groom's box of goodies that we enjoyed back at the hotel through the next morning. We also very much appreciated the lovely gift that was sent to us a month or so after the wedding- they are so thoughtful! The entire Frog team was so very wonderful & helped us to create a night with truly spectacular memories to last a lifetime. Thank you Frog Commissary!

Photo for Frog Commissary Catering Review - photo credit: DMPfamilylife
Photo for Frog Commissary Catering Review - photo credit: DMPfamilylife
Profile Picture User6284883, Recently Married, 13 Reviews
Category: Catering

I can't say enough good things!! Ali and Gina are amazing. Gina helped me with my monograms and lighting package to make stars and clouds at special moments and to change the colors throughout the nights events. Got so many compliments on it! Ali is the best wedding planner ever! So calm and organized and communicated so well to my vendors so I didn't have to worry. The night of the staff is professional and organized and i didn't have to worry about a thing. Got so many compliments on the food, especially the cake!! People kept asking me what it was and that they never ate whole piece of "wedding cake" before but couldnt stop after 1 bite! I truly was relaxed and able to enjoy the night, partied and laughed my whole reception because of the Frog! Thank you!!

Profile Picture Sophia, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We booked with Frog as the exclusive caterer of the Franklin Institute. My only complaint would be that the response time leading up to the wedding was pretty slow, which can make a lot of brides very nervous. I just kept telling myself that they host beautiful weddings at least once a week and that I have to trust that everything will come together in the end. It definitely did. The food was fantastic! We received so many compliments and everything ran smoothly. We had a station menu and our guests were stuffed because they had to have seconds. The waitstaff also ensured that my husband and I had plenty to eat and drink. They provided us with a sampler plate of all the hors d'oeuvres and champagne before we went into the cocktail hour and then made a full plate of dinner for us while our guests were at the buffet. They also made our cake which was delicious and gorgeous. They provided everything and made the whole process very easy.

Profile Picture User6323846, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Everything from working with them, scheduling, and of course the food, was fantastic.

Profile Picture Amy, 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our cake was beautiful and delicious. We chose carrot cake and were very happy with how it turned out and received tons of complements on it!

Profile Picture User5199515, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The food at our reception was AMAZING. Our guests loved everything that was served. We were so pleased with the quality and portion size. Our coordinator was so flexible and worked with us every step of the way. She was able to give us exactly what we wanted within our budget. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture User3925772, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake

Working Frog Commissary Catering came as part of our package with The Franklin Institute. However, given the ease and responsiveness of working with Ginger Bickley, Chef's patience and creativity in testing and perfecting recipes to please our Indian palates and the rave reviews from all of our guest on all the food served during the event, I would have chosen them in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Ami, 4/19/14, 6 Reviews
2.0

The food was spectacular. Our guests are still raving about it. However, dealing with the catering coordinator was a complete nightmare. She's IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of. We tried everything, calling, e-mails...nothing worked. It's a real shame because the chef and the kitchen staff did a great job. If you're pretty laid back and don't really care how things turn out (like the cake...we had no idea what the cake would end up looking since we didn't discuss it with them until a few DAYS before the wedding), then go for it. Otherwise, keep looking.

Profile Picture User2667307, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
3.9

Frog Commissary Catering came with our contract with The Franklin Institute. They did a great job overall. On my wedding day, everything looked wonderful, tasted great, and went off without a hitch! The only issues that popped up occurred during the planning period (e.g., changing the timeline of events the week of the wedding, not getting back to us quickly with beer requests or contract approvals). One thing I was impressed with was the flexibility during our tasting. We didn't fancy one of the seafood dishes and some of the appetizers that we chose, so the chef came out to discuss alternatives that we could have instead. Some of the options were ones that he created on the spot! I was very happy with that, especially since we could not come back for another tasting with us living in across the country (NOTE: For the guests that did end up having the improved seafood dish, they really liked it!).

Profile Picture User1524818, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

They were excellant and the food and cake was top notch.

Profile Picture User2687285, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Fantastic food! Far better quality food and taste than any other wedding caterer. Love that they do both the main meal and wedding cake (so we didn't have to find a separate bakery). Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious! Absolutely the most attentive and professional waitstaff - esp to those with children attending the reception.

Profile Picture User2147779, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering

we loved working with sarah at frog

Profile Picture User1535976, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
4.2

The food provided by Frog Commissary Catering was good. A bit pricy, easy to work with staff, good selection of choices.The guests loved the appetizers during coctail hour. Most of the guests liked the main dinner.

Profile Picture Winnie, 3/17/12, 5 Reviews
3.4

This is a tough one. Let me start by saying, they were great the day of the wedding. The were very attentive and the food was absolutely solid. I would say it was a B+, which I think is WAY better than most caterers. Their display of food was also great, and the wait staff was amazing. Working with them leading up to the event was a mixed bag. First off, there is just not much flexibility with pricing, and you had to use them at my venue They say it starts at 115 a person, but there's just no way to keep it that low (once you include things like chairs!). In the end they did throw in larger plates, which was nice. Our first tasting was awful, and at their prices, we were devastated. My husband and I both took a hot bath that night we were so upset. The food was super salty and some of it was burned. BUT, they gave us a second tasting that was much better, and as I said, the food the day of was solid. They will do anything you want, but you REALLY have to ask. The appetizers they were giving us at the tasting were super small, but if you ask to make them bigger, they will. We also had trouble getting answers and communicating with our contact until two weeks out. From that point though, she was a rock start and attended to our every need. So...if you have the patience, and assertiveness, I think they'll come through for you, but it was not our best vendor experience.

Profile Picture Laura, 5/30/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Frog is a top of the line caterer with exceptional service and quality. We had an amazing 5 star tasting menu several months before the wedding. At the tasting, all of the food was unbelievably good. My only complaint is that some of the dishes weren't quite as tasty at the wedding itself. I know it's different when making dinner for 6 people vs 200 people, but some of the dishes were prepared differently and not quite as good. But overall, the food was fantastic! Frog was also amazing when it came to coordinating with the venue site, setting up decor, and making everything run smoothly.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/28/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The food was AMAZING. We tasted so much food and we could only select some of it which was the only real tragedy of the night! The team was professional and the food and presentation was perfect. Nothing was left!

Profile Picture Beth, 2/2/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food was to die for! They also let me design my cake. They had lots of upgrades available.

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/21/03, 5 Reviews